Best Bionicle Villain(s)

First place Teridax and I'd count it top on best villains not just Bionicle-wise.

I'd also add the Roodaka as she's supposed to be as cunning as Makuta or even more.

Krika also has an honorable mention because he is like one of the best tragic characters from the Bionicle Universe.

• Upvote 1

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Is there a single argument AGAINST Teridax? :P

For second place, though, I would have to say Zaktan. I really found his character intriguing and, to this day, after re-reading some of the story, his character still carries a substantial amount of weight.

• Upvote 2

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

All of you are wrong; the Lord of Skull Spiders is clearly the best there is.

• Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

• Upvote 10

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Vezon while he was still a threat. Otherwise, I'd say Zaktan or maybe Pridak.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Teridax. I love how his plan actually succeeded but he didn't really strike as an interesting villain considering he was the main bad guy.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Lets not count Teridax, shall we? We all know he's the main man. :P

I'd say Zaktan and Shadowed One. Both of them were very cunning and overall great characters and successful villains.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Well you're not wrong there, he is pretty cool, with all those orange claws, he's gonna mess you up. ;)

I have to say, I do like Roodaka.

Her build is very detailed and actually resembles a female, which was rare in Bionicle. She portrayed that sort of evil-female look pretty well, as well as having an incredibly dark personality and playing the 'deceptive queen' act.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I don't know if he counts, but I always thought Irnakk was a really cool villain. With his ability to turn beings into thoughts and reverses powers on others, he would've been a ruthless villain if he wasn't a Skakdi myth.

As for real villains, The Piraka do standout as some of the more dangerous foes the Toa Nuva and Toa Inika faced in the story. I would also include Rahkshi on the list, since they usually gave Toa a lot of trouble whenever they were around.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Zaktan, Teridax, and Nidhiki. Zaktan for being sly and sinister; Teridax for his cunning and his effective "main-badguy" demeanor plus victory in 2008; Nidhiki for his ironic backstory as well as awesome design.

Pridak, Takadox, Hakkann, Vezok and Mutran are pretty high on my list as well.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I think Teridax is the best for some obvious reasons. Other than him, I'd say The Shadowed One or Zaktan, as they both have interesting personalities and backstories in my opinion. I like that Zaktan survived death by existing as a formation of Protodites and I like that The Shadowed One killed his long time buddy, just to keep some information (though I will admit that is a pretty nasty move.)

Edited by Rooster Nui

Teridax, quite easily. The argument, of course, is in which aspect was the best villain: cunning mastermind, champion of shadows, tyrant of the universe, or eldritch horror? He's been many things, as best fits the year; the mastermind from 2004-2008, the champion in 2003, the tyrant in 2009+, and the horror in 2001-2003.

Personally, I was always the most fond of the first, perhaps mostly because it was the Makuta I was first introduced to. Him putting on the facade for the other roles would certainly fall within his abilities; for instance, summoning the storm and Rahi to mess with the Toa back in 2001. It also matches his ego; he thinks himself equal to Mata-Nui, as a god, and therefore enjoys playing it.

But there's more to it. In 2004 and the like, it was shown that Makuta was clever and powerful, but not foolproof. Like any devil, he could be beat; he could be outsmarted. And, of course, he was willing to operate within the bounds of rules and deals. There was a sense that the Toa Metru, while not having beaten him entirely, had delayed his plans; that in Takanuva coming out victorious, he had suffered a crippling loss; that in making a deal with Vakama, he was willing to accept a loss, because he was willing to wait.

The thing is, as time passed on, these setbacks became... not really setbacks. The plan went off almost perfectly, and he was able to slip into the Great Spirit's shoes. This would have been fine, if the events from previous years had been what led to his defeat... but it wasn't. He was killed by a rock, by Mata-Nui. If the Shadowed One had defeated him, finally claiming vengeance for the lost Dark Hunters, it would have worked. Heck, virtually any of the characters in the story, were they to face him, would have worked out better, so long as it was because of something the good guys had done.

But it wasn't. It was "he was too egotistical", which only works if there's a build-up. And, see, the one-on-one duel would also have been fine if it had been new; but since Takanuva had already had it, then really, there was no sense. Giant robot battle was not the way for things to end.

At least, not without giant robots sets. Lego really missed their shot on that one.

----

Now, moving on past Teridax, I'd say the second best villain was Icarax. He was sadly underutilized, however; his "rule" of the Brotherhood, for instance, comes across as something which sort of was happening. If it had been mentioned better in the serials, and perhaps mentioned earlier in the books (for instance, Legacy of Evil could have mentioned the sudden switch in leadership, and how much more brutal the war got with Icarax in charge). I'm not particularly fond of his death; his contribution to the plot of the books was far lower than it should have been.

Other than that, the Shadowed One, and most of the Piraka, were all interesting villains.

I'm also somewhat fond of Pridak, and the Barraki in general. However, I feel that they were also underutilized, and came across as only a small portion of what they could have been. Considering that their actions were basically the catalyst for Teridax plotting to take over, they really should have been better expanded upon; especially in the later story, when they were introduced once more. As it stands, though, they were too underdeveloped to really be "great" villains; compare to the Piraka, who had an entire book devoted to them.

The same applies to the Element Lords. While decent in the scenes they appeared in, they weren't much of an active threat, and had almost no impact in the plots; interesting, but not influential.

I will say, though, that overall, Greg certainly did a good job creating memorable villains. While I disagree with many of his choices, particularly in later years, I do understand them, especially in context of what was happening on the business side. Further, it's hard to try giving everyone enough development when the cast is as large as it is in Bionicle, so certain sacrifices were required as a result. In the end, though, I suppose the best part of a fandom complaining is that it means they care.

Unless those complaints are sillly.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Upvote 2

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

There was another thread recently for best NON-TERIDAX villain. It was closed and participants directed here. What was the point of that when this thread is obviously going to end up with Teridax being clear winner. The whole point of the other thread was to determine second place if you like. And there was a poll there with so many votes on too. Seems a bit odd of the mods to close it down...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

There was another thread recently for best NON-TERIDAX villain. It was closed and participants directed here. What was the point of that when this thread is obviously going to end up with Teridax being clear winner. The whole point of the other thread was to determine second place if you like. And there was a poll there with so many votes on too. Seems a bit odd of the mods to close it down...

Yes, I thought that was oblique as well, since it was clearly discussing/polling a different nuance. If you want to take issue with a topic closure, you can PM the moderator with a link to the topic and politely ask them to reopen it. Usually they will listen to you, especially if you state clearly why it should still be open. :)

Edited by fishers64

I actually didn't even see that topic until it was already closed so I'm really just noting it as a passerby. Seems very strange though as it was clearly different in job and title. I know thread closures are very popular around here but they don't usually get it flat out wrong, not sure what happened this time...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The best are, in my opinion(from best to least):

1: Teridax, he had an amazing plan and great patience

2: The Shadowed One, he put together the Dark Hunters

3: Brutaka, he managed to face of against Axonn and almost win

4: Gold-Skinned Being: He has so much power

5: Annona: Most powerful being in the storyline, but didn't have many appearances

6: Vezon: Anarchy

The same applies to the Element Lords. While decent in the scenes they appeared in, they weren't much of an active threat, and had almost no impact in the plots; interesting, but not influential.

Were the Element Lords really villans? I always thought of them having the same role as Squidward or Flanders: not exactly main villans, but still not really protagonists.

"So who are you, exactly?"

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon. I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy."

— Alternate Tarduk and Vezon, Reign of Shadows

:kaukaunu:   :kaukau: :rau: :gahlok: :smilemaku: :smilegalinu:  :smilenokama:  :smilegahlok:  :w:  :a:  :t:  :m_d:  :r: