Favorite Uniform Weapon  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, what exactly is the purpose of a launcher? You spend more time searching for the ammo than actually using it.

Because that makes the character it's included with way more powerful than, say, if he/she came with a ranged weapon that didn't actually fire. I think Mahri Kongu is a great example of just that- the presence of two Cordaks, as opposed to one, make him look way more overpowered than the rest of the Mahri.

I forgot how little love there was for Cordak blasters or I may not have thrown away my vote so quickly! I've only recently discovered how many people had problems with them as I found they always operated perfectly. Plus they're super cool! The rotating barrel is just excellent and it made for a really good (and revolutionary - no pun intended) weapon in the sets that used it. God knows I liked it waaay better than the Inika launchers which were just as awkward to fire but looked terrible too (though frankly that could just be because the Inika sets on the whole were hideous!) 

So my vote goes to the Cordak blaster, and I don't care what the rest of you sausage fingered, ham-fisted hoodlums think about them! They work fine if you use them right :D

Funnily enough, I struggle to build/dismantle a set with zamor sphere launchers fitted without shooting someone at least once or twice. They do a good job and are my no.2 choice simply because I think the cordak blasters LOOK better.

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

There are many reasons why I like the Bohrok and all their ilk.

They have an awesome streamlined design that looks like a sports-car designer had a go at it.

They could transform and roll, smash people to next week and have these cool contrasting colours between the main body and the eyes/kranas.

The ability to launch its little brain/soul thingy and assimilate others like some Borg collective was a major part of why I liked it so much.

I loved the idea that it was both a strength and a weakness at the same time, and instead of being some attachable tool was an actual

part of their body, a part of who they were.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

The Bohrok krana launcher easily wins for me. It's a weapon completely integrated into the set's other function (the neck snap). I didn't even realize it was an actual feature until over a decade later when I saw someone point it out. It works well enough and doesn't take away from the aesthetic of the sets. I think the Bohrok are the most ingeniously-designed canister sets of all time, and the ability to launch Krana without obtrusive pieces is just one aspect of that genius. 

After that... Probably the Shadow Leech bombs. Wonderful idea  that was well-incorporated into the sets and gave us cool-looking pieces to MOC with. And it actually demonstrates that the sets are supposed to be flying. 

The squid shooter shouldn't be considered a launcher since it can't actually launch things. :P

Edited by Latrodectus
  • Upvote 1

The Krana launcher was integrated perfectly, but the function itself was lackluster. The idea was that they would fling the Krana onto their assailants, attaching it to their face. On the set, however, that was obviously impossible. You have launchers like the Zamor Spheres that are intended to be used as ranged weapons, capable of knocking things down or knocking off masks, whereas the Krana launchers just fling a rubber mask at nothing in particular. That's why I don't think they are a good launcher, even if they are well-designed.

IetTsFQ.png

Having a harder time deciding than I expected to.

The Zamor Launcher were obnoxiously overused, but they did work. Although firing them was a little awkward.

Cordaks were just kind of cool for their gatling function.

The Midak Skyblaster I have always adored as perfection, even though it is definitely on the large size, to its detriment.

The Thornax Launcher I had mostly forgotten about because I only currently have two sets that used it, so I never did much with one. But being reminded of them, they really were pretty good.

And honorable mention to the Shadow Leeches for being cool and adding a lot to the aesthetic of the Makuta.

Hmm... For my vote I want to go with what I remember playing with most, so ordinary Zamor it is I suppose.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I haven't voted yet, but I'm assuming that the squid launcher will get the lowest score.  I'm just making this post to say that, 7 years after the Barraki launched, I have mastered the art of squid launching! :D  I can get them to fly straight out of the launcher for great distances!  I'll have to make a video of that at some point. ^_^

~Daler

I'm actually surprised the Ghost Blasters didn't get many votes. This is just IMO, but they made good use of air compression, didn't hurt if you got hit with one, the ammunition was easy to find, and they looked awesome.

But, that's my opinion. Eh. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Kanoka discs always bothered me because the disc would always fall out. Squid launchers were hard to use and were not at all accurate. Cordak blasters were hit or miss (heh) while firing and one would always not fire. Sky Blasters were too big and bulky, and Phantoka Kopaka ended up with no sword because of them. Krana are great and amazing but as a firing mechanism, the Bohrok head-shield could get in the way. Kraata thingies are not projectiles really plus they're not meant to be thrown. Never owned a Midak Skyblaster or Shadow Leech launcher. Rhotuka spinners were great to use but never fit well on the beings that used them because of the ripcords. Zamor launchers and Thornax launchers were both great but I lost a lot of ammo, but on the flip side, they are easy to build into other things. So they win.

Oops.