Is Tahu Start still Nuva?

The movie and comic representations were the TRUE representations of the characters.

The comic forms are the set forms -- very different in many cases from the movie forms. This is an odd statement.

All of the forms were representations. And keep in mind Greg has appealed to "the comic universe" and "the movie universe" explanations before. It seems like you're overthinking this to me. :shrugs: As to what the "true form" would be, it is often left up to fan imagination except for approximations. There's really no need to worry about it as in most cases it makes no difference.

As for what helps sell what, they both help both, but primarily it's about sets of course -- toy company.

The fact the answer bugs me is exactly because it is too concise as you say.

I don't think it is. It says the simple, obvious answer to the question the fan had asked. Making the same answer wordier wouldn't really convey any more relevant information, it would just take more time to write and read.

I suspect it only seems strange to you because you had for some reason assumed that (and made a big deal out of) the adaptive armor going away. That simply wasn't LEGO's intent and there's no logical reason to do it. (Ihe Ignika transforms life; it doesn't necessarily transform objects, although it could, but make Tahu weaker in an important final battle by taking away adaptive armor? Makes no sense.) But most fans wouldn't have made such an assumption and Greg is unlikely to be able to imagine that anybody would to anticipate your issue with the answer, as it seems random.

If his other answers (that fishers just mentioned) make a bit more of an effort to eplain this stuff I'd certainly be interested in hearing a little more than what seems very much like a 'not now I'm busy' answer from him!

Okay... then you can look through fishers' archive in the Greg Compendium on your own time. :P But it doesn't seem like that to me. "Not now" would be if he didn't answer the person's question, but he did.

My point is that it simply makes sense for Mata + Adaptive armour to be equal to something significantly more unusual than the Stars version we got. Especially considering how different Tahu Mist was from Tahu Nuva.

I'm still not seeing it. It still looks like a set-based argument, but I don't see how this could override the story logic here. The AA can be good for him in the battle, it can look like anything anyways so unlike most transformations there's no set-based reason to make it go away, and the Ignika wouldn't normally affect it anyways. Plus it can't get in the way for the golden armor.

Anyway, yeah... Also just to top it off. If Mata Nui could just fix the planet in the end of the story, couldn't he have done it in the beginning before the robot launched? Or am I messing my times up and the separation happened after he left?

This is way off-topic, but he needed to study other planets to make sure he'd do it right, and it couldn't be done right away as the moons needed time to stabilize first (exactly what the latter means is unclear, but the first makes sense, and it does make sense the moons/planet-remainder would need time to reach some kind of suitable state first, whatever that might be).

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Anyway, yeah... Also just to top it off. If Mata Nui could just fix the planet in the end of the story, couldn't he have done it in the beginning before the robot launched? Or am I messing my times up and the separation happened after he left?

This is way off-topic, but he needed to study other planets to make sure he'd do it right, and it couldn't be done right away as the moons needed time to stabilize first (exactly what the latter means is unclear, but the first makes sense, and it does make sense the moons/planet-remainder would need time to reach some kind of suitable state first, whatever that might be).

I think I might have an answer for that. The Shattering caused structural instability in the structure of the moons (plates fracturing, etc) and they needed a few thousand years of gravity to possibly fuse the rock back together or something to make them sturdier. If he had restored the planet right away, then all those fault lines or whatever you'd like to call them might have torn up even more from being forced to turn around and then getting smashed back into the main planet, potentially reducing them to rubble in the process.

Did that make sense? :P I hope it did, because I have no idea how else to explain it.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I think I might have an answer for that. The Shattering caused structural instability in the structure of the moons (plates fracturing, etc) and they needed a few thousand years of gravity to possibly fuse the rock back together or something to make them sturdier. If he had restored the planet right away, then all those fault lines or whatever you'd like to call them might have torn up even more from being forced to turn around and then getting smashed back into the main planet, potentially reducing them to rubble in the process.

Did that make sense? :P I hope it did, because I have no idea how else to explain it.

Wait...Didn't the planet reform almost instantly? 'Cause if I remember correctly, the gravity waves Makuta shot up into space caused Bota and Aqua Magna to come crashing back into Bara Magna, reforming Spherus Magna like clay. 

That's what I seen in the comic anyways.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Chasm, not sure what you're asking. What do you mean by "instantly"?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It reformed in a very brief amount of time. Better?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Once the process started with the Makuta's gravity, yeah. The discussion you were responding to was talking about the 100,000 year wait before Makuta and Mata Nui could reform the planet (i.e start the process).  

Edited by fishers64

Once the process started with the Makuta's gravity, yeah. The discussion you were responding to was talking about the 100,000 year wait before Makuta and Mata Nui could reform the planet (i.e start the process).  

Oh, I thought you were talking about what happened at the end of the story. Sorry for my intrusion. 

te0FrhT.jpg