Headcanons

JMSOG

From Wiktionary:

Noun
headcanon (plural headcanons)
(fandom slang) Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon.

I've noticed that when topics of canonization come up, the importance of people's personal headcanons tend to be a major factor in the discussion.

It got me thinking...people's headcanons can shine a very different light on the story we all know and love. They could be essential to some people's experience of the story, and could take away a lot of meaning for a given person if directly contested.

So, very simple question...what headcanons do you tend to follow?

Personally, I like the idea of Nuju being the one to go "darth vader" in 2005 as opposed to Vakama. I think it adds a very different context to the scene where he and vakama speak at the begining of Maze of Shadows.

(90% sure this is allowed/in the right forum...If not, my apologies)

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

My headcanon is that headcanons aren't canon. But isn't that already canon?

• Upvote 13

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Oh boy, list time!

I like to think:

• Agori/Glatorian do not live for thousands of years,
  • Protodermis makes up only the inorganic portions of the universe,
  • Matoran are of mixed gender ratio throughout tribes,
  • Several characters who were "male" in canon are "female"
  • over 50% of my memory of the ignition arc is made up in my head,
  • Krika isn't dead,
  • Psionics isn't an element,
  • Annona's appearance, (the being is also genderless in my view)
  • The skrall being a "boys only" kinda deal is dumb, i ignore it.

Maybe i missed some stuff, but that's all the important junk i'd like to think as different. :u

• Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

*Cough*

- Matoran tribes are gender-dominant, not gender-exclusive. The Ta-, Nu- and Po- Tribes are two-thirds male-dominant, and the Ga-, Le- and Ko- tribes are two-thirds female-dominant. As for who is canonically gender-swapped; the appropriate members of the Mata and a few minor matoran.

- Both MU and Spherus Magna species have a more natural lifespan; MU creatures (unless legendary) last about 300-400 years, the more organic creatures on Spherus Magna last maximum 250.

- The Makuta cannot create rahkshi with passive powers and inherent biological abilities. e.g. Shapeshifting, Dodge and Heat Vision are all inherent to the Makuta and cannot be passed on. As a corollary, a Makuta creating a certain Kraata loses the power the Kraata has, forcing them to reabsorb the Kraata or wait until it's death to regain its ability.

- Only named species exist in the MU except for Ehlek's unnamed species, which is relatively unique.

- Only Matoran-related species, Makuta and Ehlekians can use Kanohi.

- Tahu was never devolved by the Ignika. He remains Nuva with the Golden Armour replacing the previously silver parts of his armour.

- Rahi are slowly outcompeting Spherus Magna's wildlife, as they can drain nutrition from food without ruining the food; Spherus Magna's animals are not able to tell the nutritious food from the drained, and slowly starve to death.

- The GB are related to the Agori species, and are responsible for many of the other living species on Spherus Magna, not just the Vorox and Zesk.

I can come up with more later.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't have many, really. Always found headcanons a little weird; I mean, different interpretations for fanfictions is one thing (plenty of those floating around in my head) but headcanon is oftentimes a direct refutation of the story as presented. It's fine not to like something, but I never understood pretending that it didn't happen.

(This is probably an unpopular opinion)

If I had to say anything, it's probably that Hydraxon is actually MORE powerful when you strip him down to just a single blade, because he gets faster and more agile the more weapons he expends. Plus it makes the set look cool.

(oh also Karzahni isn't dead, the corpse was fake, and he will have a second showdown with Artakha)

• Upvote 6

my headcanons include, but are not limited to:

• fixed gender ratios for Matoran/Toa/Turaga, Glatorian, Agori, and maybe even Skrall
  • the MU is not made entirely of protodermis
  • the entire timeline is 1/10th of its canonical size (except for the parts detailed in the main story)
  • as many gender (and transgender) headcanons as i see fit, which i don't really feel like detailing here because the list is constantly growing and i know that someone would come along and start an argument about them
  • probably more but i can't think of them right now
  • Upvote 4

MNOG masks are the correct masks the Matoran wore.

Plantlife and Sonics are composed of females - Krakua gets Orde treatment.

Ignore gender-swaps at all means.

Roodaka is interested in women - Don't wanna try to fight possible filters.

There are many more Toa around than the story told in the end.

Skakdi have three-clawed feet opposed to the flippers some of the sets have.

I think that's all. I don't really see the point in changing the genders of defined characters. Maybe someone like Tamaru and Tuyet, but not for example Onua or Kopaka.

Edited by Rider Of Spiders

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

• Krika isn't dead,

That's not headcanon at all.

Headcanon is stuff that you infer from the story, not stuff you want changed.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 7

• Krika isn't dead,

JMSOG quoted the official definition of 'headcanon' in the original post, which differs from what you said, but sure, okay. argue against people's headcanons (which, i might add, don't affect you) under the pretense of correcting them on the definition of the word. definitely makes you look good.

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 5

I don't have very many headcanons. I have a non-interference policy for those, though. If my headcanon doesn't interfere with any key elements been established/allowed by the LEGO company as official canon, then I go with it. I do it this way because I find little fault with how the story was set up and played out. Why change it? :P

I suppose I can give an example or two:

• Due to the fact that they look nothing alike, TSO and Ancient are not exactly of the same species (Ancient may be a sub-species of TSO's race, the way Kahu are a breed of Gukko)
  • the four-armed member of the OoMN is of Nocturn's race.
  • The Ignika formed a Toa body for Mata Nui, rather than a Glatorian one.
  • Krahka and Keetongu's species were not wiped out entirely
  • Toa Power DOES recharge, but much slower than Elemental Power.
  • And finally, one last zamor sphere containing Teridax's essence survived, but it's incredibly weak and he has no way to regain strength. :P

On the mention of the Skrall being a "boys-only club"--it's not dumb. They're a different culture. Society works different for them because that's how they work. The Sisters of the Skrall don't seem to have a problem with it; in fact, they seem to enjoy being separate from their brutish brethren.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• Krika isn't dead,

JMSOG quoted the official definition of 'headcanon' in the original post, which differs from what you said, but sure, okay. argue against people's headcanons (which, i might add, don't affect you) under the pretense of correcting them on the definition of the word. definitely makes you look good.

Wow, you sure were quick to tell me how much of a jerk I am. I'm not arguing against Lalonde's headcanons specifically. And for what it's worth, your headcanons aren't "valid" headcanons either.

What I said does not contradict the definition. Read it carefully:

Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon.

Note, now, that it does not say that headcanon replaces existing canon. I can have headcanon that says Matoro hates potatoes, and it's valid headcanon because there's nothing to necessarily contradict it (that's not a real headcanon of mine, though :P). Someone else can have a headcanon that says Matoro loves potatoes, and that's just as valid as mine.

Regitnui, T1S, and Dorek have the right idea with their own headcanons. They're not replacing canon, but adding on to it in their own way.

• Upvote 7

whoa, okay. sorry if i stepped on some sacred ground or something with my outrageous ideas, such as a mortal ackar or a living krika.

it's just sometimes bionicle gets a little... odd, and i feel it flows better if certain things are excused, (anyone remember how botar died only to be replaced by an exact duplicate of him?)

I'm certainly not expecting anyone but me to take up these headcanons, and you're free to imagine as many dead krikas as fits your fancy. :t

• Upvote 2

whoa, okay. sorry if i stepped on some sacred ground or something with my outrageous ideas, such as a mortal ackar or a living krika.

Oh, please don't try to make me out as the bad guy.

This is a thread of headcanons. There is a correct definition of headcanon and a wrong one. Contradicting and ignoring aspects of canon makes it fan fiction. It's a fine line between the two, but it's there. All I'm doing is telling you that your idea of what headcanon is is mistaken.

I never insulted your ideas and I never told you you were disturbing "holy ground". I'm just telling you that what you wrote isn't necessarily headcanon. Honestly, I agree with a lot of what you say; I think it's silly to have characters with massive lifespans, and I still feel bad that Krika bit the dust in such a horrid way, especially considering he was the only Makuta left with any common sense.

Feel free to make your own thread titled "What do you wish was changed in Bionicle?", and they'd be better suited there.

One headcanon I have is that it isn't necessarily "destiny" that determines your fate if you step in Energized Protodermis (especially since it's actually sentient).

• Upvote 4

it's just sometimes bionicle gets a little... odd, and i feel it flows better if certain things are excused, (anyone remember how botar died only to be replaced by an exact duplicate of him?)

Well, when you have multiple members of a species, with a special talent for teleporting anywhere, I don't see why they wouldn't recruit another. Someone like that sounds incredibly useful.

• Upvote 2

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Well, when you have multiple members of a species, with a special talent for teleporting anywhere, I don't see why they wouldn't recruit another. Someone like that sounds incredibly useful.

Exactly why it was silly to kill botar, he didn't have much character to begin with, so why make his "replacement" a perfect duplicate, down to the description? (i digress)

• Upvote 1

Exactly why it was silly to kill botar, he didn't have much character to begin with, so why make his "replacement" a perfect duplicate, down to the description? (i digress)

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that makes sense. Just another thing that makes me wish we'd had more time to meet more of the characters up close and personal.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Wow, you sure were quick to tell me how much of a jerk I am. I'm not arguing against Lalonde's headcanons specifically. And for what it's worth, your headcanons aren't "valid" headcanons either.

"Headcanon" has replaced canon in various different contexts and is a term that's come to cover how one individual perceives canon regardless of what is or isn't established in the actual canon (like the provided definition implies). Either way, you're wrong to say that all of Arc's headcanons don't fit your specific view of what a headcanon should be, and no one asked you to police the thread of who has "wrong" headcanons as that is rude and unnecessary. It sounded like this was supposed to be a fairly lighthearted, "what do you think?" thread and not one for members to go at each other over semantics.

Either way:

"Headcanons" I have; I choose to ignore any canonizations BZPower made to the series, I choose to ignore the official canon where it says only Ga-beings are female, and I choose to fill in some blanks with characters with the transgender headcanons some members have come up with.

• Upvote 2

What I said does not contradict the definition. Read it carefully:

Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon.

Note, now, that it does not say that headcanon replaces existing canon. I can have headcanon that says Matoro hates potatoes, and it's valid headcanon because there's nothing to necessarily contradict it (that's not a real headcanon of mine, though :P). Someone else can have a headcanon that says Matoro loves potatoes, and that's just as valid as mine.

Regitnui, T1S, and Dorek have the right idea with their own headcanons. They're not replacing canon, but adding on to it in their own way.

the very idea of there being such a thing as valid and invalid headcanons is laughable. it's contradictory to the entire point of headcanons. stop telling people their headcanons are wrong - it's nothing but obnoxious and rude.

• Upvote 9

Although I really don't like some of those strange headcanons, I do have a few. 

- The Great Spirit Robot's head was completely destroyed by the fragment of Aqua Magna, not just partially. However the people of Metru Nui were already evacuated by the time that happened, so nobody significant died. 

- The Southern Islands are inhabited. 

- The Matoran of the ten minor elements once lived in Metru Nui, in addition to the main six. They eventually left in order to find their own path in the universe. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I don't understand why people hate canonization so much but have these outrageous headcanons that go against major plot points in the story...

• Upvote 13

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I don't have many headcannons, I prefer the Multiverse option. (In one universe this happened and this did´t)

But, I belive that Makuta Teridax will be back somehow, is all part of keikaku. 

• Upvote 2

Velika is Love. Velika is Life. Velika did NOTHING wrong.

Proud fan of Rebecca Black, BabyMetal and Protector Of Fire's Son.

I don't understand why people hate canonization so much but have these outrageous headcanons that go against major plot points in the story...

Although I agree with you, I wouldn't recommend posting that on this topic. It might be classified as fight-baiting. 

• Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

tamaru is a trans girl in fact everyone is either a trans girl or nonbinary but thats the big one

also who cares if a headcanon is "invalid" or "goes against canon". who cares, who literally cares. if you dont like it then ignore it and stick to canon like youre so desperate for everyone else to do

• Upvote 6

bionicle is trans culture

you basically just explained it for yourself

the people who dont want more canon details added are also more likely to dislike the existing canon and want to headcanon things that contradict it

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 6

Most of my "headcanons" are technically non-canon, but not contradicted by any medium except Greg saying "no, that's not canon". Examples:

- The Great Beings are basically human

- Matoran do have romantic relationships; the fact that they cannot reproduce is irrelevant. Maku x Huki forever!

- Shadow powers and the Makuta mask powers seen in 2008 are, and always have been, considered evil. 

As far as the "things I would change that would have minimal impact on the story and greatly increase my appreciation of it" sort of headcanon: 

- Mixed-gender tribes. I wouldn't gender-swap any existing characters, but just the possibility of having male Ga-Matoran or female... well, any other Matoran, makes their culture far more interesting.

- Divide any length of time except the last two years (that is, the part where the actual 2001-2010 story took place) by 10. So Mata Nui's mission could be 10,000 years, and the Dark Time would be 100 years. It's still a really long time, just not as ridiculously long.

As far as the "headcannon" sort of headcanon: BOOM.

Hey, somebody had to do it.

• Upvote 1

IrMSNn3.png

the very idea of there being such a thing as valid and invalid headcanons is laughable. it's contradictory to the entire point of headcanons. stop telling people their headcanons are wrong - it's nothing but obnoxious and rude.

Oh, I excel at obnoxious and rude.

And stop putting words in my mouth. I never told anyone their headcanons were wrong. I merely explained that their ideas didn't exactly fall into the category of headcanon. The whole point is that they're neither right nor wrong. Interpret the story whatever way you want. The best part about fiction is that you can play around with it in your own mind.

For all intents and purposes, this has become a "what do you wish was changed in Bionicle" thread, so it doesn't even matter anymore.

• Upvote 7

And stop putting words in my mouth. I never told anyone their headcanons were wrong. I merely explained that their ideas didn't exactly fall into the category of headcanon. The whole point is that they're neither right nor wrong. Interpret the story whatever way you want. The best part about fiction is that you can play around with it in your own mind.

I don't see words being put in your mouth when you posted: "And for what it's worth, your headcanons aren't "valid" headcanons either." Considering one of the antonyms to valid is "wrong" she's not putting words in your mouth: you completely said "your headcanons are invalid" which is the same thing as saying "your headcanons are wrong."

And at the end of the day no one asked you to police the thread over petty semantics and, if in the end, they're neither right nor wrong then why make a giant stink of it in the first place? If you truly feel a post doesn't belong, report it and don't be outwardly rude to other members?

Let people have their fun, have their headcanons, without trying to falsely one-up them about it.

• Upvote 3

your definition of headcanon is wrong in the first place and multiple people have told you this and youre refusing to listen. by saying "this doesnt count as headcanon" youre saying "your headcanon is wrong" and at this point you seem to just be trying to backpedal and cover for yourself. no one is enjoying your presence here, because all youre doing is starting pointless arguments and being needlessly rude. please just cut it out and leave if you dont have anything constructive or worthwhile to contribute to this thread

• Upvote 4

My head canons are usually ones that make sense and are there to make the story make more sense and be more consistent for me. For example, no gender-per-element thing is one of my head canons, but I don't particularly head canon any of the characters to have their genders changed because I see no need for it. There are other head canons I have that are there to make the story more appealing, for example gravity and magnetism never appealed to me as elements, so I head canon other ones that I think would work a lot better.

I've always seen headcanons as personal additions to the story that do not have to follow cannon but doesn't necessarily change the overall narrative.

For example, it could be my headcanon that Sherlock is secretly an android. It would explain his quick reduction skills and his cold demeanor. Or a character who died is secretly alive. The idea is clearly noncanon but the overall narrative to the stories would largely be unaffected. However, this is only my view on the terms and people are free to come up with their own interpretations. After all, isn't that what headcanons are? :P

Anyway, BIONICLE headcanons:

• There are more Bohrok nests than the one underneath Metru Nui, each one with their own queens. Each nest would clear different parts of Mata Nui's body. We only saw one because we only saw his head camouflaged in the story.
  • There are more Bohrok types out there but there are only six types present in the Metru Nui nest.
  • Vezon's face now looks like a silver Olmak with teeth.
  • The Barraki had similar body builds before mutations. For example: Mantax was hunchbacked like Onua, Carapar was the most buff of the group, Takadox was the skinniest, etc.
  • Ehlek's species have split mouths just like Elites from Halo.
  • Vortixx come in many different colors. (Okay, this contradicts canon but how many other Vortixx characters are there beside Roodaka?)
  • Shadow is not an inherently evil element. It is possible for there to be a good being with shadow powers. The reverse is also true with light.
  • Upvote 5

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I don't see words being put in your mouth when you posted: "And for what it's worth, your headcanons aren't "valid" headcanons either." Considering one of the antonyms to valid is "wrong" she's not putting words in your mouth: you completely said "your headcanons are invalid" which is the same thing as saying "your headcanons are wrong."

And at the end of the day no one asked you to police the thread over petty semantics and, if in the end, they're neither right nor wrong then why make a giant stink of it in the first place? If you truly feel a post doesn't belong, report it and don't be outwardly rude to other members?

Let people have their fun, have their headcanons, without trying to falsely one-up them about it.

your definition of headcanon is wrong in the first place and multiple people have told you this and youre refusing to listen. by saying "this doesnt count as headcanon" youre saying "your headcanon is wrong" and at this point you seem to just be trying to backpedal and cover for yourself. no one is enjoying your presence here, because all youre doing is starting pointless arguments and being needlessly rude. please just cut it out and leave if you dont have anything constructive or worthwhile to contribute to this thread

Hey, guys, gals, people... might it not be a tad better if everyone would just calm down for a moment? Let's actually sit down, like rational people, and look at the definition given, on this topic:

(fandom slang) Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon.

Elements/interpretations refers to specific objects or instances, such as the unspecified sexuality of a character, or perhaps the meaning behind a story. For instance, that comedy contest many years back attempting to divine the Manas/bucket story Lewa mentioned in '08.

Accepted by an individual fan refers to one person accepting it. For instance, the writer of such a story, entering into the contest, would have an idea about what the story was, even though it was never said.

Not found within or supported by the official canon means that it is not confirmed, and may not even have any basis. Again, the stories have no real confirmation, they're just stories; but they're funny, so whatever.

Let's return to element and interpretation. Interpretations, following those rules, are things which a fan considers to be true, based on evidence already present in canon. For instance, someone could look at the guides for Metru-Nui, read into the economy, glance at how Takua's businesses were treated, and conclude that 2004 was a communist dystopia.

Elements, on the other hand, are pieces of canon itself. However, note the "not found within or supported by". This does not refer to things which have been changed; it refers to things which have been added. For instance, the Toa Mata were partially rotted, and falling apart, but healed instantly upon leaving their pods; Helryx survived 100,000 years mostly intact; one could thus rationalize that, as Toa Energy can heal, Toa use it to regenerate and greatly expand their lifespan.

---

When you change or remove things from canon, it is not headcanon; it is an alteration to canon. It's one thing in a series like the Elder Scrolls where there are conflicting sources, and headcanons can be wildly different, and completely ignore even things which appear in-game; in Bionicle, there are comparatively few conflicts.

So, the list in question was not actually headcanon. But this does not make it invalid; it makes it off-topic, which is completely different. To the person who said "report it then": why? Why would you get the mods involved to fix something which was simply a misunderstanding, and never actually broke any rules? If somebody posts "this isn't actually headcanon", that should be enough to clear up the issue, and allow other people posting the benefit of knowing that.

EDIT: Redacted. It should, however, remain, unedited, to demonstrate the ease of error which might occur. - Lev

There's no reason to get defensive. While I doubt anyone was intending to derail the topic, it's getting dangerously close; compare on-topic to off-topic response.

---

Now, to answer the original question of the thread:

First, an addenda: Any headcanon, as far as I'm concerned, must meet two criteria. The first being, it must actively add something to the setting, and fit thematically with everything else. The second is "boring, therefore wrong"; a term quite common in the TES lore fandom. If two things are in conflict, the more interesting one applies, and any headcanon solution to something must be an interesting one.

In addition to the two listed (Toa having extended lifespans, Makuta taking Metru-Nui being a parallel to the inevitable collapse of communist government, etc.), there are a few more which I have:

- The Matoran Universe has been collapsing for a very, very long time. The Visorak are actually responsible for ending most life in the Universe, having conquered all but the largest of islands and continents during the Brotherhood's march.

- After the Great Cataclysm, most of the Universe was left resembling Post-Searing Ascalon, from Guild Wars. The giant crystals, in this case, are the lightstones which illuminated the domes.

- Seeing as the volcanoes in the Southern Islands needed to be closed off to awaken Mata-Nui, I believe the Southern Islands were not always so desolate as they are in canon times. However, they grew increasingly volcanic over time, leading to the destruction of the civilizations present.

- The Great Beings needed a way to watch the Matoran from comfort, and thus had many bases set up across the Universe. The ruins of these outposts are still standing, but mostly sealed off, their creators having left them long since abandoned.

Now, an odd one, which results from the rare conflict in Bionicle: Mata-Nui's intelligence. See, in Time Trap, Karzahni (plant) describes to Vakama how Mata-Nui tricked Makuta into disrupting his own plans, and how the Toa Metru really were the ones destined to become Toa. However, this directly conflicts with what is stated in 2009; that Mata-Nui was, in fact, completely clueless to what was going on. Normally, the rules of canon dictate that whatever comes latter is the truth; however, as I consider Time Trap to be the best book in the series, and 2009 to be lackluster, I instead choose to believe the earlier interpretation.

Further, in terms of the conflict between romances and the lack of them, I'm inclined to, once again, favor the older sources. Especially considering that actual events trump word/shrug of god.

There's probably others, but I can't think of any right now.

Of course, in my own writings and RPGs, I tend to deviate from canon. For instance, Matoran and the like have blood, and tend to be more fleshy in nature; the gender restrictions in Matoran tribes are lifted (considering how fond artists are of female characters, I'd frankly be surprised if the Great Beings, in their creator mindset, did not actually break canon); and so on.

Some comments on what caught my eye:

- The Makuta cannot create rahkshi with passive powers and inherent biological abilities. e.g. Shapeshifting, Dodge and Heat Vision are all inherent to the Makuta and cannot be passed on. As a corollary, a Makuta creating a certain Kraata loses the power the Kraata has, forcing them to reabsorb the Kraata or wait until it's death to regain its ability.

- Rahi are slowly outcompeting Spherus Magna's wildlife, as they can drain nutrition from food without ruining the food; Spherus Magna's animals are not able to tell the nutritious food from the drained, and slowly starve to death.

I have to say, I like all of the stuff which is currently bolded. The first is a great explanation as to why Makuta don't simply create a Kraata overload over time; the second is just a cool theory as to the future. I'm tempted to add these myself.

Just wanted to point out that I am fully in agreement on this point. It's a simple rule of storwriting that anything you write should add to and further the plot; killing off a character just to replace them with an identical one does not add, it subtracts. I suppose it was meant as a way to show Icarax was a powerful threat, but considering he had already wiped the floor with the Toa Nuva, there was no point.

Of course, the whole "Icarax is a huge threat" was just silly. He's a Makuta, Greg, we've already established he's powerful!

tamaru is a trans girl in fact everyone is either a trans girl or nonbinary but thats the big one

also who cares if a headcanon is "invalid" or "goes against canon". who cares, who literally cares. if you dont like it then ignore it and stick to canon like youre so desperate for everyone else to do

You know, I've seen this theory pop up a few times, and I still don't really know where from. Not trying to argue here, but could somebody kindly point out what I'm missing, that led to this theory?

• There are more Bohrok nests than the one underneath Metru Nui, each one with their own queens. Each nest would clear different parts of Mata Nui's body. We only saw one because we only saw his head camouflaged in the story.
  • There are more Bohrok types out there but there are only six types present in the Metru Nui nest.
  • Vezon's face now looks like a silver Olmak with teeth.
  • The Barraki had similar body builds before mutations. For example: Mantax was hunchbacked like Onua, Carapar was the most buff of the group, Takadox was the skinniest, etc.
  • Ehlek's species have split mouths just like Elites from Halo.
  • Vortixx come in many different colors. (Okay, this contradicts canon but how many other Vortixx characters are there beside Roodaka?)
  • Shadow is not an inherently evil element. It is possible for there to be a good being with shadow powers. The reverse is also true with light.

On the the bold: I would just like to add, it's a shame the Barraki species weren't better expanded upon. If they had just left them as unique beings, that would have been fine; when you make them part of a collective, well... author better deliver.

For Vortixx, canon's a mess on that. For instance, the comic with a green one, being retracted later. Rule 2 ("boring, therefore wrong") applies, I suppose.

And that's it, I suppose.

EDIT: Redacted part of post.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Upvote 1

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OK, SkeletonMan, Have you considered that coming into a thread for people to say what their MU is like (Despite the strict denotation of Headcanon, that's what this thread is) and telling them that "your argument is invalid" is going to rile people up? If you didn't think about that, you deserve the flames you got, because that was a step short of actually baiting people. Like Boidoh's second post. His first was kinda funny.

I have to say, I like all of the stuff which is currently bolded. The first is a great explanation as to why Makuta don't simply create a Kraata overload over time; the second is just a cool theory as to the future. I'm tempted to add these myself.

Hey, sure, go ahead. I'm kinda flattered.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

SkeletonMan, several of your posts have crossed the line here. Please desist or action may need to be taken.

And just so you know, you're clearly in the wrong on what headcanon means. It has always been used primarily for things fans change. You're thinking of canon-fit headcanon, which is one type of it, not the main type. Its basic meaning doesn't comment one way or another on whether it fits canon; it's about what the individual fan likes enough to see as their own version. And Greg and LEGO do not support your interpretation either; they encourage fans to imagine their own versions and change whatever they like. :)

But if you wanted to argue in favor of changing how we use the term, that's fine (if impractical) -- just do it without risking flaming or trolling. :)

• Upvote 8

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I was never really a headcanon person, if I wanted to change something it was within the confines of individual stories. I think I always felt like there'd definitely be a few exceptions to the gender rule among matoran in their tribes, like some male Ga-Matoran somewhere out there, it just made sense and I thought it'd be interesting. I also always ignored the romance isn't canon deal, although I never paired any characters or attributed romance where there was none (except Huki and Maku).

The argument on headcanons in this thread is ridiculous. It doesn't matter how outlandish they are or how hard they break canon. That's the point of them: they're in your head and it doesn't affect anyone else, you don't expect anyone to know about them or accept them. You can believe anything you like and it really shouldn't matter to anyone cause you're just enjoying the story in your own way.

I've never been a fan of humans existing or being related in any way in Bionicle, and people have gone beyond private unspoken headcanons with ideas about that, and I haven't been losing my mind about it. Let everyone be and enjoy their own imagination and interpretation, my lord, is it really so hard? I don't remember when we ushered in the Canon Police.

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I don't remember when we ushered in the Canon Police.

They're like the Spanish Inquisition. They just show up when they feel a Disturbance in the Canon, like someone daring to suggest gender equality and non-Fikou Rahi.

• Upvote 3