Mask of Ultimate Power Revealed?

That mysterious mask looks kind of skull like to me. It could me the MOUP but what if it's connected to the Skull Spiders?

What if we get a wave of dark Toa/Skull Spider Toa as villains. We have never had official dark Toa as sets before that could be really cool.

Six Matoran get infected by six rare bred special skull spider masks that transform them into dark skull Toa or something.

• Upvote 1

That mysterious mask looks kind of skull like to me. It could me the MOUP but what if it's connected to the Skull Spiders?

What if we get a wave of dark Toa/Skull Spider Toa as villains. We have never had official dark Toa as sets before that could be really cool.

Six Matoran get infected by six rare bred special skull spider masks that transform them into dark skull Toa or something.

Leaked information removed. -B6 Edited by Black Six

Leaked information removed. -B6

ruh roh, you'd better drop that leaked content before B6 comes in and removes it for you 0_o

I'm not so sure. As others have pointed out, through URL manipulation, you can try to access the sets through shop at home, and it will give a not available page, rather than the default not found page. Seems pretty validated to me. Edited by Black Six

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Typing in the set numbers and names of the supposed leaked summer sets in a product URL on the Lego S@H site gives you a "product not available" page, as opposed to the standard "page not found".

TTV elaborated on this on one of their newest YouTube videos, as well as a post on their message boards going into further detail on the subject. Since it's on the Lego site, it's fair game.

Remember when that one member did a random URL search to pull up that image of the Mask of Creation? The admins allowed it because it was within Lego's domain, therefore it wasn't put out there by some random third party.

Same thing when I pointed out the "Coming soon" page when you searched Bionicle in the product search bar. It was within boundaries. By this logic, now these new names should be allowed to be discussed because they're not leaked. Lego is putting them out there for us.

Except that the only reason you know those names (and are thus able to put them in) is because of leaks. That's not really the same thing at all. It didn't take any extra information to put in Bionicle and get the coming soon page, because Bionicle is, well, Bionicle. But to even know what to put in this time, you first had to get it from leaks. So.

AXKP5KC.png

Typing in the set numbers and names of the supposed leaked summer sets in a product URL on the Lego S@H site gives you a "product not available" page, as opposed to the standard "page not found".

TTV elaborated on this on one of their newest YouTube videos, as well as a post on their message boards going into further detail on the subject. Since it's on the Lego site, it's fair game.

Remember when that one member did a random URL search to pull up that image of the Mask of Creation? The admins allowed it because it was within Lego's domain, therefore it wasn't put out there by some random third party.

Same thing when I pointed out the "Coming soon" page when you searched Bionicle in the product search bar. It was within boundaries. By this logic, now these new names should be allowed to be discussed because they're not leaked. Lego is putting them out there for us.

Except that the only reason you know those names (and are thus able to put them in) is because of leaks. That's not really the same thing at all. It didn't take any extra information to put in Bionicle and get the coming soon page, because Bionicle is, well, Bionicle. But to even know what to put in this time, you first had to get it from leaks. So.

This is correct. The leaked summer set names and numbers are off-limits.
  • Upvote 2

In the words of the great Phoenix Wright:

"OBJECTION!"

Technically I didn't give any names, and the existence of a summer wave is proven by the promotional advertisement that came along with the Lego Club Magazine. The skeleton motif is clearly shown off in the mask by the fact that the design of the very top resembles that of the skull spiders, and the cheek bones and Jawline are clear indicators of this. Either way, my statement still stands that the mask in question can in no way be the MoUP. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Oh, lord, are we getting the lovely controversy of BZPower stomping out leaks like the Soviet Union stomping out resistance movements?

In all seriousness, even if we were allowed to discuss [REDACTED], then this thread is not the place for it. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I am kind of leaning towards this being the MoUP, but I'm just going to go through some random observations before I get to the points that convince me of that most:

As everyone has noticed already, the mask is clearly skull-shaped, and oddly enough, the forehead also mimics the shelled, insectoid appearance of the Skull Spiders. If you look closely at the base of the forehead, you'll see a circle highlighted by the lighting, also similar to the Skull Spiders. After noticing this, combined with the shape of the eyebrows and "cheekbones", I realized this must be the same as the mystery mask in the background of this picture. While this doesn't confirm the identity of the mask, it's obvious that it should have some important role in the coming story.

As for the surroundings, the mask is floating above a cauldron dripping with molten liquid, the sides of which sport carvings of the Protector masks. From the looks of it, we are in the Mask Makers workshop, and this mask was just recently forged here. The most interesting feature of this picture, however, are the two colored streams of "liquid" that are apparently flowing into to the cauldron, one blue and one red. You will notice four more trenches surrounding and leading into the cauldron, and I would bet that they are guiding four streams of certain other colors into it as well. I would guess that these streams are made up of the elemental energies that the Mask Makers use to forge the elemental masks.

