BZPower Server Maintenance

Tomorrow evening the hosting provider BZPower uses will be shutting down our server and moving it to a new location within their datacenter. Because of the number of servers being moved, they currently do not have an estimate for when the maintenance will be completed. Until they are done with their work, BZPower will be offline. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

View the full article

Let's hope nothing goes wrong and we end up lifeless for several months again.

That actually happened?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well there was this time when BZPower went down for maintenace or whatnot and we ended up waiting about eight months for the site to come back.

I think I remember that.

That's gotta suck. It must'a been pretty strange for everybody coming back to BZP after 8 months. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well there was this time when BZPower went down for maintenace or whatnot and we ended up waiting about eight months for the site to come back.

It was only six months. 

"It was terrible, children. In my day we waited for days and nights, checking BZPower in a quiet, unending vigil, waiting for the bright day when the forums would finally welcome us once again."

• Upvote 1

Either I'm not desperately checking the site frequently enough, or the downtime was very short (or both :D) because I didn't notice it at all. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

There was downtime a few hours ago for an hour or two, yes.  I couldn't tell you if this is all there'll be, or if there's still more maintenance to be done and the site'll be up and down again.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Wow. 

All of us obsessing with doomsday projections. :P I think next time we should save the freakouts for the forum overload/data transfers. 

April to October in 2011, IIRC.

Yes, but it was the end of April. So May, June, July, August, September, October. Six.
It was only the first week of October. It was five full months total.

I thought it was the end of October, but that might just be me - it certainly felt like it took that long to get back in action. :shrugs:

Wow. 

All of us obsessing with doomsday projections. :P I think next time we should save the freakouts for the forum overload/data transfers. 

April to October in 2011, IIRC.

Yes, but it was the end of April. So May, June, July, August, September, October. Six.
It was only the first week of October. It was five full months total.

I thought it was the end of October, but that might just be me - it certainly felt like it took that long to get back in action. :shrugs:

Forums came back online October 13, 2011.

• Upvote 1

Yep, the maintenance is done. Our host didn't want to keep any of their sites to be offline longer than they had to be!

That's good. Especially with the new Bionicle 2015 info that was revealed today. :)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png