Bionicle Mask Of Light: A Set Of Random Insights (By Me)

fishers64

Bionicle Mask of Light

• Main Character: Takua There is an obvious element to this, but while Jaller was introduced first, it is Takua’s name he is calling. When Jaller and Takua separate, the camera follows Takua.
  •  
  • Secondary Major Character: Jaller

Even though he’s dead for a major part of the film, and absent for a segment, he is a major influence on Takua and other characters.

•  
  • Major Theme of the Film: “Remember who you are! Remember your destiny!” This film emphasizes identity more than any other concept, with vignettes showcasing each Toa’s unique identity, and the end with Takua recognizing his own identity. There’s actually an entire group identity rediscovered at the end of the film – that all the characters in the film(except for the Toa Nuva) are actually displaced denizens of an island city.Story: The Very First scene:
    •  
    • Is the biggest foreshadowing of the end of Bionicle, and yet it is so easily dismissed by the most avid fans, who had heard the “Legend of Mata Nui” and/or read the thing countless times before this film ever existed.
    • The first thing you see is the Amaja Circle, a huge sand pit, with brown pillars surrounding it that are just glanced over by the camera. Look familiar? It looks like Bara Magna. If the surroundings are Bara Magna and Mata Nui is on Bara Magna and the six villages divide off of Mata Nui…it tells you that the Matoran are inside the Great Spirit and will come out into Bara Magna. The camera places the citizens of the island of Mata Nui as observers, which they are on Aqua Magna. Even Makuta comes in from the sky of Bara Magna to take on Mata Nui…so close, and yet so far!
    • Further, everything Vakama says in that scene is absolutely true, we just don’t know how it is yet. That scene cloaks the truth about Mata Nui and Makuta in a thin layer of confusion, just so we can’t see was really is any more than the Matoran can.

•  
    • Second Scene: The Lava Breaks: When Takua first finds the mask, the mask glows with light, and Takua, bending forward to read this language, which he obviously has seen before, almost puts on the mask, like he is drawn to it. Only Jaller’s remark about imminent danger stops him, and when he throws the mask to Jaller, the light of the mask abruptly dies.
    • All three of the first trilogy of Bionicle movies begin with a fall, a literal one. In this case it is Takua falling, and is saved by the fact that he is falling with the Great Toa Tahu, who stops and redirects his fall. How Takua stops falling is important – he will only achieve his goals in the film by riding on the backs of others, like the Toa and Jaller. Jaller observes…and he is the one who has the most doubt about Takua and his identity, and who believes Takua is dead after his fall. The “you could have been________bones” lines are actual tie-togethers of Jaller’s doubts. You survived that fall; You survived Makuta; that irresponsible Matoran who I didn’t think could do anything that great.
    • Remember this: The enemy of self discovery is doubt, the enemy of self – confidence is circumstance, and the enemy of leadership is tyranny. The “observers” of each of the three falls represent these three failings.

•  
    • Also, the movie Mask of Light is actually two stories in one: Takua’s journey to find himself and Toa Nuva vs. Rakashi. It is actually Tahu who falls in the first scene; and Tahu is correspondingly beat up the entire movie. He does come out of it, however. It’s also one of the few times Mask powers are used in the film, and it is by far the most noticeable, with most uses rather implicit and not stated.

The Kolhii Match

•  
    • First of all, we must acknowledge that Ga-Koro owns all. They win the Kolhii match, Gali runs to the rescue of Tahu’s village, Gali heals Tahu after he has been poisoned, Gali implicitly tells Kopaka to go rescue Onua and Pohatu, and Gali and Hali see the Ta-Matoran to safety after the Rahkshi attack. Not to mention the awesome speech Hali gets to make at the end. This makes up for the fact that we never see Ga-Koro or Ga-Wahi in the film. Not that anybody cares, since we have seen it in two online games and one set of animations. However, if not for the fact that Vakama says it at the beginning and Hali at the end, we would have never known that the setting was an island.

•  
    • The Kolhii match occurs both at the beginning and the end of the film, the first time with Takua losing, and the second time with him winning; this pattern is repeated in Legends of Metru Nui with the “Sea of Protodermis”.

•  
    • Po-Koro is actually the most overlooked village in the film. There’s a small argument that Jaller might be in Po-Wahi when Takua finds him, but that is meaningless. And Pohatu doesn’t really get too much of a show here, and that scene with the Rahkshi down in Onu-Koro was a not-really-that-great.

•  
    • Also, when the Mask of Light comes out of Jaller’s pack, the Mask is just a piece of dim protodermis until it gets thrown about, but when the Mask throws all its light on Jaller, it is on Takua’s foot. And then Tahu the bold buffoon jumps to the wrong-right conclusion. Jaller does find the seventh Toa; but it was the seventh Toa who threw all the light on Jaller in the first place!
    • Two short male characters set out on a mission regarding a golden object. Sounds a bit like MoL and LotR. Sadly, some people missed a few things.

T&J leaving, Gali Nuva Meditation scene to Destruction of Tahu Koro. (And yes, I did mean Tahu Koro)

•  
    • “Do not take your journey lightly” Bad joke, Vakama. By the way, when Takua fails to “walk in the light” is when he gets in the most trouble (Onu-Koro, dark cave).
    • The scene with the Rahkshi involves Makuta passing his hand into glass pillars (intangibility powers) while he says “…their destiny I must shatter.” Piece of irony that is actually those glass pillars that shatter later.
    • Then is Gali’s vignette scene where her identity is revealed. The meditation “floating” is either the strength of Gali’s thoughts, bad animation, or a Mask of Levitation. Remember, the Toa Mata/Nuva could have multiple masks in one; this was before it was declared that Toa could only use one Mask at a time, so I’m tempted to go with the latter. This scene is probably the ultimate picture of beauty ruined by the Rahkshi. The first showdown with the Rahkshi is at Kini-Nui, and so is the last, and both occur after Gali meditates. Talk about a pattern.
    • This is also the film with the most gymnastics done by the Toa (Wos probably comes in second. Maybe.).
    • “The Toa of Water approaches! The Toa of Water-“

“Is here. Sound the alarm.”

•  
    • Meanwhile, while Gali was doing great things, Tahu flips into the scene, annoyed at having been awakened from his nap.

•  
    • After Nokama says “Rahkshi”, Vakama adds his addendum to her statement to keep all the Matoran in line with his crazy tale of reality he has spun. “If I don’t add this additional comment, the Matoran might think we’re crazy!”

•  
    • Tahu makes a stupendously bold proclamation that is immediately proven wrong. The Ta-Matoran have to be bailed out by Gali, who has to be bailed out by Tahu.

Ko-Area.

•  
    • Second, we must acknowledge that Kopaka owns the world, having defeated three Rahkshi on his own, where the rest of the Toa pretty much get stomped by them. He bails Tahu and Gali out in Onu-Koro, as well as Onua and Pohatu.

•  
    • Yes, Jaller, the real herald has the mask. The next segment of the movie is a fight over who’s the herald, which is pretty stupid since Jaller really is the Herald, but Takua is actually the Toa, which is better than the Herald.

•  
    • “I’ll find the seventh toa whether you are the true herald or not.” Not. Except the person he is supposed to find is the one who is leaving him, angry and quitting. Note that Makuta attacks Takua, not Jaller. He wants to discourage Takua so he doesn’t become what he should. He doesn’t care about Jaller at all.
    • There is something about the scene between Pohatu and Onua in that scene when they first meet the Rahkshi. Some people have claimed that it beats up on Pohatu for a reason that I cannot remember. It does, however, obviously chew on Onua, characterizing him as an overpowered buffoon, which is not only insulting, it is inaccurate.
    • For a film that focuses on identity, it is highly intolerant of some people’s identities. If you aren’t Gali, Kopaka, or Hali, Jaller, or Takua, you don’t have a place in this film.
    • “Kopaka, do you think the Turaga are right about us? Have we lost our unity?” Kopaka thinks, We have. Pohatu and Onua aren’t here…and then he goes and rescues them. At least, that is how I picture it. You can tell this is a kid’s movie.
    • The Mask of Light was never at Onu-Koro, but the only person who could be killed and, in doing so, stop the creation of the seventh Toa was.
    • “Mata Nui, where does my destiny lie?” Cue earthquake. Cue massive earthquake and Giant Robot Face comes out of island. It is part of the destiny of everyone on the island. The other thing, Mata Nui is actually below, so an earthquake makes some sense. It also forshadow’s Jaller’s death and getting back his life thru Takua’s actions at the end. It is Takua who gets him out of precarious position; it is Takanuva who brings him back from the dead.

Kini-Nui

•  
    • Since I’m already stating the obvious, the “we will not be broken” is actually a use of shared mask of shielding.
    • How in the world did Pohatu get his climbing claws back in all that mess? He must have had a spare set. Which begs the question of why Lewa wasn’t carrying a spare when he was fighting the Piraka later. Poor planning skills?
    • How is it that a blast of fear can cripple Pohatu, but on Takua wear off pretty quick?

Makuta’s Lair

•  
    • The UDD symbol made of Energized protodermis. Do I even need to mention EP’s connection to the three pieces of rock the UDD symbol represents? No, I do not.
    • “Let’s take a closer look behind that mask.” Masks and identity again.
    • I’m going to take a rudimentary guess and say that the giant door is actually an emergency escape hatch for Mata Nui’s body, which explains how the inhabitants of Metru Nui were later able to escape to Spherus Magna so quickly.
    • The End (of the first movie)

•  
Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Excellent work on the in-depth analysis! Some of these things I haven't even thought about thinking about!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

This shows how, overall, the movie wasn't very well written and how much more it could have been improved.If I had to change some things, I would have made Onua barely lose after more of a fight, and I would have made Jaller dead the second he touched the Rahkshi's staff, and not go through the stupid, "You know who you are." segment. I also would have made Makuta much more evil. MoL made him out to be a bully who just needed a hug.

A very unoriginal plot, if you ask me. There have been thousands of “Young people go on adventures to find stuff” movies. And this one is most certainly not the best. Takua drops a rock into lava (clumsy oaf.) Somehow, a mask is in it. Takua just happened to stumble upon a mask that has the power to save the island of Mata Nui, right when they have had peace for nearly a month (I think it was a month.) And, somehow, the mask is unharmed by the lava. He hands the mask to Jaller, then gets attacked by a mutant tidal wave (of lava.)By some extreme coincidence, Tahu Nuva happens to be there, just in time to save Takua.Jaller and Takua then go to a sporting event, and get their butts kicked by a couple of hot babes. By some miracle, Hahli (who has never played Koli in her life) is able to not only beat the Captain of the Guard and the Chronicler, but also the Koli champion. It’s very realistic! Takua also tries a new move, and lands flat on his back.Then the Turaga discover the mask, and read what it says on the back:TechnicOrganicAppsOne DestinyThat doesn’t even make sense. And somehow, from just that, Nokama is able to determine that this is the mask of Light, the Avohkii. And, of course, the irresponsible Takua sticks the job of finding the Toa of Light on someone else’s shoulders. It never occurs to the Turaga that some dark force may try to stop the arrival of the seventh Toa, so they send the Matoran off alone.The big bad, Makuta, talks to himself about the Toa of Light, then sends monsters after the Matoran.The Matoran get lost in a jungle, while the Toa get attacked by the Rahkshi. They have such difficult names to pronounce (and spell), so no character says a Rahkshi name in the film. That ruins Makuta’s first plan, which was to have his enemies choke to death trying to pronounce a Rahkshi’s name.Somehow, a single Rahkshi bolt is able to pierce the shield made by the Hau Nuva. It seems that that mask always fails to block attacks in battle.The Toa evacuate the Matoran from Ta-Koro, and surprisingly, no one is dead (although Tahu is poisoned.) And, for no apparent reason, Ta-Koro sinks into the lava.After flying with a psychotic hippie, Jaller and Takua make it to Ko-Koro. They get lost in a blizzard, and bump into giant plastic Bohrok, who aren’t even animated. Kopaka saves them, and manages to defeat 3 Rahkshi on his own.Makuta then talks to himself again (the guy needs counseling) and sends out 3 more Rahkshi.Jaller and Takua get lost underground, and Makuta scares Takua. Takua quits, without telling Jaller that Makuta is going to kill him.Takua goes under ground, where Onua and Pohatu meet him. The Rahkshi attack, and somehow, Gali, Tahu, Lewa and Kopaka are suddenly there with them. Tahu lets his anger issues get the better of him, and attacks Gali (that’s no way to get a date, Tahu! You need counseling!) Lewa and Kopaka vanish, as one Rahkshi sucks the life out of Onua (but he lives.) Pohatu sees this happening, then calls out a dramatic “ONUA!” then runs to the Rahkshi. In slow motion. That’s right! The Toa with the mask of speed runs in SLOW MOTION! Takua realizes that he shouldn’t have broken up with Jaller and runs to find him.Meanwhile, Jaller is hanging off a cliff. By some miracle (this movie is full of them), Takua finds him and pulls him up.Gali gives Tahu a bath, and he calms down.Jaller and Takua make it to the great temple, and then get attacked by all 6 Rahkshi. Jaller pulls out a knife (which is certain to help them against the Makuta’s sons) and the six Toa arrive. Tahu creates a shield, and, even though one Rahkshi could break through it earlier in the movie, the six Rahkshi combined cannot. The Toa and Rahkshi then take turns attacking (because the American revolution proved that fighting like gentlemen is the way to win) and defeat all but one of the Rahkshi. That one tries to kill Takua, but instead Jaller dies. For some reason, Takua puts on the Avohkii, and somehow become a Toa of Light. He gains a heroic voice, and then renames himself. And he somehow kills the red Rahkshi. I’m not sure why Jaller died, seeing as he only grabbed a staff. Possibly Jaller died saying “Takua, look out! It’s Turahk!” and chocked to death.The Toa build a car, and one of those hot Koli players is instantly attracted to it. She stows away on it.Takanuva decides to fight Makuta alone, ignoring the 3 Virtues. Makuta challenges him to a Koli match (because all evil villains set on world domination play sports with the guy who wants to kill them.) Hahli gives a speech, almost as moving as MLK Jr.’s I have a Dream, and the entire population of the island goes to Makuta’s lair. Takanuva preforms the new move he did earlier in the film (a perfect Disney climax, in my opinion), and sends good ol’ Terry flying across the room. Makuta somehow lives, and he hugs Takanuva. The two of them fall into a silver pool, and fuse together. They open a door, and everyone runs through. Remember, lots of Matoran run through the door. They stop Hahli, who is holding Jaller’s mask. They bring him back (Disney, again) and then Takutanuva becomes crushed by the door. Takanuva dies, but Vakama brings him back. We most certainly know Disney had nothing to do with this.And only two Matoran (Jaller and Hahli) are seen at this point in the film, leaving me to wonder if all the others died when Makuta knocked down the ceiling.And the door fell down, meaning Vakama and the survivors are now trapped in that chamber. What a happy ending.Well, it could have been worse. The original idea was for a Human to become Takanuva.Wow. Your review is much more thought out than mine.

Edited by The Beninator

@ Beminator: You review is much more hilarious than mine. That counts for something. Which reminds me, what happened to the Official Review Topics?Maybe we don't need those any more. Let's hope. I would hate to set this topic closed and burned.

We really don't need the official review topics any more. Most people who are going to see the films have already seen them. Edited by The Beninator

Beninator, several flaws in your hate case:If you've ever played MNOLGII, you would've known Hahli had been practicing for quite a while and had gotten quite good at Kohli. The characters on the back of the Avohkii were likely supposed to be an Easter egg, Nokama knew it was the Avohkii because of this: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/The_Search_for_the_Mask_of_Light.It's explained the Bohrok didn't move because they were frozen, Vakama and the others were on the Metru Nui side of the Door along with everybody else and IIRC they found another way through (This may have been explained in Legacy of Evil, don't remember).So yeah, 20% of your argument is invalid. :P

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

"I’m going to take a rudimentary guess and say that the giant door is actually an emergency escape hatch for Mata Nui’s body, which explains how the inhabitants of Metru Nui were later able to escape to Spherus Magna so quickly."I could have sworn that a serial or something mentioned that someone alerted the residence, and a mass migration began, where everyone traveled 'south' to the feet of the robot. That's how they escaped. If they planned to escape through the 'hatch' you mention, they'd all have died from Mata Nui's head being smashed into oblivion.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Beninator, several flaws in your hate case:If you've ever played MNOLGII, you would've known Hahli had been practicing for quite a while and had gotten quite good at Kohli. The characters on the back of the Avohkii were likely supposed to be an Easter egg, Nokama knew it was the Avohkii because of this: http://biosector01.c...e_Mask_of_Light.It's explained the Bohrok didn't move because they were frozen, Vakama and the others were on the Metru Nui side of the Door along with everybody else and IIRC they found another way through (This may have been explained in Legacy of Evil, don't remember).So yeah, 20% of your argument is invalid. :P

None of these arguments work because when is any of it explained in the movie? Having to do research on a film before seeing it is sloppy movie making at its finest.

Excellent analysis, people misjudge this film because of it's simply plot and off characters. In many ways it's strength is in it's simplicity, and it captures the mood of Bionicle very well. Also, unlike the most recent film TLR this one manages to go full circle. I am much less fond of the ending of that film over this one, since it very elequently shows Takua's transformation. I'm happy I'm not the only one who noticed that! (though it's pretty obvious...)Never really thought about the falling at the begginings in context of the rest of the films, excellent spot!

http://paranickfilmz.co.nr/ <----- Watch the Dark Knight Rises Trailer in LEGO!

I think you're over-thinking some of this a little. Lego made this movie to sell toys.What I don't get is why (disregarding how) Takanuva blasts the giant Mata Nui head into a giant Takua head. Was he feeling that conceited today?

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

This is an incredible analysis.I loved Bionicle Mask of Light, but yeah, there could be improvements. First off, it could simply be longer, allowing for more action and developement (for example, Pohatu and Gurahk NEVER do anything useful). Someone mentioned the plot hole of Panrahk's blast knocking through the Hau in Ta-Koro but not in Kini-Nui. I think the shield still blocked Panrahk's blast (otherwise Tahu would be dead), but the impact still knocked him back. In Kini-Nui, the Toa are all linked, so they are able to absorb the shock of even the combined Rahkshi powers.

Very nice review, both of you. The first was serious and interesting to think about, especially regarding the Amaja Sand Pit story, and the second was laugh-out-loud hilarious! MoL was one of those movies that was amazing to me as a 12-year-old kid excited to see BIONICLE as a movie, but really didn't age well, unlike the other two of the trilogy, which are both still enjoyable to watch even now, years later. I hope you do a review/analysis like this for the others, as well.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Nice analysis, I however, doubt the team was so forward-thinking as to do all the above. Keep in mind this was a direct-to-CD production, not even screened in cinemas.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Wow, this reminds me of my GCSE coursework, except your interpretting MOL instead of Shakespeare.I have a theory on the blasts of fear that hit Pohatu and Takua. Seems to me that what counters fear isn't necessarily the power and strength of the being, but their courage. I'm not saying Pohatu is a coward, but Takua has probably proved himself to be braver on a number of occasions.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

A very well thought out story. There is just one thing that confuses me until this day. The Hau Jaller wore was originally Lhikan's, so how come Jaller was the one who was reborn? I'm sure there was a logical explanation to this or GregF already responded to a similar question, but I just need to know that tiny bit of info.

Jaller had worn the mask for a thousand years. A small fraction of his life force was put into it in that time, I am sure.

