Headcanons

JMSOG

In my head canon:

-More than 1000 Matoran ended up on Mata-Nui, thus allowing some deaths to happen in the Dark Time, Bohrok War, and MoL Quest.

-MoL Saga is called the Quest of the Helm of Avas (Avas being a form of of Av, Light)

-Exo-Toa have their own name outside use by Toa, possibly Kehpatu

-Mata Nui Cow is still call Mukau

-Every rahi that has treads actually has appropriate locomotion for whatever animal the represent.

-An Olmak Nuva would allow the wearer to venture into completely different universes, like Vezon meeting Alduin or Darth Vader. :P

-The Olmak on Vezon's head is black, so there is a black to silver blend going on.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

For G1, romance remains throughout it and Matoran elements are not gender-specific. I tend to also ignore official scale and measurements (like there only being 1000 Matoran in Metru Nui and Voya Nui taking up most of the continent it detatched from). I also like to explore alternate 2005 arcs that don't have Vakama turning evil, and what would happen if the Bota Magna arc had its chance to occur.

I also like to believe some of my favorite theories I have heard on this forum, like the Order of Mata Nui made Krakua deaf to remove the weakness that Matoran/Toa of Sonics have with loud noises. That is also why he wears a mask of telepathy to make up for not being able to hear noises.

Edited by J46 Nui
  • Upvote 2

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I also like to believe some of my favorite theories I have heard on this forum, like the Order of Mata Nui made Krakua deaf to remove the weakness that Matoran/Toa of Sonics have with loud noises. That is also why he wears a mask of telepathy to make up for not being able to hear noises.

Just for the sake of pointing out, this doesn't have to be. Krakua could reduce the sound coming to his ears using his Sonics power. Also, not all sounds come from thoughts - a Suletu won't tell you about armor scraping sounds, explosion sounds, that sort of thing. 

Might be just be me :shrugs:, but I'd think for a Toa of Sonics the ability to hear would be critical. How do you dampen the sounds of you prowling past the enemy if you don't know what those are? It seems impractical. I don't think the Order would go for that. 

• Upvote 2

Just for the sake of pointing out, this doesn't have to be. Krakua could reduce the sound coming to his ears using his Sonics power. Also, not all sounds come from thoughts - a Suletu won't tell you about armor scraping sounds, explosion sounds, that sort of thing. 

Might be just be me :shrugs:, but I'd think for a Toa of Sonics the ability to hear would be critical. How do you dampen the sounds of you prowling past the enemy if you don't know what those are? It seems impractical. I don't think the Order would go for that. 

He could hear before, so he would know what sounds are. Plus, I'm just saying he can't hear the sounds, but I still think he would be able to feel sounds, either through vibrations or some connection with his element. I think it would be more impractical to have a warrior who could be defeated by a splitting headache whenever anyone said anything in a voice that was louder than a whisper.

He could hear before, so he would know what sounds are. Plus, I'm just saying he can't hear the sounds, but I still think he would be able to feel sounds, either through vibrations or some connection with his element. I think it would be more impractical to have a warrior who could be defeated by a splitting headache whenever anyone said anything in a voice that was louder than a whisper.

To be fair, I agree with the last sentence, but I don't think De-Toa have that particular weakness. It doesn't make sense for them to have it, so why would they?

To be fair, I agree with the last sentence, but I don't think De-Toa have that particular weakness. It doesn't make sense for them to have it, so why would they?

It is outright stated in Brothers in Arms chapter 4 that they do have that weakness and that is why there are not many of them around. It was also stated there that the Order had to do something to Krakua in some way to overcome that weakness. I guess they might have been some of the earlier Matoran made by the Great Beings and did not have all of the kinks worked out. Or maybe they thought that they had made the Av-Matoran too powerful, so they made the De-Matoran a bit weak.

Edited by J46 Nui

Headcanons don't always have to make perfect sense, especially in a story where a lot of canon doesn't make perfect sense :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

It is outright stated in Brothers in Arms chapter 4 that they do have that weakness and that is why there are not many of them around. It was also stated there that the Order had to do something to Krakua in some way to overcome that weakness. I guess they might have been some of the earlier Matoran made by the Great Beings and did not have all of the kinks worked out.

I think you're confusing De-Toa with De-Matoran (which do have that weakness). Krakua was in the battle in Metru Nui and talked with Vakama, and there's no indication that the old Turaga whispered. (In fact, such Toa in the normal order of things would be protecting De-Matoran from attacks, and that probably includes loud noise. Obviously they would not have that weakness IMO. Comes with the title.)

In any case, an Order alteration wouldn't have to be total deafness. :shrugs: As it is impractical to have a warrior who could be defeated by someone talking loudly, so it is also impractical to have a warrior that can't hear for no reason. I don't see why the Order would purposefully make him deaf. 

Headcanons don't always have to make perfect sense, especially in a story where a lot of canon doesn't make perfect sense :P

Yeah, I know, I'm being silly. But what's the point of bringing up a headcanon in yonder thread if we can't have a little discussion? :P [/lame excuse]

Alright, fine lol. I'm taking my bullets. This is a little much. I shall now make a quick and trendy escape - suffice to say, I do not share Mr. J46 Nui's headcanon. 

It is outright stated in Brothers in Arms chapter 4 that they do have that weakness and that is why there are not many of them around. It was also stated there that the Order had to do something to Krakua in some way to overcome that weakness. I guess they might have been some of the earlier Matoran made by the Great Beings and did not have all of the kinks worked out.

I think you're confusing De-Toa with De-Matoran (which do have that weakness). Krakua was in the battle in Metru Nui and talked with Vakama, and there's no indication that the old Turaga whispered. (In fact, such Toa in the normal order of things would be protecting De-Matoran from attacks, and that probably includes loud noise. Obviously they would not have that weakness IMO. Comes with the title.)

In any case, an Order alteration wouldn't have to be total deafness. :shrugs: As it is impractical to have a warrior who could be defeated by someone talking loudly, so it is also impractical to have a warrior that can't hear for no reason. I don't see why the Order would purposefully make him deaf. 

Nope, I am not mixing up the traits. Here's a direct quote from the source:

“Krakua is someplace safe,” said Jerbraz. “Now he can be trained. There’s a reason you don’t see a lot of Toa of Sonics around – they are vulnerable to their own power. One of the Great Beings’ little jokes, I guess. We’ll make sure he can use his power – all of it – when he becomes a Toa someday … because we’re going to need it.”

Anyway, the person who came up with the theory explained it better than I ever could. I was just making an example of some theories I liked.

Edited by J46 Nui
  • Upvote 1

The element lords in their everyday forms were considered very beautiful, for instance the Lord of Jungle had a coat of ferns and orchids, and the Lord of Ice was covered in frost-crystal patterns. Their more frightening forms seen in the comics were used for war.

I like this one!

Here's a few more in regards to the Element Lords.

-After the Element Lord of Water got comfortable with his abilities, he ditched the fish bowl and formed himself a decent face. :P

-The Element Lord of Sand is not actively engaged in the conflict with the others.  He is lamenting the Vorox's devolution and is going to reveal himself to the Matoran and Agoir and try to persuade them to help "cure" the Vorox.

Edited by Biff
  • Upvote 1

Until further notice, I'm applying as many Gen I details as possible to the Gen II story.  Such as the Protectors having Turaga names, villagers being called Matoran, masks having Kanohi names--- I'm imagining all of this to be true until we either get official names for them or it is confirmed that there are no names.

idk man

Here's a few that I've always had for my canon universe:

- Gender-dominant tribes

- Romance exists in the MU, but more as just a really strong bond than anything else

- The whole Matoran shrinking/rebuilding thing didn't happen, and that 2001 Matoran builds were the default for the species, although there existed minor regional deviations.

- More than one thousand Matoran were brought to Mata Nui, and subsequently perished in the thousand years afterward.

- Only the named species are actual species in the MU, and many of the other creatures inhabiting it are one-of-a-kind or nearly so, and were designed for specific purposes within the GSR that didn't require entire species.

- The Great Beings were orginally fully organic, but by the time of the Shattering had completely replaced their organic parts with technological ones, even putting their consciousnesses into robotic brains.

-The Dark Hunters are a much smaller faction than canonically stated, with the named members making up the majority of the group.

- (Stealing from an earlier post with this one) A Makuta cannot use a power if he has made a Kraata of it until he reabsorbs the Kraata. If the Kraata is killed, the Makuta loses the power. Teridax lost six powers at the battle for Kini-Nui

• Upvote 1

My BZRPG Profile

Haiko

Matoran and other creatures in the Matoran Universe are non-gendered.

Matoran have a concept SIMILAR to romance, but it is more like kinship of spirit - "soulmates" if you like.

A new Matoran has never come into existence since the Great Spirit Robot started its journey. Because the Red Star was designed to repair damaged Matoran, the Great Beings overlooked the possible need to create new ones.

As they do not have genders, any two beings in the Matoran Universe might form the soulmate bond with each other, regardless of gender as it is presented to us by the narration.

*Quietly...*

*Ships Pohatu and Kopaka.*

• Upvote 1

Being alive, the Ignika could mutate itself, and at one point altered itself to have the power of Conjuring, which in turn allowed it to use any power it could imagine, hence its insanely many, seemingly unrelated abilities.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I have a few. There are more people who have gender-mixed tribes than I thought.

1. Masks do not move like in the movies (ie. talking). They are just pieces of metal with special powers.

2. All Matoran, Turaga, and most Toa have two fingers like the Toa Mata.

3. Red Star resurrection is not possible.

4. All Matoran, Agori, and Protectors are unique, no one looks exactly the same.

Edited by Regal

• 5 months later...

some assorted g1 headcanons

• tamaru is trans - before you sit here and hit me with "theyre robots and gender doesnt work the same way as humans" or whatever, tamaru is also trans in the context of how gender would work in matoran society as well, specifically she would be the matoran equivalent of a trans girl
  • during the rebuilding ceremony, she decided to rebuild her body specifically using the design for ga-matoran, instead of the one for le-matoran as she was supposed to. she still kept her teal/lime colour scheme, though, which is the only thing that really sets her apart from the residents of ga-koro, which is where she spends a good amount of her time, due to her fear of heights yet passion for swimming, which she is now especially adept at due to her new aquatically specialized ga-matoran frame
  • after seeing the workers during the miners strike affix candles to their masks and seeing the potential safety hazard, nuparu designed specialized armour additions that workers could affix candles or lightstones to, to eliminate the risk of hot candle wax dripping behind a workers mask vents and burning their face
  • nuparu and a small team of engineers also were the ones to design the rebuilt torsos. given to them by the turaga were designs for the rebuild (the engineers didnt know these were how the matoran originally looked on metru nui), however they decided to deviate from these designs, both because of the limited resources on mata nui and to give the populace more varied bodies that were more suited to their respective environments, such as burlier bodies for onu-matoran, smaller more aquatic forms for ga-matoran, more athletic forms for po-matoran, etc. after initial blueprints were made, they made further alterations to the designs by rebuilding each other as they went along, sometimes completely de-building themselves back to their original small forms if a design seemed like a lost cause. they would often test the actual capabilities of their designs at night when the sun was down and the rest of the island was asleep. these two things combined resulted in many injuries. they would occasionally, but not often, show the turaga their progress, or perhaps vaguely ask villagers of other koro what the ideal build for their environment would be, for advice on how to design the armour.
  • kapura has issues with dissociation
  • lewa suffers from ptsd
  • pohatu still has eye problems after the nui-jaga attack during mnog

uhh thats actually all i have right now? i thought i had more and i thought i had some that werent so pre-metru nui specific but oh well. maybe ill get some more later

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get the idea that the ga-matoran look different from the rest of matoran. Here's tamaru, let's compare him to a ga-matoran say marka. Yes they both look the same so case closed right? Well no, this is Nuhrii, he also looks like Tamaru and Marka minus the mask (insert bane joke here). So I'm honestly confused as to where this whole "he changed his torso to match the ga-matoran torso" comes from. From what we see of them they all look the same sans the masks. But hey I may be missing something. Just curious about this is all I'm asking.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

That the GSR (and beta-GSR) aren't so stupidly big as they actually are.

That tribes don't determine gender (or, as someone else said, they're mostly one gender or another, not completely one gender or another).

That there are little Bohrok exit tunnels in every Wahi, with a warning sign nearby.

That stylistic differences or slight flaws in Kanohi lead to slightly different styles or strengths of their powers.

I'm sure there are a bunch more, but I can't think of them currently.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I never liked headcanons ,because they're basically just an excuse for people to be ignorant towards the true canon.

These particular headcanons grind my gears the most.

50/50 gender tribes (Pretty sure it's always been stated that the water tribes are the only ones to have females in them)

Trangender characters exist in Bionicle (There are none)

Psionics or Plasma not being elements (They may not be elements in real life, but they are in Bionicle)

I could go through more, but there just wouldn't be any reason to.

• Upvote 2

67685335.jpg             

Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for 60 or more days. Revived topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)