Inspiration for you Username(s).

Toa Smoke Monster

I don't actually recall the origins of mine all that well, though I know a couple people who might remember better than me. I was always a big fan of Iruini, and I'm pretty sure that name was taken at the time. I decided to step it up to the next logical variant, and now I'm really attached to it. ^_^

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Way back when the first BZP member I knew of was Gatanui, and my creative 11 year old mind thought that I should incorporate 'nui' into my own display name. So then I became "Maranui" (pronounced Mare-ah-nui). (skipping ahead to after I made a new account after the old one got wiped when the forums were offline) I realized about a month later (after I made a new account) that people were probably pronouncing it "Mar-ah-nui" (not that anyone cared), so I changed it to Mairanui. That's pretty much the story of my original name, now I stick mostly to Underscore or some variation of that, because it was my favorite punctuation mark, and I guess I thought it was "cool" that I spelled it out in letters. I'm not really sure why anymore, but it's become my alias around this site.

Edited by erocsrednU

2xu8Ptu.png

I had wanted to join this site for about a year before I did, but I couldn't think of anything catchy or memorable at all. Then I talked to my friend, and he helped me choose my name. 

Gunhaver from the Cheat Commandos it was! And Nuva because it's cool-sounding. Although I'm most likely going to change it at some point in the future, as I don't particularly enjoy not having an original name.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

The name I registered under (SilverGlass) was a reference to the song Into the West by Annie Lennox, not that anyone would get it but me. Earlier this year I thought I'd change it to my Tumblr name because I'm boring, along with an avatar and sig change (still haven't done the latter). However, instead of jumping into a complete makeover right off the bat, I thought I'd ease into it with SilverCor, then FallenCor. This name is in reference to an OC of mine, a corrupted cor (fictional race from one of my headworlds).

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

My orginal name, AidanBionicle1 was brought together when my dad made me my LEGO.com account, he was all like "Eh, you're first name is Aidan, you like Bionicle, so.... AidanBionicle, oh it needs a number, eh... 1, so thats AidanBionicle1"

But now my name is Imrukii, which is my self moc.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 4 weeks later...

My orginal name, AidanBionicle1 was brought together when my dad made me my LEGO.com account, he was all like "Eh, you're first name is Aidan, you like Bionicle, so.... AidanBionicle, oh it needs a number, eh... 1, so thats AidanBionicle1"

But now my name is Imrukii, which is my self moc.

Glad for it too, the name was a chore to write down.

[Let the irony sink in...]

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 3 weeks later...

No longer am I Iaredios Paerkenon. Behold, for now I am Sir Iaredios!

Changed it because I could. Next time, I think I'll do Iarediopolis.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

• 2 weeks later...

I was originally tahu3.0 the reason that my name is like that is lack of creativity and cause my favorite character of Bionicle is Tahu and my favorite HF character is Furno 3.0 and then i changed it to Tahu3.0 because Ghidora did it with his name also.

• Upvote 1

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Well, there was Triclops Echo. That's cause I liked things with three eyes. And music, I guess.

Next I did Gukko Lord. Which was a stupid move and I can't remember why I did it. It sucked 'cos it restricted me and made it seem like I'm a bird fanatic. Which I'm not.

Now I'm Aerixx, and I'm sticking with that. It's a coolificated Engrish pronunciation of 'Alex', so rah.

Well, LewaLew came about because I was eleven, liked GaliGee's stories, and didn't get the "golly gee" joke in her name. So I took my favorite toa and added a syllable beginning with the same letter and got LewaLew.

But wait, there's more!

My next name was Seanp12-KJ Trainee because I had started writing for KanohiJournal and I was really happy about it.

After that came Little Big League because the staff had decided to do a mass name change, this time based on movies from 1994. Angels in the Outfield was already taken, so I chose the other baseball movie.

Next was Slugger Barbie. That one was part of a Barbie-themed mass name change, but this time we didn't get to choose. I simply logged on one day and saw that I was Slugger Barbie.

Next was Llambdalolllamaphobia. Another staff name change, this time based on phobias. I wanted to do a wild and wacky one, though, so I made up a fear of the letter L and put pound signs in place of all of the L's in my posts. And capital I's also, since they look like lowercase L's.

Then came the monster-themed staff name change, and I chose Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. You folks probably know what that one's from.

After I left BZP, I started changing my name every time that I came back for a visit. The first time I changed it to Sohcah - Toa of Trig. because I was taking a really boring algebra class that semester and I thought it would be funny. And Trigonometry wouldn't fit in the allotted space.

Next came Lewigi. Because it was the year of Lewigi.

Now I'm Lon'qu, because he's a stupid awesome myrmidon from Fire Emblem Awakening, which is probably my second favorite 3DS game behind Kid Icarus Uprising. He was one of my best units in my first playthrough, and I love his attempts at behaving aloof at all costs, even when his phobia of women is terrifying him. He also has really cool critical quotes, like the one in my sig. In short, he's a total boss, so I mugged him and stole his identity because he's so cool.

How well will you die?

The new villain from Star Wars: TFA. And don't you dare say anything against the new crossguard lightsaber... (Even though it isn't really new and was actually in the EU for ages until Disney handwaved the EU away into nothingness) :P

Actually, the majority of the community considers the Disney stuff to be the new canon, and the EU to be non-canon.

I prefer to think that the EU is canon and the Disney stuff takes place in a parallel universe because it doesn't adhere to existing canon.

I changed it from Petewa to Kyle Whyte: Speed Itself, in honour of an alarmingly developed superhero first invented by a four year old me, someone with the four "primary" superpowers, which at the time, I'd believed to be Superspeed, Superstrength, Flight, and Invisibility. For lack of a better name, I'd called this superhero "Speed" and over the past eleven years, he's been redesigned only once, but has an alarming amount of story alongside him, my own superhero multiverse's creation revolving about a four year old kid who wanted to tell himself bedtime stories about a superhero. Only over this summer did I realize Speed didn't have a name, I'd referred to him as Speed all these years, and never given him a name, I then bought a Coke, and gave him the name on that, "Kyle" because it was a good name. Today I realized, I wanted to finally decide on his surname, and so I hopped on the internet and looked through lists of Scottish surnames (as a reference to the fact that my surname is Scottish, and originally, Kyle was based on me) eventually I wound up with the two I liked the best, "Payne" and "Whyte" I then looked at the original meanings of both the names and decided that along with being the surname of a good friend of mine, Payne was the least befitting of the two, and then gave Speed the name of Kyle Whyte.

The reason it says "Speed Itself" rather than just "Speed" is because throughout the years, I've decided that rather than just one superhero, Speed is a dynasty of superheroes, each one passing the mantle onto the next in time, this is partially because, eventually, I really want to make a comic book style something telling the stories of Kyle and the other heroes within his multiverse, and the comic series for Kyle would be called "Speed Itself" whereas the comic series for CJ (the speed after Kyle) would be called "Speed Himself" and so on, so forth.

Eesh, this is a lot of text to describe one simple name change.

Nevertheless, Kyle has the genetic ability of superspeed, but for most Speeds, their masks give them their four base powers, and their staff gives them more powers splintering off of that, but because Kyle has both the genetic superspeed and the superspeed granted by his mask, he is just about the fastest of all the Speeds. The main problem is, he doesn't a good enough attention span to fly for more than six feet, tops. His (and any Speed's) superstrength allows him to lift, say, a car, but as soon as he takes off his mask, he gains the fatigue an average person would have from trying to lift up a car (and that is indefinitely painful) he can turn invisible, but he is better at using the invisibility splinter ability of shapeshifting granted by his staff. However, without his staff, he can't shapeshift, and without his mask, he can't access any superpowers aside from his natural superspeed, which in itself has the downside of making him excessively thirsty.

You probably didn't want to know any of that, but to be honest, I really wanted to talk about Kyle, Allons-y.

The new villain from Star Wars: TFA. And don't you dare say anything against the new crossguard lightsaber... (Even though it isn't really new and was actually in the EU for ages until Disney handwaved the EU away into nothingness) :P

Actually, the majority of the community considers the Disney stuff to be the new canon, and the EU to be non-canon.

I prefer to think that the EU is canon and the Disney stuff takes place in a parallel universe because it doesn't adhere to existing canon.

Why does it have to be either? Comic books have different continuity universes, why not apply the same thing to Star Wars?

Universe A/1: Movies only.

Universe B/2: Movies and pre-Disney Expanded Universe (does not include The Clone Wars show)

Universe C/3: Movies and post-Disney Expanded Universe (including The Clone Wars and Rebels shows)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Why does it have to be either? Comic books have different continuity universes, why not apply the same thing to Star Wars?

Universe B/2: Movies and pre-Disney Expanded Universe (does not include The Clone Wars show)

Universe C/3: Movies and post-Disney Expanded Universe (including The Clone Wars and Rebels shows)

Universe D/4: PT, OT, EU, clone wars.

Unless I'm confused by the whole pre/post disney thing.

Universe D/4: PT, OT, EU, clone wars.

Unless I'm confused by the whole pre/post disney thing.

The Clone Wars (not Clone Wars, the name of another animated series) conflicted with some pre-established info from the Expanded Universe, so some people (including myself) didn't like it for that reason and ignored it. With Disney's buying of Star Wars and creating a new continuity that retconned all pieces of the Expanded Universe that conflicts with the movies or takes place after Return o the Jedi, The Clone Wars, or Rebels, I've personally taken to classify The Clone Wars as part of Disney's continuity and not part of the previous one. Doing so allows me to watch the show with ease and since watching it recently from Season 3 I've enjoyed it.

Anyway, this is incredibly off-topic, if you want to continue discussion we can take it to the Official Star Wars topic in Completely Off-Topic (forum name is quite fitting for this instance, hahah!).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just changed my display name in honour of the new Bionicle wave!

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

My name comes from... my name. It originated in the days of my very early youth on a cereal website or something; I was trying to come up with a cool name that sounded like "Dallin", my IRL name. I somehow came up with "Dallior", and I stuck with it. It's actually now one of my IRL nicknames (along with Dall-Pickle and Ghidora's Dilly-Dal).

I've gone through some variations of the name since. I've tried going with Dallior Nuva, Dallior08, and Dallior: Rahkshi Lord, but I just switched back to the classic since I felt it was about time.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

• 2 weeks later...