Bionicle Voice Actors

With all the promotional videos being released, the big controversy has been the fact that every animation uses just one voice actor, sort of like an audiobook.

So I was wondering: if Lego was doing a series, who would you want to have be the voice actors for the Toa?

• Upvote 1

I don't know for sure, but I would still keep the narrator as the voice of Tahu, Pohatu, and the Protector of Fire. Tara Strong might make a good Gali.

Nicolas cage as Lewa :D Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I don't know for sure, but I would still keep the narrator as the voice of Tahu, Pohatu, and the Protector of Fire. Tara Strong might make a good Gali.

Nicolas cage as Lewa :D

Nicolas Cage can play any BIONICLE character flawlessly. :P

Nicolas Cage as Roodaka. :lol:

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I'd pay money to see that happen. 

Edited by Collector1

Ask, and have answered. ;)

roodaka_wos.jpg

And here are a couple others:

One

And another (this was my favorite to do  :D )

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 4

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

roodaka_wos.jpg

One

And another (this was my favorite :D )

This is hilarious.

roodaka_wos.jpg

One

And another (this was my favorite :D )

WHY CAN'T THIS BE A THING MAKE IT HAPPEN LIKE RIGHT NOW

It will be official and canon before the day is done.

Edited by Banana Gunz

"No, no, not the Nui-Rama!  Not thE NUI-RAMA! AAAAUGHBLRAAAGAGAHGAHGA!! NOT THE NUI-RAMA! AAAUGHGNBLRGHAUAGAHAHAGAAAAA!!!"

• Upvote 2

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

The guy with the really deep voice that does a lot of voice acting. He does the voice of Bulkhead in Transformers Prime and the Principle from American Dad, he would make a great Onua.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

The guy with the really deep voice that does a lot of voice acting. He does the voice of Bulkhead in Transformers Prime and the Principle from American Dad, he would make a great Onua.

Kevin Michael Richardson? Yeah, he'd be good. I really liked his work as Antauri from SRMTHFG. That same character actually kinda reminds me of Onua, personality-wise. His armor was also black for the first two seasons. Coincidence? :P Perhaps it's fate.

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I loved the voice actor when he only narrated, but now it seems sort of odd to me that he's voicing all of the characters in the online videos as well now. It probably could have been better if he stilled narrated, but made it like a storybook of some sort.

I would have to agree with this, but did you notice Kopaka's voice? It was a bit different from PoF/Tahu/The Narrator. "I didn't slip." :P
  • Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I loved the voice actor when he only narrated, but now it seems sort of odd to me that he's voicing all of the characters in the online videos as well now. It probably could have been better if he stilled narrated, but made it like a storybook of some sort.

I would have to agree with this, but did you notice Kopaka's voice? It was a bit different from PoF/Tahu/The Narrator. "I didn't slip." :P

The new narrator adds subtle inflections to each of the characters—Kopaka's voice is slightly deeper than the others, Gali's is slightly higher-pitched, etcetera. Your mileage may vary as to whether these subtle changes are enough to easily differentiate the voices of the characters, but when you listen closely there are definitely differences.

Anywho, as to which voice actors would suit which characters... not sure. I'm generally the sort of person who prefers when dedicated voice actors are cast for animated roles, and they aren't defined by any one voice but rather by the range of different voices they can provide. Dee Bradley Baker and Tabitha St. Germain are good examples of this kind of talent, but often the only way you can match an actor like that to a character is to see what exactly they bring to auditions.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The new narrator adds subtle inflections to each of the characters—Kopaka's voice is slightly deeper than the others, Gali's is slightly higher-pitched, etcetera. Your mileage may vary as to whether these subtle changes are enough to easily differentiate the voices of the characters, but when you listen closely there are definitely differences.Anywho, as to which voice actors would suit which characters... not sure. I'm generally the sort of person who prefers when dedicated voice actors are cast for animated roles, and they aren't defined by any one voice but rather by the range of different voices they can provide. Dee Bradley Baker and Tabitha St. Germain are good examples of this kind of talent, but often the only way you can match an actor like that to a character is to see what exactly they bring to auditions.
When was Gali's voice revealed? Was it in her promotional video? I did see the promo videos but without sound so I have no idea about the other toa yet as fat as voices go. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions without full understanding of the facts anyway :P Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

