TIEBREAKER - Kaukau V.S. Mask of Adaption V.S. Kadin

Boidoh

Kaukau V.S. Mask of Adaption V.S. Kadin  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the Toa Mangai of Ice Kanohi poll we had two fourth places... Tiebreaker time...

And to the anti-canonization crowd, this one doesn't have a "I Don't wanna know" option, because it's a tiebreaker, not a new poll. Just a continuation on another topic...

EDIT: Turns out there was one person who had their vote invalidated and I forgot to add the +1 for their votes.. Kadin is now an option

I'll be voting for the Kaukau  because I think that it would be cool to have a Toa of Ice swimming in cold waters.

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 4

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Kaukau for two reasons

1: From a story perspective, a toa of ice being able to effectivly swim in the material he has the power to freeze sounds like a fairly benificial skill

2: From a fan perspective: He will be MOCable XD

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

My personal choice would be to completely discard the Mask of Conjuring and take two of these, but since that's not going to happen... Kaukau I suppose.

I only hope regardless of the outcome of this one, you present to Greg the top results with numbers. Include a breakdown of this runoff too. Again, informed decisions and all.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 12

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I only hope regardless of the outcome of this one, you present to Greg the top results with numbers. Include a breakdown of this runoff too. Again, informed decisions and all.

I agree very, very much with this. The only thing that separates anything in the previous poll is maybe 2 votes total.

Why are you posting a new poll so quickly, by the way? I get that you're excited and all, but I would like to ask you to take it slow.

This ISN'T a new one. It is a tiebreaker...

• Upvote 2

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

My personal choice would be to completely discard the Mask of Conjuring and take two of these, but since that's not going to happen... Kaukau I suppose.

~|ET|~

Alllll of this.
  • Upvote 7

I say Kadin, because being able to attack the Dragon from the air is a sound tactic.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I say Kadin, because being able to attack the Dragon from the air is a sound tactic.

I went with Kadin, because then it'd be easier for him to make ice slides like Iceman.

These are the two reasons why the Kadin got my vote. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Kadin is making a serious comeback... Adaption i sbeing left in the dust.

Kaukau, gives MOCers a use for the 2001 white version.

• Upvote 1

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Kadin is making a serious comeback... Adaption i sbeing left in the dust.

Well, that's only to be expected. The Kadin and the Kaukau have the advantages of being featured in sets and in story. People know about them, whereas most people have never heard of the "Mask of Adaptation" and would have to look it up on BS01. Plus, they are more easily represented in MOCs and fan art, making them more amenable to fans who have an interest in such things.

I'm not voting, because the Toa's Kanohi really don't matter that much to me. If I were going to vote, though, it would definitely be for one of those two. (Probably the Kadin, since it has fewer bearers than the Kaukau, and I'd prefer to see a less prominent mask used.)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I think Kadin would be way more useful overall than a Kaukau, especially against a flying forebreathing dragon. What, you're gonna play in the puddles while this thing is flying and destroying everything? Please.

Plus, black is a secondary color of ice anyway, so MOCers could utilize Nuparu's Kadin anyway. :)

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Black is a secondary color to ice?

No...

hite

uPrimary: White

Secondary: Light gray, sand blue, dark greye, dark greylue, dark grey

Edited by Boidoh

It doesn't say that on the ice page...

Primary: White
Secondary: Light gray, sand blue, dark grey

It would be nice to see some more ice creatures with some black on them. After just getting Talvi and Pakastaa, it would be really cool to see that in a Toa. 

But, I'm going to stick with a Kaukau, because of the entire 'surprise attack' thing. 

BTW, were the Mangai created to stop the Dark Hunters or to fight the Kanohi Dragon? If it was the latter, then my reasoning is null I guess. 

bZpOwEr

Boidoh, BS01 does not always have entirely accurate information. As an editor yourself, you should know that. :P

We have seen Ko-Matoran with colors of white and black. A logical conclusion is that black is an acceptable secondary color for Ice-affiliated beings. In fact, I will go and add black to that list of secondary colors right now.

• Upvote 6
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I voted Kaukau for reasons in the previous topic (minus the part I mixed up about the Kanohi Dragon being underwater, although I wonder if this one Toa might have been periodically coming to keep it frozen before the team formed).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

How long should this tiebreaker poll be left open?

I would guess until it seems like everyone that wants to vote has voted. :P

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I decided to go with Mask of Adaption because, with a Toa of Ice in Ta-Metru, fighting a fire breathing dragon, things might start getting a little hot for an Ice Toa, and the mask may help with that.  Although, a flying Toa of Ice would be cool too.  And, actually, I like bonesiii's idea for why the Toa would wear a Kaukau.  It adds an extra, interesting layer to the character (the grizzled veteran).  So, in summary, I guess I'm saying I'd be fine with any of these  :fonz:

Edited by unknown456

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

The Kanohi Dragon was in Ta-Metru, right? Not much water there, Kadin makes more sense.

The team members wouldn't necessarily be chosen for their mask powers fitting that specific setting. It could be more realistic if they don't all fit it perfectly. :shrugs: But ice melting in Ta-Metru actually does make some sense for a Kaukau just from the setting. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

10 day to 2weeks? I think thats what I sugested in the guidelines... Not set in stone of course, but more of a suggestion to leach out as many votes as possible from the community.
  • Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

more of a suggestion to leach out as many votes as possible from the community.

Considering that "Which Toa Mangai wore the Kakama?" looks like it was finished with 50~ votes, & the others seemed to have around 100~ we're either almost there or half-way there :P   (& it was 9 votes ahead,)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

more of a suggestion to leach out as many votes as possible from the community.

Considering that "Which Toa Mangai wore the Kakama?" looks like it was finished with 50~ votes, & the others seemed to have around 100~ we're either almost there or half-way there :P   (& it was 9 votes ahead,)

You know, technically, it was open for a week, because my post to Greg still isn't approved....

You know, technically, it was open for a week, because my post to Greg still isn't approved....

Ah right... (So I guess 100~ votes is the unofficial benchmark of sorts not 50, or at least potentially that if that gets more votes... but the 'actual' benchmark is done on time period... so yeah...)

([{Even still, 53 votes isn't much, so I guess one week isn't enough for the greater community to know &/or care enough about this to add their vote...}])

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I blame the poll reset. Some people probably never even knew it had reset.

• Upvote 2

Boidoh, BS01 does not always have entirely accurate information. As an editor yourself, you should know that. :P

We have seen Ko-Matoran with colors of white and black. A logical conclusion is that black is an acceptable secondary color for Ice-affiliated beings. In fact, I will go and add black to that list of secondary colors right now.

Are you sure that wasn't dark gray?

If it was, it was only a few angstroms shy of being true black.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Are you sure that wasn't dark gray?

This is really not worth debating. :P If a MOC artist wants to build a Toa of Ice using white and black pieces, is anybody going to bother stopping them?

-- Harlan Ellison

The colors issue is always ridiculous anyway because basically any Toa can be any color for reasons. Heck, that was a canonization squibble of its own back in the day, when people kept getting Greg to approve their own headcanon color schemes for various Matoran (we'll ignore that I may or may not have done that for Ba-Matoran :U). I think the LMB has seen its share of that, too.

That said... I've only ever seen dark grey on Ko-Matoran, and not black, so I'm not sure where people ARE getting black from as Ice's secondary color.

Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 2