Is Premier Membership worth it?

Rooster Nui

I ask this because for a while I've been considering getting Premier Membership, but I'm not too sure if it is worth the money of $40.50 US (BZP's life). I'd like to hear your thoughts and experience if you've got or have had Premier Membership at one stage, so I may decide whether I should get it or not.

EDIT/UPDATE: I got Lifetime Premier Membership. I finally decided.

Edited by Rooster Nui

Obviously a matter of opinion based on the perks. Different people have different priorities and what you would find useful and worthwhile, others might not. What specifically are you interested in, as far as Premier perks go?

Premier members would be more suited to tell you than I, but I will say that I've heavily considered it but haven't yet bought it. :lol:

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

While some Premier-only perks were given to all members in July, Premier Membership remains a great way to support the site while getting some pretty sweet bonuses. If you're unsure, there is a three-month kind of trial Premier Membership for $6.00.

I dunno, I'm probably biased, but I think it's worth it just to support the site. Though, I will say that the bold name in the user list is amazing.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

Obviously a matter of opinion based on the perks. Different people have different priorities and what you would find useful and worthwhile, others might not. What specifically are you interested in, as far as Premier perks go?

Premier members would be more suited to tell you than I, but I will say that I've heavily considered it but haven't yet bought it. :lol:

I'm mainly interested in donating the money to those who own BZPower to support keeping it up, aswell as making polls and entering the Premier Member raffles.

As a Premier Member, I can say that, while I don't use the perks that often, I would consider it worth it. 

The multiple Person PMs for me are a godsend, and the blog is nice too. It does feel good to support BZP this way, too. If you think you can afford it, and would like to be a PM, I can only say go for it.

Just watch out, the proto boost is literally the scariest thing ever. *shifty eyes*

• Upvote 1

I'm mainly interested in donating the money to those who own BZPower to support keeping it up, aswell as making polls and entering the Premier Member raffles.

Not to deter you, but all members can make polls in most forums now. (The Creative Outlet, for example, excludes polls.) It was part of the changes last July.

• Upvote 3

I might as well join this discussion seeing as how I'm really thinking about getting a Premier Membership in a few days.

Are there anymore perks coming in the near future, besides the ones listed?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I might as well join this discussion seeing as how I'm really thinking about getting a Premier Membership in a few days.

Are there anymore perks coming in the near future, besides the ones listed?

Soon? It's unlikely. We may see perks added during a big event, like BZP's anniversary in July, but even then I have no intel for you regarding what they may be! I would consider the list of perks to be pretty much stable for the near future.

Even though I've never been a Premier Member, I would say from the one week anniversaries in July that I've been involved in that it is worth it. I would get it just to have the blog. :P (And supporting the site doesn't hurt either.)

Edited by I Am A Walrus

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Not to deter you, but all members can make polls in most forums now. (The Creative Outlet, for example, excludes polls.) It was part of the changes last July.

I never noticed that, and I don't know how I didn't. One thing for sure is that I prefer Premier Membership over Xbox Live Gold membership, since I've slowed down on gaming.

More then anything, I'd say how great your experience as a regular member helps determine how worth Premier Membership is. If you've really enjoyed your time with BZP and felt you've gotten a lot out of it, then yes, it would worth donating to the site to help support it. While the perks are neat, I wouldn't say they radically change your experience on BZP; Premiership is a fantastic bonus if you've had a great time here, but if you don't think BZP is all that great (I hope not :P), then Premiership isn't going to fix it unless you're a born die-hard blogger.

• Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I bought lifetime back when it was $35 and used it for almost seven years. I don't really know how long I'd expected to stick around here, but now I feel it was well worth it. The blog especially. Really depends on what you're looking for and how long you expect to be around, though.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I saved up for three-and-a-half years to get the Premiership...

...just to get the polls. 

Then they decided that everyone could make polls now, and I kinda felt ripped off.

I do enjoy having a blog so far, and there has been a couple of cases where having it was a literal godsend - and it will likely prove useful later. I really haven't used too many of the other perks, like group PMs (I'm not really a game host, or at least the kind where that would be needed) or attaching files to posts (you still can't attach pptxs I need to make tracker ticket to fix that, hmm?) or increased gallery space (Flickr has so much more) or increased PM space (do I?). I haven't regretted my purchase, but I didn't get what I expected out of it.

At least I don't have to think about whether to buy Premiership and the best strategy to do it anymore. The brain processing power saved was definitely worth the $40. 

Edited by fishers64

To be honest I only bought it to make polls and support BZPower. And, of course, for the pretty blue title under my username.

I think blogs are the biggest reason to buy it (after supporting the website of course), so I would use that to decide whether or not you want it. Speaking of which, I should probably update mine for the first time since January 2011...

IetTsFQ.png

If you like the site and want to support it? I'd say it's totally worth it. Even though I only rarely make use of the perks, I certainly enjoy having them. And knowing I helped support my favorite community is its own reward.

If anything, I regret buying lifetime premiership back when I did, and then only because if I had bought monthly or yearly memberships instead, I'd probably be POBZPC by now. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I got lifetime Premier in late 2006. I can't imagine my time on BZPower without my blog.

I had a more self-centered view of it at the time (I mean, I was ten), but I've really come to appreciate the site-supporting aspect of getting it.

Regardless of all that, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. ^_^

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I know you decided and everything, but I got Lifetime back like... 200... 7? Maybe. Somewhere around there. The larger inbox was lovely, I never had to delete messages, the blog is wonderful to have to sort of just write and put whatever you want in there, provided it's within the rules. Rank images, poll privileges, game privileges, I never took advantage of and never really cared enough about to take advantage of. Supporting the site, having a blog and seeing my name more clearly was worth it enough for me at the time.

It's snazzy and nice, and a great way to support the website if that's what you want to do.

Hm... A blog, faster name changes, and a bigger inbox... I'm now strongly considering taking up Premier Membership. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I got a lifetime premier membership a long time ago, and even got a lifetime premier membership for a friend as a present. Now, I can't tell you whether I've gotten my money's worth out of my own premier membership. I don't use my blog or other premier perks terribly often (though, to a certain extent, that makes a lifetime membership make MORE sense than just a temporary one). But part of the reason I didn't hesitate to get it was that in addition to perks like getting my own blog, I knew I was also supporting a site that I loved and hoped to be a part of for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of having my own blog (it'll help me get out some of my frustrations if that's what it can be used for), and changing my name more often, but $40 bucks seems a bit...Steep to me. It's worth it for the lifetime membership alone, though.

I dunno, maybe I'm stingy with my money. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I like the idea of having my own blog (it'll help me get out some of my frustrations if that's what it can be used for), and changing my name more often, but $40 bucks seems a bit...Steep to me. It's worth it for the lifetime membership alone, though.

I dunno, maybe I'm stingy with my money.

For $10.50 or $16.50 you can get six-month or one-year Premier Membership, which is a lot less steep! A good introduction for you to determine if the whole $40 is worth it.

~B~

The only thing you might be interested in is the blogs ;and last I checked, blogs are only unlocked to Premier members, which is ridiculous tbh.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  It's true that only Premier Members can post entries and run a blog, but every member can access, read, and comment on them.

OpAXNpl.jpg

The only thing you might be interested in is the blogs ;and last I checked, blogs are only unlocked to Premier members, which is ridiculous tbh.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  It's true that only Premier Members can post entries and run a blog, but every member can access, read, and comment on them.

I guess I'm saying that it's ridiculous that such a menial thing is kept behind a "paywall" of sorts.

TBH, you shouldn't have to give money to BZP to get a blog.

P.S.

I'm not an avid blogger myself, but some people might not want to give up the dough just to be able to have a blog.

P.S.S.

I know the blog is there to make give the Premier Members something back, but couldn't something a little more meaningful be done?

Like being given a BZP hat or something?

67685335.jpg             

I guess I'm saying that it's ridiculous that such a menial thing is kept behind a "paywall" of sorts.

P.S.

I'm not an avid blogger myself, but some people might not want to give up the dough just to be able to have a blog.

P.S.S.

I know the blog is there to make give the Premier Members something back, but couldn't something a little more meaningful be done?

(I was just turned into a Premier Remember an hour ago, lol) 

Having a blog isn't as great as people make it out to be, yeah I like to vent there and stuff but that's only weekly. And you can't expect to get anything great, because you're giving a donation to the site and not really buying anything. The only main reasons I got this was the faster name change, and ability to participate in special drawings/events that normal members can not. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I've never really used many of the perks of it, having only posted blog updates infrequently over many months, but it is the best way to support the site rather than just donating without the acquisition of premier perks. As someone who doesn't read or post blogs on BZPower, the best perks I've seen from premier membership are entering in premier raffles and seeing your rank image as you earn new ranks over time. I see you've gone ahead and purchased your premier membership, so you'll find out what you like about it on your own now. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

P.S.

P.S.S.

BZPower is a forum website, not a blogging website. I don't see how it's unreasonable that a blog is a privilege for those who donate, not a right.

Besides, there is one week each year that non-Premiers are allowed to have a blog. To my understanding, that one week is absolute chaos for blog staff, more or less. Imagine if that one week were 24/7.

I can't really think of much else they could give Premier Members besides what they already do. Beyond the blogs, the proto boost, the special image above your avatar, and the various things that improve your forum experience, it would be difficult to think of something that isn't completely useless or completely over-the-top.

As for the topic's subject, I'm not the best to speak up on the worth of premier membership, considering mine was a gift from the wonderful JMJ, but I've quite enjoyed having a blog, and the other perks have been beneficial, even when I don't remember them.

• Upvote 2