2015 Set Catalog Discovered

Resourceful LEGO fans made a cool discovery earlier this week. A digital catalog was found on the LEGO.com servers, showcasing a majority of the sets for the first half of 2015. Surprisingly, Bionicle doesn't get a lot of space, but there's some great pictures of the upcoming Ninjago, Legends of Chima, Elves, Marvel Age of Ultron, and Star Wars sets, plus plenty of other themes. It's definitely worth a look!

View the full article

Can't wait until we get some hi res images of the Elves sets. So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing from that line.

I posted some slightly hi-res images of the box art in this post, straight from this same digital catalog, though we'll definitely get even better images once the images for shop.LEGO.com are added to LEGO's cache. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

The lack of Vultrix's Sky Scavenger in the Chima section is really confusing.

It is strange, and just a little bit worrying, that the only place we've seen that set is on the japanese Toys R Us website....

It's probably a store exclusive. Those often don't show up in the regular consumer catalogs. The Ninjago Dojo Showdown set is missing for the same reason.

It is strange, and just a little bit worrying, that the only place we've seen that set is on the japanese Toys R Us website....

It's probably a store exclusive. Those often don't show up in the regular consumer catalogs. The Ninjago Dojo Showdown set is missing for the same reason.

Hm, yeah, it's pretty likely that it's a TRU exclusive, but I was under the impression that the three previously unseen sets were also store exclusives? Which is what confused me, since they are there. Though I'm guessing they are not actually store exclusives, but are just spring releases (which is why we hadn't seen them?) That would make perfect sense. 

AXKP5KC.png

Hm, yeah, it's pretty likely that it's a TRU exclusive, but I was under the impression that the three previously unseen sets were also store exclusives? Which is what confused me, since they are there. Though I'm guessing they are not actually store exclusives, but are just spring releases (which is why we hadn't seen them?) That would make perfect sense.

Yeah, apparently the reason we hadn't seen them is their release date. According to this catalog they're due for release in May rather than January like the other new Chima sets.

Did not know there was a Jasmine set coming in the Disney Princesses line... There's something I'll probably be getting for the fiancée.

Little surprised by the lack of space allotted to BIONICLE given the media campaigns they've been doing for it, but... well, because of those, it's not exactly an unknown resurrection needing of a ton more attention in the magazine.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Did not know there was a Jasmine set coming in the Disney Princesses line... There's something I'll probably be getting for the fiancée.

Little surprised by the lack of space allotted to BIONICLE given the media campaigns they've been doing for it, but... well, because of those, it's not exactly an unknown resurrection needing of a ton more attention in the magazine.

~|ET|~

It's worth noting that pretty much the only themes in the catalog that get more than a two-page spreads are returning themes that have multiple waves of sets to cover, including larger sets that take up a lot of page area if you want to show them in detail. None of the brand-new themes get more than a two-page spread.

So, not only is Arctic making a comeback, but now we've got what's essentially the park-ranger version of Adventurers?  CITY's really hitting the mark of late.  Those construction sets look top-notch as well.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+