who is the ultimate fan?

bohrokman

I want to do a contest like thing to find out who is the ultimate bionic fan. If you want to participate here are my rules: write a pharagraph explaining why you are the best bionic fan, it should include how many sets you own, why you are the best fan (duh) and examples of your fanness.

Post your entries in the comments. the prize will be overall fame and glory. 

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I haven't tried this out, but I think if I glued a lot of those brutaka swords to my hands and started waving them around, I think, I could be a pretty good....Bionicle...fan...I....I...

I was gonna apologize for that joke but nevermind, I'm sticking with it. farmstink buttlass for best bionicle fan 2015! vote for me!  (i don't think we're voting...?)

• Upvote 12

AXKP5KC.png

Nobody is 'the ultimate fan' as nobody has a copy of BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata-Nui, but that is simply my opinion.

Well, Mask Collector has the Platinum Avohkii, so he comes close.

Anyway, I have a mental record of the build of every set in my collection (about 75% of the sets produced, not counting promotionals and supplemental buckets), and pretty much all of BS01 crammed into my head. I think that's gotta count for something. :P

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I was never a big fan of the "This is better suited for the Blogs; go buy Premier Membership" topic closures. So I'm going to give this topic a chance, hoping that there is no harm in a little fun. Just use your judgment when it comes to spam and do your best to avoid it.

Anyway. I probably never even scored higher than a 40% on the old Ultimate Quizzes that BZPower had. I'm not the ultimate fan, but I am indeed a fan nonetheless, and to me that's all that matters. : P

• Upvote 3

I'm interested and know a lot about the story, but I don't own an insane amount of sets.

If there is one supreme fanboy who can list the Rahkshi powers off by heart and owns every single set, it's not me.

• Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

The ultimate Bionicle fan was inside us all along.

So the ultimate fan is a skeleton?

Why yes. Absolutely. :P 

:P

Huge :P. But you totally set that one up. :P

As for me, the only awards I'll be in the running for are "time and dedication: 2010-2014" category. :P I don't have acres of plastic, but I do know my story stuff well enough to get by (finally read those comics, took me long enough lol).

But alas, I think the only valid definition of the "ultimate fan" is everybody who is dedicated to Bionicle in some way. Everyone from the kid who has every set and the Platinum Avohkii to the kid in the run-down apartment who diligently collected every Bionicle comic and saved every dime that they picked up on the street to one day afford the smallest of sets. The term "dedication" can mean so many things to so many people. There's the kind of dedication to memorizing/improving BS01, or starting a new Bionicle website for other people, or writing pages of fanfiction, or MoCing, or even just logging into a fansite nearly every day just to keep the theme alive and talk. Different aspects. Throw them all together, and you get some version of the ultimate. Only when you combine all of that together do you get the ULTIMATE result, the most dedication, the most fanaticism.

Which is what Lynchir said, sans my roundabout clutter and rambling.  

• Upvote 2

Certainly not me. But I don't really think it is possible to determine the #1 fan. It could be MC, who spent 15000 dollars on the platinum Avohkii. Or the person most obsessed with the story (Bonseii). Or the person with the most parts or sets.

I haven't tried this out, but I think if I glued a lot of those brutaka swords to my hands and started waving them around, I think, I could be a pretty good....Bionicle...fan...I....I...

I'd vote for you. Not only would you be the best Bionicle fan, but you'd be the ONLY Bionicle fan!

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

I want to do a contest like thing to find out who is the ultimate bionic fan.

A bionic fan? I was expecting a Bionicle related thread, so I guess I'll have to readjust my thinking here. Hmmm....

Anyway, I think I'm the bigger, better, best Bionicle fan out there!

If you want to participate here are my rules: write a pharagraph explaining why you are the best bionic fan, it should include how many sets you own, why you are the best fan (duh) and examples of your fanness.

Oh shoot, there's a catch! Looks like I have to write a paragraph.

Well, I'm the best Bionicle fan because I own, like, 20-30 sets? I'm not really sure since they're all in pieces. I think I'm the best fan because I'm the only guy who's bothered to at least try to make a soundtrack of the film trilogy (check my sig, yo). I'm also the best fan because I once dreamt about a Bionicle. Bionicle has such a powerful hold over me that even my subconscious is affected. And I don't mean to brag, but no one has never told me that I'm not the best fan, so that's something to consider as well.

So the ultimate fan is a skeleton?

Ah-ha! Someone else thinks I'm the biggest fan too.

• Upvote 3

Nobody is 'the ultimate fan' as nobody has a copy of BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata-Nui, but that is simply my opinion.

I want to get my programmer hands on that thing to kill the bugs out of it and play it during the rest of my life...

On Topic: I'm the ultimate fan because I'm planning to name my child Takua if is a boy or Helryx in case is a girl.

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I want to get my programmer hands on that thing to kill the bugs out of it and play it during the rest of my life...

On Topic: I'm the ultimate fan because I'm planning to name my child Takua if is a boy or Helryx in case is a girl.

Real talk that doesn't make you an ultimate fan, it just makes you a bad parent. Kids aren't pets, you!

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

Who's the guy who set up/is setting up the BIONICLE Museum? He's/She's got to be right up there.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Who's the guy who set up/is setting up the BIONICLE Museum? He's/She's got to be right up there.

Wasn't that Mask collector? He is the owner of the rarest item in all of BIONICLE, so any museum would be incomplete without it.

I believe it is Mask Collector that was doing that. Though I hadn't seen him on the forum in a while. (Unless he changed his username and I didn't notice.)

Anyways, I like to think we are all fans of Bionicle are 'ultimate' fans in their own individual ways. Some make great MOCs. Others know a lot about the official storyline. And some that are fans in ways that I probably couldn't think of by myself. So in a way, we are all 'ultimate' fans of Bionicle. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well I was the one who could be bothered writing out the names of every Bionicle set that was released in existence (as soon as you find proof of the Piraka Kaita you can correct me) to find the best one and have basicly got BS01 inside of my head. I also have spent hundreds building, playing or reading about the lore. Though I don't think that it is possible to find the biggest one....

I am opening a bionicle museum yes, it's now officially called "The Bionicle Archives" just to clear up any confusion.

On topic though, I think the biggest fans are the ones who go out of there way to do something amazing, like awesome mocs that people send to events, and art, and people's massive collections, the fan fiction... and so on. In our own way, we are all the ultimate Bionicle fan.

MC

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

A lot of dedicated fans btw I think I should once we get enough entries narrow it down to 10 people then vote

This isn't really going to work you know.

If you really do insist on trying this out, then make separate topics for each category, and setup some more visible rules. Give a deadline, and then select 10 from each category, and create a poll for each category. The only issue is that people would vote for themselves, which is why this won't work.

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

A lot of dedicated fans btw I think I should once we get enough entries narrow it down to 10 people then vote

This isn't really going to work you know.If you really do insist on trying this out, then make separate topics for each category, and setup some more visible rules. Give a deadline, and then select 10 from each category, and create a poll for each category. The only issue is that people would vote for themselves, which is why this won't work.

Not sure what you mean by different catagories but deadline is jan7

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

This isn't really going to work you know.If you really do insist on trying this out, then make separate topics for each category, and setup some more visible rules. Give a deadline, and then select 10 from each category, and create a poll for each category. The only issue is that people would vote for themselves, which is why this won't work.

Not sure what you mean by different catagories but deadline is jan7

Like, fanfics, story knowledge, collection size and value, etc.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

By sets, I'd say I'm above amateur. By knowledge, maybe above average. But I'd say we're all great fans and it doesn't matter who's the best. That's my opinion.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!