For some reason, I really want to see Stephen Merchant as Kopaka. Probably because the new Kopaka and Wheatley from Portal 2 have similar personalities, since they both act like they know everything but are actually really clumsy and make a lot of mistakes and stuff like that.

Kevin Michael Richardson played in ben 10 , tmnt (tv), gravity falls, ultimate spiderman, phineas and ferb, kung fu panda legends of awesomeness, mad, legends of korra, star trek into darkness, adventure time, young justice, penguins of maragascar, star wars the clone wars, and so many like hundreds of others that surprised me.

I think chris evans for Tahu, so awesome!

and who ever plays nokama for gali

lewa should be by hmm uh i don't really know who can't think of a good voice for him. Got any ideas? I would keep the others (kopaka, onua, pohatu)

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

Kevin Michael Richardson played in ben 10 , tmnt (tv), gravity falls, ultimate spiderman, phineas and ferb, kung fu panda legends of awesomeness, mad, legends of korra, star trek into darkness, adventure time, young justice, penguins of maragascar, star wars the clone wars, and so many like hundreds of others that surprised me.

lewa should be by hmm uh i don't really know who can't think of a good voice for him. Got any ideas? I would keep the others (kopaka, onua, pohatu)

Please don't give Lewa some weird dialect like Mast of Light. That was really awkward.

Please don't give Lewa some weird dialect like Mast of Light. That was really awkward.

You mean Treespeak? That was a common thing among the Le-Matoran, and part of his character. It would have been awkward if he DIDN'T talk like that.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

You mean Treespeak? That was a common thing among the Le-Matoran, and part of his character. It would have been awkward if he DIDN'T talk like that.

Yeah, but the dialogue was so badly written.

Yeah, but the dialogue was so badly written.

I actually liked it. It fit the character, as it was intended to.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Despite all the joking on Nick Cage, i think we can seriously agree on one point: he would make an amazing Lesovik.

for the prime toa:

Tahu: the guy who played him in MoL

Lewa: Chris Pratt

Kopaka: Hugh Laurie

Onua: Patrick Warburton

Pohatu: Hugh Jackman

Gali: Anna Gunn

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Did any one else notice that Pohatu had an Australian accent? 

Yeah. Part of me laughed, part of me found it very fitting given his new design.

• Upvote 1

I was kind of expecting it, since people thing boomerangs=Australia despite them having been used all over the world, but it was subtler than I expected. If the current narrator were to actually voice a character I think it should be Kopaka. I love how different it is from his G1 movie voice.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Okay so, my idea of who would be good to voice as the Toa would be:

Scott McNeil as Tahu (In my opinion I think he would be great as the main voice of Tahu)

Manu Bennett as Pohatu (becuase when I hear the voice of Pohatu in that video, I think of this guy)

Chris Pratt as Lewa

Peter Capaldi as Kopaka

I don't know someone with a big heavy voice as Onua

Tabitha St. Germain as Gali

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

How about Vin Diesel? 

I AM ONUA?

I AM ONUA!

• Upvote 2

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I don't think Vin Diesel would fit, I mainly think he fit for something else or his voice being more deep...     Unless you just do what Jayk did....         I AM ONYA

What about Brad Garrett?

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

How about Vin Diesel? 

I AM ONUA?

I AM ONUA!

would-you-like-a-baby-groot-of-your-own.

Keep 'em coming, guys. ;)

15860416488_c034fc0282.jpg

what have we done

• Upvote 3

The Lady of Shalott."              

+