Mask of Ultimate Power Revealed?

It looks like we might have our first glimpse at the Mask of Ultimate Power teased in the first 2015 Bionicle video. Vorik on Google+ posted an image of him holding the latest LEGO Magazine, which has a Bionicle teaser in it. The mask shown has not been seen elsewhere yet, in any sets or animations, so assuming it is the Mask of Ultimate Power seems pretty logical. We'll have to wait and see before we know for sure though - but whatever it is I can't wait to hear more!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

There's a certain recent video on TTV's youtube channel that has convincing rumors of specific set names that may or may not have something to do with Bionicle, and this mask just so happens to fit the theme of those set names that I am not mentioning to have been rumored because that would be wrong... *Hint Hint*

Using that bit of evidence that I totally did not refer to, I think this mask isn't the MoUP, but actually one of the masks to the villains of those sets, the ones I am clearly not mentioning right now..

Looks like friggin' Terminator.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm more interested in that trans-red eye stalk. Hope it's part of the set.

Oh yeah, looks like we will get red/orange. Which is nice but not entirely unexpected - trans green, blue, and orange were the three eye colours most common in G1 Bionicle.

-NotS

I wondered why they decided to release the red/orange one in the summer wave ?

Oh yeah, looks like we will get red/orange. Which is nice but not entirely unexpected - trans green, blue, and orange were the three eye colours most common in G1 Bionicle.

-NotS

Probably reserved for Evil characters, and there are no villains in the winter wave.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

-NotS

Probably reserved for Evil characters, and there are no villains in the winter wave.

-NotS

I'll be glad if we get orange eyes, but if the next wave is all villains (seems likely) then I hope they don't all have orange eyes. The winter wave is already lacking eye color variety!

IetTsFQ.png

2014 isn't even over yet and we already got a summer 2015 teaser. Lego must want to keep up in suspense for months! :P

Anyways, that is one evil looking mask. I think it could be a villain's mask for the summer wave of Bionicle sets, since I don't think its the MoUP. I could be wrong though, since this is just a guess on my part. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The mask shown has not been seen elsewhere yet, in any sets or animations, so assuming it is the Mask of Ultimate Power seems pretty logical. 

View the full article

Well...no, no it does not.

We already (partially) know what the Mask of Ultimate Power (MoUP, as some folks are calling it) looks like, as far as a silhouette goes, and the newly leaked mask doesn't resemble it at all. See for yourself

x80UO8U.png?1

Notice the flaps apparent on the sides? Compare the known silhouette to that of the Newly Leaked Mask and you see the lack of similarity.

Leaked content removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

Honestly I don't get why assuming that this is the MoUP is pretty logical, to me it looks nothing like it. It wouldn't really make much sense either, why would Lego plan 3 years of storyline and 3 different masks but put all mask in the first year ? It kinda makes more sense to assume it's a mask used by one of the summer villains.

2e9b8ca58f_382x499.jpg

See ? This makes me think it's just a summer villain mask, not the MoUP...

-Iben

• Upvote 3

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Quickly edited the pages back as spreads but what's interesting as Voriks noted [on 4/pg7]:

it explicitly states that the Protectors used the Mask of Time to summon the Toa

I can't believe I didn't see that when I read that page in the Official Bionicle 2015 topic. :o I'll put the rest of my post in spoiler tags too.

I wonder how the Mask of Time could've summoned them. Maybe its different powers than the Gen 1 Vahi, kind of like how the Gen 2 Toa's masks are different from Kanohi Masks from Gen 1.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Come on now, guys. BZPower's stance on leaks hasn't changed a bit, so discussion on anything related to summer sets beyond the tiny teaser in that promo image is not allowed. There are plenty of other places to discuss those things if you must, but you'd make life much easier for the administration if you could just not do it here. Everything will be known in a couple of months, but for now, just don't talk about leaks. Rules are rules, and all.

Anyway, sure is a creepy mask. Looking forward to seeing the set it belongs to....

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

The mask shown has not been seen elsewhere yet, in any sets or animations, so assuming it is the Mask of Ultimate Power seems pretty logical. 

View the full article

Well...no, no it does not.

We already (partially) know what the Mask of Ultimate Power (MoUP, as some folks are calling it) looks like, as far as a silhouette goes, and the newly leaked mask doesn't resemble it at all. See for yourself

x80UO8U.png?1

Right, because a mask whose true form has been intentionally obscured from our view by black smoke obviously must look like a black Avohkii. :P

If you look at the skull-mask-thing in the image, 

2e9b8ca58f_382x499.jpg

...you'll notice six ridges/protrusions running along its sides, each one in a similar spot as those flaps on the side of the animation version. Besides, the visuals in the animations are not 100% spot-on; there are some creative liberties taken. I suspect those flaps/spikes are just another example of that.

Look at it! Evil, black mask with red eyes, floating over what looks like a forge... 

Also, notice how the Mask of Creation has been used as a sort of promotional symbol for the good guys of wave 1. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they used the MoUP as the promotional symbol for the bad guys. 

So, until LEGO proves me wrong, I stand by the idea that this is the MoUP.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Come on now, guys. BZPower's stance on leaks hasn't changed a bit, so discussion on anything related to summer sets beyond the tiny teaser in that promo image is not allowed. There are plenty of other places to discuss those things if you must, but you'd make life much easier for the administration if you could just not do it here. Everything will be known in a couple of months, but for now, just don't talk about leaks. Rules are rules, and all.

Anyway, sure is a creepy mask. Looking forward to seeing the set it belongs to....

Understood. But still for some reasons, on other topics people can discuss these and nobody does anything to stop it. And moderating should be left for moderators.

-Elmerius  

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Use the RIGHT MOUSE KEY to WHACK! and THE GREEN ARROWS to change what you want to WHACK!

chimoru2015spinnie.gifI've also got an YouTube channel!chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(the spinnies are made by Click)

If you look at the skull-mask-thing in the image, 

...you'll notice six ridges/protrusions running along its sides, each one in a similar spot as those flaps on the side of the animation version. Besides, the visuals in the animations are not 100% spot-on; there are some creative liberties taken. I suspect those flaps/spikes are just another example of that.

I think that's really stretching the "animation version isn't 100% spot on"-argument. It's one thing to have the six spikes/flaps being a bit exaggerated in an animation, but it's a whole other thing to say that the ridges are the same as those spikes. I'm sorry, but I really don't see it. Creative license is important, but this would be taking it too far.

Look at it! Evil, black mask with red eyes, floating over what looks like a forge... 

The evil eyes are kinda obvious, as the line underneath the mask says "new enemies emerge". Kinda obvious that the mask affiliated with that line would look a bit evil, no ? :P

To me it doesn't even resemble much of a forge, it just resembles the other pedestals we've seen, but with lava flowing. And what seems to be the Ancient City around it.

Also, notice how the Mask of Creation has been used as a sort of promotional symbol for the good guys of wave 1. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they used the MoUP as the promotional symbol for the bad guys. 

So, until LEGO proves me wrong, I stand by the idea that this is the MoUP.

I wonder why Lego would already give out the MoUP when there are 3 lines planned, and 3 mask that are important to the storyline. Of course that could be coincidence, but to be blunt, I don't think it is. It would make a lot of sense if we only saw the MoUP in the third year. From what I get from the promo videos, the Toa have to search for the Mask of Creation and Ekimu, so I guess the first wave will be the search for the Mask and the second wave the search for Ekimu, who might be in the Ancient City the LoSP is guarding.

You can stand by the idea that this is the MoUP, but tbh, I don't see much evidence pointing to it at this very moment.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

I like that the evil quality about it is subtler than the kraahkan. It makes a lot of sense in the context of a more human Makuta.

Yeah because what says subtle better than a giant black skull with glowing red eyes! How on earth is this LESS evil looking than the Kraahkan?!

Who IS this guy with the comic/magazine/catalogue anyway? And why does noone else in the world seem to have one? Looks to me like he's just a kid, how is he the only person Lego seems to have deemed fit to hold this catalogue?

Also, what's up with the graphics on the first spread? This whole page is a MESS! Hope you don't mind me using your link CrunchbiteNuva https://38.media.tumblr.com/070ccdf90b2181813df549218557f07b/tumblr_nh9t1nIPT61sy13izo1_1280.jpg It has a bunch of watercolour pictures that we've never seen before as part of the Gen2 release. Why the sudden change in art style? And just for a few pics? Now look at the bottom right of this page, the pic of the protector looks like someone has drawn the cartoon face on a photo of Obi Wan Kenobi... Just looks wrong. Now look left. Yup, noone else spotted this yet? That's Pohatu's Kakama. Pohatu MATA's Kakama... No idea WHAT the Hau next to it is meant to be but I have both Nuva and Okoto versions in front of me and it kind of looks like a bit of both! Then there's the wierd blue thing on the right page. What IS that? Not Gali surely? If it is it's even worse than the Tahu picture... It looks more like a foe than a toa in my opinion. After all, everyone knows Gali has short hair...

Last up, WHAT is that gold mask? It's not the mask of creation by any stretch of the imagination...

Another pretty serious point would be regarding the mention of using the mask of time to summon the Toa. That seems pretty fanon to me... How many topics have sprung up about the Vahi since the shape was spotted in the cartoons? How many people so desperately want this to be a continuation somehow? How do you summon Toa with a mask of Time anyway? It controls time, it doesn't 'summon' stuff... 

You may have noticed by now that I'm not entirely convinced by this :P Why would Lego release this little 12 page booklet and then let one guy (who seems pretty unimportant and wholly untrustworthy as far as disclosing pre-release material goes [pretty stupid too if it's genuine as putting your FACE in the picture is a good way to make sure Lego never helps you again...]) have it before the line has even officially launched. And why include story-breaking details in said booklet that potentially ruin the entire first year of suspense for fans who don't even have their first toa yet? Why reveal a new mask so unceremoniously when everything else has been such a huge song and dance so far? Solid Gold masks? Transparent Hau giveaways? It's all been a massive hype buildup. Are we to believe they've just kind of given up now? Why the different art style too? The watercolour pictures don't seem to represent ANY of the new sets at all and I imagine they're more likely to originate from deviantart than TLG! WHY is the Kakama Mata there???

Seriously, tell me I'm not the only one seeing all this stuff?!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

To me, the watercolour art looks a lot like the concept art we've seen before, so it's nothing completely new. They released concept art like this on their Facebook page. It looks very familiar in style, so it probably is just other concept art we just didn't see so far. The Tahu was released before, there are similar pictures of Kopaka in an online Lego Magazine, and similar pictures were shown of Gali and Lewas mask. So yeah, that's pretty much Gali in concept art, and the concept art for Pohatu. The golden mask is most likely another piece of Mask of Creation concept art, as we got in the past ( and those vastly differed from the actual mask as well just take  look here ). Or perhaps it's the concept art of Tahu's golden mask, as the figure seems to be carrying a golden sword, just like Tahu in his Adrenaline Mode. The protector still is just a picture from one of the videos on the website, so that surely isn't fake either. Here's the full Facebook Gallery btw, you might have missed some things.

The whole Mask of Time thing sounding fake to you is because you don't want there to be a connection to the old storyline, so I kinda think that's heavily biased. There are several hints to a Mask of Time through the multiple Vahi's ( not only shapes, but two actual imprints that look exactly like the Vahi) shown, so it shouldn't be to big of a surprise that there might be a Mask of Time in this storyline. It doesn't mean there has to be a connection with the old storyline, but there are enough hints to assume that there's something to do with Time, the hints to that are extremely obvious.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced by the authenticity of this either, but as it really resembles the layout of the Digital Lego Magazine that was only released recently, I'm not convinced this is a fake either :P

-Iben

• Upvote 2

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced by the authenticity of this either, but as it really resembles the layout of the Digital Lego Magazine that was only released recently, I'm not convinced this is a fake either :P

I'm thinking that this could just be some prototype promotional material that was accidentally released. A lot of the art is either concept art, or not edited at all. Gets me thinking that this is a prototype or placeholder that somehow found its way into this guy's hands. I think we might be seeing a polished version of this sometime in the forseeable future.

Either way, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing a Mask of Time in this era, and I'm looking forward to the ancient ruins/skull-themed focus of the latter half of 2015 :D It shows a lot of promise.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I'm quite surprised how there is all this speculation about this being an unfinished brochure with placeholders released ahead of time or something. It's not like LEGO has never released concept art in media before.

I'm pretty sure this is not from the LEGO Magazine itself but from a small brochure accompanying it. You can actually read the magazine online, which contains two pages (10-11) with BIONICLE and guess what, there is concept art in there as well.

Personally I don't have the slightest doubt this is completely legit and not some weird leak by any means. If you are still subscribed to the LEGO Club Magazine I'm pretty sure you'll find this in your inbox soon - if you live in the US, that is.

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm in the "not the mask of ultimate power" camp on this one, actually. But it's definitely a cool design, and it's great to see the motifs of the Skull Spiders being extended further. The new magazine looks to have some great content and I look forward to my copy arriving (no, there is not currently any age cap).

• Upvote 3

I feel like it is too small to be the mask of ultimate power, but I still have yet to get any of the new sets, so I may be wrong. It looks a lot like an actual skull, so maybe it will just be the mask of a single villain on a team with other villains.

Perhaps Makuta created these masks to contain elemental powers as a test before creating the mask of ultimate power. Another theory I have is that these masks could contain powers that do not correspond to an element, but to an ability.

(I smell Rahkshi powers... *sniff*)

Does anyone else think it looks kind of like a Krana?

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Awe c'mon! Buzz killlllllllll. XD

Anyway, you should all head to TTV's Youtube channel... there are things there... liiiike the Target Checker thingy.... and other things you REALLY should check out so you don't feel dumb for thinking it's the MoUP. Seriously... you should go there. *Hint HINNNNT*

Nothing illegal here, move along guys. XD

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Awe c'mon! Buzz killlllllllll. XD

Anyway, you should all head to TTV's Youtube channel... there are things there... liiiike the Target Checker thingy.... and other things you REALLY should check out so you don't feel dumb for thinking it's the MoUP. Seriously... you should go there. *Hint HINNNNT*

Nothing illegal here, move along guys. XD

TTV? You'll have to be a bit ore specific than that for this newbie... LOL 

EE 

Typing in the set numbers and names of the supposed leaked summer sets in a product URL on the Lego S@H site gives you a "product not available" page, as opposed to the standard "page not found".

TTV elaborated on this on one of their newest YouTube videos, as well as a post on their message boards going into further detail on the subject. Since it's on the Lego site, it's fair game.

Remember when that one member did a random URL search to pull up that image of the Mask of Creation? The admins allowed it because it was within Lego's domain, therefore it wasn't put out there by some random third party.

Same thing when I pointed out the "Coming soon" page when you searched Bionicle in the product search bar. It was within boundaries. By this logic, now these new names should be allowed to be discussed because they're not leaked. Lego is putting them out there for us.

Edited by Kek
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.