Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

xx_v3.png

Far away from any sort of other civilization, there was the island of Ilias. About the same size as Metru-Nui, Ilias was home to a prosperous kingdom that lasted unchallenged through the First Age, past the Second Age, and into the Third Age.

There, unfortunately, it saw its decline.

It began when a floating city was destroyed, although those who called Ilias home did not know it. A disease struck the King - and the King, fearing for his life, summoned outside help for the first time in the island's history, while also naming an heir.
Unfortunately for the Kingdom of Ilias, their new Prince made his bloodlust at once, ordering the mass execution of an entire village to the south of the island. The hired help, an infamous Ta-Matoran, brought forth horrific tales of some sort of "mafia". By the time the King had recovered from the decease, the Prince had ordered the deaths of over half the population of Ilias, and those left had turned against each other, hoping that they would gain the Prince's favor and be spared.
When the King recovered, he immediately ordered the Prince's death - but the Prince vanished into the shadows, and has not been since. As for the outside help, the Ta-Matoran revealed his own mental instability by burning half of the castle to the ground. While the so-called "Pyro" perished in the fire, the King (whose mental state had deteriorated), insisted that the Pyro still visited him each night.
The damage done to Ilias was irreversible. While the wreckage of a robot crash landed on a desert planet and a small group journeyed to a legendary mountain to stop evil itself from claiming an ancient relic, a plague struck the population of Ilias, killing half of those who were still left. As another King saved his village and a carnival of death opened once more, the once great Kingdom of Ilias was in shambles.

Now, only twenty-six residents remained upon the island - the King himself, the elusive Prince, and twenty-four ordinary Matoran; the most resilient of the bunch. But the King's mind has deteriorated into insanity - and should he die, the Prince awaits his chance to rule. If the citizens of Ilias are to have any chance of surviving, they must kill both the King and the Prince... while surviving themselves as well.

After all, nobody dares to disobey the King.

---

The King is dead.
Long live the King.

After the brutal death of King (Insert User Name Here), the Prince soon took to the throne. Despite the King’s insanity, the Village knew he was not out to destroy all that the Village held dear.
The Prince, on the other hand, was. After taking the throne, the Prince made it abundantly clear he would not allow his citizens to continue living. He chose the few, the few worthy of living in his eyes, to carry out the systematic murders of those who survived the King’s rampage. The survivor’s time was limited. The Prince wished for blood. There was truly no one to stop him...or was there?
Long live the King.

Rules

1. Do not reveal roles; if a role is discovered via investigation, I will reveal it in the scene.
2. Roles will have 24 hours to PM me each night; 24 hours will be given for voting each day.
3. One vote change is permitted per round - only one player can be lynched each day. In the case of a null vote, RNG will decide who is lynched. In the case of a tie vote, RNG will decide who is lynched.
4. BZP Rules Apply, of course.
5. The “Mafia” can only kill once per night.

Roles

The Prince (x1) - After the King’s death, the Prince quickly took to the throne, appointing three Villagers to destroy the Village. While he expected to gain the abilities of the King, it was not entirely so. The Prince cannot be killed until the Bodyguard dies, and his votes count for two. The Prince CANNOT be sent to kill, until the rest of his hire-es have perished. He cannot appoint a Pyro, but may, in fact, choose to investigate a player each night.

The Bodyguard (x1) - The Prince’s right-hand man. The Bodyguard protects the Prince, and will die for him if he is targeted. Can be sent to kill.

The Lackeys (x2) - The other two villagers the Prince hired, these two are nothing special, and can each be sent to kill at night.

Matoran (x15) - Just the survivors of the King’s massacre. They must vote each day to eradicate the Prince, just so they may survive.

Secret Role (x1) - A mysterious person. No one knows what they are, or how they do what they do. Truly a mystery indeed. May just be the Village's savior...or their doom. Who knows? Appears as a Matoran on investigation

Rules

1. Do not reveal roles; if a role is discovered via investigation, I will reveal it in the scene.
2. Roles will have 24 hours to PM me each night; 24 hours will be given for voting each day.
3. One vote change is permitted per round - only one player can be lynched each day. In the case of a null vote, RNG will decide who is lynched. In the case of a tie vote, RNG will decide who is lynched.
4. BZP Rules Apply, of course.

Roles

Matoran (x24) - Everyday players with the power to vote during the day. Each night, one of these players will become the Pyro, as ordered by the King.

King (x1) - The ruler of the island, who has long since had a few screws knocked loose in his mind. Each night he orders one Matoran to become the Pyro for the night; he also selects another Matoran and gives them a special power for the night. His votes count for triple during the day. He is immune to the first attack by the Pyro; afterwards, he can be killed by the Pyro.

Prince (x1) - The heir to the throne, whose bloodlust is infamous. Should the King be killed or lynched, the Prince will take over and gain the abilities of the King... although rumor has it that the Prince will run things very differently.

Pyro (x?) - Each night, on order of the King, one Matoran becomes the Pyro. The Pyro selects two targets to kill, although only one shall die (decided by RNG). A lynching will be held for the Pyro, though since the King knows who they are...

Citizen Registry
1. Taka Nuvia Nuva The Prince's first true victim, Night 7. Matoran.
2. Zakarowrowfightthepowah
3. Underscore Shock and awe, Night 3. Matoran
4. Plitrogoft Shot through the heart, and Prince is to blame, Day Three. King.
5. Man-duckus Burnt to a crisp, Night 1. Matoran
6. Element 106
7. Chro of the Flaming Arm Sliced neck arteries are lethal, Night 5. Matoran
8. Shadow(Underscore)Ignited
9. A slicing instrument A true lynching, Day Five. Lackey.
10. Toa Throw
11.111...Pulsating Kitten Fists Took a wrong turn, Night 6. Matoran.
12. Aqueous Facial Hair
13. FERDINAND Shot like an archduke, Day Six. Bodyguard.
14. Mega Gengar Reaped what they sowed, Day Four. Lackey.
15. Valendeal Tyranny ended, Day Seven. Prince.
-16. ToaD
17. Darkfalcon Critical head trauma, Day Two. Pyro.
19. Xearez Ironic spine-breaking, Night 2. Matoran.
19. Voltehks
20. Voxemote
21. Quistoves Pungent
22. Onarehks Poisoned by a lackey, Night 4. Matoran.
23. Tyler Durdan Skull caved in, Day One. Pyro.
2427135. Makuta Lureka
25. JASON
26. JAG26

Edited by 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc
  • Upvote 12

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Good to see that I have the real Spot 19

Also we'll see if I actually enjoy this one... the last time I played a game that I designed and tossed over to a different host I didn't really enjoy it that much, although that's probably partially because activity in said game dropped to zero on night two. 

I also won't have too much time to invest into this game so that shall be interesting as well

I'll take a spot.

Unfortunately, this is frustratingly similar to a game which I was working on before, which'll now have to be scrapped... weeee

If it makes you feel any better... well, no, never mind. It wouldn't make you feel any better

Yes, I know you came up with this.

Hey you know what? I should start doing the thing you do where I write game prompts and just distribute them all over the place. I have enough of 'em...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'll take a spot.

Unfortunately, this is frustratingly similar to a game which I was working on before, which'll now have to be scrapped... weeee

If it makes you feel any better... well, no, never mind. It wouldn't make you feel any better

Hey you know what? I should start doing the thing you do where I write game prompts and just distribute them all over the place. I have enough of 'em...

It works.

And before anyone asks, all I was provided with was the OP - any and all abilities, what happens when/if the Prince "comes to power"...no one aside from me knows what will happen.

It will be so fun to watch this play out.

---

Seven spots left!

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Yeah. I hadn't actually decided on exactly what the Prince would do, so that's all Ehks. He seems to have changed the King (I don't believe they gave two people powers in my version), and in the original one I made, the player selected as the Pyro automatically died during the next day scene. That latter bit would have then forcefully invoked the Curse of the Pyro, for which this game was originally named.

I'll take a spot.

I was actually going to refer to something else entirely, but realized that the connection I'd made was hardly relevant at all.

Yeah. I hadn't actually decided on exactly what the Prince would do, so that's all Ehks. He seems to have changed the King (I don't believe they gave two people powers in my version), and in the original one I made, the player selected as the Pyro automatically died during the next day scene. That latter bit would have then forcefully invoked the Curse of the Pyro, for which this game was originally named.

Come now, would it make sense for the Village to openly vote to lynch the King?

(plus it allows a buildup of pyros)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Currently I see no other way to kill the King, since you've kept their immunity to the Pyro, so yes. :P

Currently I see no other way to kill the King, since you've kept their immunity to the Pyro, so yes. :P

Actually, this makes it...much easier to find the king, if anything.

---

All added! 6 spots left.

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Spot 10 please

do pyros stay pyros? Or are they only a pyro for one night?

What kind of special powers can the king give? Are they permanant, or just one day?

-Pyro until death

-Now now now, I don't want to reveal something for the King's eyes only.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Spot 10 please

What kind of special powers can the king give? Are they permanant, or just one day?

-Pyro until death

Just thought I'd check. Can never have too many surprises. :P

Any particular reason I'm named Toa Throw?

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Spot 10 please

-Pyro until death

Just thought I'd check. Can never have too many surprises. :P

Any particular reason I'm named Toa Throw?

well chuck is a synonym to throw

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Up me sign

1. Taka Nuvia

2. Zakaro

3. Overscore

4. Plitrogoft

5. Man-duckus

6. Element 106

7. Chro of the Flaming Arm

8. Shadow(Underscore)Ignited

9. A slicing instrument

10. Toa Throw

11.111...Pulsating Kitten Fists

12. Aqueous Facial Hair

13. Otter

-16. ToaD

17. Darkfalcon

19. Xaerez

19. Voltehks

21. Quistoves Pungent

22. Onarehks

23. Tyler Durdan

2427135. Makuta Lureka

25. Bunmad

Changed my name just in honor of this game

• Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

Changed my name just in honor of this game

Amazing.

---

3 spots remain! BRING YOUR FRIENDS! BRING YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS! BRING YOUR CHILDREN!

I PROMISE THEY WILL PROBABLY DIE!

change it back to underscore now

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND