Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

Indubidudly so, but We bethinking that the Pyro looks to be one whom hath guiltieness, and as such must be inexperienced at the glorious game of Mafia. S(Underscore)I comes to Our mind, though Jagger the Twenty-Sixth and Onarehks are both mightie suspectable in our eyes.

We shallth holdth our vote for the tyme being.

Baron Zakaro of Mount fightthepowah

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

So, it would appear that the Pyro that has been brought into existence attempted to kill either Manducus, or me. That is kind of annoying. For what it's worth, I'm going to slightly annoy Manducus and say I'm glad it was he who died instead of me. 

Though in all likelihood, I'm probably still on their list of targets. Could be night 2, could be night 3, could be any night. The motivation they have, I do not know, but I do already suspect several people. Enough to reasonable state that I have no clue. because when you suspect more than five people it's not really a suspect list, is it? More of an accuse people at random list. Trying not to let grudges get in the way, but that very well may be the Pyro's reasoning. Who would attempt to kill Manducus and me? Someone with reasons for both? I'd assume so, but this is Mafia - sometimes reasons and logic don't play into it and they just happened to randomly select their victims.

...and what of the King? He is responsible for the Pyro, he chose them. That would make me think that the pyro is someone with connections to the King. But then again, the King may be aware of that and picking people unrelated to them. There is also the Prince, and once the King's out of the picture we've gotta be wary of him, since the Prince is reportedly more dangerous and destructive with that infamous bloodlust. At least, that's what I take of the Prince. I'd imagine the King and the Prince know each other, probably? It would be a very unusual situation indeed of the King did not know his own heir, or if the prince who never knew his parent. Both the King and the Prince have  a lot of power, moreso the King than the prince at the moment. Frankly, that makes me nervous, especially if the King and/or Prince are experienced and seasoned players. They'd know exactly who'd make the best Pyro. When the Pyros.. Pyrii... Pyromaniacs start accumulating, you better believe it's going to get incredibly dangerous. 

I could be overestimating the effectiveness of our royalty, but I don't want to underestimate them. Underestimation of an enemy is probably far worse than overestimation. Underestimating the bad guy is pretty much how to lose in five seconds.  I'm especially frightened if  the King happens to be Voltex or Burnmad or Blade. 

Anyway. I'm not going to vote just yet. But keep in mind that the King's vote counts for THREE. He also knows who the Pyro is. Is there correspondence between a Pyro and the King? Because this is going to get very dangerous very quickly if so. Can't afford to make a mistake.

Well, that's all I have to say right now.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Vote in a normal lynching? I'm sure they probably could but I don't see why they would do that.

But Taka knocked out and immobilized QP. She took him away from his home, for his own protection, which lasted all night; however, the Pyro was active during the night, finding something on his own doorstep (at his own home; QP wasn't at home).

You need to take into account artistic license, though. It's like in XIX where I just had Voxumo and Tyler "duel" despite the fact that Voxumo had not actually been sent to kill Tyler; it just made for a better scene.

In XIX you had separate lists determining innocence, but in this game Ehks is only giving suspects via the scenes, so his artistic license is limited. I suspect that if QP was guilty Ehks would not have used wording as explicit as he did and we'd be none the wiser.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ehks, before we go any further in this line of thought, can the King give himself powers? :P

that would be stupid

why would i do that

Can the king vote for themself?

that would be stupid of them but yes they can

Vote in a normal lynching? I'm sure they probably could but I don't see why they would do that.

But Taka knocked out and immobilized QP. She took him away from his home, for his own protection, which lasted all night; however, the Pyro was active during the night, finding something on his own doorstep (at his own home; QP wasn't at home).

You need to take into account artistic license, though. It's like in XIX where I just had Voxumo and Tyler "duel" despite the fact that Voxumo had not actually been sent to kill Tyler; it just made for a better scene.
In XIX you had separate lists determining innocence, but in this game Ehks is only giving suspects via the scenes, so his artistic license is limited. I suspect that if QP was guilty Ehks would not have used wording as explicit as he did and we'd be none the wiser.

You are correct - it is artistic license. Besides...

Who says it's only a Medic role? :>

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Manducus is dead! :)

Hurrah! The deranged matoran is no more!

Deranged? I think you mean "Saint."

I gladly took Pulse Punching Kittens place and died in his stead.

Even though I'm inevitably dead (probably best if I was because I probably won't be paying much attention to this game for the next 2 weeks), I shall observe from Valhalla.

Edited by Councilor Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Oh yeah votes

SUSPECTS FOR THE ARSON OF MANDUCUS' HOME

Quisoves Pugnat-1

---

Also going to say I did indeed slip a hint about who it could be, but it could be considered...incredibly obtuse. Eh. One word hints are the best kind. Especially when it's incredibly obvious in hindsight.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

He responded to my post saying "you are correct" to tell you that you were correct... c'mon Ehks

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that neither Voltex nor myself stated that we thought it was a Medic role, so

but their spirits

A Matoran awoke to find a black, burnt box on his doorstep. The King’s work. Unsettling. The Matoran opened the parcel, and peered inside. A match. Lighter fluid. Lots of it. A note was written inside, signed by the King. Burn down two houses.

No one dare disobey the king.

The Matoran carried the box and materials inside to two houses, Pulse and Manducus. The houses were splashed with the fluid, and matches were set. The homes were simple wood, and lit up almost instantly. The Matoran...no, the Pyro watched in dread as the smoke drifted up into the night sky. Shuddering, the Matoran turned back, towards their house. Hopefully they both survived...

Chuck headed back to his home as the sun rose, only to catch sight of smoke drifting into the air, from Pulse and Manducus’ houses. He rushed over, and saw Manducus’ home was nothing but a pile of rubble. Pulse’s home still stood, amazingly.

I've cut the scene down to what I think is probably the most important content regarding the identity of the first Pyro...

The bolded words are ones that stood out to me on my initial reexamination.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was said twice? Let me look again, then...

Smoke drifting into the air was mentioned twice. Drifting... Tyler?

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I hope we can all agree that fire clues are going to be way too obvious for Burnmad, SI, or myself... when you're dealing with the Pyro, an innately fire-themed character, you can't hide clues in the words "burn" or "flame" etc.

but their spirits

I hope we can all agree that fire clues are going to be way too obvious for Burnmad, SI, or myself... when you're dealing with the Pyro, an innately fire-themed character, you can't hide clues in the words "burn" or "flame" etc.

Yeah, I'm just going to outright say any clues relating to Burn will not be fire related

i hated that clue in XIX and i'm not going to do that again.

---

Quisoves Pugnat-1

Valendale-1

Burnmad-1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I don't think Tyler actually voted for Burnmad, he just mentioned him. (Likewise, I didn't vote for Tyler yet.)

If I see no better suggestions regarding the "drifting smoke" clue I am very tempted to vote for Tyler.

but their spirits

"The King's work" appears twice as well, but I can't tell who that would implicate.
"Parcel" appears twice but I think that's just because Ehks doesn't want to say "box" eight times in one scene.

"Hope" and "hopefully" are both in the scene once each but I also can't see that indicating a specific player.

but their spirits

*grabs excuse*

*holds on tight*

yeah chro that's an excellent theory drifting smoke must be drifter must be tyler

yeah seriously guys that's definitely the answer let's lynch him right speedily

voting ye olde tyler durdan

If this isn't a suspicious sounding post, I dunno what is.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

When the Pyro opened the box there was one match, then he lit multiple matches to burn down the houses. Probably artistic license, or a mistake, but it could mean that the Pyro is someone who would be carrying matches on them anyway. (Again, I have no idea who that'd be. But it's possibly a clue.)

but their spirits

Probably artistic license, or a mistake

My s key sometimes doesn't like to work, and I don't catch it.

s and g keys, that is. Both mess up and I have to hit them a bit harder than my other keys to get them to work. I'll fix that, since it actually was a mistake.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Quisoves Pugnat-1

Valendale-1

Tyler Durden-2

Xaeraz-2

Friendly reminder that only one person can die each day! RNG will determine who dies!

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

No, see, here's the thing. If I was the king in a situation like this, I would be at four votes, not two. Not publicly, but it would still count. Hence it makes no sense for me to vote for myself.

Therefore, you can trust that I am not the king.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun