Inspiration for you Username(s).

Toa Smoke Monster

So my question to all of you is simple; what inspired you to use your current and/or previous usernames?

My first first username, The Smoke Monster, was inspired from my love of the TV show Lost. (I still love that show. :) ). I then changed my name to Toa Smoke Monster, because I wanted a more 'Bionicle-ized' name but still wanted to something Lost-related in it. So that is the name I came up with. I had that name for over two years, never thinking once about changing it.

Until today, When I changed it to 'I Am A Walrus.' (I was going to change it to 'I Am The Walrus,' but apparently that name is already taken. :( ) I got the inspiration for it from the Beatles song 'I Am The Walrus,' which I heard at my job this last weekend. And since I thought it was time for a temporary yet fun change for my username, I decided to change my name to what it is now.

And now I ask this question to all of you. What inspired you to use your usernames?

Edited by I Am A Walrus

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well. When I first joined BZP I came up with a horrible name with the intention of changing it that I don't even want to remember. I don't think I ever did, until the Atlantis theme came out, and Lowtuff started a name fad with the Atlantis themes minifigures.

I then went as Portalfig for a long time, then a while ago I started changing it to different misspellings of it because of people like Xaeraz and Zakaro to mess with people. First it was just Protalgif, then it spiriled out of control.

And now I made a holiday theme one, because the pun makes me laugh far more than it should. =P 

When I first joined, I went by the name "The 3rd Person," referring to the point-of-view in various forms of media.

Some time later, I decided to change the name, but I wanted to keep the same theme-- The   #-position   Noun.

In addition to T3P, I created eight others (couldn't really do anything with zero :P )

The list looked something like this:

• The 1st Shadow
  • The 2nd Project
  • The 3rd Person (temporarily changed to The 3rd Krom)
  • The 4th Master
  • The 5th Warrior
  • To this day, I don't have a good one for 6, but I wanted it to start with 'A'
  • The 7th Leader
  • The 8th Magician
  • The 9th Hero

My plan was to cycle through all of them, but after a while, I just grew so attached to T1S, that it felt wrong to use anything else. So, here I am, to this day, The 1st Shadow. :) I've also started to refer to myself by this same name. When I'm alone, of course. The name is just so... Me. I feel like I can use it more than just on BZPower.

(If I'd thought of it sooner, then I would have switched it to 'The 1st Santa,' just for the season. :) )

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

the name I was using most everywhere else on the internet at the time wasn't BZP-safe, so I had to come up with something else on the fly. ran my full name through a stupid "samurai name generator" thing, last name came out as Ryuujin, and I liked the sound of it and used it and it stuck. now it's pretty much become my online handle everywhere else as well.

honestly the name's kind of grown off of me and I wish I could've come up with something else, but I guess them's the breaks.

Edited by Ryuujin

It was 2004.

I was eleven.

I needed a username for the Kanoka Club.

I was a BIONICLE fan.

I was at home.

I was unoriginal.

I was unable to use the @ symbol in my Kanoka Club name.

And thus, Bfahome. BIONICLE fan at home. Kept it since and plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future, as it's basically my Internet identity. Though lately I've been everywhere but home so it's a filthy lie.

(It's strange to actually think about my username, I've gotten so accustomed to it I don't really notice how weird it is.)

• Upvote 11

OpAXNpl.jpg

I came up with Kitania from Titania, the Queen of Faeries from Shakespeare's A Midsummernight's Dream, coupled with my name (Kit) which I came up with years ago. It's sort of used as a confidence and morale booster, though there have been other characters named "Titania" throughout various shows, books and other forms of media and I generally find them the most relatable.

There were a few things that contributed to me coming up with my username.

That there weren't a lot of names beginning with X

That the C key was so close to the X key on a QWERTY keyboard.

Hitting the C key twice was easier than finding another letter

That I needed four characters so I used the first letter of my real name at the end (J).

It was kind of a random name, but I've used it so much that it's pretty much my unique identity on the internet (and nobody else who seems to use it ever creates any content.).

:music:

• Upvote 2

Until I permanently came back earlier in 2014 from my extended on and off hiatuses, I spent many years going as 'dark hunter 554', 'The Low-Carb Dark Hunter', 'The Darkest Hunter', and a few variations thereof. I think it was just that I was really into the Dark Hunters and liked to have my self-OCs be Dark Hunters. I was trying to do a branding sorta thing but ultimately I was always called "DH" or "TDH" for short by friends and on the forums so going through many different versions of the name wasn't an issue.

