Three BIONICLE Episodes Released

tn_12_16_14-three-bionicle-episodes.png

The first three BIONICLE 2015 episodes have been released on the Story section of BIONICLE.com. Each has a length of exactly 90 seconds and they feature epic music, humor and a cute villager kid (don't worry, he doesn't do any nonsense). The legend is only beginning and no BIONICLE fan will want to miss this. Of course, the new style may not be your thing but I suggest you still give it a chance. Personally, I hope we will get less narration and more action and spotlight of Toa besides Tahu in future episodes, but the last of these already hints that some battles are coming soon. Head over to BIONICLE.com and check it out when you can!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Yay! I actually got a news article on the front page! Even though this would have ended up there for sure, I'm happy to see it on the front page.

Also- one of the rocks looks like a Vahi in the second one. You can see it when the camera angle shifts during Tahu's arrival.

EDIT- Also, the "Bionicle" page of Bionicle.com has been updated with the Mask of Creation wallpaper.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

G2 Takua confirmed to be the little kid. 

These animations were so great. I watch shows like Teen Titans Go, Powerpuff Girls, Clone Wars, and Samurai Jack and these animations reminisce a lot from that. Not to mention the humorous timing in the dialogue and when the Fire Protector just throws off his cloak. Gah so good. 

One thing, Ekimu is constantly mentioned as being dead. Which is uh, kinda grim. But he whispered the secret and it seems that this slumber is just an intense comatose state. There is definitely something mysterious about Ekimu and Makuta. Even though they are Villager sized and just Mask Makers (or Hoarder haha) they seem to have a great deal of importance. 

Also, temple of time? GAH. The Vahi wasn't just a cloud in that first animation :) It must be that the Toa are called from the previous storyline to be in this one. I am sure no other crossovers are there, but this is a good explanation for the new story to unite new and old fans. 

Overall, this was great and the quality far exceeded that of the trailer. I look forward to many more!

• Upvote 5

On the topic of the voices and narration, can we assume that it is a Protector telling these stories to a villager, thus providing all of the voices?

Or does Gali now belong in the baritone section of the local choir?

Edited by Haxorus
  • Upvote 2

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

On the topic of the voices and narration, can we assume that it is a Protector telling these stories to a villager, this providing all of the voices?

Or does Gali now belong in the baritone section of the local choir?

It must be either a Protector or even Ekimu himself. Gali's voice made me sad.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't recall Gali talking? Just Kopaka, Tahu, the narrator, and villager.

Oops, missed a video.

Anyway, good start. Hopefully these videos finish up with the exposition so later on they can dispense with the narration and voice acting and just let the visuals tell the story.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

HYYYYYPE!!!

Ok, in all seriousness, that was indeed something. Here are some of my notes.

-Liking the way Tahu dispatched the skull spiders.

-Young villager = This generation's Takua?

-Okoto looks as awesome as ever, but we need more variety of bad guys other than spiders...

-"I didn't slip" Best comedic line since Matau's "alright, who fired the Tickle spinner"

-Still excited for 2015

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Yay! I actually got a news article on the front page! Even though this would have ended up there for sure, I'm happy to see it on the front page.

Also- one of the rocks looks like a Vahi in the second one. You can see it when the camera angle shifts during Tahu's arrival.

EDIT- Also, the "Bionicle" page of Bionicle.com has been updated with the Mask of Creation wallpaper.

Huh didn't notice that-

Have you noticed Vahi?298122417.png

WHAT!?!?!? THE VAHI IS THERE TOO!?!?!? The Vahi IS EVERYWHERE?!?!

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Now is my time to shine

iPgiXBI.jpg

I think the young Villager is the Fire Protector's son. Also, I wonder if the Vahi is in every animation...

Yeah I rewatched the origin one and he does say "My son". Even still, he was in the shadow of the head of Tahu and his wonderment makes me think maybe he will be important

It was kind of disconcerting that the Fire Protector went from frail old man to Rambo in less than two seconds.

I mean: Ooohhh, I'm a frail old man who tells stuff in legends and holds a walking stick while hunched in a tattered cloak --->> I'm Rambo, I got a missile launcher, and I'm super buff and have perfect posture. Let's rumble.

