toa nuva 2015?

I bet many of you are wondering this too, but i was wondering if the to a will have a nuva version in future sets?

if not a Nuva version, then definitely some sort of upgrade. possibly several ones.

By the way i call moc-ing rights to this.

??????

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 3

I hope so... but I hope they won't have it be a new team name and have a promise that they won't transform again like the mistake they made with Gen1. If they have multiple transformations the story can keep these Toa as main protagonists for a while (like Ninjago and HF have done).

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You calling MoCing rights? Feh. You;re basically asking, come January, for people to 'Nuva up' their newly purchased Masters.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

As others have said, I also hope that the Toa get transformations so that they can stay as main characters in the story. Though if one of those transformations makes them 'Toa Nuva' remains to be seen. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm pretty sure the guy was joking about having 'rights' to a MOC.

But....I'm sorta on the fence one them turning into "Nuva"'s. Sure they'll most likely change form, but I doubt it's going to be G2 Nuva. 

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I hope so... but I hope they won't have it be a new team name and have a promise that they won't transform again like the mistake they made with Gen1. If they have multiple transformations the story can keep these Toa as main protagonists for a while (like Ninjago and HF have done).

I honestly don't mind to see the Toa Nuva have multiple transformations. Like they have before in the old Bionicle with the Phantoka and the Mistika line. :D

Edited by bohrokmaster

I don't know, I liked having different Toa teams, especially when they were new Toa who had previously been matoran that we knew (a la Toa Inika/Mahri).  I felt that it expanded the story in a nice way.  But yeah, it probably was a mistake for TLG not to carry the main characters farther than two years of official sets.  

Edited by Spicy Salmon Samurai

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

I'm not saying they can't have other teams too. I'm talking about the mistake where they renamed the team just because it got a transformation and then promised not to transform them again, so when people wanted them back in main story, they felt they couldn't do it. They did solve this when somebody thought of the adaptive armor, but it's much simpler if transformations just don't get you a new team name. (Of course, they could use adaptive armor again... Still.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't know, I liked having different Toa teams, especially when they were new Toa who had previously been matoran that we knew (a la Toa Inika/Mahri). I felt that it expanded the story in a nice way. But yeah, it probably was a mistake for TLG not to carry the main characters farther than two years of official sets.

I think TLG did the right thing (IMO) to bring in the "secondary" (if that's the right word:/) characters who were friends and allies of the Toa Nuva. Become Toa Inika in their adventures and later bring back the main protagonists (The Toa Nuva). And for character development it would be good to see the Toa Nuva be in the same situation as the Toa Mahri, where Kopaka could sacrifice himself to save Mata Nui and show his other side to his fellow Toa (his compassion and his friendship for Pohatu and the Toa).

On topic I like having the main protagonists (Toa Mata/Nuva) and the "secondary" protagonists (Toa Inika/Mahri and the Toa Metru/Hordika) for the main storyline. :P

I'm not saying they can't have other teams too. I'm talking about the mistake where they renamed the team just because it got a transformation and then promised not to transform them again, so when people wanted them back in main story, they felt they couldn't do it. They did solve this when somebody thought of the adaptive armor, but it's much simpler if transformations just don't get you a new team name. (Of course, they could use adaptive armor again... Still.)

I agree with you. Edited by bohrokmaster

Enough of the adaptive armour discussions :P 

I'm on the fence with this one. Consider how basic the Toa Mata were, and how their enhancement to Nuva was similarly simple but fairly gratifying for a quick upgrade.

Then look at the significant change between the Toa Nuva and the phan/mist Toa. This was of course due to having a whole load of new parts and the Inika build to start with. The change that came from several years of development was way more extreme than the rush job of essentially relaunching the almost identical Nuvas...

Now look at the Hero Factory sets that were given umpteen new versions throughout the course of the story (as has already been mentioned) Consider that their original sets must have had somewhere around 20 parts each (? am not a fan so could be making some of this stuff up...) It's easy to upgrade a 20 part set to a 25-30 part set and have it look considerably different and generally better. Many of the pre-existing parts can also be swapped out for new or different ones too as well as adding more detail pieces. From there you upgrade by giving them another 10 parts and another 10 parts until I believe they ended up with the XL Hero Factory sets right? They were essentially titan sets if I'm remembering the fleeting encounters I've had with them to date. And I think following those there were some vehicles and duelling pairs and other such variations using the same characters.

Now while I'm sure that was all great for hero factory, they started with VERY simple, almost Agori-like characters so upgrading was easy. The new Masters already have between 60-90 odd pieces (?) so upgrading them in part count isn't going tobe that easy. We also don't just want another Mata-Nuva transformation. I'm happy to drop £160 on these new Masters and their little friends but if the next wave is the same sets with different weapons and silver masks I'm going to lose a lot of faith in where the new line is going!

Also as a final point, I think someone posted up links to the Chima Constraction figures a while back. It was the first and last I've seen on them but the context of their inclusion in the topic at hand was they'd taken two existing characters and rereleased them while making small, subtle changes. The poster suggested it was easy to tell which sets were the originals and which were the rereleases but honestly I couldn't tell at all and I essentially already knew...

So realistically, I think any future forms or transformations of the new Masters will be more akin to the Nuva-Phan/Mist level of change. They can't just add bits on or swap bits out, they'll need to completely redesign the sets in order to make it worth doing in my opinion. After all, do we really want more clone waves?

Also... I think they kind of look like the Nuva already. They certainly look nothing like the Mata! They're all pumped up and armoured seven ways to sunday after all. Definitely says Nuva to me!

EDIT : Ok not really an edit as I haven't finished posting yet but still an edity sort of post-script... Just checked out Furno's sets and he originally had a 19 part set (and a 165 part bike!) in 2010. In 2011 he was given a 30 part 2.0 set and 28 part 3.0. These were followed by a 56 part Furno w/jetpack in 2012 and the whopping 103 part XL set in 2013 before becoming a minifig for 2 final sets in 2014. That's kind of what I meant by the growth in Hero Factory. Not sure such a thing will be possible with the masters' already high part count. The net step may be to XL them which I wouldn't particularly mind as long as they're done well. Furno XL looks like a step or two down from his earlier carnations IMO but I'm sure the HF fans like him!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The adaptive armor was sooo ugly. :P

Alright, on topic. Yes, they should. Maybe they should wait until 2016 to do it, but yeah. Some sort of transformational wackamadoodle doohickey thingamabob. Or just a new mask. Or something. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a new team eventually, but as someone else said, this character/story arc needs to be resolved first before they do that. 

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure the guy was joking about having 'rights' to a MOC.

But....I'm sorta on the fence one them turning into "Nuva"'s. Sure they'll most likely change form, but I doubt it's going to be G2 Nuva.

Sorry should have cleared that up. I never would prevent others from building mocs :)
  • Upvote 2

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

......I wouldn't be opposed to a new team eventually, but as someone else said, this character/story arc needs to be resolved first before they do that. 

I don't know if having the overarching Makuta vs Mata Nui storyline did any harm though did it? It just made the other storylines more like smaller battles in a larger war against the true evil of Makuta as various teams in different locations battled different aspects of Makuta's power/evil. It also gave the writing team a chance to explore very different environments and disn't restrict them too much. If you concede to sticking with just the one team for a couple years then not only could it be somewhat limiting in terms of story progress I think we would also suffer in variety of set release. That said however, this is exactly what happened with the Inika-Mahri transformation and that's the best upgrade Gen1 ever did IMO. 

Just hope we don't end up with lackluster alterations like Hefo Factory tended to get. If they're going to continue focusing on the same characters, they need to respect the fact that the majority of fans will want the 'new' set to be considerably different to the old in order to justify dropping large amounts of money on them...

Well I think it won't be likely the Toa Nuva (or should I say Nuva Masters) will be seen in 2015 but the year after that maybe...     or not :???:, but how will they become Toa Nuva and what would they look like, will all there armor become silver with there main color (if so that RIP Tapakanuva 2015 -2015  :crying: )

But what I am really hoping is that we don't see the Toa Masters for all 5,10, or something years and just get different character or G2 of old characters like the Toa Hagah, the Toa Metru and the Toa Mahri, you know, those guys.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Agreed, I think that's the worst thing they could do. It might not bother new fans but it would be a pretty big downer for fans of Gen1 Bionicle...

I expect we will see a new version of the Toa each year but with a different 'motif' so to speak. Think of the Mahri with their underwater motif, Phantoka/Mistika with their flight motif, or Hordika/3.0 heroes with their animal motifs. I suspect we'll get stuff like that but with the same heroes each time.

Only thing I don't like about such motifs is they tend to correspond to an element, and then it feels like one Toa has an unfair advantage. But if it's done right it should be fine.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

There will almost certainly be new versions of the main Toa we've already seen. However, we're not likely to see a full set of upgraded or transformed heroes until at least next year (since the current Toa are going to remain in production throughout 2015), and there are any number of ways in which the characters can be upgraded other than once again turning them into silver-clad heroes with bizarre organic masks.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Transforming the main cast seems to be a pretty recurrent theme in Lego's CCBS/constraction themes (and it was a huge recurring plot device in the old Bionicle series). So it's very likely going to happen. Won't say it will since I don't know, maybe Lego will try something different, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some sort of "Nuva" versions later down the line. Whether they call them "Nuva" or not I dunno, but all I hope for is that they don't make the masks large and unwieldy again.

Personally, I kind of hope they use a different plot device or at least don't make transformations a massive story cornerstone, but at the same time they are a toy company and their goal is to sell new toys every year and not the same set of six. But, if/when they do I do hope they make it distinctive and interesting, story-wise at least.

Personally, I kind of hope they use a different plot device or at least don't make transformations a massive story cornerstone, but at the same time they are a toy company and their goal is to sell new toys every year and not the same set of six. But, if/when they do I do hope they make it distinctive and interesting, story-wise at least.

One nice thing about the "Powered up" forms of the Toa which use the Protectors' weapons and armor is that it could foreshadow a similar means of customization for future years. That way, the Toa would not need to be mutated or transformed every year to appear in new sets. Rather, new set forms could simply be justified as a "change of armor" or new equipment, making the redesigns more akin to costume changes in a long-running TV show or comic book instead of extreme mutations that dramatically alter the nature of the characters. This could also help to make "power creep" less of an issue going forward, as the new forms for Toa could add new, interesting sub-powers or abilities while discarding those of the previous costume.

Just as an example, Ninjago has now stuck with the same ninja for four years now, and has given them new costumes pretty much twice a year. These costumes don't necessarily make them more powerful than before, but rather are a purely visual upgrade in almost every case.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Definately gonna be upgrades. Whether they fall into a mysterious chamber/liquid in ancient ruins (I would be totally okay with that), or the armory of Ekimu, you can put money on it that the Toa will transform 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Not sure why a mask maker would have an armory. (If so, wouldn't the Makuta have raided it by now?)

It's actually more traditional for Toa to raid enemy lairs/bases and transform - witness the Toa Nuva and Hordika transforms. I think a better theory is that the Toa will raid Makuta's lair and steal a new mask or two. :shrugs:

These new sets already look well armored and fairly powerful. I mean, just look at Kopaka and Onua...how can you make them more armored/more powerful? I personally don't really want these guys to be transformed...I'd rather see Bionicle make some cooler adversaries and some new allies for our already impressive masters. If any transformation happens at all, it should be either a hordika type mutation or the masters becoming the next level like turaga or whatever they would turn into in the new generation. But for all intents and purposes, I really don't want the toa being transformed. I'd rather get more characters than changing the current ones especially because it's a new beginning for Bionicle

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

If they aren't transformed, though, then what does that leave for future lines, throughout 2016 and 2017 and even beyond? Either a) a new team replacing them, and transformations are preferable to me at least, or b) no heroes released those years, which seems ludicrous, as after a year or so the original Masters are not likely to be available and thus anyone who missed them in 2015 is out of luck, and unlikely to get into a franchise which is without heroes.

It's also worth noting that transformations don't have to increase power, necessarily. They can also specialize heroes for circumstances they were previously unsuited to. For example, the Mahri or 3.0 heroes were not more powerful than their previous incarnations, but were more suited to their respective environments.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

That is definitely true. I didn't think about that aspect. However, here's the information I went off of: Bionicle is set to run 3 years right now. I agree with the hypothesis that we will see this year be about the mask of creation, and the other two years about the masks of ultimate power and control.

If we don't get new versions of our current heroes, I was thinking we'd get actual characters that are the size of protectors, perhaps wildlife (be them friendly or not), villains of course, perhaps a 7th toa (master) prophecy, and Makuta. I see a similar story arc to the original Mata Nui arc, but I'm not sure what will remain similar and what will be improved (or messed up depending on who you are). It's really too early to tell I think.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

How's this:

2015; Masters

2016: Toa Okoto (upgraded Masters)

2017: Toa Novus (upgraded Toa Okoto, lose elemental powers but gains Bohrok-Kal powers [exception of Vacuum for Lewa, swap for something else])

2018: New Masters (brand new Toa team, perhaps Metru-esque, perhaps Inika-esque.)

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png