I kinda grew out of the name and, seeing as I'd been gone for the most part of a few years and was definitely a different person since I was last regularly active, which was mostly on a BZP whose archive didn't even exist anymore, I wanted to basically start fresh, and there's nothing I love more than a fresh pomegranate. Pomegranates are lovely,have a lot of meaning in different mythologies, are really yummy and really pretty, and they are definitely my favorite food item and hold a lot of importance for me. It's also gender neutral and I thought it was pretty unique, and I knew I would enjoy having a neat little avatar and signature with pomegranates to see them everywhere I post and keep the atmosphere light. I was just really feeling it at the time and thought it would be the perfect way to present myself and the kind of individual I am: I am a total fruit :P It's grown on me even more since I made it and I'm definitely using it and variations like 'Pommy' as my new default name in other online things.

• Upvote 5

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I use two usernames for most things in life: RahkshiToa88 and Pohatu Nuva/some variation of Pohatu. (Hence both of my names I've had here.)

The idea for RahkshiToa88 is an old one, stretching back to when I first saw Mask of Light and read the comics of 2003, which was in 2008. The idea was a Toa who looked like a Rahkshi, with some Toa-esque parts, such as posture, shape, etc, and had both a Rahkshi power and a Toa power. 88 was a Toa of Lightning and a Rahkshi of Electricty originally.

The name 88 came from my favorite number, 88. The next big change came in 2010 when the Rahkshi set came out. I went and bought it first for the sole reason of building my dream MOC. The first version of 88 was terrible, and had some minor changes with the armor. I redesigned him about a year or two to make him more awesome looking. The result was a cool-looking Toa with a modified Inika build, especially in the upper body.

The next big change came with the BZPRPG. That was when I decided to make him a just a Toa, who wears a Kadin shaped like a Rahkshi helmet, has a back curved like a Rahkshi and has other Rahkshi-like features.

88 very recently evolved into his newest form, which is terrible. I decided to make him adhere to the color theme, and tried to make him keetorange and white instead of the classic keetorange and silver. Also, he uses the new gearbox. 88 currently is only alive in his Matoran form.

The idea for Pohatu came from the fact that I AM POHATU.

(And I approve this message.)

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I usually used my old username Juanes07180 everywhere, until I decided to make an account on BZP. It was 2007, I wanted to stick with my obsession with Toa of Air, so Kanohi Zatth sounded like a cool username. Years later I shortened it to Zatth.

AND THAT WAS THE BEGINNING.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

The Legend Reborn was on my mind when I joined, and I thought Click was adorable. I've never bothered to try renaming myself in the... What, five years? Six?... that I've been here.

My name on various other sites has a more interesting story. I go by Onuku (or 0nuku, or onuku# when that's taken) from a character from my first comic on BZP. It was awful, I was silly, and I didn't even know what a "sprite kit" was. Don't bother looking it up. Anyway, my original "self" in the comic was Mewi, a purple Matoran wearing the "Krana of Insanity," (a purple Xa, I think), but Onuku was kind of a background character, a Matoran of Sone who looked remarkably similar to Hafu. The name just came from me mashing syllables together to make something Bionicle-sounding, but it was catchy. If I ever change my name, that's probably what it would end up as.

Jeordeon is a terrible play on my real name, "Jordan."

I've been meaning to use a new name for a couple of years now, but it's so hard to change since I use Jeordeon on dozens of websites. Dark Blue is a special color to me, hence the current name. I'll probably come up with something else soon though...something that's a lot easier to pronounce than "Jeordeon."

IetTsFQ.png

As for my most commonly used username - I was about, eh, wait, 13 years old and a huge fan of Takanuva, so I adapted the name to a more feminine form... most original name ever. xD

The current one was suggested by Burnmad.

Edited by Fairy Paladin
  • Upvote 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

My first username "Guurakh" came from a misspelling of the name of my then-favorite Rahkshi. The spelling was later corrected, but I changed my name to Wairu, which I think was based off of Toa Kaita Wairuha. My most prominent name "Sybre" was a respelling of the word "cyber". They're pronounced the same too.

