What are "Self-Mocs"?

McNugget

A MOC that represents yourself. 

Sometimes (or at least in my case) the self MOC has features that represent the builder, such as my self MOC, Chronix for example is blue, which is my favorite color, and is quite tall like I am, also having quite slim wrists, again, like my real self. He also has blades with a "swept back" shape on the shoulders, and backward facing fin like things on the mask to match my personality. He also wears a Miru/Kadin (I haven't quite decided yet), since I've always liked the idea of flying or levitating. I also gave him the types of weapons and tools that would suit me if I was fighting Makuta or whatever. I also chose an element that suited me, Kinetics which yes yes I know, Kinetics isn't a canon element. I just liked the idea.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Can it be any less self-explanatory?

MOC=My own creation.

Self= ...you?

Self-MOC= Your own creation of yourself... Or something like that. :P

Anyway, some people just post theirs, others use them as characters in the RPGs, and I'm one of very few (you could probably count us on one hand :P ) who uses theirs for comic-making.

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Imagine yourself in the Bionicle/Hero Factory universe. Then, if you can build it, that would be your self MOC. It works along the same bases as other fandoms and self-inserts, although with Lego pieces we have the medium to actually create the being rather than just draw it/write it in (although many people do all sorts of things to either give their self-MOC a backstory, or just to have it, like a sig-fig)

Hope this helps :3

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

A self-MOC is a MOC that represents the builder, like with me, my self-MOC is Riaso which represent me.

But with new MOCers and some non-new MOCers just have a self-MOC that is the most powerful character in the world and just have nothing that represent them, like personality, like and dislike, stuff like that.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

But with new MOCers and some non-new MOCers just have a self-MOC that is the most powerful character in the world and just have nothing that represent them, like personality, like and dislike, stuff like that.

That's sort of what happened to me.

Originally, my self MOC was like I am - scrawny and short. However it was also had a lot of gaps. I tried to fill them all in by adding more layers of armor, but that just made it look really buff and unrealistic. After that, I tried thinning it our some, but that made new holes, and I had to fill those in, so...yeah...

That's why I've never showed anyone my self-MOC. The risk of being classified as a self-absorbed punk is too much. :/ 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

That's sort of what happened to me.

Originally, my self MOC was like I am - scrawny and short. However it was also had a lot of gaps. I tried to fill them all in by adding more layers of armor, but that just made it look really buff and unrealistic. After that, I tried thinning it our some, but that made new holes, and I had to fill those in, so...yeah...

That's why I've never showed anyone my self-MOC. The risk of being classified as a self-absorbed punk is too much. :/ 

Had you try small pieces like Exo-force arms, lightsaber piece and stuff like that?

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Had you try small pieces like Exo-force arms, lightsaber piece and stuff like that?

Hm, didn't think of that. I've got a lot of Exo-Force parts laying around. I might try those, since my MOC is mostly made from Technic and a little bit of CCBS. 

bZpOwEr