Just a funny thought XD

• Upvote 6
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Now is my time to shine

iPgiXBI.jpg

I think the young Villager is the Fire Protector's son. Also, I wonder if the Vahi is in every animation...

Yeah I rewatched the origin one and he does say "My son". Even still, he was in the shadow of the head of Tahu and his wonderment makes me think maybe he will be important

I think so too.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

There is also a COMPLETE Vahi carving in the rock in Ekimu's crater in the first episode!!! :o

• Upvote 4

~Daler

I love the animation style, and I love it they are possibly trying to link it to Gen 1. But my only issue is, the voice acting. THE VOICE ACTING. The voice actor (note the singular, big issue for me) emphasizes the words in a really strange way, and the accents for the Toa are just really weird. I dunno, I have mixed thoughts about Gen 2's storyline.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

The one thing that really bugs me about these animations is... how quickly the story's going by. I mean, the third episode ends with the Toa preparing to acquire their golden masks, then we see them do so in the commercials.

I guess this means they've won? The story's over...?

• Upvote 6

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The one thing that really bugs me about these animations is... how quickly the story's going by. I mean, the third episode ends with the Toa preparing to acquire their golden masks, then we see them do so in the commercials.

Quite the contrary. Few things indicate a lot more is to come. 

They get the masks, then they have to travel to the ancient city, then defeat whatever is there. Then they have to retrieve possibly the mask of creation. Then they have to retrieve the mask of control and ultimate power, both of which will probably have new guardian enemies. They have to wake up Ekimu, they have to wake up Makuta and fight him, they also need to do something with the temple of time and possible introduction of the vahi, officially. 

That doesn't even cover what other mysteries they uncovered like the mystery of the toa. They say in the animation that no one knows anything about them and they seem to have amnesia similar to their awakening on Mata-Nui. There's much more to be done and most of that will probably cover 3+ years. New sets being unveiled at Toyfair  in February possibly so there's a lot more going to happen by then. 

• Upvote 5

Any doubts I may have had are gone.  I love these animations.

Especially Kopaka's moment.

Well, the 2007 story didn't end the instant this promo aired.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

They get the masks, then they have to travel to the ancient city, then defeat whatever is there. Then they have to retrieve possibly the mask of creation. Then they have to retrieve the mask of control and ultimate power, both of which will probably have new guardian enemies. They have to wake up Ekimu, they have to wake up Makuta and fight him, they also need to do something with the temple of time and possible introduction of the vahi, officially. 

That doesn't even cover what other mysteries they uncovered like the mystery of the toa. They say in the animation that no one knows anything about them and they seem to have amnesia similar to their awakening on Mata-Nui. There's much more to be done and most of that will probably cover 3+ years. New sets being unveiled at Toyfair  in February possibly so there's a lot more going to happen by then. 

And let's not forget the inevitable infected Lewa episode. :P

• Upvote 9

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

VAHI.

VAHI EVERYWHERE.

MY EYEBALLS ARE MELTING WITH DELIGHT.

Okay, a few key bullet points:

• Tahu backhanding a Skull Spider, then being confused when everyone thinks it's cool.
  • Old, hunched elder throwing off his cloak to reveal Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • "I didn't slip."
  • They really need more than one voice actor.
  • BRAND NEW TOA ORIGIN MYSTERY
  • VAHI 2015 CONFIRMED

Well, that should about do it.

BUT WAIT!

THERE ARE THREE EPISODES

TRIANGLES HAVE THREE POINTS

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

BUT WAIT!!

THERE ARE SIX TOA

SIX IS TWO THREES, WHICH MEANS TWO TRIANGLES

DOUBLE ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!

BUTT WEIGHT!!!

THREE PLUS SIX EQUALS NINE

NINE IS THREE THREES

TRIPLE ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 4

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it just kinda bugs me that getting their golden masks is literally the FIRST THING the Toa do. Kinda makes me wonder why they have their normal default masks at all, and don't just wear their golden masks at the start. Simply in terms of story pacing, they may as well, since there's not really any buildup for an adventure leading up to this point.

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it just kinda bugs me that getting their golden masks is literally the FIRST THING the Toa do. Kinda makes me wonder why they have their normal default masks at all, and don't just wear their golden masks at the start. Simply in terms of story pacing, they may as well, since there's not really any buildup for an adventure leading up to this point.

