Bionicle appearances in media?

Fry

Ever since I was a little kid, I was always bugged by the way in which the characters of the Bionicle Universe were rendered in media (such as games and movies).

In Bionicle: The Game (2003), every character looks like some sort of remixed transformer vaguely based off of the sets. Every single model looks as though it can be from a N64 Game! (a bit of a stretch, I know) The same is applicable to the canceled Bionicle: City of Legends (2004) game. The movies, however, took a different approach. They aimed to make them look more... biological I guess, but the characters were at least recognizable. 

The one game that got it right was Bionicle: The Legend of Mata-Nui (2001) [yet again] and Bionicle: Quest for the Toa (2001). The Toa, the Tohunga, the Rahi, they all look like the sets! I guess that you can count MNOG... Bionicle Heroes (2006?) did a good job too.

The Legend Reborn (2009?) had the best designed characters in my opinion. 

Bionicle Heroes and The Legend Reborn are probably my favorite representations of them, especially Heroes, since it had the most characters from almost every year. And the designs were very nice. Mostly like the sets, just with a few bits to appear more lifelike. Even the bits they altered (such as adding Metru legs to the Rahkshi arms, as well as just giving them more color) I liked the look of. 

(also not exactly related but I liked how the initial weapons of the Inika in the game were generally based on those the Mata and Metru had in the sets. Very nice details there, when it applied (what even were the stone ones. pohatu's hands and onewa's. nothing))

AXKP5KC.png