S&T#7: Memoirs -- Ihu Poll

Read the starting post below, and all the entries, then vote for your favorite to be a winner, if any  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

memoirs.png

Welcome to voting for the seventh Storyline & Theories contest: Memoirs of the Dead! First, please vote in this poll before voting here. With that out of the way, make sure you read all entries in this category before voting. The voting will close on Thursday April 30, hopefully giving plenty of time to read the entries if you haven't already. [uPDATE: The administration has decided to reduce the amount of time for voting due to little activity since the initial voting. The new deadline is Thursday, March 5.] Note that not every category will have a winner; see the linked poll for details.

Entry #1 -- Reflections by toa kopaka4372

Entry #2 -- The Mentor's Way by Mersery

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

April 30th? Do we really need that long to vote? XD

Anyway, had to come here and vote for #1 right away - I knew that it deserved to win as soon as I read it. #2 is also a solid entry - it's a shame that it must be pitted against #1 so early, but alas bad luck happens. Good luck to both!

I much prefer Entry 2. Ihu's characterization is just as I imagined him, and I like the dynamic between him and Nuju. Entry 1 just doesn't agree with my interpretation of the character.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 1 month later...

Two great short stories, certainly my favorite ones of this contest. That was a pleasure to read them, but very difficult to decide beetwen them.
In spite of some differences in plot details and certain interpretations of characters, I find that these two entries are pretty complemental in themselves (what makes the decision of the vote even more difficult =P).

But, after re-reading the only passage of "dialogue" of Ihu in BA6, reflections developed in the first entry definitively fit better with Ihu's moral than those of the second entry, in my opinion.

Anyway, a mix of both would have been perfect xP

Edited by Du7734
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two great short stories, certainly my favorite ones of this contest. That was a pleasure to read them, but very difficult to decide beetwen them.

In spite of some differences in plot details and certain interpretations of characters, I find that these two entries are pretty complemental in themselves (what makes the decision of the vote even more difficult =P).

But, after re-reading the only passage of "dialogue" of Ihu in BA6, reflections developed in the first entry definitively fit better with Ihu's moral than those of the second entry, in my opinion.

Anyway, a mix of both would have been perfect xP

They do complement each other very, very well. Arrgh I wish they could just merge the best parts of both, but overall, I think the second one was better for its characterisation of Nuju and the world (which felt more involved and alive than the first one). 

@ the authors:

Don't worry, guys! I absolutely loved reading both works and they were both very well written. I had such a hard time deciding XD Whatever happens, know that you both came out of this competition having satisfied at least one more bonkle fan!

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey