Friend

LegoSWfan

He fell 600 feet to his doom, feeling the wind rush past his mask, the ground quickly closing in on him...and he loved it. turning so as to be falling feet first, he dug his claws into the bark of the nearest tree. he hung motionless from his savior only feet from the ground. hopping down to the moss covered forest floor, he took a look around, seeing the ribbons of light that had managed to get past the canopy, the massive fungal growths that rose like mountains from the gloom, the pair of red eyes starring at him from the shadows. "well, sure is nice to have some company, gets lonely out here. say, why don't you come closer so we can talk?" he said to the eyes. "shy? well I can fix that." summoning his power over the green, Venatus pulled the visitor out with some vines, leaving him hanging by his wrists. the visitor was a mixmatch of colors, his legs were abnormally short, one arm ended in a blade and where most beings would have a head, the visitor had a tube flanked by some sort of pods, his head instead emerging from his chest. " boy, arnt you an odd one. got a name my cobbled up friend?" Venatus asked him. "Failure" was his response. "failure? that's an odd name, but then again your are pretty strange." Venatus said. the visitor, Failure, gave him a look that would melt even the most cold hearted. " once me like you. but me hurt. other say they fix. but make hurt worse. now me like this" he said. Venatus released the vines grip, "sorry bout that pal, but I have more important duties than to help every lost soul." and with that, he headed off into the trees. Failure solemnly watched him go.

several days later...

Venatus was making his rounds, when he heard loud crashes and laughter. he raced off to investigate, he arrived at the edge of a clearing to see a pair of Skakdi bulling that little guy he met a ways back. he thought about going back, but the sight of that poor guy getting kicked and thrown around was too much. he ran into the clearing and shoved his body into the first skakdi. dazed, he didn't notice the vines creeping up on him, they rapped around his waist and pulled him into the forest. Venatus then spun around and clawed a large gash in the chest of the other skakdi. unprepared for a fight, he backed away and ran off. Venatus then felt a tug on his arm, raising his claws for an attack, he looked down to see Failure holding his arm. "you save me. me owe you." all his live, he lived for fame and glory, he thought his life was perfect, but he always felt something was missing, now, he knew what it was. Venatus placed his hand on Failures shoulder pod, " you owe me nothing, friend."