Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

Why, you uncouth heathens are terribly amusing indeed. One does not simply annex a territorie, they must take it over with diplomacie, tactics, and of course, powah. 

Therefore and in good healthe, We do proclaim and ordain ourself the Baron of Mount fightthepowah, and as such We are the Baron Zakaro-wrow, of fightthepowah, so mote it be.

Zakaro, Baron of Mount fightthepowah

• Upvote 5

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

NIGHT ONE: Oddities

The observer, or rather, the host watched as the sun set below the horizon. The night was coming. He could only watch as the sky grew dark, and three small lights flashed in front of a few houses. Ah. The King’s work.
The host smiled. The night would be bright this night, indeed.

---

Taka Nuvia awoke from her slumber to find a strange parcel on her doorstep. A box, reeking of a sickly sweet scent. She kneeled down, and opened the box. There. Inside. A needle, with a note, a note saying “Protect someone.” The King’s signature was on the bottom. She read the note, confused. Protect someone? How? Why? With what? She shook her head, and set out to her neighbor, Quisoves Pugnant. She knocked on the door, waking him up.
“Yes? How can I help you, Taka?”
She held up the note.
“Ah, so the King demands for you to protect me? He has been odd recently...but no matter. How will you do so?”
Taka shrugged. She didn’t know. “I can keep watch of you during the night.”
“Oh? You would stay here?”
“No, you would be at my home.”
“No no no, I cannot do that, my dear Taka. Someone may burn my home down! That would be odd indeed.”
Her only response was taking out the needle and jabbing Quisoves with it. He came quietly, completely unconscious. The two were safe that night, not even the barest lick of a fire touched Taka’s home, nor Quisoves.

---

A Matoran awoke to find a black, burnt box on his doorstep. The King’s work. Unsettling. The Matoran opened the parcel, and peered inside. Some matches. Lighter fluid. Lots of it. A note was written inside, signed by the King. Burn down two houses.
No one dare disobey the king.
The Matoran carried the box and materials inside to two houses, Pulse and Manducus. The houses were splashed with the fluid, and matches were set. The homes were simple wood, and lit up almost instantly. The Matoran...no, the Pyro watched in dread as the smoke drifted up into the night sky. Shuddering, the Matoran turned back, towards their house. Hopefully they both survived...

---

Toa Chuck awoke, and rolled from his bed. A zapping was heard just outside his door, and there sitting was a box. Inside, an order from the king. “Find the madman.” A magnifying glass and another note, a royal decree to tell the truth, was inside. Chuck took the box, and glanced around. He may as well go and ask Seaborgium...they seemed the most suspicious.
After a few minutes of walking, Chuck knocked on Seaborgium’s door, demanding where he was the previous night. Seaborgium said he was sleeping. Hm. Chuck held up the decree, and Seaborgium insisted he was telling the truth. No one dare disobey the King, and thus, Chuck nodded. He checked out. Seaborgium was just a normal Matoran. Chuck headed back to his home as the sun rose, only to catch sight of smoke drifting into the air, from Pulse and Manducus’ houses. He rushed over, and saw Manducus’ home was nothing but a pile of rubble. Pulse’s home still stood, amazingly. Chuck walked over to the ruins of Manducus’ home, and noticed someone standing nearby. An outsider.
“Who are you?”
“Just an observer. It appears Manducus died on the first night...pity. I do hope you’ll be able to catch the one responsible for this.”
Chuck held up the decree to tell the truth. “Did you do this?”
“I do not obey your King, but no, I did not. I am merly an observer.” The strange person smiled, and the paper began to crumble. “Don’t want you using that on more than one person...now go find the killer. The King may help.” The observer walked away, out of sight. He seemed to have just...disappeared.
Soon after, the entire village gathered. The King emerged from his throne room, to see what had occurred.
“The Pyro...they are back...”
The village was worried. Was he telling the truth? Or was he going mad?
The Pyro shuffled their feet. It was worrisome indeed...Manducus hadn’t survived the night after all. Everyone stood awkwardly there for some time, before the observer returned.
“I see you are not being productive. Shame. Must I tell you what to do? I am not supposed to interfere...but it seems I must. You must choose whom to be ehksecuted, killed, doomed to die. Whomever gets the most votes will perish...by my hand, if needed. Please, vote now.”

---

A few notes: I have a very unconventional suspect list here. No, it is not plainly laid out. However, you can easily find who is innocent in this scene alone. A note: The King cannot give a power to a Matoran he selected as the Pyro.
That is all. Good Pyro hunting, everyone! Maybe you could get the King instead! Who knows!
VOTING ENDS IN TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

Edited by Monado Boy
  • Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Looks like Pulse, Seaborgium (confirmed innocent - for now), Taka, QP, and Chuck are not guilty. Manducus was the only death.

I don't think I'm missing anyone.

edit: gah voltex

I would suspect RNG involvement in the Pyro's kill decisions, I don't think anyone's got it out for Pulse that badly

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I would suspect RNG involvement in the Pyro's kill decisions, I don't think anyone's got it out for Pulse that badly

Pyro (x?) - Each night, on order of the King, one Matoran becomes the Pyro. The Pyro selects two targets to kill, although only one shall die (decided by RNG). A lynching will be held for the Pyro, though since the King knows who they are...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Looks like Pulse, Seaborgium (confirmed innocent - for now), Taka, QP, and Chuck are not guilty. Manducus was the only death.

I don't think I'm missing anyone.

Oh yeah, totally missed Quisoves.

I think the five listed are definitely cleared of being the Pyro; that said, that doesn't mean one of them can't be the King or Prince.

As far as the Pyro's targets, RNG only decides on which one of the two dies; which means somebody thought that Pulse and Manducus were dangerous enough to die. I think it's important to note that Pulse was killed Round 1 in XVIII and in Phase 2 of XIX; it's been awhile since the games before them so I'd have to go and check to see if that streak has lasted longer. If it has, then we might want to see if anybody here has a history of wanting either Pulse or Manducus dead. :P

E: gah ninja

Edited by CHRIS PRATT

There's nobody I can think of with a particular anti-Pulse vendetta.

I can think of one or two people who I'd think would not be likely to kill Pulse, with the knowledge of his repeated early-game deaths as of late.

but their spirits

I guess for the time being it's useful to note that Seaborgium has been confirmed as innocent via investigation, which means he can't be the King or the Prince - so that's one name we can scratch off of the list for those two roles, I guess. Taka, Chuck and Pulse are merely confirmed not to be the Pyro, and Quisoves could honestly be anything since he was just protected.

Blah.

Hmm... I like this suspect list you got here. Nice and not easier like a normal one, but not as HARDCORE as no lists at all.

I don't really have anything else to add at this point. Since the last couple of times I've tryharded haven't gone so well, I'll let y'all do what you're doing for now. 

@Seaborgium: Uh. Because the scene specifically said so...?

Uh, his analysis has been based entirely on the scene that Ehks posted. It's almost wholly accurate. Except:

I guess for the time being it's useful to note that Seaborgium has been confirmed as innocent via investigation, which means he can't be the King or the Prince - so that's one name we can scratch off of the list for those two roles, I guess. Taka, Chuck and Pulse are merely confirmed not to be the Pyro, and Quisoves could honestly be anything since he was just protected.

Blah.

I'm pretty sure the King can't order themselves to do something, correct? So Taka couldn't be the King, and neither could Chuck. But either could still be the Prince.

but their spirits

I also think that the king cannot give powers to himself, so taka and I can't be the king.

But that would be hilarious. Just imagine...

"Hm, I wonder who will be the pyro for tonight - oh, I know, me! And who will protect someone? Oh look, that's me too, what a lucky coincidence! I know who is most worthy of my protection - me! :> "

E: ninja'd, BTW.

Edited by Fairy Paladin
  • Upvote 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Uh, his analysis has been based entirely on the scene that Ehks posted. It's almost wholly accurate. Except:

Blah.

I'm pretty sure the King can't order themselves to do something, correct? So Taka couldn't be the King, and neither could Chuck. But either could still be the Prince.

You're probably right. So we currently have, then:

CONFIRMED NOT KING

Seaborgium

Taka Nuvia

Toa Chuck

Whoever the Pyro is

CONFIRMED NOT PRINCE

Seaborgium

CONFIRMED NOT PYRO

Seaborgium

Taka Nuvia

Toa Chuck

Pulse

MENTIONED, NO CONFIRMATION

Quisoves Pugnat (Protected by Taka Nuvia)

• Upvote 3

I guess for the time being it's useful to note that Seaborgium has been confirmed as innocent via investigation, which means he can't be the King or the Prince - so that's one name we can scratch off of the list for those two roles, I guess. Taka, Chuck and Pulse are merely confirmed not to be the Pyro, and Quisoves could honestly be anything since he was just protected.

Blah.

You're probably right. So we currently have, then:

CONFIRMED NOT KING

Seaborgium

Taka Nuvia

Toa Chuck

Whoever the Pyro is

CONFIRMED NOT PRINCE

Seaborgium

CONFIRMED NOT PYRO

Seaborgium

Taka Nuvia

Toa Chuck

Pulse

MENTIONED, NO CONFIRMATION

Quisoves Pugnat (Protected by Taka Nuvia)

Nice list, though keep in mind the confirmed not pyro list will reset each night.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

QP is confirmed not Pyro for the night, isn't he?

I don't think so. It's entirely possible for the Medic role to protect a killer. Being protected by the Medic does not guarantee innocence; there have been games where I've seen the Medic protect a Mafioso by accident.

Nice list, though keep in mind the confirmed not pyro list will reset each night.

Yeah, that's going to become a pain in the butt real fast.

But Taka knocked out and immobilized QP. She took him away from his home, for his own protection, which lasted all night; however, the Pyro was active during the night, finding something on his own doorstep (at his own home; QP wasn't at home).

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

But Taka knocked out and immobilized QP. She took him away from his home, for his own protection, which lasted all night; however, the Pyro was active during the night, finding something on his own doorstep (at his own home; QP wasn't at home).

You need to take into account artistic license, though. It's like in XIX where I just had Voxumo and Tyler "duel" despite the fact that Voxumo had not actually been sent to kill Tyler; it just made for a better scene.