Personal Set Tweaks

DoktorFreizeit

No, he's basically the shortest, with he and Onua having the shortest leg construction.  Onua has an extra neck joint, though, so depending on how that's posed Onua could be "taller".  Both Lewa and Gali have longer legs, and of course Tahu and Kopaka do as well (being larger sets).  Since the torso height is uniform throughout all the sets, the only real height change can come from the limbs.

OpAXNpl.jpg

• 1 year later...

I did some permanent eye color rearrangement on my 2002 Toa Nuva because the eye colors they had just didn't stand out. Most of my inspiration was from the Bohrok because the designers nailed their eye contrast in so many ways. I didn't add or remove any colors; just switched them around. Here's how they ended up:

Kopaka - kept violet-blue, of course. Anything else would have looked stupid. *Phantoka*

Pohatu - dark green. It really helps with his earthy vibe.

Onua - light green. He looks good with green eyes, but I just thought the dark green blended in too much. Now they really glow against his black.

Lewa - pink.

Gali - orange. The pink and orange look almost identical with the light behind them shining through, so I just took cues from the Bohrok and paired them with their contrasting color. (Note: do NOT do this with Gali Mata! The orange will be completely invisible behind her blue visor. The best eye color for her is light green)

Tahu - yellow. I was going to try blue, but I didn't want to have to replace one of the heads. Then I tried yellow, and I really liked it. The yellow still invokes a fiery glow in his eyes, but it stands out so much better than his original eye color.

I take the random pins on the 2015 toa's weapons and stash them somewhere on their bodies until I need them. Tahu and Gali have all of those pieces on the backs of their legs. It really helps Gali's axe to not have those ugly black things sticking out of the side.

I know I replaced Kopaka Nuva's shield arm with the same piece as his sword arm for a while. Partially for the symetry - more, because I wanted his arms to match his movie appearance better.

I also switched out all the '03 Matoran heads, giving them Toa Mata head pieces with appropriate eye colours, because the Matoran heads' lack of coloured eyes bugged me for ages - especially since Hewkii and Hafu were shown with distinct glowing green eyes on their box art. Also, the Mata heads for them match better with how they look in the Mata Nui Online Game 2, as well.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I did some permanent eye color rearrangement on my 2002 Toa Nuva because the eye colors they had just didn't stand out. Most of my inspiration was from the Bohrok because the designers nailed their eye contrast in so many ways. I didn't add or remove any colors; just switched them around. Here's how they ended up:

Kopaka - kept violet-blue, of course. Anything else would have looked stupid. *Phantoka*

Pohatu - dark green. It really helps with his earthy vibe.

Onua - light green. He looks good with green eyes, but I just thought the dark green blended in too much. Now they really glow against his black.

Lewa - pink.

Gali - orange. The pink and orange look almost identical with the light behind them shining through, so I just took cues from the Bohrok and paired them with their contrasting color. (Note: do NOT do this with Gali Mata! The orange will be completely invisible behind her blue visor. The best eye color for her is light green)

Tahu - yellow. I was going to try blue, but I didn't want to have to replace one of the heads. Then I tried yellow, and I really liked it. The yellow still invokes a fiery glow in his eyes, but it stands out so much better than his original eye color.

I take the random pins on the 2015 toa's weapons and stash them somewhere on their bodies until I need them. Tahu and Gali have all of those pieces on the backs of their legs. It really helps Gali's axe to not have those ugly black things sticking out of the side.

Hi Toa Meikhaal. Please make sure to check the date of the last post in a topic before you reply. The last post was made in February 2015, which counts as topic revival. Quoted from the Bionicle Discussion forum Rules:

If there have been no posts in a topic for 60 days or more in the Sets Forum, do not post in it. If you want to continue or renew the discussion, just make a new topic (don't worry, they're free of charge). Official Topics are exempt from this rule.

Like the rules say, you can feel free to create a new topic if you're interested in continuing or renewing the discussion. :)

Topic closed.