Reasons why this reboot may have connections to the old story

Sure, there is the original 6 toa... but perhaps thats not the only connection

Perhaps Teridax has given them the same punishment as Mata Nui, sent them off into space with their mind and spirit intact, inside their mask, and they landed on okoto, but some of their nuva energy drained, so no longer are they nuva, but once in between Nuva and mata, thats why their forms are different, and so they crash from the sky on okoto.

That is the connection, at least in my mind, i made that connection.

Evidence?

Either way, Teridax is dead.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Nope, He apeared in the stars, for his mind slipped in to Mata nui's body right as Mata nui was being awakened, so teridax was revived, and currently rules the universe

that was in the 2008 story. Mata Nui killed Teridax in the 2010 story. he's officially, canonically dead.

(also please stop trying to tie G2 into G1 with flimsy theories, it's a hard reboot for a reason)

• Upvote 10

Well, another problem with that theory is if the travel or Teridax drains their Nuva power (if that's even possible), what happens to Tahu, who is not currently a Toa Nuva? What of their adaptive armor, which surely would have changed for Okoto? Then there's the problem of their masks not even being the same, with the Okoto masks being of their elements rather than a secondary power.

And of course, Teridax is dead, so that essentially limits the theory, unless some other powerful entity would do that, although I can't fathom who would.

As alright as the idea is, I believe it has too many holes and isn't quite strong enough to be an actual connection. Then there's also debate on whether or not G2 and G1 would ever be connected as G2 is a hard reboot to out knowledge so far. Either way, I think even with all the Vahi imagery that it doesn't necessarily mean a connection between the two storylines as much as how easy it would be for a Vahi to just exist in this universe.

Either way, it'd be much easier to use elements from the original BIONICLE in the new storyline without a connection to the previous. You avoid the complexity it adds to the storyline, and it comes out as small nods to the older or more knowledgeable BIONICLE fans. Linking the two universes isn't necessary.

• Upvote 4

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

To me, I just think this theory is flimsy. It didn't even use the Vahi images as evidence. Everything is just speculative.

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

To me, I just think this theory is flimsy. It didn't even use the Vahi images as evidence. Everything is just speculative.

I agree this theory in particular is not only flimsy but also ill-informed (looks like OP didn't follow the Bara Magna series?) but I am definitely starting to get the feeling this "reboot" is not as all-encompassing as we are led to believe.

Though, if it does end up connecting to the old line, the chances of it referring to unfinished serials are still extremely slim.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I think that there will be some type of connection to the original series because of the amount of times the Kanohi Vahi appears as a carving or formation of lava in the animations. I also think they're is some type of connection because of the hintings and focus on time. There is no doubt that these easter eggs have more of a primary purpose than just appearing as little easter eggs for fans of the original series to spot. 

Whether there turns out to be a mysterious connection to the original storyline or not, I can't wait to find out more storyline information in the next few years in this "new universe". :D

Nope, He apeared in the stars, for his mind slipped in to Mata nui's body right as Mata nui was being awakened, so teridax was revived, and currently rules the universe

Wow. Was the last time you read a Bionicle comic in 2008?

slowpoke.png

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Really? Another one of THOSE topics? Terrible... OP clearly didn't pay attention to the end of gen 1 and is now misreading the beginning of gen 2 as well!

I seriously doubt there will be ANY connection to gen 1 and really hope I'm right as it would open a whole can of worms that can never again be closed! Sure we'll see some familiar characters like the Masters and items like the Vahi but that's because they're iconic. NOT because there's some deep connection to gen 1...

• Upvote 2

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

TBH, I guess is that we'll never really get to know what the connection with the old story is, aside from the fact that the current Toa are actually the old ones transported through time. ( Of course, that's my guess atm ). I believe that it will probably never be the main focus of the story, and that's a good thing. I like that it retains to the small tidbits we're getting, these small references that allow us older fans to still see this as a continuation, but for new kids it's a complete new story.

I wouldn't really say that the Vahi is there because it's "iconic". TBH, if any mask was truly iconic to Bionicle than it was the Ignika, and perhaps the Hau. I wouldn't really consider the Vahi to be such a iconic feature that it would be brought in without any further reason. The Vahi never got that much attention as the Ignika did, I wouldn't say it's an obscure mask, but it never was  as important and iconic as the Ignika or the Hau. Besides, the Vahi gets referenced over and over again, it's kinda hard to ignore it and dismiss it as "just an easter-egg" :P

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

You guys need to stop picking on this guy. :P It's entirely possible that the Toa Nuva were sent to Okoto by Teridax, they flew through space, forgot everything (Teridax memwiped them), did all the stuff on Okoto, had their memory restored by something else, and got back to the Giant Robot in time to nearly get crushed by a pile of iron. 

