MOC using Rhakshi parts!

CrashDummy

Hello! Hearing that bionicle will be making a come-back in 2015, I decided to dust off some old parts and make something. I stopped collecting years ago, so the latest I have is the green Toa Metru.

PS: I notice that I tend to incorporate guns in mine. This is probably due to my incompetence in Bionicle lore and setting. So these really are not 'Bionicle' per say: more appropriate would be robots using bionicle parts.

PPS: I do wish I had more colour appropriate parts, sigh...

This Guy (not really an original thing; its just a mod): 

He has two guass pistols on each arm with a bayonet to boot! In addition, he features the green Toa Metru's mask and two back mounted chain guns. I had delusions about him using those back guns to fly, but alas it would look cool but be impractical all the whilst.

1. front view

DSC_0337.jpg

2. back view

DSC_0338.jpg

3. back-mounted chain guns out

DSC_0339.jpg

This guy: Years ago, my brother and I had dreams about making a small mech piloted by a lego figure. This was ultimately what we came up with. This one features an arm-cannon on the right and a shield on the left. The shield plate comes from the Bohrok set, while a Rhakshi provides parts for the base frame. 

1. front view

DSC_0341.jpg

2. side view

DSC_0340.jpg

Edited by donhoavon
  • Upvote 1

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

Those are some really cool looking guns! I don't like the non-Lego parts too much, but the guns are well built and look like something you'd see in the Bionicle universe. Also, that mask is a Kanohi Mahiki, the great mask of Illusion. It allows the users to shapeshift and create illusions to fool all five senses. The MOC is well built, and has a fairly good color scheme. The tan stands out a bit, but the silver and gold give a flash of color that looks good. Excellent job! Not the most amazing MOC, but unique and good looking nonetheless!

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Those are some really cool looking guns! I don't like the non-Lego parts too much, but the guns are well built and look like something you'd see in the Bionicle universe. Also, that mask is a Kanohi Mahiki, the great mask of Illusion. It allows the users to shapeshift and create illusions to fool all five senses. The MOC is well built, and has a fairly good color scheme. The tan stands out a bit, but the silver and gold give a flash of color that looks good. Excellent job! Not the most amazing MOC, but unique and good looking nonetheless!

There isn't a single non-Lego part in that MOC. If you're referring to the odd-looking yellow piece, it's in some of the Aquazone sets from the nineties (possibly early 2000's as well). I would know that because I have that piece in grey.

Onto the MOC, I think it could use some color balancing. I'd stick to colors that I have plenty of, like tones of grey or black and white. Anyways, a cool concept. Hope you start getting back into the realm of Bionicle!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

About colour balance, I only have a single box of Bionicle parts or so.Will probably have to go shopping for new sets soon.

I noticed something called "hero factory" that looks to be rather similar; should I pick up parts from there?

Also, is there a guide to building Titans? I noticed quite a few spectacularly gigantic MoCs around the forums.

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

Hero Factory sets use a very slightly different style called CCBS. They're compatible with the old parts, but I personally think HF isn't quite as good, particularly IFB, the last wave released. If you can find the Breakout or Brain Attack sets, I'd recommend those, as well as Witch Doctor and Rocka XL from the 3.0 wave.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png