Quest For The Most Popular Bionicle Set: The Finals

Toa Malachives

Favourite Set From The Most Popular From Each Year  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We own the Lhikan & Kikanalo, and I'm pretty sure we got it from the Lego catalog or online somehow. It couldn't have been a store exclusive.

I think it was exclusive to Toys R Us, but all store exclusives are also available directly from Lego. It would make sense if you got it from the catalog, or order it from Lego.

AXKP5KC.png

I expected to vote for Lhikan & Kikanalo . . . pulled up images of all the finalists . . . considered voting for Maxilos & Spinax . . . and still voted for Lhikan & Kikanalo.

Tahu Mata: Not enough articulation. Also, Lewa and Kopaka foreeeever!

Exo-Toa: It's nice, but I can't see enjoying it as much on its own as I would other titans. Not enough character.

Takanuva with Ussanui: Suffers from the same flexibility issues as Tahu Mata, though the vehicle makes him a little better.

-> Lhikan & Kikanalo: Great looking toa with working elbows and knees, great looking steed for him to ride on.

Toa Iruini: Also good, but doesn't have much of an advantage over Lhikan, doesn't have a steed, and those spinners fall off.

Brutaka: I've never been much of a fan, but I can't really pinpoint why. Maybe it is because his head looks so tight against his torso. Maybe not. In any case, I prefer the two Being & Beast sets, both for their playability and appearances, but Brutaka may have been third.

Maxilos & Spinax: My runner-up. I especially like his working torso pistons which remind me of the piston designs on the sides of the Mata/Nuva torso. In the end, though, I had to go with Lhikan & Kikanalo. Spinax is kind of hard to move around, especially if he's on the chain, and is rather sparsely built. Plus, having a beast the other character can ride on seems a little more fun.

Takanuva Titan: Maybe I put him together wrong or something, but my Takanuva '08 always has his head flopping from side to side. The only way I can resolve the problem is to put his chin tight against his chest piece, so he is always looking down. If not for that, I might have put him over Brutaka. I don't like the Takadox heads, but that's a very minor issue for me.

Mata Nui Canister Set: There's nothing really wrong with Mata Nui, though I'd rather his shoulder and ankle armor were a little more compact, but in the end, he is a toa, and I see no reason to favor him over a toa with a Kikanalo. He does have the Mask of Life, but Toa Ignika and Mata Nui Titan have the better versions of that.

Tahu Stars: We're back to the fixed joints. I'm fine with that for a matoran, which is more or less what Tahu Stars is, but I can't give him the crown. Although I will say I really like the look when he has all the golden armor on, although that's taking pieces from the other Stars as well. Not that he looks bad with just his Golden Hau.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

How is Lhikan winning? He's a limited edition set. Therefore he cannot be the most popular. People would have to have a chance, or OWN the set to be the most popular. I don't have Lhikan. I do have Tahu.

...? What do you mean? To be popular, it just has to be popular. It just means people like the set. They don't even have to own something to like it. Besides, it was just a store exclusive-one of quite a lot throughout Bionicle's history. To not count all those store exclusives would be silly.
Lhikan is a limited edition SET. LIMITED meaning not everyone can/could obtain it. And as for the most popular SET it should have been one of the standard sets that could be obtained by your normal kid. It doesn't make sense that it's on here because it can NOT be the most poluar set. I don't care if you wish you had it, or if you like it, you have to vote for the SET which is most popular. And that was Tahu Mata, hands down it wasn't even a question. Everyone knows Tahu is the most popular set (factually) and that of one of the most purchased and owned. This poll needs to be changed to not include sets of limited value.
Why are you capitalizing "set"? Edited by abstractAgamid

Arguably, the Metru build was the best. Gear functions and articulation. Fairly said, it as basic articulation compared to the Inika build, but they managed to combine it and functions in a way not seen until 2015. Personally, I prefer it for MoCing purposes, since it has better proportions than the overly wide inika torsos. Lhikan and Kikanolo just happened to combine two of the more awesome beings to come out of 2004.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm surprised Tahu Stars got any votes. 

For me, it was a tough choice between Maxilos and Spinax and the Exo-Toa. Maxilos has really awesome articulation in his neck and shoulders that gives more personality than other titans and looks cool with his pistons. Spinax is also a wonderful "extra". I eventually went with the Exo-Toa because it's a more unique build and its play function is something never replicated in a later set. There is nothing like it in Bionicle, and I love it because of that aspect. 

I still don't think there's anything particularily redeeming about the 2001 Toa other than they're the first. They have simple builds and lack articulation compared to many of the new sets.

They have excellent color schemes and look aesthetically nice in general. Plus, gear functions (And more fun ones than the Toa Metru). 

Edited by Latrodectus

All these years later, Lhikan & Kikanalo remains one of my absolute favorite sets. Brutaka and 2008 Takanuva come very close behind as excellent sets as well, but they just can't top that duo.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Brutaka :)

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.