Personally, I think that both reviews are a bit unfair. The first one, IMO, digs way too deep into and imprints meaning and subtle messages that I'm sure aren't really intended. That animation at the beginning was the Bionicle intro animation for years, and I don't think it had anything to do with the 2009-10 story arc. Some of the other story elements are also a little embelished, especially considering the target audience of the film.Beninator's review is hilarious. However, I think it was a bit harsh. For one, coincidences (or "miracles" as you call them) happen all the time in everyday life. I'm sure if you ask any married couple, they would tell you how they met, and it was probably a chance encounter. "He just bumped into her at the train station and started talking? That's such an obvious plot device!" Furthermore, a movie without a coincidence is a movie without much of a plot, not to mention dramatic timing. Also remember that the sole purpose of the move was basically Bionicle fan self-gradification. A lot of the terms and actions and such would be known to the audience, and thus do not greatly detract from the picture.Still, both reviews contain an element of truth. I do find it interesting that Takua basically rode his way forward on the backs of others (classic case of failing upward, as it were), and that Ga-People and Kopaka own. I didn't really notice that when I watched the film (but that has been some time ago, I probably should rewatch it). On the other side, I think it's pretty clear that MoL is a kids movie, and suffers for it. Obvious plot devices and clince's abound. Overall, I enjoyed reading both, though.-don't touch my pocket protectorPS: Bonus points if you found it ironic how I was reviewing reviews ;).

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Nice analysis, I however, doubt the team was so forward-thinking as to do all the above. Keep in mind this was a direct-to-CD production, not even screened in cinemas.

You are forgetting that this whole thing was the one movie overseen by Bob Thompson, the guy who invented Bionicle. He probably wanted to insert some foreshadowing in there so people would look back and say "Oh!".

I think you're over-thinking some of this a little. Lego made this movie to sell toys.What I don't get is why (disregarding how) Takanuva blasts the giant Mata Nui head into a giant Takua head. Was he feeling that conceited today?

I don't think it was a giant Mata Nui head...and I think the Takua head was concealed inside the rock, it was his light that revealed that hidden message, thus being consistent with the theme.

A lot of this is a bit far-fetched. Most of it is looking at mistakes as hidden messages, while the rest is just coincidence. However, I like your observation of the UDD symbol in energized protodermis.

See my response to the first quote. And Toa of Nerds, that is exactly my point. That intro animation was foreshadowing, but most of us would just skip over it for precisely th e reason you stated.

• 3 weeks later...

You are forgetting that this whole thing was the one movie overseen by Bob Thompson, the guy who invented Bionicle. He probably wanted to insert some foreshadowing in there so people would look back and say "Oh!".

I don't think it was a giant Mata Nui head...and I think the Takua head was concealed inside the rock, it was his light that revealed that hidden message, thus being consistent with the theme.

A lot of this is a bit far-fetched. Most of it is looking at mistakes as hidden messages, while the rest is just coincidence. However, I like your observation of the UDD symbol in energized protodermis.

See my response to the first quote.And Toa of Nerds, that is exactly my point. That intro animation was foreshadowing, but most of us would just skip over it for precisely th e reason you stated.
Wow, that must have been some crazy light effect to make a mata head look like a Pakari. Not too much of a resemblance.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Random insight: this movie sucked. :PReally, I'm all for trying to gleam deeper insight into Bionicle out of MoL, but whatever foreshadowings might be found still can't erase the fact that this movie couldn't even hope to capture everything that made Bionicle so cool.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

You definitely write thorough reviews - ever thought of being a critic? =PThis movie wasn't too bad, I wasn't a fan of all the Bionicle movies, maybe except for the second movie. Still, good read into the movie, you make good points, especially the thing with Bara Magna and Aqua Magna. Interesting theories/points you have here, Fisher.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

You definitely write thorough reviews - ever thought of being a critic? =PThis movie wasn't too bad, I wasn't a fan of all the Bionicle movies, maybe except for the second movie. Still, good read into the movie, you make good points, especially the thing with Bara Magna and Aqua Magna. Interesting theories/points you have here, Fisher.

I actually used to do a lot of reviews in the Short Stories forum before the forums went down, but I don't have the time to do that now, and it is somewhat long and tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that this has not already been stated, but I noticed something. In the Onu-Koro scene, when Takua grabs the Kohlii staff, a beam of light eminates from his hand and hits the staff. Av-Matoran do have a measure of light powers, after all.Oh, and I noticed another LotR parallel. The One Ring and the MoL both are intelligent.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Meh, tthe only thing of any importance regarding MoL is "He's a Big machine! (Which I discovered thank you very much yes I am better than you)"*Re-readsOh, that makes more sense. I see.

It's actually 'He's a giant robot!'. :sly:And that analysis is very in-depth.And pointing out the fact that Tahu gets everything wrong made perfect sense. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill