Polybag Possibilities

Regitnui

Everybody agrees that Two-kua (Gen 2 Takua AKA Baby Fire Villager) should be a set at some point, but what else could TLC put into a promo parts bag to get us to spend more money on unrelated objects?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a more 'lieutentant'-level skull spider, with a simple CCBS body and Av-Matoran limbs for legs.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Personally, I wouldn't mind a more 'lieutentant'-level skull spider, with a simple CCBS body and Av-Matoran limbs for legs.

Careful. I understand some people on here aren't fans of those. :P

Anyway, I think it's kinda hard to say at this point. We haven't even gotten a chance to fully dive into this new world of BIONICLE. Seeing as we know little about the world and its inhabitants, I can't say for sure what I'd want to see in a polybag. We have just one wave of sets to go off of at this point.

For example, with HF, a cool polybag (I think) would have contained Zib or Quadal, characters introduced in the TV series after the official launch of the theme. 

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Or similarly bent legs.

I'm aware that we haven't seen much, but that's why it's called possibilities rather than probabilities.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Or similarly bent legs.

I'm aware that we haven't seen much, but that's why it's called possibilities rather than probabilities.

That's just it. We don't know what we have in the realm of possibilities. We've only seen three races (Masters, Protectors, and skull spiders), and little of the environment.

Although, for the sake of the topic, I'll give an idea or two.

1. thematic stands for the Masks of Power (i.e. a vine-shrouded shrine for Lewa's, a crystal-encrusted rocky one for Onua, a desert-ruins one for Pohatu, etc.)

2. Children from the other villages (we've seen a Fire-child, so why not a Jungle- or Earth-child?)

3. New variations of skull spiders (red or purple)

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

But Nidhiki, the original good guy was therefor me, when I needed him most  :(

That's just it. We don't know what we have in the realm of possibilities. We've only seen three races (Masters, Protectors, and skull spiders), and little of the environment.

I agree, Lego haven't given us a lot to go on about gen2 Bionicle, unlike gen1 Bionicle with the Mata Nui Online Game.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

If we were to see a polybag set, it would be unlikely to include any brand-new or retired parts, so pre-bent limbs are right out.

I think a simple villager could possibly be sold as a polybag set, provided they didn't have an elaborate weapon like the Protectors or a Skull Spider.

I'd also love the possibility of small creature sets like the Fikou from old-school BIONICLE or this Hero Factory polybag.

Accessory packs (with masks or weapons) are also a possibility but to be honest I'd much rather have actual figures that help populate the BIONICLE world.

I wouldn't mind the Baby Fire Villager being a ploybag set. Or maybe another baby villager from another section of Okoto, becauseI would think that they would have babies in those sections too. Either way, if they made it as cute as the Baby Villager in the first story episode, I think it would be very popular among Bionicle fans. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

To me it seems like a bag with a Skull Spider (possibly the stinger variety, or of a different color) and maybe a mask or weapon or two is the most likely course, taking cues from the Hero Factory black brain slug polybag. The black brain added a cool recolored piece to the mix so I think it'd be neat if they did the same thing for the Skull Spider.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Masks. I have nothing else to say. Masks.

Well, recolored masks, since they can't introduce new molds in polybags.

But I can't see that working. People would riot ask LEGO to make the other masks in other colors.

That's why different color/build of Skull Spider would be good for promotional polybags. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I made a little Ga-Matoran out of CCBS parts. It had about 17 pieces (less than the HF Villains Minimodel and it uses similar parts to it). Just add limbs, shells, hands and a head(+mask). BAM. Instant Matoran.

#goodguy2015

#badguy2015

-NotS

YES. This and Protector of Fire Jr. NEED to become polybag sets. :P

Maybe Mini-Good Guy is a little red villager dude and you can ask the Gen 2 alternative of Greg to canonize it as PoF Jr. :P

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Anyway, I think it's kinda hard to say at this point. We haven't even gotten a chance to fully dive into this new world of BIONICLE. Seeing as we know little about the world and its inhabitants, I can't say for sure what I'd want to see in a polybag. We have just one wave of sets to go off of at this point.

For example, with HF, a cool polybag (I think) would have contained Zib or Quadal, characters introduced in the TV series after the official launch of the theme. 

Zib or Quadal polybag? I would have loved one of those. I recently watched some episodes of the Hero Factory show, and I was really starting to like Zib.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get the red Skull Spider shown in the comics. I think a polybag would be a great way to distribute it, as mentioned in the above comments. Recolors of the Toa Masks shouldn't be released in the form of polybags, because then we would only get one or two recolors...plus that's a little boring. I don't think we will see Rahi/wildlife sets, because there is no obvious connection to the other Bionicle sets, and that would deter casual buyers who aren't aware of the story. A couple of enhanced weapons could be neat (like some beefed up Stormarangs, or a bigger spear/sword for Kopaka), but the only thing I really want to see happen is Skull Spider recolors. Preferably Metru Red and black.

As for the child Protector idea, I am not opposed to it, but it would certainly look like a less interesting Protector of Fire, and it would probably only use parts from the PoF set. I think there are much more interesting ideas to use instead. Plus, there is no way it would have its signature big blue eyes, which would make it kind of bland.

IetTsFQ.png

I made a little Ga-Matoran out of CCBS parts. It had about 17 pieces (less than the HF Villains Minimodel and it uses similar parts to it). Just add limbs, shells, hands and a head(+mask). BAM. Instant Matoran.

#goodguy2015

#badguy2015

-NotS

Maybe Mini-Good Guy is a little red villager dude and you can ask the Gen 2 alternative of Greg to canonize it as PoF Jr. :P

Can Greg even do that?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

#goodguy2015

#badguy2015

-NotS

Can Greg even do that?

No, I'm pretty sure they were joking. Greg can't canonize anything about the new story unless he actually becomes involved in it, and so far it seems like that's not going to be the case any time soon.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That'd actually be a good 'small set', with a Fire villager manning the turret. The best part is that you could take off the Fire villager, and as long as it's simpler and shorter than PoF, we can call him Two-Kua.

That'd actually be a good 'small set', with a Fire villager manning the turret. The best part is that you could take off the Fire villager, and as long as it's simpler and shorter than PoF, we can call him Two-Kua.

Why don't we just make two-kua into a polybag? Job done.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

#goodguy2015

#badguy2015

-NotS

Can Greg even do that?

No, I'm pretty sure they were joking. Greg can't canonize anything about the new story unless he actually becomes involved in it, and so far it seems like that's not going to be the case any time soon.

I was joking yeah. But I meant the Gen 2 equivalent to Greg, A.K.A whichever dude decides to canonize Gen 2 stuff.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

A new color of a skull spider definitely seems interesting.  That said, it's a bit small for a polybag, so I'm gonna have to say Two-kua.  He definitely seems like a fan-favorite by this point, so releasing him would make perfect sense.

Or maybe just release the aforementioned two together!

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

That'd either result in 1. an extremely tiny and not-that-well-built villager or 2. a $10 polybag.

I think the turret with spider is the most practical suggestion so far, because it wouldn't use any exclusive molds and would keep with the conflict-in-a-bag theme that LEGO goes for.

I don't think we're ever going to see the little fire villager in set form, because it's basically just a shrunken character model of the adult villagers. A set representation is never going to be as cute as the animated version because the pieces don't exist in those proportions.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Why would a Hanhah Crab have a Cordak Blaster?

I'll post a picture of a polybag set idea in a second.

• Upvote 3