Difference between Protector mask and standard Villager mask

Alright, so after doing some research, I discovered the Protector's masks are slightly different from the other villagers, as in the Protector's elemental masks have two tones.

My question is, do standard villager masks have limited elemental power? Or are they powerless?

I imagine that a standard villager mask would have a small bit of elemental power, but it would be weaker than the Protector's elemental masks.

What are your thoughts on this? Any other theories?

• Upvote 2

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

I agree that they are most likely powerless. Or, the masks could be like the elemental power of Toa, turaga, and Av-Matoran.

Toa have full control over their powers--the G2 Master Masks might be on this level.

Turaga have limited control over their elemental power--Protector masks on this level.

Av-Matoran (and Kra-Matoran) could fire weak bolts of light (or shadow) out of their hands--Villager masks might be like this.

But, if that isn't the case, then I'd just go with powerless.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I agree that they are most likely powerless. Or, the masks could be like the elemental power of Toa, turaga, and Av-Matoran.

Toa have full control over their powers--the G2 Master Masks might be on this level.

Turaga have limited control over their elemental power--Protector masks on this level.

Av-Matoran (and Kra-Matoran) could fire weak bolts of light (or shadow) out of their hands--Villager masks might be like this.

It seems to be implied that all the Masks made by Ekimu and Makuta had at least some power in them.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

It seems to be implied that all the Masks made by Ekimu and Makuta had at least some power in them.

If that's the case, then I stand by my theory that Villager masks have Av-Matoran-level power, just so that they have some sort of defense against enemies.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

My guess is that it's a similar case to the Matoran in G1: regular villager masks have some elemental power, but it's only enough to give the mask an affiliation with the element. The masks worn by the Protectors have more elemental energy in them, which is why they have a second transparent color mixed in. This extra energy gives the Protectors some control over their element, but it doesn't really compare to the Toa/Masters' masks.

• Upvote 3

I imagine standard Villager masks are powerless, but they retain elemental resistance/advantages from their respective tribe, much like the Matora (ta-matoran resistant to heat)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

The interesting question this raises: If a villager wears the mask of a different element, will their elemental traits switch to that element's? Or a Protector, or a Toa, for that matter?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The interesting question this raises: If a villager wears the mask of a different element, will their elemental traits switch to that element's? Or a Protector, or a Toa, for that matter?

Not sure about either. It's not clear yet whether their power comes from the masks, or from them (In the Toa's case, that is). However, from what little we know, I'm going to guess that they would gain the powers of the new mask.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~