So we are looking at this dark, ominous mask that has just been forged from a cauldron that is being fed by six different elemental streams. That just feels like a Mask of Ultimate Power to me.

Edited by ~SUMMONER~

“I am a Toa-hero, here to save you from … whatever it is you need saving from.” -Lewa Nuva

sigpic.jpg

This is correct. The leaked summer set names and numbers are off-limits.

Oh boy. The pages exist on the website. Uploaded by TLG themselves. Regardless of how, they're officially there. I'm not getting into this. Anyone who's interested, go to the TTV message boards, or their Youtube channel. They have the information, pages, names, etc. I'm not going to pick apart how this is ridiculous and refrain from wasting my breath. I'm out.

Actually, one more thing. They wouldn't give the MoUP to us this early. We're most likely getting the Mask of Creation in the summer due to the 14k one appearing at NYCC, as opposed to the other two. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting one for each of the three years the line will be running, and the MoUP seems like the last we'll receive. It also doesn't even look like the one in the trailer because it lacks the six extending fins. It's probably just the mask mold for the summer wave villains.

Edited by Kek
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

...Is that a Kanohi Sanok? :blink:

I thought so too, it definitely shares a similar rectangular shape and the same ridges as the Inika Sanok.

But that must be a coincidence right? It's not like I called "evil Toa Mahri" as possible future enemies months ago when I pointed out that the new Makuta could be Teridax in the body of the Golden Skinned Being, and remember the Being enslaved the Mahri with his powers of CONTROL (familiar?)...

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if there are going to be five villains in the Summer wave, rather than the usual six, seeing as the Toa Mahri had five members (RIP Matoro), whereas every other villain wave in the past had six main members...

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I object. It wasn't random, I knew perfectly well what I was doing.

I thought so too, it definitely shares a similar rectangular shape and the same ridges as the Inika Sanok.

But that must be a coincidence right? It's not like I called "evil Toa Mahri" as possible future enemies months ago when I pointed out that the new Makuta could be Teridax in the body of the Golden Skinned Being, and remember the Being enslaved the Mahri with his powers of CONTROL (familiar?)...

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if there are going to be five villains in the Summer wave, rather than the usual six, seeing as the Toa Mahri had five members (RIP Matoro), whereas every other villain wave in the past had six main members...

I'm pretty sure any similarities in the masks and any correlations in the numbers are purely coincidential. Personally, I believe that if there is any connection to the old story at all, it's just the origin of the Toa, and even that is not going to affect the story in any way.
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm pretty sure any similarities in the masks and any correlations in the numbers are purely coincidential. Personally, I believe that if there is any connection to the old story at all, it's just the origin of the Toa, and even that is not going to affect the story in any way.

I was drawing a comparison of the URL manipulation used to get the image with the URL manipulation to get the unique search results for the summer sets. However, I understand that since the information to even get the pages is considered leaked, it's not the same and is outside of boundaries to discuss. I believe the leaked content policy should elaborate on the difference between safe and unsafe URL dabbling on the Lego site, so other users don't get their links or posts deleted or edited when it could just be avoided all together.

Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Kek
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

I was drawing a comparison of the URL manipulation used to get the image with the URL manipulation to get the unique search results for the summer sets. However, I understand that since the information to even get the pages is consideed leaked, it's not the same and is outside of boundaries to discuss. I believe the leaked content policy should elaborate on the difference between safe and unsafe URL dabbling on the Lego site, so other users don't get their links or posts deleted or edited when it could just be avoided all together.

Apologies for any confusion.

No need to apologize for anything. I just didn't want to seem like a freak who spent his time trying random URLs. :P

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

As for the surroundings, the mask is floating above a cauldron dripping with molten liquid, the sides of which sport carvings of the Protector masks. From the looks of it, we are in the Mask Makers workshop, and this mask was just recently forged here.

The problem with this is that the MoUP wasn't forged recently, it was forged many thousands of years ago. It indeed shows those lines that might be sources of elemental power, so I can agree that the mask cauldron was most likely used by Makuta, but as you said, it looks like it was forged recently and as the surroundings look overgrown, this might be the Ancient city, and a certain someone might have been making masks again... To me it seems to be much more reasonable to assume that this is a mask made by Makuta for one of the summer villains.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Pretty sure it is. Check Makuta's Mask at the teaser image that was posted earlier this year on BIONICLE.com:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/teaser/teasersite-top-image-v2.jpg

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Pretty sure it is. Check Makuta's Mask at the teaser image that was posted earlier this year on BIONICLE.com:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/teaser/teasersite-top-image-v2.jpg

I still contest that that is undeniably Makuta in that image, let alone that the mask shown is the MoUP. If it is the same mask, then I highly doubt either image depicts the MoUP. Part of that is desire, though, because that mask's shape is so incredibly generic for it to be the most powerful mask. Like, yeah, it's got details, but its overall silhouette is basically just an oval. Boring. Yawn.

Edited by Wally
  • Upvote 1

I'm 80% sure that's not Makuta's mask. You can see nostril holes below the eyes, the same ones that can be clearly seen on that mysterious skull mask. (it can be better seen irl)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

As for the surroundings, the mask is floating above a cauldron dripping with molten liquid, the sides of which sport carvings of the Protector masks. From the looks of it, we are in the Mask Makers workshop, and this mask was just recently forged here.

The problem with this is that the MoUP wasn't forged recently, it was forged many thousands of years ago. It indeed shows those lines that might be sources of elemental power, so I can agree that the mask cauldron was most likely used by Makuta, but as you said, it looks like it was forged recently and as the surroundings look overgrown, this might be the Ancient city, and a certain someone might have been making masks again... To me it seems to be much more reasonable to assume that this is a mask made by Makuta for one of the summer villains.

-Iben

Actually, I kind of like your idea there, but I'm still curious as to whether (and if so, how) Makuta has been awakened. Also, assuming the mask is indeed being infused with the powers of all of the elements, that would basically mean we have multiple MoUP's coming into the story, which I can't imagine LEGO would do.

As for the time that the picture is set in, I don't see why this can't represent the creation of the MoUP so many thousands of years ago.

“I am a Toa-hero, here to save you from … whatever it is you need saving from.” -Lewa Nuva

sigpic.jpg

Actually, I kind of like your idea there, but I'm still curious as to whether (and if so, how) Makuta has been awakened.

Well, I can basically answer the question of "whether". According to the original press release for the new BIONICLE sets, "The new storyline takes place on the mythical island of Okoto, where the forces of darkness are on the move and the evil Makuta is once again materializing. He is overcome by the desire for the three mythic masks that will cast the world into darkness - the Mask of Creation, the Mask of Control and the Mask of Ultimate Power." Also, "Only when the heroes are united, will they be able to battle the forces of evil, defeat Makuta and save Okoto." The present tense makes it sound like yes, Makuta is awake. Or in the very least, he's awakening, and might very well be awake by the time the summer sets are released, which is what this image is a teaser for.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I kind of like your idea there, but I'm still curious as to whether (and if so, how) Makuta has been awakened.

Well, I can basically answer the question of "whether". According to the original press release for the new BIONICLE sets, "The new storyline takes place on the mythical island of Okoto, where the forces of darkness are on the move and the evil Makuta is once again materializing. He is overcome by the desire for the three mythic masks that will cast the world into darkness - the Mask of Creation, the Mask of Control and the Mask of Ultimate Power." Also, "Only when the heroes are united, will they be able to battle the forces of evil, defeat Makuta and save Okoto." The present tense makes it sound like yes, Makuta is awake. Or in the very least, he's awakening, and might very well be awake by the time the summer sets are released, which is what this image is a teaser for.

Dang, those press releases sure hold a lot of hidden information lol.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, it is difficult to say. It may be the MoUP, but it seems too early if they don't want to end the whole story in just a single year.

I think the "Mask of ULTIMATE POWER" should have a better design than that. The MoCr looks way better for example.

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

This thread is ********. Nobody can even ****. All ******* is being ******* and ****** ********** is rampant. I wish ***** *** would **** ********* ********** ***********. I really **** like *** *** this site ****** ** ** **** ***** ******* *******.

I don't think this mask is the mask of ultimate power because ** **** ***** *** ***** *** *** ****** **** *** *** ***** ***** ** ***** **** ** **.

Leaked information removed. -B6 

(joking)

If the above post has offended you in any way, please send me a PM. It won't help, as I won't respond, but you may feel better afterwards, and keep your frustration to yourself instead of saying something stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

So is it safe to say we already know about the mask posted here is Ekimu's and not the MoUP, or did I miss a pic?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So is it safe to say we already know about the mask posted here is Ekimu's and not the MoUP, or did I miss a pic?

It's certainly not Ekimu's mask, he wears the Mask of Creation/gold Protector mask. The mask from the article is probably from a Summer villain, and even if it isn',t it most definitely belongs to a bad guy.

IetTsFQ.png

I think anyone who saw the leaked images last week will have a good idea who this mask belongs to. [Leaks!] Given BZPs rules on the matter however, that's all I'm at liberty to say about it :D

Edit: Hold out just a little longer for official pics, please!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Ah well I have not exactly looked anywhere but here for my Bionicle news so being the Leaks policy I doubt if I have seen them or not.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ah well I have not exactly looked anywhere but here for my Bionicle news so being the Leaks policy I doubt if I have seen them or not.

The leaks didn't come out that long before Nuremberg...

Anyhow if you've seen: 70791, 70792, 70793, 70794, & 70795; you've seen pretty much all of what you 'need' to see, otherwise Mask ambiguity is ambiguous...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I have now... though I don't think I have seen some of these angles.

Onua.png