Who Should Be The Next Villains?

aldero

Look. I know you are all going to mash away at your keyboards talking about Makuta, but I don't want him to be the front and centre villain just yet. This would probably build up the hype for his inevitable set, and that's another thing this new line should do.

Establish a good rogues gallery.

I really don't want to see our heroes fight Makuta each year, I want something fresh! I want to see a threat that strips them to their bare essence, a threat that tests their will and strength, a threat that is formidable enough to stand in their way. Sure, Makuta can do this all simultaneously, but I want to see something new.

I personally think that the new threat should be villains (swarms or separate characters, you choose) that also have elemental powers. This would challenge the Toa not to just rely on themselves and their powers, but each other and the world around them. This was effective when the original Toa had to hold off the Bohrok swarms. One example of this was when Kopaka, Pohatu and Gali had to work together to eliminate a swarm of Tahnok. They accomplished this by flooding a large hole full of the creatures. This is the kind of challenge I want to see, but of course, don't make it a discount Bohrok storyline.

Edited by Professor Turnip

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I've seen plenty of people mention the 'Elemental Lords'. I think similar beings would serve well as a negative to the Toa, like the Piraka were to the Nuva. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What about crabs? I always wanted the Elder Scrolls Mudcrabs to be important villains, and I think crabs could be a good replacement for spiders. They're bigger, and similarly shaped, and of course they would be amazing in the form of swarms. Could you imagine thousands of crabs crawling sideways onto the Okoto beaches, just when the Toa managed to defeat the Skull Spiders?

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

The Skull Spiders seem to me to be some kind of cross (thematically speaking) between the Bohrok and Visorak.

If I had to choose a new villain I'd go for something other than a swarm. Maybe some kind of shadow-based Toa or something.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

What about crabs? I always wanted the Elder Scrolls Mudcrabs to be important villains, and I think crabs could be a good replacement for spiders. They're bigger, and similarly shaped, and of course they would be amazing in the form of swarms. Could you imagine thousands of crabs crawling sideways onto the Okoto beaches, just when the Toa managed to defeat the Skull Spiders?

Lobster Mobsters for Bionicle 2016
  • Upvote 4

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Lobster Mobsters for Bionicle 2016

Obligatory sunglasses required. :P

No, they need to do a better job at 2009. Get a charismatic villain who convinces the Toa of the best way to defeat Makuta but is secretly the worst traitor ever. Yes!

You know who could make for an interesting villain? Ekimu. The Toa and Protectors could find the Golden Masks and beat the Skull Spiders first. But when they eventually awaken Ekimu sometime later (maybe in third year of the new story?), he is revealed to be a villain and tries to destroy them.

I don't know if that could work storywise, since we don't know a lot about it yet. But I think it could be a neat concept if pulled off correctly. 

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm still hoping for some rebooted Piraka. Maybe not anytime soon, but maybe someday...I just like the Piraka. They would be good foils, as they are practically anti-Toa. Perhaps they could resurface as actual Toa, or something, just, bad and ugly ones. I dunno. 

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

I think Makuta would make an amazing 'chaotic good' character. He doesn't necessarily want to help the toa, but if it helps him get what he wants, he'll do it for himself. As the main villian, just please not the Lord of Skull Spiders.

If i may be an absolute geek for a second, that's more Lawful/Neutral Evil. A Chaotic Good Makuta would work towards the same goals as the Masters, but choose his own method for doing so, whether or not they agreed.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm still hoping for some rebooted Piraka. Maybe not anytime soon, but maybe someday...I just like the Piraka. They would be good foils, as they are practically anti-Toa. Perhaps they could resurface as actual Toa, or something, just, bad and ugly ones. I dunno. 

I want to see something exotic like the Barraki. Instead of having the Toa venture out to another island and encountering evil, what about an invading force on the island?

I am 100% ok with both of these suggestions. Or what if they took the anti-Toa vibe of the Piraka, but made more twisted looking foes such as the Barraki? Should they do this, however, I don't want rehashed characters. I really want the writing team to come up with some new things...I mean isn't that the main point of NOT having the Makuta as the main villain?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Sentrakh isn't exactly iconic enough to justify a return. Perhaps a Dark Hunter Invasion will be our next arc.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd like to see them bring back Vezon. Considering he already has dimension travelling powers, having him end up in Okoto's timeline wouldn't be out of the question. I don't think he'd necessarily be evil though. My idea is that he'd be trapped in the Okoto timeline, so he'd work with both the Toa and Makuta/whatever other villain we have at that point to get back to the G1 timeline. He wouldn't stay completely loyal to either side though, and he'd leave whatever side he's on as soon as it's no longer convenient. For the sake of advertising, they could leave his connections with G1 pretty vague, and just advertise him as "a warrior from another dimension" or something like that.

Picture this; we get a group of six monstrous villains (Barraki) invading Okoto. They call themselves the (Dark) Hunters and have elemental powers the equal of the Masters (Piraka), but unlike them seek to find the MoUP and revive Makuta (Rahkshi, kinda), plunging the island into darkness... The Masters are equally matched, and must find a new teammate (Seventh Toa) who will tip the balance. But the Hunters seek this person as well, to end their threat once and for all.

LARGE

1) Hunter of Fire

2) Hunter of Ice

3) Hunter of Earth

MEDIUM

1) Hunter of Jungle

2) Hunter of Water

3) Hunter of Stone

4) Master of (7th element)

SMALL (Gen2 Chronicler's Company)

1) Villager of Fire

2) Villager of Water

3) Villager of Jungle

4) Villager of Earth

5) Villager of Stone

6) Villager of Ice

• Upvote 2

Picture this; we get a group of six monstrous villains (Barraki) invading Okoto. They call themselves the (Dark) Hunters and have elemental powers the equal of the Masters (Piraka), but unlike them seek to find the MoUP and revive Makuta (Rahkshi, kinda), plunging the island into darkness... The Masters are equally matched, and must find a new teammate (Seventh Toa) who will tip the balance. But the Hunters seek this person as well, to end their threat once and for all.

LARGE

1) Hunter of Fire

2) Hunter of Ice

3) Hunter of Earth

MEDIUM

1) Hunter of Jungle

2) Hunter of Water

3) Hunter of Stone

1) Villager of Fire

2) Villager of Water

3) Villager of Jungle

4) Villager of Earth

5) Villager of Stone

6) Villager of Ice

Wow. That sounds perfect. As long as the Hunters get actual names (ex. Kragdis, Hunter of Lightning) I'm all for.

1) Villager of Fire

2) Villager of Water

3) Villager of Jungle

4) Villager of Earth

5) Villager of Stone

6) Villager of Ice

I don't know if six villagers is a great idea, wouldn't they be too similar/inferior to the Protectors? The hunters sound cool though! Very much like 2003.

IetTsFQ.png

I think it would be cool to see some sort of humanoid figures, something like shadow Toa or something. Or maybe we could get a series of neutral characters next set with one distinguishable villain that controls a bunch of minions. I feel like they don't really need to follow that six-character model every time because it limits variety for the story.

LARGE

1) Hunter of Fire

2) Hunter of Ice

3) Hunter of Earth

MEDIUM

1) Hunter of Jungle

2) Hunter of Water

3) Hunter of Stone

1) Villager of Fire

2) Villager of Water

3) Villager of Jungle

4) Villager of Earth

5) Villager of Stone

6) Villager of Ice

Wow. That sounds perfect. As long as the Hunters get actual names (ex. Kragdis, Hunter of Lightning) I'm all for.

Of course. I wouldn't make a guess as to what those names would be. And as for the Villagers, it was just a guess to round out the sets.

I'd quite like an invader war-based species, one that was a similar size to the current Protectors, as a less hateful and obviously evil enemy.

Really, I just want G2 Bohrok, but these skull spiders probably mean I'll never get them.

Vampires. Something like the 2008 makuta.

so that the 7th toa can be ABRAHAM LINCOLN  TAKANUVA THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

*slow clap*

I'd like creatures similar to the 2001 Rahi as part of the next wave of villains. With some functions, they'd have a lot of play value when fighting the Toa, but depending on their sizes, the prices could be a bit high if they're to be 2 in 1 sets.

Meh. I'd like for some characters that have sapience, but the 2001 Rahi had wonderful builds. 

What I want are villains that care for each other. The entire Ignition arc was filled with backstabbing traitors that made them hardly look like a team at all. I want some villains that have a sense of compassion for each other, like having one sacrifice himself for the other, or something like that. 

• Upvote 6

bZpOwEr

I'd like to see them bring back Vezon. Considering he already has dimension travelling powers, having him end up in Okoto's timeline wouldn't be out of the question. I don't think he'd necessarily be evil though. My idea is that he'd be trapped in the Okoto timeline, so he'd work with both the Toa and Makuta/whatever other villain we have at that point to get back to the G1 timeline. He wouldn't stay completely loyal to either side though, and he'd leave whatever side he's on as soon as it's no longer convenient. For the sake of advertising, they could leave his connections with G1 pretty vague, and just advertise him as "a warrior from another dimension" or something like that.

Just because a story has alternate universes doesn't mean it contains all possible ones.

The Gen1 multiverse doesn't necessarily include the Gen2 universe, just like it doesn't include ours or Star Trek's.

Rahkshi! They would be great to set up story bits for Makuta, plus who doesn't love the Rahkshi!? As far as new villains go, I would like to see something with 4 arms, preferably hunched and bulky. I would also like a character that is like Frankenstein's monster, a creature built from a number of other cretures who isn't quite sure what to make of his new existence, though set-wise I wouldn't want it to look like a mess of random parts and colors. Perhaps it could be along the lines of the red and gunmetal  twoface-ripoff from Herofactory's Breakout wave. A creature from the black lagoon kind of monster would be cool too. I'd also like to see some winged demon-looking characters like the Makuta kinda were.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Just because a story has alternate universes doesn't mean it contains all possible ones.

The Gen1 multiverse doesn't necessarily include the Gen2 universe, just like it doesn't include ours or Star Trek's.

That's not true. Both universes are 'Bionicle' so therefore fall under the same multiverse. In fact, the Bionicle multiverses exist within DC's. So it's not a seperate entity. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's not true. Both universes are 'Bionicle' so therefore fall under the same multiverse. In fact, the Bionicle multiverses exist within DC's. So it's not a seperate entity.

That first one is shaky logic. Me sharing a name with someone else doesn't make me that person, or even related to that person. So while Gen1 could conceivably be in DC, you have more chance of Batman and Kopaka teaming up to take on Mr Freeze than Vezon showing up to do something "wacky" in Gen2. Make sense?

• Upvote 1

I would love to see the Barraki in this new generation.

Not as mutated, devolved prisoners in a pit, but as the powerful warlords they're supposed to be, with giant fleets and armies ready to conquer Okoto. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All in-story alternate universes? Gen2 doesn't have alternate universes, so it can't be part of Gen1's pocket dimensions.

I've always been a big fan of the Makuta species. Since they're shape-shifters, they could basically take on any form at all. If they do it right, I wouldn't mind seeing some more creative and unique villain designs like the Barraki. But no more spiders please, we've had enough of those already.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

All in-story alternate universes? Gen2 doesn't have alternate universes, so it can't be part of Gen1's pocket dimensions.

You don't have proof for this; his point still stands.

te0FrhT.jpg