Which Year Deserved a Movie?

aldero

Which Year Deserved a Movie?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 2007 but I really want movies for both 2006 and 2007 to tell the complete story of the Inika. It would be an epic two part story ending in the fantastic and touching death of Matoro (in my opinion, the saddest but greatest moment in Bionicle's history). The characters are interesting, the environments have potential to be interesting and be explored more, and the story can be changed to work as a film. I'd like their titles to be Ignition and Ignition: Going Under (I came up with the second title on the fly, so I don't know what it should really be, feel free to make your own suggestions for the second part!).

I voted 2007 but I really want movies for both 2006 and 2007 to tell the complete story of the Inika. It would be an epic two part story ending in the fantastic and touching death of Matoro (in my opinion, the saddest but greatest moment in Bionicle's history). The characters are interesting, the environments have potential to be interesting and be explored more, and the story can be changed to work as a film. I'd like their titles to be Ignition and Ignition: Going Under (I came up with the second title on the fly, so I don't know what it should really be, feel free to make your own suggestions for the second part!).

Then Ignition:Battle of Skies

cringe

Interesting! I quite like that title, but Ignition would be over by then since Mata-Nui's life was saved and the Ignition series ended... though would Mata-Nui rising count as ignition?

There should be a topic opened up for title ideas if there was a movie for each year!

Edited by Banana Gunz

Interesting! I quite like that title, but Ignition would be over by then since Mata-Nui's life was saved and the Ignition series ended... though would Mata-Nui rising count as ignition?

There should be a topic opened up for title ideas if there was a movie for each year!

No. 2006, 2007, and 2008 is the Ignition trilogy. 

cringe

No. 2006, 2007, and 2008 is the Ignition trilogy. 

Oh, really!? Oh, this is excellent, there can be a trilogy now!

2006. No contest.

However, I would change that answer in a heartbeat to 2007 just to see Matoro's sacrifice.

LOL why would you want to see that? It'd be such a sad ending to the movie.

06 or 08, the former because there was so much potential, and 2008 because of the stakes, and the ending makes a perfect cliffhanger.

heropose.png

Credit to Smooth! for HeroPose banner!

This member is all-out awesome! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=*

Check out my epic! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6617237

I find it slightly odd to see people alternating between 2006 and 2007 given that they're essentially two halves of one section of story, rather than handling different casts and settings in the way that, say, 2003 and 2004 are.

Drop the Nuva and possibly the Axonn/Brutaka subplot, and 2006-7 would be short enough for one movie.

Every option. But I have to stay loyal to nostalgia - I choose Quest for the Masks. Still, I would love to see every story get a shot at it. And I would absolutely love to see a cartoon/anime style episodic show for the entire series - starting from the very beginning. :)

2008 - ignoring the fact that it'd have needed other movies prior to it to explain the previous two years for it to be good IMO. That being said 2007 probably my second choice because I really liked the villains characters that year and think would work well as a movie.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

2006. We would've seen Tahu and the others again, maybe even using the same character models they had in Mask of Light with a bit of touching up, Jaller, Hahli and the others in Matoran form, CRAZY new landscapes with an apocalyptic tone, giving us glimpses into the true nature of the Matoran's world they'd built up in those later years, plenty of chances for crazy action, dramatic music, deliciously twisted villains, the works. If nothing else, it would've been fun as all heck.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Voya Nui all the way. As long as they made it dark. A lot of people didn't like the comics from then from their style, but I loved them for their... brutality, in a way. That's how the movie should have been.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Voya Nui all the way. As long as they made it dark. A lot of people didn't like the comics from then from their style, but I loved them for their... brutality, in a way. That's how the movie should have been.

Man, can you imagine seeing Tahu getting stabbed in the gut by Zaktan's blade on screen? Or Brutaka taking out all of the Toa Nuva at once? Or hearing murmurs of Makuta's voice while Zaktan strokes the antidermis vat, entranced by the evil power? Or seeing Makuta's old lair again in a quick, minute and a half or so flashback? So many opportunities for crazy, awesome scenes.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Man, can you imagine seeing Tahu getting stabbed in the gut by Zaktan's blade on screen? Or Brutaka taking out all of the Toa Nuva at once? Or hearing murmurs of Makuta's voice while Zaktan strokes the antidermis vat, entranced by the evil power? Or seeing Makuta's old lair again in a quick, minute and a half or so flashback? So many opportunities for crazy, awesome scenes.

Yesssssss all of those and more.

Axxon smashing the antidermis with the screams of terror and pain of Makuta in the background.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

2006. ALthough 2007, 2001 and 2002 would have been good to.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Actually, how about a reign of shadows movie?

The Toa are split up - Makuta rules the universe. There are no longer friends or enemies when you're trying to survive in a universe that's trying to kill you. 

Yes. I have always dreamed of it. I would want it to come to the big screen- Bionicle: Reign of Shadows rated PG 13

cringe

Actually, how about a reign of shadows movie?

The Toa are split up - Makuta rules the universe. There are no longer friends or enemies when you're trying to survive in a universe that's trying to kill you. 

Yes. I have always dreamed of it. I would want it to come to the big screen- Bionicle: Reign of Shadows rated PG 13

It could have a line of sets too, including the Toa, new Rahkshi, and some people like Lariska and other Dark Hunters which allied with the Toa.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Well, going from a production standpoint, if they had done 2006 then they could have reused the Toa Nuva models (albeit with a little polishing) for the movie, which would have saved some money. Plus, if 2006 had gotten a movie that did well, then we would have most likely seen 2007

In my own personal opinion, the Ignition arc would have done really well as a series. Fans of the old Bionicle were starting to get into other 'dark, edgy' shows, so introducing the movie with a but more maturity in the writing and possibly some better animation would have integrated well, too

Or we could have a full-fledged Bionicle anime film, a la Rebuild of Evangelion style

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

One of the years of the Ignition trilogy should have had a year.

2006 would have been amazing. Nuff' Said.

2007 would have made me cry with Matoro's death being portrayed in a film.

2008 could have had some cool bits with the Phantoka soaring through the sky or the Mistika in the Swamp of Secrets.

I went for 2006.

Then again, 2001 and 2002 could have had some good films leading up to Mask of Light.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I would have loved to see a movie against the Bohrok. Yes it was cool they were in the MoL, but imagine the Toa fighting armies of them! 

And of course Voya Nui is popular, and my second choice. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

2006, 2007, and 2008 are the obvious choices, yet, if you do one, you really have to do them all. 2006 leaves a giant cliffhanger on the end, and doing 2007 would be like doing The Two Towers without The Fellowship of the Ring or The Return of the King, but 2008 could work as a standalone flick with some extraneous exposition.

But really, the only thing I care about is who would score it. :P

• Upvote 1

I agree, the Ignika quest would have been a great 2 parter for a film, like you I'd particularly love a Mahri film which could possibly even include flashbacks to the Barraki's life before being mutated?

B9jyQ_9IIAIinc0.png

I wonder, how would a 2006 movie best be made? The way I see it, either you could show the backstory leading up to the Toa Inika, or you could leave it out. The problem is that both are kind of bad ideas. If you don't give any backstory to them, new fans will be okay with it, but old fans will be totally confused by why Jaller and Hahli are Toa. If you do show the backstory, then old fans get to see Jaller and Hahli as Matoran, Takanuva, the Toa Nuva and the Turaga, and learn why their masks change, but new fans will be lost as to who these people are and why they matter. Not to mention that Karzahni has a distant background role in the story and didn't even have a set at the time.

I guess a compromise would be a quick montage of the Turaga telling the Matoran not to worry, Nokama revealing the truth, the Inika squad leaving the city, getting their masks changed, and then getting into the canisters. 

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

• 2 weeks later...

I thinnk 2001-2002 would have been epic, just think, an introduction to the characters, but think, how epic would the bohrok have been as a true army, I mean, you've got the bohrok (like soldiers) the bohrok va, who are like field medics, and bohrok kal, (elite bohrok) and the bahrag, a pair of symbiotic beasts that tower over the toa, the bohrok don't care to hurt you, they re destroying your resources, however, if you get in the way they will destroy you, or take control of you, the bohrok va, will recover any downed bohrok by providing them with new krana, the bohrok kal control two elements, and can reactivate the bahrag if needed, and know how to strip you of your elemental power, it's actually terrifying to think of, plus the bohrok are impervious when rolled in a ball so...

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

It's important to note, too, that the movies didn't necessarily follow the story lines; for 2004/2005 there was a novelization written up for the both of them in order to have a story that fit what the movie was telling. The novel and comic stories just didn't make it into the movies, so any changes proposed to the actual storyline here are all fair game

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

The Ignition Trilogy and Bara Magna (including a redo of TLR). They would have to be detailed (not executed like previous movies) and be more than just 5 movies in order to, again, fill in all the details and present relevant side-stories in a fluid and mature manner. If executed correctly, we could very well have this century's equivalent of Star Wars. After being completed, stand-alone works could be done on irrelevant side-stories such Takua's trans-dimensional adventures, Brothers in Arms, Sahmad's Tale, and the Toa Nuva's quest while Jaller's team is busy with the Mask of Life and could lead into Karda Nui, and others. IMO, Mata Nui island stories are okay but a bit overrated; for all I care they could be made into movies, or not (animated series would suit these better). Maybe, some parts could be made into separate but connected animated series.

For the sake of the poll, I chose 2006, as it kick-starts the story for the rest of Bionicle.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I wonder, how would a 2006 movie best be made? The way I see it, either you could show the backstory leading up to the Toa Inika, or you could leave it out. The problem is that both are kind of bad ideas. If you don't give any backstory to them, new fans will be okay with it, but old fans will be totally confused by why Jaller and Hahli are Toa. If you do show the backstory, then old fans get to see Jaller and Hahli as Matoran, Takanuva, the Toa Nuva and the Turaga, and learn why their masks change, but new fans will be lost as to who these people are and why they matter. Not to mention that Karzahni has a distant background role in the story and didn't even have a set at the time.

I guess a compromise would be a quick montage of the Turaga telling the Matoran not to worry, Nokama revealing the truth, the Inika squad leaving the city, getting their masks changed, and then getting into the canisters. 

Yeah, a quick montage would probably be the best option as I don't think the whole Karzahni subplot added much to the story.  And while this fictitious movie could easily play out without them actually encountering the Toa Nuva, I think that would be an interesting scene to have play out: they were once helpless villagers and now they're the ones saving their heroes.