Dino-Riders Monoclonius w/ Mako

Roa McToa

I've always had a love for this old toy line from the late 80's. I grew up with Dino-Riders and ever since I got into Bionicle I have wanted to build them on epic proportions. Now that I have enough pieces and the skills to build them, I am trying my hand at them and liking the results! I want them to all retain an action feature like the original toys had.

This is my first completed Dino-Rider model. This is the Rulon Monoclonius with Mako. Mako is a hammerhead shark headed Rulon warrior. The dinosaur has head ramming action and can be seen below in the video link. Theres more photos in my gallery on Flickr.

Google Dino-Riders if you want more details on the characters and story. You will see whats in store for the future....

15453895144_42d21de558_c.jpgDino Riders Monoclonius

15456527493_03a3fb610a_c.jpgMonoclonius with Mako

15890432747_268cd387cf_c.jpg100_9874

16076198725_796fc7ff17_c.jpg100_9880

16076198445_221b063cb5_c.jpg100_9882

16074266691_c872b469c0_c.jpg100_9885

The original toy for reference...

15889040330_accafc4ed7_m.jpg20141221_175420 15890230809_29ae7987eb_m.jpg20141221_175430

Video of Head Ramming Action

by Archinto, on Flickr

Edited by Roa McToa
  • Upvote 14

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

*Stream of expletives*

So... Good...

*Passes out*

Edit: Please leave more constructive feedback next time!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

To be honest, I'm much more impressed with your version. It's really accurate to the source material, even if the saddle fit isn't quite as flush wih the top of the dinosaur, and the legs are a bit too thick. I am, however, quite fond of the head; your use of Technic parts to craft such an awesome-looking head thats smooth and detailed is just marvelous. You've always been one of my favorite builders ever, and seeing this reminded me exactly why :)

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Fantastic work! I don't really remember this line from childhood but you've DEFINITELY done it justice! The dino itself is my favourite part of this build but that's probably because I'm more familiar with dinos than dino riders! The head is probably my favourite part. It looks beautiful both with and without armour. The turquoise belly you've given him right along the entire length is very impressive too, I can't even begin to imagine how you achieved such a great result!!! You weren't a Zoids fan by any chance were you? I'd love to see them in Bionicle!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

...That is incredible. The dinosaur flows beautifully; the head, torso, legs, tale...everything. Perfect. And the teal, masterfully wielded! It is, undoubtedly, far cooler than the original toy. The saddle sticks out a little, but otherwise perfect. Definitely one of my favourite MOCs.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I am happy that you all like it. It was a long process to build this and took me almost a year to build i between lifes happenings.

I agree on his feet they are a little big, but it kinda gives him a cartoony appeal.... it looks cool when he is posed running. I may try and rebuild his feet later but they seem to work for now. Its stance is incredibly stable. I might drop the saddle a bricks height. I cant remember if it was raised due to clearance issues or not. Ill have to see....

EDIT: The saddle cannot be lowered without remaking the base or choosing a different turntable. The one i have under there is the firm click type which has a tall base. I can lower it almost two brickheights if i had a flat turntable.

I hope to get my Pteranodon finished soon to accompany this. The medium blaster on this dinos right side crosses over to the pteranodon as well as the deinonychus, so those may be he next two add ins.

Also noticed that i uploaded a couple of the wrong photos that had some parts that i forgot to put back into his frill after unpacking him from my brickcon tote..... more pics to come haha

Edited by Roa McToa

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

LEGO, hire this woman.

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO, hire this man.

Roa McToa is a girl. ;)  :P

Noted.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

This MOC is so awesome that words can hardly describe it. If there was a competition for building a Bionicle animal with rider, you would almost definitely win. If there was a star rating system here, I'd rate this MOC 5 out of 5 stars. ^_^  :D

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.