Inspiration for you Username(s).

Toa Smoke Monster

This username and a couple of my others were basically chosen since the letters in it vaguely resemble my real name and "Adventurer" in particular evokes a nice Bionicle feel I think (the Takua/MNOG kind of Adventurer :) ).

I always thought it came from the Lego theme Adventurers. Learned something today. :P

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This username and a couple of my others were basically chosen since the letters in it vaguely resemble my real name and "Adventurer" in particular evokes a nice Bionicle feel I think (the Takua/MNOG kind of Adventurer :) ).

I always thought it came from the Lego theme Adventurers. Learned something today. :P

That incidentally was one of my favourite themes back in the day - didn't play a part in the creation of my name though as far as I'm aware. Maybe subconsciously. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

My previous name when I decided to go back onto this account was something that was made pretty...Super horrible, and cringe-worthy. Even for a 13 year-old.

As my current name, I really like this weapon named 'Necrochasm' from a game called "Destiny". Didn't wanna make it too obvious that I'm a fan of the game, so I decided to go with 'Chasm' instead. It sorta has a odd tone to it.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, I've used the name "Moku" online for around 6-7 years.  Actually came from Mokujin, a Tekken character, but the game I made the account for actually made it look like there was a bit of a space, so it sort of looked like Moku jin.  And sooner or later, people started calling me Moku, so I just adapted to it.  It's been my nickname online for the longest time now, and I've no intention of changing it for the foreseeable future.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

I think the inspiration for mine is pretty obvious. All of my screennames come from characters I absolutely love in BIONICLE lore (either by personality or set design) - Nidhiki, Zaktan, Lewa, Gresh, and Tahu. Green, believe it or not, is not my favourite colour and I have always preferred red, but something about each of those characters really intrigued me. So I stuck with consistent colouring (only broken once by red in 2010)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

my names this year

• courtney: the only human pokemon character that matters tbh
  • starlord: my fave gotg character
  • ran yakumo: fave touhou
  • peter quill: starlords actual name
  • andy bernard: one of my fave office characters
  • harry osborn: one of my fave marvel characters in general
  • clover: literally my name
  • all terrain venomoth: the true all star of twitch plays pokemon, also a hilarious name pun if i ever did see one
  • Upvote 6

bionicle is trans culture

Originally it was just "Bohrok Lord". The Sharnak part came from me needing a name for my character. My LEGO screen name was "Piraka_Shark" so I based it off that. Hence the name Sharnak. Ironically, my character had nothing to with piraka nor sharks.

My name stayed The Bohrok Lord on BZP, but I went by some form of Sharnak everywhere else. The two names were eventually combined for consistency.

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

My first username, pirakajalleroffire, is pretty self explanatory. Basically If Jaller was a Piraka (I was like 9 okay) . After that I switched to Kalmah the awesome at the end of 2006 (Sets had just leaked and I thought Kalmah looked cool) . Mid-2008 I switched to Takanewva (Since I was a big fan of 08 Takanuva, and that was the popular name for him at the time) . In May 2009 I changed to Element lord of Milk (Element lord theories were big, and I was drinking a lot of milk at the time) and it stuck, for both BZP and pretty much every other account I have online. The only time when this wasn't the case was in 2011 when I briefly switched to GORDON FREECHMEN (Inspired by Half-Life: Full life consequences) . After about 6 months I switched back to Element lord of Milk, and aside from a few adjustments, it's stayed that way ever since.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Something about Le-Koro. It's stuck with me. Bonus points for the once-popular double hyphens around it. Every day is 2005.

No, I never once changed it to Whalerider; what are you talking about we never speak of that.

Ah, I remember the old days of characters like hyphens wrapping around display names. (My signoff which I still can't seem to shake off as a habit is not at all indicative of similar characters in my own name at any point no sir.)

Anyway, I picked Ballom as a name from the character from Duelmasters, and when I joined decided it had to be more Bionicle themed, so I went with Ballom Toa of Darkness. I then paraded around various punny variants on Ballom for several years (including a brief stint as Ratsel Feinschmecker) before deciding to leave things as just plain old Ballom.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

About my current username?

I asked BZPower to suggest names. They suggested about 12.

I then asked them to vote on the names. So here we are, with this name. This current name was the winner.

But, more specifically, about my previous names of the 'Pulse' variety? I chose Pulsate as a name one day, slightly inspired by two previous names of the 'Impulse' variety. Decided to take the 'im' off so that people wouldn't call me 'Imp'. Since I took the name 'Pulsate', Pulse has stuck as my name. It's what people here call me, so it's staying. I'm not even going to attempt to change that - it's very hard to get people to change what they call you. 

Now, if anyone were to inquire about names earlier than 'Impulse', all I am going say is imagine the names you would have chosen at 11 years old.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Anyway, I picked Ballom as a name from the character from Duelmasters, and when I joined decided it had to be more Bionicle themed, so I went with Ballom Toa of Darkness. I then paraded around various punny variants on Ballom for several years (including a brief stint as Ratsel Feinschmecker) before deciding to leave things as just plain old Ballom.

Ballom Nom Nom

Never forget

Anyway, with all of the recent posts about other name changes over the years and the inspiration behind those ...

Following in the hyphen/tilde fad, I put tildes around my name in late 2006. It looked awful and I eventually realized that fact, so with an obsession for Looney Tunes, I became Sumiki the Roadrunner which was pretty much the worst period of time I ever spent on this site.

After that, I settled into a pattern of alternating between "Sumiki" and another name, sometimes chosen with the help of a blog poll. These names were:

• Sneaky Peeky Sumiki - still one of my all-time favorites. Named after sneaky peeky mahiki.
  • Bugs Bunny - this time it was for a name-change fad. Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck were also running around the forums.
  • The Kamikaze Watermelon - from The Demented Cartoon Movie, which a friend had showed me not long before.
  • Toxic Waste Bunny - there's a story behind this, and it's here. It's basically the original Sumiki's Dad adventure.
  • Smuffin Nudpucker - a nonsensical name that won a blog poll.

Breaking the pattern, I went from that name to NO I DIDN'T, which complemented -Toa Lhikevikk-'s name at the time, which was HE DID IT.

Everything since has basically been for staff-wide name changes and have no deeper meaning.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Ballom Nom Nom

Never forget

I don't. :P

~B~

• Upvote 2

Ah, I remember the old days of characters like hyphens wrapping around display names. (My signoff which I still can't seem to shake off as a habit is not at all indicative of similar characters in my own name at any point no sir.)

I think my current pair of hyphens was added out of necessity. I had to distinguish myself from the name-stealing inactive member who has become my eternal rival. That said, it's good to keep the tradition alive. Maybe.

• Upvote 3

I wanted something Bionicle-related, and I like engineering, so I picked a couple of Nuparu-related things that sounded ok and stuck them together with an underscore.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

My username ("Aanchir", formerly "Aanchir: Rachira of Time") was a character in a storyline created by my twin brother, just like his own username ("Lyichir", formerly "Lyichir: Rachira of Influence"). The idea at the time was that the Rachira were some sort of vessels for fundamental powers of the universe and that they would be adversaries, then allies, of the Chronicler's Company as those Matoran went on a quest that was concurrent with that of the Matoran who became the Toa Inika.

It's supposed to be pronounced AHN-keer, but it's rare for people to get that right and I recognize that's nobody's fault but my own for choosing a difficult-to-pronounce name. A few times I've contemplated trying to craft myself a new identity that is not hard to spell, hard to pronounce, or tied to a defunct fan fiction. As an example, I named myself Skybard on deviantART, which I now regret because these days pretty much everybody knows me as Aanchir. Now that I actually have some standing within the LEGO community, I stick to the name Aanchir, but I have dropped the "Rachira of Time" from my name on pretty much all sites now.

Xarok was the name I gave to a MOC probably back in 2006 or 2007 I can't remember entirely. He was a Toa of sound I think? He was the main hero for my fanfic I never ended up doing, but yeah that's where the name came from.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Back when I first signed up for LEGO.com way back in early '01, Lewa was my favorite Toa, and I tried to have "Lewa" be my username. It was (obviously) already taken, and "Lewa0111" was one of the randomly-generated suggestions, so I went with it. I used the same name on BZPower, and upgraded to Lewa0111 Nuva once my rank hit the appropriate point. Barring a potential "Lewa0111 Phantoka" FAR down the line, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

• Upvote 3

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

My first username, 'kungfurahkshidestroyer', came about because I had taken a kung fu martial arts course over the summer, and also because I wanted to...destroy Rahkshi, I guess? Not sure.

Anyways, I changed it a few times to make it easier to read, eventually ending up with 'Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer', and used that for a couple of years.

I changed the name to Kung Fu Pyro because it was a lot shorter, easier to use, and sounded cooler.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

My old name, "Enax" (or some variation of it) is just the name of a character I created. My new one came about when I found the concept artwork of the fire boss that would have appeared in LOMN, wanted to use that as my new picture, and decided that, since the boss in the picture lacked wings, it looked more like a lizard than a dragon.

"Prime" is at the end simply because I was playing Metroid Prime a lot at the time.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Oh, man. The tale of me and display names. There's too many to list all the inspirations, (21 name changes in total, 18 unique names) but I'll give the inspiration for the ones I remember.

konguboy9 was my first display name, I was 9, a boy, and liked kongu. Bam.

It was very quickly changed to kongu champion gukko rider (not capitalized.) I later added capitals to what would be my most consistent name on BZP over the years. (And most likely what it will return to some day.) 

Mafu was my very own smashing of things to sound BIONICLE-esque, I went by my cats name for a while as well.

There was a time between name changes where I was Kongu Chapion Gukko Rider, having missed the M in champion, that was fun.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

Metru-Nui was cool and hip once.

This.

My current name wasn't my original name (never mind what was), but when I learned the Turaga were once Toa, I combined the two names into one word. It kind of gave a boost into my interest in BIONICLE, which I think  had begun to wane at that point.

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

• Upvote 4

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

I made this username when I was 12 because I liked Bionicle and it seemed like a good username for a Bionicle message board. This is the original use of this name.

Funny enough, after that, I've pretty much used it for everything since. It's now my default username for everything, I just dropped the 4 because usually the name wasn't taken anywhere else, and numbers on the end of my username annoy me.

Here we go again.

• 2 weeks later...

My initial name was Lord of shadows (yeah, very original, I know) in reference to Makuta. I eventually got tired of that and combined that name with one of my email addresses into the name ShadowBionics, which sounds more original and somewhat better, actually. So while there's no really no inspiration for it, you can say it's just a combination of my love of Bionicle ("bionics," part of my email) and how I tend to like a lot of villain characters such as Makuta before he became overused ("shadow").

As a joke, I did change my name to something I REALLY don't wish to go into. I changed my name back once my "90 days of shame" were over and I could drop the joke. Otherwise, I don't totally plan on changing my name. I've even gone on to use this name and variations of it online.

Edited by ShadowBionics

All right, listen up nerds. Makaru is my totally cool Bionicle Matoran OC. He's really cool and powerful and is friends with everyone and is 100% not embarrassing in hindsight or indicative of what I was like when I was 15.

Makaru, you're so cool~

Erebus came from the Greek God of Darkness. Gotta love darkness.

• Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

I don't really remember all my screen names but the one I've had the longest (Since 2001 or maybe '02/'03) is the one you see before you. I have been Prowl Nightwolf / P-Nightwolf / ProwlNW / PNW / P_NW for well over 10 years. Do a search on the name see what comes up, lol.

Anyway, back when Beast Wars Transmetals came out I fell in love with the BW2 Character Prowl who transformed into a TM2 Owl. He was a Telekinetic of sorts and I liked the "Logic" aspect of his personality. It also made a callback to G1 Prowl even though at the time I did not know much about the Original G1 series other than I remember watching it as a toddler. It wasn't until after some research I learned the original Prowl was a cop car and a tactical advisor type character. He is still one of my favorite Transformers. Well it wasn't until the 2000's I added the "Nightwolf" and only because "Prowl Reptile" and "Prowl Raiden" Did not sound as good.

So if you recognized the 3 names you'd know where I got my last name from. The Mortal Kombat series. The three listed are my favorite characters. Nightwolf being the 3rd in the list.

There are some deeper meanings to the name such as how Prowl means "to hunt" and "nightwolf" could be seen as a nocturnal canine showing my homage of being a nightowl and staying up all hours of the night. Ah "owl" like the form Prowl took in Beast Wars (There was another Prowl in seas1 who turned into a lion). The name has gone full circle, lol.

A name I have picked up recently is "Deseki" Though that has been within the last 5 years or so. Doseki means "Earth and Stone" in Japanese and I needed a name for my Dwarf on World of Warcraft. As I played I got several inquiries if he was named after that beer the 'most interesting man" drinks as I guess the names sound the same. Fitting as the Dwarf race are known binge drinkers in the game. I loved the name so much all my future Dwarves have the name Doseki after another Sir-name.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

A computer, inspired by my real name and a random number it generated, made this name. 

I thought it sounded cool. 

Nobody else cared. 

I stuck my tongue out at the fact that they didn't care. 

Still haven't gotten tired of that. 

:P

Dunno why, but your name always stuck in my head. Yet I somehow never noticed the second s in your name.

My first username was ~Calm Seas~. I really loved the ocean, still do. Now my current (and, I think, my permanent) name is actually based on a really bad poem that I wrote shortly before I joined. It was about space and oceans. I later modified it to be about life and oceans, but it still sucked. I'm also insanely love with astronomy and anything space related, and I best imagine myself as being a Toa of Water, and so my name still works.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I first used this username when I became a LEGO.com member. I chose 'TheSkeletonMan' because skeletons are gritty or something. I have no idea where the '939' came from.

I was like 10 years old when I came up with the name, and 10 year olds can be pretty dumb sometimes. That's the best explanation I have.

Some people nickname me 'Skelly'; I like it, and I've thought about changing my BZP username to that, but I decided against it. 'TheSkeletonMan939' best conveys the lunacy and nonsensical nuttiness that serves as the life force of the internet. 'Skelly' sounds too sophisticated.

• Upvote 1

I have undergone numerous names, most coming from the different bionicle Characters I like. I was a fan of the video game, Star Wars: Republic Comando, and so made my own Recon Commando: RC-1505 OMEGA. the older I got I eventually phased out 'OMEGA', and removed the little 'dash'. But, now it seemed like  a short and unidentifiable name, like the name given to a machine prototype or something, but I just stuck to being called RC1505. I later made a slight change to the name to fit how I said it, going from RC1505, to RC15O5. Not much, but I liked it.

One day I was playing Crusader Kings II, as ye olde Komnenos dynasty of the Roman Empire. After using Alexios, Manuel, Konstantinos, Alexandros, and Ioannis over and over again, I decided I needed to make a more custom name. I chose Staurakios, but if I used it more, it would not have been special, so I decided to attempt to Hellenize my own name, Jared. Following the Greek ways of the medieval Roman Empire, I replaced my J with an I, and added the all-too-common 'ios' ending of names to my own. Thus, Iaredios was born. i loved it. It was my own name, it is unique, and it has not been used. After the Mongols took half of my empire, i raged quit, my 200-300 year long journey brought to an abrupt end by some horse riders, and i decided to use my new found name across the vast expanses of the interwebs. I have found a keeper and I do not plan from changing this one, ever.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

My username stands for "Toa Nuhrii: Toa of Sugar," which in turn is a reference to how I portrayed Nuhrii in my first ever comedy (in case you can't figure it out, he was obsessed with sugar, although he was not a Toa for some reason).

I eventually abbreviated it to TNTOS because it's a lot shorter and faster to type than my full username. Then I officially changed my username to TNTOS and it's been that way ever since.

-TNTOS-

• Upvote 2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)