Map of Spherus Magna?

I know we have a map of at least some of Spherus Magna after the shattering, but do we have a map of Spherus Magna after the reformation? I'm sure there is a lot of canonical information regarding the geography of re-formed Spherus Magna, but has there been a collection of all this information?

• Upvote 1

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

It's basically the same as the map of Bara Magna, just with a lot of jungle far to the north. The ocean to the south isn't that complicated, so yeah. There could be a lot of details in that jungle though. But no extra map exists canonically. Might have been had Bionicle continued into Bota Magna story, but that didn't happen.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's basically the same as the map of Bara Magna, just with a lot of jungle far to the north. The ocean to the south isn't that complicated, so yeah. There could be a lot of details in that jungle though. But no extra map exists canonically. Might have been had Bionicle continued into Bota Magna story, but that didn't happen.

So it would be Bara Magna + ocean next to the Sea of Liquid Sand and a mass of Jungle next to the Black Spikes?

I guess if one wanted to mock-up a map, all you'd need to add is the Volcanic region and Valley of the Maze north of the Black Spikes and renders of water and jungle. I guess we only know a few locations in Bota Magna very well, which is Lein's Drift, the Fields of Mist and a Great Being Fortress. Pretty plausible to do... new project for someone? :P

-NotS 

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I always assumed that spheres magna was way bigger and that the map that we have was only a part of it? If that map is the whole planet then spheres magna is not as large as it as depicted.

• Upvote 3

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

Personally, I thought the Sea of Liquid Sand became an ocean when Aqua Magna rejoined the larger planet.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I always assumed that spheres magna was way bigger and that the map that we have was only a part of it? If that map is the whole planet then spheres magna is not as large as it as depicted.

The size of Bara Magna is kind of strange. If you think about it, in comparison to the scattered robot parts that we can see throughout the official image, Bara Magna is HUGE. So huge that it would take days to get from Vulcanus to Tajun. But in the official media, they are able to get there in a course of a day. Now, other factors may play into this, like how fast Sand Stalkers, Thornatus' etc. are over sand, but it definitely does seem like there is a discrepancy between distance. 

Additionally, I know there is a degree of artistic interpretation, but the Prototype robot is pretty much as large, if not a little larger than the village of Tesara. Since the Makuta robot is bigger, it's safe to say Makuta's robot body would cover the Black Spike mountains length-wise. This is a weird point though, since the art of Bara Magna's map depicts the robot pieces being even bigger than some of the villages themselves, so it doesn't make sense for the Prototype robot to appear the size that it does.

Regardless, if that is truly the size comparison, then the surface that Mata Nui and Makuta battle upon is relatively small compared to the rest of the planet, which definitely insinuates that the planet is a great size.

This also makes the plot-point that the united Agori pulled ALL of these pieces across the entire desert unfeasible as well, since that it would take weeks of hard labour in the middle of nowhere, and it's hard to believe all the Agori would pour in their resources to unite every single piece of the robot. It's a fantasy story and it's okay to have suspension of disbelief though.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

It's bigger, but that's the only map we have of the parts used in-story on Bara Magna for 2009 story. :) According to an arrow pointing off of that map to the Valley of the Maze, there's more of Bara Magna to the north below the Great Jungle too. And Greg has said there may be population to the east/west (maybe other side of planet) not seen on any map too.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)