Possible, but not likely.

Although why they would put the Vahi in all of the episodes is kinda silly. Although, remember the last time we met Makuta, he wanted a Mask of Time. This Makuta may be no different - and now he may have the faculties to build one himself. No need to hire a cross-wired freak this time. 

• Upvote 1

How can someone still be here and not have followed the end of the original story...

• Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Hey, it could happen. :P  Fishers is right, we shouldn't pick on him...

• Upvote 2

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Although why they would put the Vahi in all of the episodes is kinda silly. Although, remember the last time we met Makuta, he wanted a Mask of Time. This Makuta may be no different - and now he may have the faculties to build one himself. No need to hire a cross-wired freak this time. 

That, and the fact that the Vahi :

• Consisted of 6 "elements"/disks brought together.
  • Was very hard to control, even Makuta wouldn't have been able to control its full power.

It kinda feels as if there are some similarities with the new MoUP. :P

-Iben

Edited by Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

My sig quote summarizes my feelings here.

I am interested to see where they're going with this Vahi hunt. It seems plausible that the MoUP is the Vahi's equivalent in Gen2.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Time is a Legendary Element, more powerful than a normal one. Crack a Garai and you get a mask that doesn't work. Crack the Vahi and you get dinosaurs popping out of time rifts.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

And crack the the Ignika and you'll get...          wait what happen when you crack the Ignika?

You get Gadunka for one :P The Ignika crumbled and corroded in the Pit and started to leak out energy, which caused Gadunka to transform. ;)

-Iben

Edited by Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Really? The Vahi was the FIRST MASK EVER. Doesn't that make it kind of iconic? Perhaps it will have no story significance and is imply a throwback to tbe very beginning. The mask is the first thing created for Bionicle, featuring it as an easter egg may just be a way of paying homage to the genesis of the franchise! The Masters are a return to the original heroes after all, the ones who started it all...

One thing that would be in favour of the Vahi not playing a big story role (setwise at least) is that I have difficulty imagining how the half mask design would attach to the new heads...

TLDR - Vahi was the first ever kanohi. Doesn't get much more iconic than that...

Um... I hate to burst your bubble, but the Vahi was not the first Kanohi by any stretch of the imagination. It was forged by Vakama after the Great Cataclysm -- 99,000 years after Karzahni and Artakha battled over the Mask of Creation. We don't know which Kanohi was technically forged first (it could have just been an innocuous Hau), but it certainly wasn't the Vahi.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

First Kanohi made by LEGO I think he means.

• Upvote 1

First Kanohi made by LEGO I think he means.

It was certainly one of the earlier ones (it was going to be packaged with The Legend of Mata Nui, IIRC), but I don't know if it was the first one. Probably the first Kanohi was the Hau, or another Toa Mata mask. I suppose we can't know for sure.

Regardless, I realize that I'm not contributing anything to this topic by being pedantic about what was and wasn't the first Kanohi, so I'm going to stop this train of thought right here.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

The Kanohi Vahi was the first mask ever designed by The LEGO Group

• Upvote 2

Um... I hate to burst your bubble, but the Vahi was not the first Kanohi by any stretch of the imagination. It was forged by Vakama after the Great Cataclysm -- 99,000 years after Karzahni and Artakha battled over the Mask of Creation. We don't know which Kanohi was technically forged first (it could have just been an innocuous Hau), but it certainly wasn't the Vahi.

Yes it was. It... It just was...

I wonder how that huge part fly over someone head, like a obvious joke in a commercial that some random person (most likely a feminist) take it so seriously

What?

• Was very hard to control, even Makuta wouldn't have been able to control its full power.

Do we actually know this? I thought Makuta could use the mask. 

Time is a Legendary Element, more powerful than a normal one. Crack a Garai and you get a mask that doesn't work. Crack the Vahi and you get dinosaurs popping out of time rifts.

No, you get schizo time happening in a localized area. Everything happening too fast or too slow. Break it, and time is destroyed. 

However, it is technically possible that the Vahi could create a time rift, big enough for, say, an island. This rift could have sucked away some Agori from Bara Magna (or some other species we don't know about), memwiped them, and put them on the island. Then later the rift, in response to the Temple of Time, pulled in the Toa Mata.

