Baby fire villager!

Toa Jaton

Never said he was, I just think Two-kua would be a good use for your (my) PoF set after you've upgraded Tahu.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

It's the eyes, man. It's the eyes. The little rounded mask also seems to make cheeks, so that's adorable.

HE'S JUST SO CUTE!

Oh no.

Is this going to be a new fad?

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Just watch, he'll be killed off in two or three years to kick off G2's dark-and-gritty arc.

• Upvote 3

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Just watch, he'll be killed off in two or three years to kick off G2's dark-and-gritty arc.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?! D:

I didn't say I wanted it!  Just that it's totally gonna happen... :P

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Periphery female demographic confirmed. :P

What, so guys can't call Two-Kua absolutely adorable? The character is designed to look juvenile, and therefore cute.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Wait, what?  Is he not cute anymore?  I thought he was cute.

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Extra no.

Pretty sure the person you were responding to was kidding. If you're going to keep on echoing every tiny criticism of the new Bionicle you see, you should try a little harder to discern actual criticism from sarcasm.

For the record, I'm a guy and I think the littlest villager is positively precious. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Why do you insist on antagonizing me?

Short answer? I've gotten very bitter about your contrarian approach to just about every topic imaginable. Every little development about the new Bionicle theme. Everything else Lego, as well—Elves, The Lego Movie, you name it, if I like it or even have an interest in it, you're there with an uneducated or even offensive opinion about it.

When I started to EXPECT your dissent in pretty much every discussion I joined, I suppose I may have started to target your posts for criticism. I guess I should apologize for that? But it's hard NOT to dislike someone who constantly heckles all the things I'm interested in.

Take this topic for example. It's practically the web discussion example of a TV news puff piece—something that, after a deluge of news that included one or two divisive subjects, is there so that people can agree on something cute and heartwarming. But even here, you piped up that "He's not that cute", as if anyone really wanted to hear that, and when someone else joked that only a "periphery female demographic" could appreciate it, you showed up again just to echo their post like an irritating mynah bird. That kind of thing is going to get on people's nerves, and when it happens repeatedly, and you never show anyone another side of yourself other than "the guy who dislikes everything", it can almost seem like parody.

So yeah, If you want people to stop disagreeing with you, I have two recommendations. First, if you see a topic like this that's almost solely filled with positivity, try not to be the sole negative voice in it. Secondly, maybe find something to be positive about. I mean, you said you like Star Wars in one post, right? Maybe start a new topic about the Star Wars sets from the German catalog in the Elves topic. SOMETHING that gives other people a chance to see you speaking positively about something for a change.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Periphery female demographic confirmed. :P

What, so guys can't call Two-Kua absolutely adorable? The character is designed to look juvenile, and therefore cute.

No, guys can call the cute PoF adorable if they want to. :)

Fixed. 

and when someone else joked that only a "periphery female demographic" could appreciate it, 

That was not the intent of the joke. The intent was to state that cuteness such as this attracts female periphery demographics. The :P emote was referring to the fact that it wasn't a logical statement of fact, and that I didn't have logical evidence to support it. (It also mildly refers to the fact that I'm the female periphery demographic in this case and...well, yeah. He's cute.)

I apologize for the poorly articulated comment.  

That was not the intent of the joke. The intent was to state that cuteness such as this attracts female periphery demographics. The :P emote was referring to the fact that it wasn't a logical statement of fact, and that I didn't have logical evidence to support it. (It also mildly refers to the fact that I'm the female periphery demographic in this case and...well, yeah. He's cute.)

He's really (expletive) cute. I think that's the point of the character, to be honest, as much as we can call him a character when he just stands there looking adorable.

Edited by Regitnui

He's really (expletive) cute. I think that's the point of the character, to be honest, as much as we can call him a character when he just stands there looking adorable.

I'm not denying that he's cute, or that his cuteness was the point, or that his cuteness was meant to appeal to everyone. 

I do think his eyes are too wide for his mouth, but whatever. I have cuteness immunity. I am a cold, hard, and logical curmudgeon who does not appreciate true hug-ability. I will not deny that I fail to express true appreciation for this fine character produced by Lego. It simply does not appeal to my tastes. I am sorry that this bothers you.

However, it has been my (curmudgeonly) observation that many girls do not share this taste of mine, and upon watching the animated videos, may erupt in cuteness-induced fangirl squeals. As such, he may appeal to girls. I made the foolish attempt to convey this observation in a witty manner which was worded poorly and misinterpreted. I apologize for the miswording and the confusion.

EDIT: When I said that I didn't have logical evidence to support it, I didn't mean that the character's cuteness has no logical basis, I meant the demographic didn't. I didn't take a survey of those who watched the video and asked for their gender, or surveyed the population who liked the baby PoF scientifically. The demographic is a possibility, not something that is real. 

Does that help clarify things?

Edited by fishers64

Fishers, I'm approaching it from a logical PoV as well; The character is designed to be cute. Of course the proportions are off, because juveniles' proportions are always off compared to the adult. The 'cuteness reflex' is designed to trigger for big eyes in a small face, and often juveniles' hands and feet are larger than the arms and torso would suggest. Of course, by the time the limbs catch up to the hands and feet we end up in gangly 'teenager town', where the framework is all there but shape is needed, and that's not cute, but awkward. So Two-kua hits all the 'OhmygoshlookatmeI'mababy' cues like an irresponsible Jamaican with a steel drum.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't arguing. Was I? I was agreeing and elaborating. Apologies if I came across as arguing.

Man, I didn't expect such a cute and cuddly looking guy to appear.

I want a plushie version.

Now that I'd pay for, or even kickstart. Take that over to the Arts/Crafts section and get them working on it!

• Upvote 2

I'd totally buy a plushie version.

PLUSH! *peeeeooowwww* AH-AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Savior of the Matoran Universe!

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Man, I didn't expect such a cute and cuddly looking guy to appear.

I want a plushie version.

Now that I'd pay for, or even kickstart. Take that over to the Arts/Crafts section and get them working on it!

I never thought I'd consider buying a Lego plushie toy. I never thought I'd see such an adorable character in the first episode of the Bionicle 2015 webisodes (if you don't count "The Legend") though, either.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

GUYS, I've found a way to make the baby villager! I've done it with my PoS so you should be able to make with PoF. Well

Will edit post with pics tomorrow. :)

Edited by Dalek CAAN
  • Upvote 2

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba