Headcanons

JMSOG

My head canons include:

• The Rahkshi could become a sapient, individual species if given the chance, just like Matoran. This includes being able to communicate through speaking and written languages.
I can get behind this. The same could easily happen for other beings like the Vahki too.

I actually have my own headcanon where, in a separate universe, Matoran are replaced by Bohrok, with the Kal as Turaga and Rahkshi as Toa. The Rahkshi defend the Bohrok villages from feral 'Sons of Mata Nui', the Toa Nuva.

Since the multiverse is canon in Bionicle, technically anything we say could happen.

That sounds like a solid fanfic. Write it, please!

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

But what actually happens is up to the author.  Contrivance of plot and artistic verisimilitude are not mutually exclusive. A story require a structure that serves the desired narrative effect. No one would want a version of Hamlet in which the titular Prince simply returns to England uneventfully. The off-stage attack of the pirates, Hamlet's separation from his ship, and consequent return to Denmark are obvious contrivances to allow for most of the remaining principals to die horribly. And yet, the story would lose something without them, and they don't contradict anything established about the world of the play. Is there any previously established reason for them to happen? No. But are they consequently invalid? By no means.

My point is that when a character would realistically defend themselves against an attack, we say the character defended themselves, but when a character would realistically die, we say the author killed them. It's contradictory, and IMO evidence of a psychological shield about death. Understandable and all, but still unwise. We CAN talk about how the author made the character defend themselves, but normally we don't see the need.

Yet with character deaths, many people apply the idea of them being "killed off" as if it is universal.

I'm especially bringing it up in the context of wording I was replying to that made it sound like the main purpose for a character dying is to reduce the cast! That IMO is a very, very bad idea. The real problem there is the idea that we need constant running updates on old characters. (At least this was a mistake Gen1 made a lot.) A character can easily move out of plot focus or featuring without dying. Death is one way that happens, yes, but its roles in stories are usually far, far more important and this shouldn't be ignored. :)

(I'd also quibble about "contrivances" but it sounds like you're agreeing with me and just using different wording; that stories that do use contrivances are "valid". I said the same thing, notice. Just not my preference for stories I myself write and I think it's generally better to avoid them. Although I do see some "contrivance" as possible in the setting of the stage in the first place. But I mean things that obviously aren't plausible, like how on prime time TV shows, if a side character takes a bullet, they're almost always dead instantly, but if a main character does, most of the time they survive long enough for a hospital stay. Choices like that feed into this psychological shield about death, which isn't 100% bad, but overal worse IMO.)

"Authorial guiding" -- what do you mean by that? It sounds awfully like just plain writing to me. :P

Really? Somehow I doubt that. :P Do you really need it explained, or was this just taking the opportunity for a joke? :lookaround:

My stance wasn't necessarily that I want a saga to be soaked in the blood of its characters, but rather that I don't want characters sticking around with nothing to do. They clutter up the plot

Then it does sound like you're making the... well, what from my perspective is a mistake of wanting death to be favored to reduce cast sizes? See above, then. (If so then glad I brought it up. :P Although a taste for this sort of "contrived" story is possible... just like enjoying A-Team is fine and I do, but most stories shouldn't be forced into being seen in that mold.) There's no reason you have to be dead to not be in the plot. :P Most such characters weren't in the plot before their main features, and they didn't start to exist at the beginning of their featuring (in-story... usually), so likewise they can easily not be focused on or featured while alive somewhere later on. Depending.

As such, I think they should be removed from the action once they have run out of things to contribute to the story. Death is a very effective way to remove them.

My issue is being so triggerhappy to connect these two things that you end up seriously reducing how serious a story is by making death just about killing off a cast member, making the deaths implausible.

Now, death is often plausible -- don't get me wrong. I think stories where a lot of your cast die are very possible, but it's unfortunate that so many people have made so much of this killing off idea that it's hard to tell a story about that kind of event (which is realistic), unless it's based on a true story like Lone Survivor, without people missing the point and chanting "Killed off! Killed off!" all the time. It's... annoying... among other things. I'm not talking about how MUCH death there is one way or another, but how inconsistently focusing on the author's role in it HERE devalues it.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Permit me to cut to the chase, bonesiii: I agree with everything you've said, and I think at this point we're just arguing over semantics. If I might sum up the points we've agreed on so far:

• Authors should attempt to reduce cast bloating by keeping the focus on more important characters.
  • Character death is one way to remove characters from the cast.
  • However, since not all character arcs naturally lead to a character's death, it should not be endorsed as the "only" or "best" way to avoid cast bloating.

The main reason for your disagreement seems to be my wording, which could be read to imply that character death should be encouraged purely for the purpose of thinning the cast. That wording is misleading, for which I apologize. I should clarify that I believe character death is an effective tool to remove unnecessary characters, but should only be used if it is a natural development in their story. (Example: Tsukiko's death in The Order of the Stick #830. She was a prominent antagonist, but was not essential to the core of the plot. Her death, which was a result of her being caught between the schemes of the two main villains, both removed her from the comic's startlingly large cast and furthered the plot by intensifying the conspiring between the main villains.)

If you direct your attention to the original post I made, you'll see I was merely saying that I didn't agree with the popular headcanon that Krika survived. The reason I stated there was that death was a natural end to his character arc -- not that he should have died to thin the cast herd. My comments about using character death to avoid cast bloating were side remarks, and as such, were made in a brief manner that didn't aptly describe all sides of the issue. Perhaps I should rephrase them in a more detailed and explanatory manner:

Personally, I don't believe in keeping characters around after they've fulfilled their narrative role*. Krika's arc was complete, but because of his strong feelings against Teridax, death was the only way to permanently remove him from the story. Dying in a doomed, pointless attempt to save his brethren from their treacherous leader was a poignant way to conclude his arc of guilt and regret. So although his death was tragic, I'm glad that his character arc reached a fitting conclusion.

*For example, one of my biggest issues with The Legend of Korra is that it introduced far too many heroic characters and then never killed any of them off. Because The Legend of Korra was an intense action/adventure series dealing with very Big Issues, seeing more heroic characters die would have served the dual purpose of both thinning the cast and raising the stakes. If good guys die more often, the audience fears the bad guys more, and is therefore more worried for the heroes when they confront those bad guys. Because no prominent heroic characters died in The Legend of Korra, it was harder for me to take the villains as credible threats, and by the end of the series, I was not at all worried for the heroes -- even though they were, in-story, fighting the battle of their lives.

In an action/adventure series like BIONICLE or The Legend of Korra, it's important to preserve a sense of intensity and urgency about the plot. Character death, when done right, can do wonders to preserve that high-stakes feeling and keep the audience on their toes. However, like you have said, it should only be done when it is a natural consequence of a character's actions in the context of the story. Authors should not arbitrarily kill off characters just for shock value.

Since we obviously agree on these points, any further argument can only be the product of misinterpretation of my remarks. I'm not going to clutter up this thread with more posts in a pointless argument between two people that actually agree on the issue they're debating, so I won't respond to any further posts on the matter. I think I've made myself quite clear enough. :P

• Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

That sounds like a solid fanfic. Write it, please!

I did try writing it a few times but I gave up because there was no interest and the personalities I used for the Kal and the Rahkshi were intefering with their personalities in the story. There were also naming issues, is everyone in Ta-Koro called Tahnok or not?

Plus I couldn't think of a catchy title.

Edited by Phovos
  • Upvote 1

My head canons include:

• The Rahkshi could become a sapient, individual species if given the chance, just like Matoran. This includes being able to communicate through speaking and written languages.

I can get behind this. The same could easily happen for other beings like the Vahki too.

I actually have my own headcanon where, in a separate universe, Matoran are replaced by Bohrok, with the Kal as Turaga and Rahkshi as Toa. The Rahkshi defend the Bohrok villages from feral 'Sons of Mata Nui', the Toa Nuva.

Since the multiverse is canon in Bionicle, technically anything we say could happen.

I had a dream once in which some of the Toa wound up in a world (or perhaps an illusion) in which Rahkshi were called, and acted as, Toa. There's something wonderfully eerie about the idea.

I did try writing it a few times but I gave up because there was no interest and the personalities I used for the Kal and the Rahkshi were intefering with their personalities in the story. There were also naming issues, is everyone in Ta-Koro called Tahnok or not?

Would you mind if I attempted to tackle the idea?

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

My only headcanons would be as follows: 

1. Toa of Creation/Time can exist, since one of life has already has.
  2. Mutran was actually absorbed into the Energy Storm, instead of getting disintegrated by it. Being 'one' with the giant robot's power.
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Permit me to cut to the chase, bonesiii: I agree with everything you've said, and I think at this point we're just arguing over semantics. If I might sum up the points we've agreed on so far:

• Authors should attempt to reduce cast bloating by keeping the focus on more important characters.
  • Character death is one way to remove characters from the cast.
  • However, since not all character arcs naturally lead to a character's death, it should not be endorsed as the "only" or "best" way to avoid cast bloating.

What I'm saying is better summed up as -- reducing the cast should almost not even be associated with characters dying. That really should be seen as an unavoidable (somewhat*) side effect of their deaths. Yes, I'm kinda getting into nitpick territory here, but I think my previous post sums up basically why I make a point about it. :)

*Actually, I think it's good for stories to find ways to keep using the characters even though they're dead just to fight the temptation among some viewers/readers/fans to assume that the reason the character died is cast-related. Flashbacks mainly. Although overuse of this can get unrealistic too. Unfortunately, it's also virtually impossible with live acting casts, heh. So I think there's room for "leniency" toward the killing off idea there. Doesn't really apply to Bionicle that way though.

The main reason for your disagreement seems to be my wording

Hopefully, yeah. That was my main suspicion, but that matters too -- that wording can imply a very problematic view as others read it. It might be clear in your head, but if not communicated, and the communication instead looks like the problematic view... at the very least it's best to have it clarified, then. :)

If you direct your attention to the original post I made, you'll see I was merely saying that I didn't agree with the popular headcanon that Krika survived. The reason I stated there was that death was a natural end to his character arc -- not that he should have died to thin the cast herd.

Now wait, though. It still sounds like you're not getting what I'm trying to say (emphasis on sounds). Because I did get this from your post. I didn't spend time on it and focused on the other incarnation (apparent, and you've now corrected it) of the mistake -- but the underlying issue still appears to be here; seeing the death's reason as being out-story, basically. Whether you make the reason for that reducing the cast or ending a "character arc", it's still the same underlying mistake.

If it would have been the logical thing for Krika to survive what Gorast did to him, even though his character arc was finished, and he just was still alive somewhere not being told about in the story, then that's what should happen. And it really wasn't clear that he definitely would die. Hence why people bring it up so often. Greg revealed the answer, but the point is, his reason to be dead should be in-story. In this case, I'd say it's simply that Gorast wanted him dead and probably knew what we as fans didn't; that what she did would result in death eventually. (But we see lots of events in stories, some of them plausible, where a character who is dying, rather than instantly killed, is still saved despite the murderer's wishes. There just isn't really a case of it that would be very plausible here.)

We probably still do agree about all of this, but more word choice discussion. :P

Krika's arc was complete, but because of his strong feelings against Teridax, death was the only way to permanently remove him from the story.

Presuming that this is meant as an in-story explanation, I'd agree... unless what Gorast did to him wasn't fast enough that he'd definitely be dead before Teridax was dead, and he was saved or saved himself despite Gorast's intentions after that point. Since in-story it was unclear, I think it makes sense for people to think something like this is plausible. (Of course, your headcanon needs not be related to that... just discussing it, lol.)

And this "arc was complete" idea seems like circular reasoning to me anyways. If Brutaka's arc had been dropped at the end of 2006, it would seem complete to us simply because that's when it ended, but it really got good in his case (IMO?) after that as he was brought through a story of redemption. (Personally I don't see this as a reason to do the same for Krika, though; that would get old, and implausible. And people DO bring up Krika being still alive mainly because they want to see him as a good guy, which canonically doesn't work. Still, point is that "arc is complete" reasoning doesn't really work because if Krika had survived and there was more story to tell about him, it wouldn't be.)

In an action/adventure series like BIONICLE or The Legend of Korra, it's important to preserve a sense of intensity and urgency about the plot. Character death, when done right, can do wonders to preserve that high-stakes feeling and keep the audience on their toes. However, like you have said, it should only be done when it is a natural consequence of a character's actions in the context of the story. Authors should not arbitrarily kill off characters just for shock value.

I think we're agreed there, but it seems like you think the shock value is definitely okay if the death is plausible. It can be, but I just wouldn't be focused on that issue. But you needn't agree on that one, since that's not the same as what your original wording appeared to say. To expand on the Lone Survivor example, it bothers me that an author can, without this issue coming up, tell a real life story like that and its "shock value" isn't even thought of by the audience, or not treated as the author's doing, but tell the same story in a metaphorical form with Toa (or whatever), and commentators seem to think it's automatically good to start focusing on those things.

That's part of why I'm always uneasy when I see people talking the way you have in several examples. I can't definitely pin it down as absolutely problematic, but I can't help but see the difference. Of course, Bionicle is meant to be fun and Lone Survivor isn't for entertainment, but Bionicle does also intend to teach some good things with the fun to help draw the audience, etc. I guess what I'm saying is you might want to be more cautious about not obscuring the distinction between themes with serious real-world implications and the fun value of it. (Or artistic value or whatever.)

*sees your final comment* Well, you say we agree, but I keep seeing statements that look a lot like disagreements. (Still especially puzzled about that "looks like all writing" line! But okay...) I at least hope this clarifies where I stand on it better. :)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wow, lots of great headcanons in this thread so far!

Personally, I have some of the gender headcanons, such as the 50/50 ratio, and the transgender ones (I.e. 2015 Gali)

Also I'd like to think that Kopeke had more time as Chronicler, rather than just slightly before the universe was taken over. Like, once it was discovered that Hahli had left they had chosen him to chronicle the rebuild of Metru Nui. In addition, in relation to the chronicler, my headcanon is that they're chosen much like how the avatar cycle goes, with the role being switched between elements (in this case, fire, water, ice, etc.)

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

:

[*]The Rahkshi could become a sapient, individual species if given the chance, just like Matoran. This includes being able to communicate through speaking and written languages.

I like this. They'd probably be a Chaotic Neutral race of snake-people. It's believable because level 7 Kraata are sentient in their own rights, though still enslaved to their parent Makuta's will.

My idea for this was in seeing the Skrall in the 2009 story. The Rahkshi would be hated by a vast majority of the Spherus Magna's population due to their past deeds, and any remaining Makuta (because I am sure Miserix would figure out how to make more) would struggle to keep the Rahkshi from becoming a war tribe like the Skrall. They would just want to be accepted into Matoran/Agori society.

I like this, but I don't fully understand the progression process from Matoran to Toa to Turaga.

In my head at the moment, it goes from being the shell of a former-but-now-deceased Av-Matoran, then to the shell of a Kraata, then back to a former-but-now-deceased Av-Matoran?

Let's see here.

GENERATION ONE (2001-2010)

• Both the Great Beings and Mata Nui were neglectful creators, much more so than in canon.
  • A few thousand years after the reformation of Spherus Magna, both the MU and SM inhabitants realised the above and decided to vilify Mata Nui, while praising Makuta for having the guts to challenge him.
  • The Order of Mata Nui; Helryx especially; was denounced personally by Mata Nui shortly after the SM reformation, for falsely claiming to have been acting in his interests while killing anyone (including Matoran) who knew the location of Artahka and nearly coming close to making Mata Nui's impossible, much closer than the BoM ever did.
  • Miserix was not the last remaining Makuta. There were others in hiding, of varying benevolence and malevolence to Matoran. They only appeared united and wiped out because of the rise and fall of the BoM.
  • The Matoran Civil War still permeates parts of Matoran society today.
  • The Northern Continent has large populations of Su/Bo/Vo/De/Fa Matoran, who are so common on the continent that matoran of other tribes are a very rare sight. 
  • Relating to the above, matoran not of the main six elements can survive much harsher environments, with the exception of the Matoran who lived on Mata Nui, which was admittedly harsh in some areas.
  • The Shadow Takanuvas never existed, since they were introduced and promptly did nothing.
  • The 2005 story was different. The Hordika never happened, instead the Toa Hagah were attempting to save Metru-Nui from the Visorak, having encountered the Toa Metru who knew nothing of how to fight the Visorak, which is why the Toa Hagah were there instead. 
  • The Order of Mata Nui regularly hunts down lone Toa and tries to force them to join the OoMN, if they refuse, they are outright killed. Due to this, the OoMN are responsible for about 33% of all Toa deaths. 
  • The Dark Hunters are not at all that secretive. Many rumours are spread about them to deter intruders instead. 
  • The Red Star eventually crashed into Spherus Magna and caused a catastrophic event. 
  • Due to the above, Spherus Magna would be thrown off of its orbit, and experience regular earthquakes and odd gravity shifts.
  • Due to the above, Spherus Magna would eventually collide into Solis Magna: the second destruction of Spherus Magna.
  • Various beings from other dimensions would visit throughout the timeline, since olmaks exist.
  • Vorox and Zesk started living in the remains of the two Mata Nui robots, prototype and final.

GENERATION 2 (2015-????)

• Okoto is not camouflage for a giant robot's face.
  • Ekimu  and Makuta were just as villainous as each other. Ekimu was just more discrete about it.

Oh lordie, your version of what happens after canon is even darker than my version of what happens during canon. I approve.

The one thing I find odd is Spherus Magna being knocked out of orbit, and crashing into the sun. The Red Star isn't really that big, and Spherus Magna has much more mass than Earth; Earth, which, in our past, has experienced much worse, and maintained its orbit.

- SNIP -

I think this discussion can actually be simplified to one rule on things happening: If it makes the plot more interesting/resolves it successfully, it should happen; if it negatively complicates, bogs down, or unsatisfactorily concludes the plot, it shouldn't happen.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Upvote 1

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I think this discussion can actually be simplified to one rule on things happening: If it makes the plot more interesting/resolves it successfully, it should happen; if it negatively complicates, bogs down, or unsatisfactorily concludes the plot, it shouldn't happen.

We're getting a bit far off-topic here, but the problem with that statement is it could be misconstrued as supporting a plot-based story, which is valid of course, but many stories like Bionicle try to be character-driven. :) I don't think trying to boil down storytelling and what is established in canon to any single sentence is likely to be that helpful. :P But... it really doesn't matter a ton to headcanon. :shrugs:

My headcanon is that 2005 was made up entirely by Matau to troll the toa and matoran. Vakama turned evil in the story because he kept giving Matau dirty looks while he was reciting the tale. :P

1. The Rahkshi could become a sapient, individual species if given the chance, just like Matoran. This includes being able to communicate through speaking and written languages.

I actually had a similar idea to this. My idea was that Rahkshi could naturally evolve sapience over time but only after Teridax died. Without any Makuta to guide them they would have to learn to adapt and think in order to survive. That said, don't expect anything advanced. Due to just emerging into sapience their society would still be very primitive and I doubt anyone would want to help them advance.

Edited by Sharnak the Bohrok Lord
  • Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Outside of gender ratios being mixed;

Hahli and Jaller dated as matoran, but after they became toa they put their relationship to the wayside as their missions in 06/07 required their full focus.

Hewkii and Macku went through a rough patch after 06 onwards, but eventually they reunited and, eventually, resumed their relationship after their time apart. The death of their dear friend and the end of their universe made them question what they really wanted at the end of the day.

Lewa/Onua are in a relationship as the two have helped each other out of tight spots and strengthened their trust. It does get complicated with them being on the same toa team, and it isn't always easy for them, but they make it work. Lewa's overly chatty and Onua doesn't mind listening.

There is a toothpick toa tool that turns into a shark. It exists somewhere in the story.

Edited by Actually... I'm Santa
  • Upvote 2

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I actually had a similar idea to this. My idea was that Rahkshi could naturally evolve sapience over time but only after Teridax died. Without any Makuta to guide them they would have to learn to adapt and think in order to survive. That said, don't expect anything advanced. Due to just emerging into sapience their society would still be very primitive and I doubt anyone would want to help them advance.

If you all would indulge me, I'd like to theorize a little on this:

- Rahkahi society would more accurately be called Kraata society, as it consists of a number of Shadow Kraata who have started gathering their less intelligent brethren and protecting them from the viciousness of the Matoran/Agori society, and the Hunters who want to reenslave them.

- Lower level kraata are treated like children, with level 6 considered adults and allowed to pilot Rahkshi suits in defense of their colony. Shadow kraata are considered leaders, and only take the field in battles where their power is needed.

- Lacking makuta, kraata now reproduce by binary fission, like amoeba. However, this leaves the resulting kraata a level lower, and thus the higher level kraata almost never do it. This creates a 'breeding class' of level 3&4 kraata.

- Level 5&6 kraata and above who wish to wish to 'die' honorably volunteer to become a Rahkshi suit. The suit keeps the original Kraata's name.

- Piloted rahkshi suits refer to themselves as 'X-in-Y' to honour both the pilot kraata (X) and the kraata who became the suit (Y).

- Only the shadow kraaata manage to suppress their natural instincts and understand the society they're trying to build. Level 6 kraata can understand, level 5 realize, but lower levels indulge their instincts and powers too often to be considered 'functional members' by Matoran standards.

- The Rahkshi society is aware of Miserix' survival, but refuse to reveal themselves to him for fear of getting enslaved again. The leaders also refuse to interact with any creature without wearing Rahkshi, bit this is still considered aggressive by other beings, hamstringing negotiations somewhat.

- A common peaceful gesture (often misinterpreted) between Rahkshi is to put one's staff down, halving their power and putting them at a disadvantage in a fight.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Unless there's a good reason as there is in LOST for death to tend to accompany a character's "narrative role" (in LOST, getting over their main personal hurdle), this is generally a bad idea. Not saying Krika should have survived, but we have another reason in his case -- implausibility. IMO the whole idea of "killing off" (as in, by the author, not things in the story universe) is the problem, and doing any authorial guiding in a story, either to remove them or keep them, is problematic. (Unless you're going for a fourth-wall type of story on purpose I guess.) If a character dies, OR survives, it should be because that's what would actually happen in-story. :)

But that's me. :P

*blinks* I sense a preference for the Arena Method sneaking in here. :P

I'll just say that this is one of those backwards-upside-down preferences which, upon trying the Arena Method for myself a few times, I am sorely tempted to adopt. (Even though I don't like the Arena Method, but what am I going to do, go back to plotted story structure? :P)

And I've written more death scenes in my Arena Method stories than my other ones, too. I'd rather NOT see characters/people die in a story. Establishing my bias upfront. :P

"Authorial guiding" -- what do you mean by that? It sounds awfully like just plain writing to me. :P

This strikes me as a plain question. As bones might say: "Authorial guiding is when the author puts his or her personal tastes, or the ones they think their audience has, above what is logically plausible in a story given how it is set up."

Or as I say, "Authorial guiding is when an author puts what they want to happen (or they think their audience wants to happen) above what makes sense in the story at a given point in time."

But it's easier to do this with an example. I once had a story I was writing (this isn't a spoiler, so it's okay to write) which had a comedic, funny, character who was pitted against an army, and was quite inexperienced, and he was alone, since his friend was a coward who was primarily concerned with living to fight another day. Every logical angle imaginable said that he was going to die.

Now I have a taste to like comedic and funny characters, so I could have had him rescued somehow - brought in an elite soldier to save him out of the blue - and that would be acting on my taste. That would be a really bad case of authorial guiding.

But I was using the arena method that day, so he died. The story went on to be an author's holiday - while it wasn't the happiest story I've ever written, it was one of the more well-written and meaningful ones. That character's death was just what that story needed (i.e. produced the best result, especially given the inciting incident that I had written :P).

My stance wasn't necessarily that I want a saga to be soaked in the blood of its characters, but rather that I don't want characters sticking around with nothing to do. They clutter up the plot and distract attention from more worthy characters. As such, I think they should be removed from the action once they have run out of things to contribute to the story. Death is a very effective way to remove them. When done right, it can also be used to tug at the audience's heartstrings, especially if the doomed character was somewhat popular.

You are correct, though, that death should only occur when it's reasonable. Not every character's story arc naturally leads to a death, and for some, it would be jarring and a little unnecessary to kill them off as soon as they're done. There are many other ways they can exit the spotlight, some of them quite mundane.

In reading this, paragraph 1 seems to contradict paragraph 2. First you say that death is a powerful and effective way to remove unwanted "deadwood" characters, and tug at the audiance's heartstrings.

Then you say that death shouldn't happen if it doesn't logically make sense, and there are other ways for characters to leave, that in certain instances may make more sense than death.

The second viewpoint makes sense. The first I disagree with - I wouldn't kill off a character just to get rid of a character that's sticking around with nothing to do, or to put emotional impact in the story. If logic dictates character deaths, how is death an "option" to get rid of unwanted characters?

Not only that, but if logic dictates how many characters are there, is characters sticking around even an issue? Since character bloat is the result of the author's preference (and perhaps the TV network's preference :P) to keep them around, killing them off is just trying to fix one form of illogic with another, when it's better just to skip the whole thing and let the story run its coarse logically.

Unless you're writing a plotted story - but in that case, having the deaths be reasonable isn't needed, and the only thing that decides whether they live or die is you. Mixing these two schools of thought doesn't work because they contradict each other - I tried to do that a few times, to much great failure and frustration lol. Either events are tools in your hands or they are things that happen as a result of logic. There really isn't an in-between. As someone once said "You've got a foot in each camp, and it's going to tear you right down the middle." As gruesome as that metaphor is, it does bring the point home, doesn't it?

But for an "epic saga" like BIONICLE, the plot of which relies on a sense life-or-death intensity, character death is especially useful, because it both removes side characters and preserves the tension in the story.

In other words, you could say it... kills two birds with one stone.  B-)

I just don't like this wording because it treats character death like a tool, instead of something that just happens. "Do I want this character to get a lollipop today, or do I want him to DIE?"

"Welp, it's an epic saga, so I want him to die a miserable and painful death. Even though it makes no sense and burns the Suspension of Disbelief to bits, I am the Almighty Author, so shall it be."

Finally, I will agree that Krika's death made sense and doesn't fall under the "death as a tool" case. For one thing Gorast was trying to stop him from getting to the Toa Nuva and was pretty reckless. For another thing, if Gorast hadn't killed him he would have been fried in the energy storm anyway. DEAD was practically tattooed on his insectoid forehead. (I'm sure there's an alternate dimension or two somewhere where he got to live,though, but beside the point. :P)

And I'll stop rambling. 

• Upvote 1

Unless an author has described the situation his character is in in an insane level of detail, there are generally enough unknowns for the author to manipulate without violating the story's internal logic. If said character's sword has not been described in enough detail that it would be impossible for it to break against his opponent's weapon, under the story's logic, then the author is free to decide whether or not the quality of the blade's metal is sufficient to withstand the adversary's morning-star.

Also, another reason for killing of characters: Closure. If you've got a side character running around the enemy base, and he's done everything of importance that he will do, plot-wise, and the principals would have to be diverted to meet up with him (or some such thing,) then the audience is not going to be terribly happy if he's left in a perilous situation and never heard from again. It's much more satisfactory, most of the time, for him to die at this point.  He could just be taken off for experimentation, or what you might, but if he's a good, at least fairly well-developed character, then people are going to want to know what happens to him. And unless there's an opportunity for his return in a future story, that's not going to happen if he lives.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Or you could not put side characters in a situation where they're likely to die, and let them get on with their lives in whatever dimension they existed in before you pulled them into your story.

But really, now we're discussing writing techniques more than Krika's death. Suffice it to say that all the Makuta in that arc were meant to die. Some we were happy to see go. Others felt less unsympathetic. Let's be fair. Krika might have had regrets, but he was a Makuta. He would have screwed over everyone eventually.

• Upvote 2

That Matoran DO reproduce sexually. (Exactly how, I don't know)

That the glatorian age never happened.

That a good bulk (99%) of gregs canon is false, seriously, this guy held way to much power during bionicles final years.

That a Hau can protect users from all attacks, visible or not.

That a Miru can allow a user to levitate other objects

That the bionicle universe takes place in an off branch of the transformers multiverse.

That Rahi are semi sentient. And must physically ingest foods.

- Rahkahi society would more accurately be called Kraata society, as it consists of a number of Shadow Kraata who have started gathering their less intelligent brethren and protecting them from the viciousness of the Matoran/Agori society, and the Hunters who want to reenslave them.

- Lower level kraata are treated like children, with level 6 considered adults and allowed to pilot Rahkshi suits in defense of their colony. Shadow kraata are considered leaders, and only take the field in battles where their power is needed.

- Lacking makuta, kraata now reproduce by binary fission, like amoeba. However, this leaves the resulting kraata a level lower, and thus the higher level kraata almost never do it. This creates a 'breeding class' of level 3&4 kraata.

- Level 5&6 kraata and above who wish to wish to 'die' honorably volunteer to become a Rahkshi suit. The suit keeps the original Kraata's name.

- Piloted rahkshi suits refer to themselves as 'X-in-Y' to honour both the pilot kraata (X) and the kraata who became the suit (Y).

- Only the shadow kraaata manage to suppress their natural instincts and understand the society they're trying to build. Level 6 kraata can understand, level 5 realize, but lower levels indulge their instincts and powers too often to be considered 'functional members' by Matoran standards.

- The Rahkshi society is aware of Miserix' survival, but refuse to reveal themselves to him for fear of getting enslaved again. The leaders also refuse to interact with any creature without wearing Rahkshi, bit this is still considered aggressive by other beings, hamstringing negotiations somewhat.

- A common peaceful gesture (often misinterpreted) between Rahkshi is to put one's staff down, halving their power and putting them at a disadvantage in a fight.

Thoughts?

My idea for the Rahkshi society leader rooted from my idea that if you mutate a being to a certain point using Antidermis, they would eventually gain all of the Makuta powers that are separated by each form of kraata. I would like to think that a Rahkshi that was mutated to the point of being a Makuta would lead them, as their leader would be the most powerful Rahkshi, or in this case, the alpha. I can role with what you said about the Rahkshi hiding themselves from the true Makuta, as they would become enslaved again, but let me go more in-depth with what I have in mind for their leader:

-The leader of the Rahkshi society would have all 42 Makuta/Kraata powers, including the abilities of Kaita dissolution and the Shadow Hand (which has to be one of the coolest powers imo  :) ), but excluding the ability to create more Kraata. Basically, they would be a pseudo-Makuta.

-The leader would have to be a strong leader, both physically and mentally. The Rahkshi are just starting to grow as a species, so the leader would not want to get their people into any pointless conflicts. They would have to be able to reason with the Matoran/Agori society to obtain peace for the Rahkshi.

Also, a few quick questions: can a kraata theoretically "grow" into armor? And if that is the case, if the armor gets too small, can they get a new, bigger armor shell (like a hermit crab)?

Would you mind if I attempted to tackle the idea?

We should both have a go at it, see how we both interpret the idea. I've been meaning to get back into Bionicle fanfiction anyway.

I like this, but I don't fully understand the progression process from Matoran to Toa to Turaga.

In my head at the moment, it goes from being the shell of a former-but-now-deceased Av-Matoran, then to the shell of a Kraata, then back to a former-but-now-deceased Av-Matoran?

There wouldn't be a progression. Part of my Headcanon is that not all Bohrok are former Av-Matoran, because that would make the Av-Matoran population INSANELY huge (since there's supposed to be so many Bohrok). Instead, when Bohrok die, they are repaired and fitted with new Krana (since they're machines). The Bohrok-Kal would have originally acted as Toa, but because of their sheer power, combined with their fear of destroying themselves, they weaken over the years. The Rahkshi would be more akin to Glatorian, genetics-wise (i.e. not related at all) but should they become destroyed, their Krata are rebuilt into specially adapted Bohrok shells and they'd become Turaga.

Alternatively, there'd be a third form of Bohrok, in which a Bohrok-Kal can become a Bahrag (something I toyed with for Tahnok and Gahlok in the Bohrok-Kal's Ramblings but never went through with because I didn't want to stereotype Gahlok) and these 'Bahrag-Kal' would be capable of producing more Bohrok.

Believe me, I have spent a LONG time thinking all this through.

• Upvote 1

Oh man, time for my first post, as this is a topic I find really interesting!

1 - Kanohi Kaukau isn't just a mask of water-breathing, but a mask of breathing in general (i.e. a wearer can breathe in poisonous gasses and such.)

2 - Like many others, in my headcanon there is a mixed gender-ratio in each tribe, but it is rarely 50/50. This doesn't change anyones gender.

3 - Following Matoros death, Takanuva joined the Toa Mahri as defenders of Metru Nui. (You know, until the evacuation of MU.)

4 - Inhabitants of the Bionicle Universe both eat and drink to survive, however all Le-matoran are vegetarian.

5 - Hewkii and Macku? Legit love.

6 - Inhabitants of the Bionicle Universe can reproduce.

7 - More "natural" lifespans, but still longer than humans.

8 - Lewa has slight feelings for Gali, due to the humid air around her, which reminds him of the Le-Wahi jungle.

9 - Kopaka acts as a loner because he fears some of the other Toa (Tahu and Onua)

10 - Po-matorans have introduced Kolhii to the Agori, and sometimes, tribal disputes are settled with a match.

11 - Pohatu Nuva (as Phantoka), didn't acquire some - in my opinon - stupid looking rotor-arms. Instead, he had a jetpack of sorts, and retained his foot-addons.

Kummerlee out, and I hope you'll all welcome me kindly. :-)

• Upvote 2

INVICIBILITY%2BROBOT.jpg

Thoughts?

My idea for the Rahkshi society leader rooted from my idea that if you mutate a being to a certain point using Antidermis, they would eventually gain all of the Makuta powers that are separated by each form of kraata. I would like to think that a Rahkshi that was mutated to the point of being a Makuta would lead them, as their leader would be the most powerful Rahkshi, or in this case, the alpha. I can role with what you said about the Rahkshi hiding themselves from the true Makuta, as they would become enslaved again, but let me go more in-depth with what I have in mind for their leader:

-The leader of the Rahkshi society would have all 42 Makuta/Kraata powers, including the abilities of Kaita dissolution and the Shadow Hand (which has to be one of the coolest powers imo :) ), but excluding the ability to create more Kraata. Basically, they would be a pseudo-Makuta.

-The leader would have to be a strong leader, both physically and mentally. The Rahkshi are just starting to grow as a species, so the leader would not want to get their people into any pointless conflicts. They would have to be able to reason with the Matoran/Agori society to obtain peace for the Rahkshi.

Also, a few quick questions: can a kraata theoretically "grow" into armor? And if that is the case, if the armor gets too small, can they get a new, bigger armor shell (like a hermit crab)?

Rahkshi aren't sentient on their own. They're just suits of armour, kinda like mecha suits for Kraata. Hence why my kraata society is based around the freaky antidermis slugs rather than the legged-serpent armour suits.

To answer your question though, Kraata don't change size as they grow. They change shape.

Unless an author has described the situation his character is in in an insane level of detail, there are generally enough unknowns for the author to manipulate without violating the story's internal logic. If said character's sword has not been described in enough detail that it would be impossible for it to break against his opponent's weapon, under the story's logic, then the author is free to decide whether or not the quality of the blade's metal is sufficient to withstand the adversary's morning-star.

I'm inclined to agree with this. However, if the blade does withstand the hit, a similar blade in the same condition cannot break under the same attack later - that would be a violation of logic. If such a blade doesn't withstand the hit, it can't be made to withstand it later in some desperate, tense situation without some sort of modification.

Also, another reason for killing of characters: Closure. If you've got a side character running around the enemy base, and he's done everything of importance that he will do, plot-wise, and the principals would have to be diverted to meet up with him (or some such thing,) then the audience is not going to be terribly happy if he's left in a perilous situation and never heard from again. It's much more satisfactory, most of the time, for him to die at this point.  He could just be taken off for experimentation, or what you might, but if he's a good, at least fairly well-developed character, then people are going to want to know what happens to him. And unless there's an opportunity for his return in a future story, that's not going to happen if he lives.

Why do that? If you have a character running around an enemy base, he is an epicly awesome character and he deserves an epicly awesome escape. Have him steal a vehicle or something, smash a bunch of stuff, throw in some really freaking awesome explosions, turn on the rock music you saved for the soundtrack, and throw in some super-cool one-liners in just to make it fair. 

Now you may argue "the enemies in the base are too powerful for that, and they would eventually find him and kill him." Well ok. But what decides that? Logic. :P

(In this case, the "enemies" in the proverbial "base" were obviously too powerful for Krika. But I don't think we're even talking about that anymore...)

Or you could not put side characters in a situation where they're likely to die, and let them get on with their lives in whatever dimension they existed in before you pulled them into your story.

But really, now we're discussing writing techniques more than Krika's death. Suffice it to say that all the Makuta in that arc were meant to die. Some we were happy to see go. Others felt less unsympathetic. Let's be fair. Krika might have had regrets, but he was a Makuta. He would have screwed over everyone eventually.

This. 

Part of why Krika exists (other than to provide an excuse for Miserix to live, and save the Toa Hagah, which some people might have wanted to die :P - new headcanon! I'm stealing that.) is probably to try to cultivate audience impact for the Makuta's deaths, rather than "they are just bad guys anyway, kill them all." This probably succeeded a little too well, causing the audience to focus on him and sympathize instead of enhancing the impact of the whole thing. 

• Upvote 2

Eh, I'm fine with most of the stuff in canon. I can't really change it, and so while I wish sometimes things could be changed, I usually accept it for what it is. 

The closest thing to a headcanon for me is probably imagining different characters participating in the final battle of Bara Magna. Also everything in Reign of Shadows wrapped up somehow and Yesterday Quest and The Powers That Be never happened.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Post-Reformation headcanon:

- Matoran, Agori and turaga live in the Agori settlements, though gravitate towards their own kind rather than live completely integrated. Many of the Matoran defense forces formed on Mata Nui and elsewhere have started recruiting Agori into their ranks.

- Glatorian who have proved themselves worthy can present themselves to Mata Nui-in-Ignika at the New Atero Kini Magna and have their weapons/selves imbued with elemental powers. Thereafter, they are considered "Toa" and can join Toa Teams.

- Tahu and the other Nova have taken over administrative duties for the Spherus Magna regions their elements have settled in, behaving as warrior-Turaga (to the Matoran) and benevolent Element Lords (to the Agori).

- Most Skrall have joined the Onu-Matoran as willing servants. The warrior class now rides with the Ussalry, and the worker class acts as aboveground representatives for their Onu-Matoran traders, who dislike the bright light outside. Other Skrall have fallen into the Bone Hunters' ranks.

- The Shadowed One is setting himself up as a warlord. While not openly hostile or an ally to the Matoran/Agori society, he has helped their development by conquering a lot of nearby threats, but has also taken some Agori lands to build on. Right now, he seeks some way to tame the Baterra, reasoning they couldn't be much more difficult than the Hordika Dragons

- Velika was eventually hoist by his own petard: When Heremus (the GB) contacted the nascent Toa Lords (the Nova, see above), he quickly realized what Velika had begun to do, and helped the Toa stop his ambitions. Angonce has also reappeared, though he doesn't take as much of an interest in the MU immigrants as Heremus does.

- Miserix has not appeared in many months, except as a distant draconic silhouette. This has given rise to the legend of the Dragon King; a Rahi powerful enough to command all other Rahi. Miserix finds these rumors enjoyable, and may be encouraging them.

- The Bota Magna sand tribe have taken their degenerate brethren under their wing, and the Vorox and zesk have started showing improvement enough to work alongside Toa Teams as trackers and live with Su-Matoran nomads.

- The Order of Mata Nui serves Heremus, though he leaves Helryx in charge most of the time. Helryx appears to have a minor crush on Heremus, one of the few GBs she ever met. Their duties seem primarily to guard New Atero, but many of their operatives remain incognito, with Krakua becoming a minor celebrity among De-Matoran, Axonn having (apparently) retired, and Brutaka working directly with Heremus, who is studying how the antidermis affected him.

- The Toa Hagah are now in charge of training Glatorian warriors, and aren't above entering the arena themselves occasionally, just to show their charges 'how things are done'.

- Takanuva has joined the Mahri as their Sixth Ranger. Jaller and Hahli have resumed their relationship, as have Hewkii and Macku, who has somehow managed to get herself appointed as the Toa Mahri's Chronicler.

- The Skakdi Nation is the next great threat to the Matoran/Agori society, having already enslaved the Vortixx, though it's hard to tell who's in charge within the fortress factories.

- Ehlek's species are staunch allies of the Ga-Matoran, with Gali and Ehlek being on good terms. They work together to keep the coastline reasonably free of dangerous Rahi.

• Upvote 3

Anonna was a Great Being who tried to seek a greater uplifting in intelligence than the rest of her kin had so mysteriously received. Her depredations upon travelers passing through the wilderness cause the "desert madness." It is the result of a feeding method she found to be less deadly than that which she used on the Iron Tribe.

Zesk and Vorox never degraded in intelligence, but their shift in language and culture following the Shattering caused them to be treated like animals by the other tribes. It doesn't help that some, like the Vorox Mata Nui encountered, occasionally develop severe desert madness and indiscriminately attack those from other tribes before they recover.

Gresh and Vastus happen to be descended from the Air Tribe, a people that merged into the Jumgle Tribe before the Element Lord era.

Most Element Lords had a few of their soldiers physically reconfigured, like Tarduk. The Lord of Sand was the only one to apply these modifications universally.

Glatorian and Leader Class Skrall are not separate breeds or species, but merely cybernetically enhanced individuals.

Matoran count in base 6, so 100,000 years to them is 7776 years to us.

After the creation of the Av-Matoran, the Great Beings devised two slightly different programming archetypes for the remaining beings. Each archetype was paired with whichever elemental programming-systems they thought it was more compatible with, unintentionally causing an unbalanced divide of the two archetypes among the elements. After Orde's failure to pacify the Zyglak, the entire Psionics element was switched to the uncommon archetype, under the assumption that it would match the Psionics system better. Mata Nui recycled these archetypes for the creation of all other sapient species, and the Makuta even used stripped-down versions for their creations.

As the MU beings became self-aware, these archetypes became thought of as genders. Even Av-Matoran, the Bahrag, and Mata Nui, programmed without either archetype, eventually were considered gendered. The equation of these genders with the Spherus Magnan male and female genders is common.

Romantic feeling is rare in MU beings and has no significant societal manifestation, leading some to assume it does not exist.

The longfang is the nest-secreting, scaly Rahi Krahka took the form of to attempt to trap the Toa Metru.

The Makuta is a corrupted branch of Mata Nui's programming he discovered early in his existence. Since it threatened to injure him if he attempted to destroy it, Mata Nui split it into many independent minds and gave each its own powerful body, but only a fraction of the whole of the Makuta's knowledge and sapience. Brutaka inadvertently absorbed nearly all of the original consciousness of the Makuta from the antidermis pool, missing only the pieces retained in the still-living Teridax and Miserix.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I ought to add this fairly important bit of headcanon of mine: Vacuum is actually an element of its own, and is far more powerful than many people believe. But since there's never been a Toa of Vacuum, no one's really bothered to look into it. I've taken this even further within my own personal universe (the Phoviverse - I'm working on a website about it all) where Vacuum beings can only be born from virgin births and are powerful enough to destroy huge swathes of space by making it all tumble into a more true vacuum. On the flip side, Sonics is a much weaker element than most make out.

This also influences my order of most powerful Bohrok-Kal: Lehvak-Kal, Nuhvok-Kal, Pahrak-Kal, Kohrak-Kal, Tahnok-Kal, Gahlok-Kal.

Edited by Phovos

Um... virgin births? This isn't related to gen1, is it?

1. Kaukau is a mask of breathing in general and can be used to breath poison gases, water, liquids, etc

2. Vahi is much more powerful and can be used to peer through the records of time, travel into the past (unable to affect or interact with anyone, essensially you're invisible and everything proceeds as it did), Travel into one random future in the multiverse and everything Voporak could do and the reverse (regression)

• Upvote 3

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

I don't remember when we ushered in the Canon Police.

They're like the Spanish Inquisition. They just show up when they feel a Disturbance in the Canon, like someone daring to suggest gender equality and non-Fikou Rahi.

Quick! The Caninquisition has cometh! If we are to survive this, we must cut off the serpents head! All charge to overthrow the Canapacy with our valiant leader, Headrych Caningli, so that we will thence be free to make our head canons as we please without the tyranny of the opressors! I declare this, the Canon Reformation!! towar.gif

Okay, that got a little out of hand.... Alright, with Vezon's current appearance, I always thought the mask fusion would be akin to the Ignika, so the back of his head juts out with those curvy Olmak spikes, like so:

http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/Dimensional-Hoppurtunity-112381371

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I just have a few:

1.- The Red Star doesn't revive desceased beings:. This has always bothered me, especially reviving Botar but not Sidorak (I mean, seriusly, Botar gets crushed Gahlok-Kal-style and is revived, but Sid only gets crushed in the head and remains dead? Come on) More importantly, it kills all drama out of significant characters deads *coughLihikancough*

2.- Vahki have genders and each type is gender-mixed, but their dedication to their jobs made it unnoticeable.

3.- Matau joined Roodaka instead of Vakama.

4.- Carapar lives. He will always live.

5.- The trapped GB didin't deactivate Vezon's power. Vezon still has it but has forgoten how to use it.

6.- The Bahrag created more Bohrok-Kal, but due to a malfunction only six awoke.

7.- Gender-mixed tribes. Not 50/50, it varies between tribes.

8.- Roodaka became and is the ruler of Xia.

9.- Plasma and Psiconics aren't elemental. Toa in the story with this power gain it via Kanohi or mutation.

10.- Velika is not a Great Being.

1.- The Red Star doesn't revive desceased beings:. This has always bothered me, especially reviving Botar but not Sidorak (I mean, seriusly, Botar gets crushed Gahlok-Kal-style and is revived, but Sid only gets crushed in the head and remains dead? Come on) More importantly, it kills all drama out of significant characters deads *coughLihikancough*

5.- The trapped GB didin't deactivate Vezon's power. Vezon still has it but has forgoten how to use it.

1. The reason Sidorak remains dead is because the Kestora need to have the brain intact. The brain is like the hard drive of your computer. If your monitor or keyboard breaks, you can get them repaired. But if the hard drive is damaged badly enough, it's difficult, if not impossible to bring it back, unless you had a backup. This backup in the MU is Kanohi. Kanohi bypass the need for a brain, but only for a limited time. Sidorak wore no Kanohi, and, therefore, had no backup. Botar had his body crushed by his armor, but some of his insides, like his brain/core processor, remained mostly intact. Keetongu crushed Sidorak's head in, thus dooming him beyond repair.

5. He did, actually. The GB turned off the Olmak's power briefly, and then switched it back on when Vezon agreed to help him. How do you think he made that portal to pull Brutaka, Miserix, and the others from space to Bota Magna? Currently, Vezon's dimension-hopping abilities are fully active.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~