The original story also started with them jumping right into their mask quest as soon as the Turaga explained who they were and what they were supposed to do. They just had more masks to seek out back then. And in any case, I think you're underestimating how quickly they will all have their golden masks. They've just started their mask quests, after all. I would not be surprised if each Toa getting their golden mask takes one or two 90-second videos, and the 30-second character videos we've seen are merely brief excerpts. We've been told that there are going to be a lot of animations.

• Upvote 4

VAHI.

VAHI EVERYWHERE.

MY EYEBALLS ARE MELTING WITH DELIGHT.

Okay, a few key bullet points:

• Tahu backhanding a Skull Spider, then being confused when everyone thinks it's cool.
  • Old, hunched elder throwing off his cloak to reveal Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • "I didn't slip."
  • They really need more than one voice actor.
  • BRAND NEW TOA ORIGIN MYSTERY
  • VAHI 2015 CONFIRMED

Well, that should about do it.

BUT WAIT!

THERE ARE THREE EPISODES

TRIANGLES HAVE THREE POINTS

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

BUT WAIT!!

THERE ARE SIX TOA

SIX IS TWO THREES, WHICH MEANS TWO TRIANGLES

DOUBLE ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!

BUTT WEIGHT!!!

THREE PLUS SIX EQUALS NINE

NINE IS THREE THREES

TRIPLE ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But wait- the Illuminati means "The Enlightened Ones!" Mask of Light confirmed!

• Upvote 5

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The original story also started with them jumping right into their mask quest as soon as the Turaga explained who they were and what they were supposed to do. They just had more masks to seek out back then. And in any case, I think you're underestimating how quickly they will all have their golden masks. They've just started their mask quests, after all. I would not be surprised if each Toa getting their golden mask takes one or two 90-second videos, and the 30-second character videos we've seen are merely brief excerpts. We've been told that there are going to be a lot of animations.

Okay, then. I guess that makes me feel better. I just didn't want them accomplishing their mission too quickly. I mean, we've gotta have SOME other material to cover in the books an' whatnot. Maybe have the Toa actually meet and talk about stuff like people do? Again, I guess we can default to the books for that, like back in the day.

• Upvote 2

WHAT!?!?!? THE VAHI IS THERE TOO!?!?!? The Vahi IS EVERYWHERE?!?!

Everything is Vahi  :P

I'm really loving these so far. The music is still amazing (particularly in the first episode. I could listen to that little clip from the Temple of Time with the pendulum in the background all day), and they got just the right balance between humor and serious story. Not caring so much for the voice acting, but it's not a game breaker. 

Now to watch these over and over while we wait for the next few...

• Upvote 3

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

That little fire villager is adorable! :D

I wish the voice acting was a bit more Milo and Otis-like, but it's not bad for what it is. The animatioins in general I really did enjoy quite a bit.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Okay, then. I guess that makes me feel better. I just didn't want them accomplishing their mission too quickly. I mean, we've gotta have SOME other material to cover in the books an' whatnot. Maybe have the Toa actually meet and talk about stuff like people do? Again, I guess we can default to the books for that, like back in the day.

It's entirely possible that the next "chapter" of the storyline after getting the golden masks will involve them meeting their teammates and learning to work together, seeing as the Prophecy of Heroes video said they'd have to be united to defeat evil, and their established weaknesses seem custom-tailored for creating tension between them.
  • Upvote 6

Honestly, I like what I'm seeing so far. Definitely different, and definitely a lot lighter in tone than even G1's first years, but that doesn't need to be a bad thing. I'm hopeful the next batch of videos will see the toa getting their own voice actors, and expand a bit on the hunt for the Golden Masks. Also, as someone said, seeing them meet up will be cool, too; reminds me of the scene from the very first comic, when Kopaka and Pohatu found the other four. (Also, this applies to the sets as well, but the villagers all having the exact same mask is kind of bugging me)

People have pointed out the villager child, the Vahi, ect. but one thing I'm kind of curious about is the pedestals the important masks are all on. And for that matter, who or what planted the Golden Masks where they did?

The world gradually fell silent, the last few shots echoing into nothingness. There was little left now but ruins, and the eight. They witnessed the whimpering death of their world, and regretfully claimed dominion over all the sorry Remnants...