Can the HF ultra build socket pieces break.

Tahu3.0

When I was making the two MOCs for the Battle For The Gold Mask competition that I submitted, none of the pieces ever broke despite me disconnecting and connecting the joint pieces back together numerous times. 

But as Chro said, they can eventually break. They're SIGNIFICANTLY stronger though, so "Just take great care of the pieces" is my advice for anyone who is thinking the same question.

Edited by Rooster Nui
  • Upvote 1

They were designed to survive being taken apart multiple times, excess playwear... But not being smashed by a hammer. :P That's basically what it would take.

If they ever design CCBS pieces in pink, I would buy an entire set of it just to test that theory. 

Of note - you'd probably need something like a vise to hold the piece, otherwise it would just flop around upon impact and not really do any damage. 

• Upvote 2

Any LEGO piece can break, but the BIONICLE sockets (particularly from 2007–2010) broke much more often than any LEGO piece ever should. The CCBS ball cups almost never break. I have never personally had one break.

I have heard reports from one person who has had them break semi-frequently, but nobody I've spoken with has ever managed to figure out why that person's parts are so much more brittle than anybody else's. Best I can figure is there's some environmental factor to blame.

• Upvote 3