Which Year Deserved a Movie?

aldero

Which Year Deserved a Movie?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Through Bionicle's decade-long run, we received four movies, each covering most of their respective years. But there were some years with such great potential that should have gotten a movie adaptation. 

Now, which year would be the most worthy for a film?

Edited by Professor Turnip

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

You should specify whether you want everyone to vote for only one choice or not, since that's a multi-choice poll. 

I went with 2006, the story was pretty cinematic in its structure already and suitably exciting. With all the different forms of media interpretation it had, it really was only missing a movie. My next choice would be 2007, but.. eh. A movie wouldn't really do it justice and it would be too in the middle, like, with 2006 being what leads into it and 2008 being the conclusion. If you do 2007, you really have to do the whole Mask of Life trilogy.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Thing is, if any of these years 'had' received a movie then the story structure would have to be completely restructured to account for the major events being condensed into a 70-80 min animation. :(

That said I vote 2010 because:

A. Any of the others would only be telling part of the story ie. if 07 got a film we'd be missing out on a lot of backstory and closure.

B. it's the big finaly. "Rock-em Sock-em Universbots" (but better).

2006. No contest.

However, I would change that answer in a heartbeat to 2007 just to see Matoro's sacrifice.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I personally liked 01 and was dissapointed with the first movie seing how much they changed it. Now that I think about it, I would've liked to see movies for: The quest for the masks, the bohrok swarms, and the bohrok-kal.

• Upvote 1

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

2006, directed by Guillermo del Toro with Mike Mignola as lead artist.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I think the whole Ignition trilogy would have made excellent movies. They were full of mystery, action, tragedy, comedy, adrenaline, and high stakes that would have got blood pumping. 

I chose 2007, just cause I think Matoro's sacrifice in feature-film format would have been pretty amazing.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I went with 2008. The final year would have been nice, though perhaps complex to introduce to those unfamiliar to the story.

I also think that the earlier years, 2001 and 2002, would have been fantastic as movies. However, I decided to not vote for either because at least they had some good animations.

• Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I went with 2010, siimply because if that year had gotten a film, well, it wouldn't have been Journey's End but the Valley of the Maze. And I certainly would have liked to have seen that trilogy completed. This isn't exactly consistent with the purposes of the poll, but ey, I'm sticking with it. 2010. 

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

2010. There really isn't a replacement for giant robots in CGI. 

They would have had to have set that up right with the Valley of the Maze, and maybe some history shots of Mata Nui's travels, but it could be done. Tahu and the Golden Armor would have to appear, and lots of suspense. 

• Upvote 1

They would have had to have set that up right with the Valley of the Maze, and maybe some history shots of Mata Nui's travels, but it could be done. Tahu and the Golden Armor would have to appear, and lots of suspense. 

Oh yeah. Upon reading your post and giving it more thought I probably would have gone with 2010. The Legend Reborn ended with a cliffhanger - obviously the sequel would not have been Journey's End if the franchise had not been cancelled prior, but I think it would have made an effective climactic finale. Robot battle in CG, return of fan-favourites and just an epic battle all around - even if it wasn't a very competent movie, it would have been memorable and offered closure to a lot of more "casual" fans.

Also I don't think 2006 would make a good direct-to-dvd family film but if they had adapted it into feature film for cinema it could have had a lot of potential.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Oh yeah. Upon reading your post and giving it more thought I probably would have gone with 2010. The Legend Reborn ended with a cliffhanger - obviously the sequel would not have been Journey's End if the franchise had not been cancelled prior, but I think it would have made an effective climactic finale. Robot battle in CG, return of fan-favourites and just an epic battle all around - even if it wasn't a very competent movie, it would have been memorable and offered closure to a lot of more "casual" fans.

I think it would've been great to have had a second movie that covered the events of Journey's End (perhaps using that as its title) released in early 2010 alongside the Stars (who would of course feature in the movie). That would've been a great ending to the line, I think.

Absolutely the quest for the masks in the first year. Am very surprised in fact to see it doesn't have more votes. If there was ever a point where the Mahri and Piraka were fighting each other then THAT but otherwise there are no years when I feel both heroes and villains were of a good enough quality to deserve a feature film. The original story with the mask-collecting, turaga and matoran people and the ongoing struggle against both the Rahi and Makuta? That could just be written in so many amazing and deep ways I think it could even warrant a trilogy!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I was torn between 2001, 2006, and 2010. But since 2010 had almost no media showing the giant robot fight, and 2001 already had MNOG, I chose 2010. Also, if Bionicle hadn't been declining in sales, 2010 WOULD have had a movie, which, if they had followed Greg Farshtey's story treatment, would have ended with a cliffhanger leading into 2011, which would have had BIO-MECHANICAL DINOSAURS. But yeah. Lego would never have made a movie for a theme that was about to be discontinued. But hey, there's hope for more Bionicle movies in the reboot... ;)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

My vote went to 2010. Its not my favorite year of Bionicle, but being able to see two robots millions of feet tall fighting while Toa, Skakdi, Glatorian, Skrall, and other species fight at their feet would've been really cool to see in a movie. So that is why it got my vote.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

2006 was such an epic year and was my personal favorite. I really wished it had gotten a movie. I really liked the darker, grittier story and it would have been fantastic onscreen.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

2006-Battle of Voya Nui

I voted for 2006 because, for one, that was supposed to be the next movie just after Web of Shadows. Also, the story, while interesting, was really the foundation for every year after. That being said, it could probably be presented as, per se, a major motion-picture more easily than most other years as it needs less background information to make sense. And, of course, it was also just an awesome story.

• Upvote 1

2006 was one of my favorite years of Bionicle. I was really disappointed when there was no movie because it would've been amazing!!! Seeing the quest for the Mask of Life as a movie trilogy would've been marginally more successful than the original trilogy.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 1 month later...

I was torn between 2001, 2006, and 2010. But since 2010 had almost no media showing the giant robot fight, and 2001 already had MNOG, I chose 2010. Also, if Bionicle hadn't been declining in sales, 2010 WOULD have had a movie, which, if they had followed Greg Farshtey's story treatment, would have ended with a cliffhanger leading into 2011, which would have had BIO-MECHANICAL DINOSAURS. But yeah. Lego would never have made a movie for a theme that was about to be discontinued. But hey, there's hope for more Bionicle movies in the reboot... ;)

2011 would lead into a whole Bota Magna story... wait a second. We could have seen an animated form of Vezon, the cursed Great Being, Artahka, Miserix, Tuyet, Helryx, Axonn, Brutaka, Hafu, Lewa and Kapura! All on Bota Magna... probably. Even better, 2012 would have given us a massive civil war between the Great Beings and... well... everyone else in the Bionicle Universe.

Such a shame that didn't play out.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I think 2006-2008 would have made a nice trilogy to wrap up the events unfolding in the Matoran Universe.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I would've loved to see a movie about 2001, but 2006 would also be really cool. You could tie in the Toa nuva from the first movie in it and it would be an awesome sequel to the first trilogy.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Thing is, if any of these years 'had' received a movie then the story structure would have to be completely restructured to account for the major events being condensed into a 70-80 min animation. :(

^this

MoL trashed the story for 2003 and WoS trashed the pacing of the books.

IF the movie would be good, I'd chose 2001/2002. The media those years is pretty scarce and a movie would help expand the story, universe and mythos form the early years

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.