But that seems like a patch to me still. Also, we don't know when the Toa Mata were pulled in - could have been during the 100,000 years of Mata Nui's travels, on Spherus Magna, or even in the middle of the main story somewhere.  It's too ambiguous and not really a good theory. 

I'd think that they would be referring to the first mask they made, the beginning, etc, if not for the Temple of Time. That says that there is a connection going on, even if it's only symbolic.

Really? The Vahi was the FIRST MASK EVER. Doesn't that make it kind of iconic? Perhaps it will have no story significance and is imply a throwback to tbe very beginning. The mask is the first thing created for Bionicle, featuring it as an easter egg may just be a way of paying homage to the genesis of the franchise! The Masters are a return to the original heroes after all, the ones who started it all...

One thing that would be in favour of the Vahi not playing a big story role (setwise at least) is that I have difficulty imagining how the half mask design would attach to the new heads...

TLDR - Vahi was the first ever kanohi. Doesn't get much more iconic than that...

Wow dude, easy :P My post wasn't meant to agitate you. Like I said, chances are that the connection won't be deep at all, but only there for the older fans. I wouldn't be surprised if ignoring it wouldn't change a thing in your experience of the new story. Besides, the hidden Vahis aren't the only thing. We have the Temple of Time, we have the line " evoke the power of past and future", the Toa are called timeless heroes. There are an awful lot of references to Time, so it's a bit hard to say that it's all just easter-egg material.

IMO, I don't consider the Vahi to be that iconic to Bionicle, simply because there are other elements that are way more iconic . Depending on when you joined Bionicle, you can arguably say that either the Hau or the Ignika are the most iconic masks Bionicle has. If you were there from the beginning, the Hau would be the most iconic mask. If I'd show the Hau to a few guys from my age, I'm pretty sure they would be able to say that it's something from Bionicle or at least Lego. Do the same thing with the generation of my brothers, and they'll say that the Ignika is the most iconic mask, simply because they joined in from 2006, and from then on the Ignika was the most important mask, appearing in countless storylines ( to a point where I got annoyed by the Deus Ex Ignika).

The Hau and the Ignika appeared in the story and countless other media much more often than the Vahi did, and they're more imprinted in the collective memory than the Vahi. That's what I consider to be iconic. It's even an obscure fact to most Bionicle fans that the Vahi indeed was the first mask ever made, so tbh, I wouldn't really use that as an argument to say that "it doesn't get more iconic than that", because well, we have two Kanohi that are way more iconic to Bionicle than the Vahi.

TLDR : The hinted connection will probably be vague and won't bother you. The Vahi in my opinion will never be as iconic as the Hau or the Ignika, simply due it not occurring in the story and other media as often as the others.

Do we actually know this? I thought Makuta could use the mask. 

"The Kanohi Vahi is one of the three most powerful Kanohi in the Matoran Universe, as it's incredibly difficult to fully control,even for a Makuta."

^According to Biosector01. So yeah, Makuta could have used it, but he probably would never have been able to control it completely.

-Iben

• Upvote 1

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Obviously Ekimu is the Gold Skinned being and this new storyline is the product of his power of making dreams reality, and the Toa were reminiscing of their days on Mata Nui and BAM, new story.

Sarcasm aside, I don't care if they tie G1 to G2. I am more than happy with it being a parallel universe. Though if the two are connected, I hope they dont retcon anything or have the original Teridax the new Makuta of Okoto.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

No, you get schizo time happening in a localized area. Everything happening too fast or too slow. Break it, and time is destroyed. 

However, it is technically possible that the Vahi could create a time rift, big enough for, say, an island. This rift could have sucked away some Agori from Bara Magna (or some other species we don't know about), memwiped them, and put them on the island. Then later the rift, in response to the Temple of Time, pulled in the Toa Mata.

But that seems like a patch to me still. Also, we don't know when the Toa Mata were pulled in - could have been during the 100,000 years of Mata Nui's travels, on Spherus Magna, or even in the middle of the main story somewhere.  It's too ambiguous and not really a good theory. 

I'd think that they would be referring to the first mask they made, the beginning, etc, if not for the Temple of Time. That says that there is a connection going on, even if it's only symbolic.

Give me a break. It was an example, not hardline canon. And I certainly didn't mean to imply there was a link between Gen1 and Gen2. I said that the MoUP might be the Vahi's Gen2 Equivalent, like Tahu Okoto is Tahu Mata's Gen2 equivalent, or Ekimu is our Great Spirit equivalent.