Gali - Master of Water

Aanchir

16019429286_fbd3f43ceb_z.jpg

flickr | deviantART

My favorite of the new BIONICLE 2015 sets! The drawing is sloppy, but I was more focused on trying to enjoy drawing again than on agonizing over my craft. I'm still happy with the final drawing, and pleased to have drawn something decent for the first time in months.

If you want to see the set I based this on in detail, I've written a review right here on The New Elementary! This is easily my favorite version of Gali to date!
  • Upvote 19

That's actually really good! Gali is my favorite set out of the first wave as well, so my bias is almost certainly leaking through, but this is honestly really cool. I actually like that it hasn't been colored, and it's definitely leagues better than anything I could draw. :P

(I might also turn part of this into my avatar once I'm finished with Baby Protector of Fire if you're okay with that)

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much! I have no plans to color it, though I MIGHT try and ink it so it's a little bit cleaner. If I do that, though, I'd want to wait until I have both plenty of time and plenty of patience, because the last thing I want is to accidentally mess up on the inking and damage the picture permanently (which has happened to me in the past). I might even consider printing a copy very lightly and then ink THAT so I still have the hard copy of the original graphite drawing. Whatever I do, it's probably not going to happen until AFTER Christmas, because things are beginning to get hectic as I realize how many people I still have to get gifts for. :wacko:

(I might also turn part of this into my avatar once I'm finished with Baby Protector of Fire if you're okay with that)

That'd be awesome, especially if you put a line in your signature linking back to this topic so people know where the image came from!

It's really good being "true to the set" sort of style, reminds me a little of the original Bionicle comics of 2001. 

Edited by Vezon shall Return

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Nicely done, Scott! I really like how you kept the style of set (which is not as easy as it sounds, after all) while going for a more dynamic pose and giving it a bit of your own style as well. The only thing is the right leg (from her PoV).With the pose you have going here, it should probably be a little further out, especially with her holding her weapon behind her like that, since it puts her a bit off balance.

But overall, great work and I hope to see more art from you =) 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I was thinking of doing a very quick colored version, but this is all Paint.NET and its terrible recolor tool would allow me to do. 

http://prntscr.com/5ktiwq

Neat! I still haven't decided on whether I want to color this, though I have now started inking it. Whether I color it (or try to) might depend on how well that goes.

I specially liked it how you closed the shells without revealing the internal bones  :tounge: Great job !  :alert: 

Yeah, that's something I mostly decided to do on a whim. It's not that I think the shells need to be closed from an aesthetic standpoint, but the insides of shells can be a pain to draw!

It's really good being "true to the set" sort of style, reminds me a little of the original Bionicle comics of 2001.

Thank you!

Nicely done, Scott! I really like how you kept the style of set (which is not as easy as it sounds, after all) while going for a more dynamic pose and giving it a bit of your own style as well. The only thing is the right leg (from her PoV).With the pose you have going here, it should probably be a little further out, especially with her holding her weapon behind her like that, since it puts her a bit off balance.

But overall, great work and I hope to see more art from you =)

Thanks! This means a lot coming from you! I agree that I might want to position the legs differently if I were to draw this again, but now that I've inked the legs it's a bit late for me to change that in this drawing.

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic. Excellent linework, excellent detail, and absolutely fantastic representation of the set. Not only that, but you gave her some personality as well.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the inked version!

16438278985_b273260926_z.jpg

flickr | deviantART

It looks a lot cleaner now, doesn't it?

Wow that is a awesome drawing it has a lot of detail it even haves the circles of the feet and the armor pieces and it has the mask connectors the drawing is great. :kaukau:

Nice. I like the "DANG YOU" fist she's making. xD Nice detail, especially in the subtle hip-movement. Very true to the actual Gali set but has its own stylistic flair.

-NotS

Excellent drawing, and the subtle stylization of the shells works wonderfully.

This is fantastic. Excellent linework, excellent detail, and absolutely fantastic representation of the set. Not only that, but you gave her some personality as well.

Thanks everyone!

• Upvote 1

Awesome! Now that you made the ink version, I made yet another coloured one using that. I think it looks miles better than my last one, mainly because of the sharper lines in the drawing.

http://i.imgur.com/YZwjUUE.png

Very cool! I might try coloring this drawing myself since I was able to get such a nice clean scan!