As for Varova, my current BZPersona, his name came from a name generator. Since he was intended to be a Toa, I did the unspeakable. I put the word "Toa" in front of the name. Boom.

mindeth the cobwebs

I was strangely fascinated by the character Daedalus in the video game Deus Ex, partly because I only had the preview edition of the game for many years, so his purpose and true identity were always a mystery. I had originally intended to eventually change my name and avatar to Icarus, and then to Helios, but I never got around to it. I've stuck with (Daedalus) (the parentheses used because Daedalus was taken) ever since.

I use Daedalus pretty much everywhere on the Internet, though it's often followed by 1138.

• Upvote 2

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Cohrii was my kraata-hunting Matoran OC I made up when I was 12. Jackson Lake was a supporting character in a Doctor Who christmas special. I was going to switch back to Cohrii after the 90 days and then I didn't. Jacks is a shortened version of Jackson Lake by which everybody here was already referring to me. Last week I got nostalgic for the Junkbot games, and thought it would be funny to plug it into the "x master of y" Toa name format.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Oh boy this is fun.

*Ahem.*

Way, way back in yonder years, my name was Okajo. I don't remember why, exactly, this popped up, but I think it was a combination of "Professor Oak" and my grandmother, who I know as "Granny Jo". Yeah. That was when I was...eight? Nine? Young. Yeah.

Cue me joining BZP under the name Okajo and keeping it that way until my first name change. I changed it to Xaron, another name I came up with...I have no idea when or how. It's a mystery.

Eventually decided "hey x is a cool letter and it's less to type than xaron" so I shortened my name to "The X", and was called "X" for short. Then I learned how common of a name that was on the internet (And how a few people just use it as the entire name, not shorthand for an actual name), and...didn't bother changing it, unless I went by "Xaron". eventually, I had to make a six character name, so I changed it to "XXaron" somewhere. It stuck, became a handle for a while, until people continued to say "Ehks-Ehks-Aaron" when I met them.

So I changed my name to "Ehks-Zae-Rohn". Which is a ton to type.

So I shortened it to Ehks, and changed my name here to that to reflect it. Then I changed it to "Ehksidian", which is a pun and stuff yes.

Current name is based off of Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk is also known as "Monado Boy", and thus..that's where this name comes from.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I use too many usernames to briefly talk about all of them, so I'll just discuss my first and last. Mangai-Hau was my attempt to make a heroic Bionicle name ("Protector-Shield") for my self-insert. Carson Chambliss is the name of the insidious antagonist of Wiley Cash's A Land More Kind than Home, which is a character I love from a book I enjoy.

I've come a long way.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

When I was a wide-eyed little 6th grader, I joined bs01, and chose my username by slamming together all the things i liked at the time into one name: Jedi Master Snoopy of Galifrey. Within a few months, a user named Matoro Ignika (I wonder if he's still around, I should see) put me in a "friends" template on his page, but abbreviated my name. It's stuck ever since, I've even used JMSOG as a seudonim in other places as well.

But yeah: picture Snoopy with a lightsaber, that's what my name's supposed to be XD

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I have no idea what I was thinking. I just recall that I changed it once, from "master inika" (not capitalized). I've kept it out of fear of change.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The Most Charismatic Individual Of Our Time, The Undefeated and Undisputed UFC Middleweight and Light Heavyweight Champ, the Gangster from the Mean Streets of West Linn, Oregon; This guy's just a once in a lifetime character, how can I not emulate him?

Anyways people call me "Raz" which is shorthand for The Demon of Razgriz which comes from Ace Combat 5 because I love that series to pieces.

Nobody pronounces it right either.

helo frens

We always say it's derived from Ga and Ta because my brother always gets the fire sets and I get the water sets but honestly I don't remember if that was the real reason we chose that name or just something we came up with afterwards.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I was originally known as "ibrow" or "iBrow", which was a play on Apple's naming scheme for their products combined with a misspelled abbreviation of my last name.

Nowadays I'm known as "Voltex", which is a name I created with the goal of it essentially representing everything I am as a person. I identify closer to Voltex than I do my real name as a result. I'm sometimes called Tex, which I'm totally cool with.

• Upvote 1

My name's Jake.

(It's also short for my longer, original username, "Jaykanu.")

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I had just come home from a friend's house who had a really cool dog named Miko. I didn't know how to spell that when I got home, but it was the first thing I thought of when I needed a username to sign up here. Meiko was my first online screen name and I've come to use it on most sites that involve LEGO.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.