Mukau or Mata Nui Cow?

Zeb

Would you rather have Mukau or Mata Nui Cow?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One cow-like Rahi in the Bionicle universe, formerly known as the Mukau, had its name changed because the story team head thought it was too silly. (The name was a pun on moo-cow.) Its name became merely the Mata Nui Cow.

I think that's silly. We already have Axxon, don't we? :P

So what do you think? Would you want the Mata Nui Cow to have its old name restored? Or would you rather not have "moo-cow" as the name of a Bionicle Rahi? Or do you happen to realize that we're talking about an obscure Gali+Pohatu combiner model from a Lego Mania Magazine that was never seen in the story, and don't care either way? (I myself don't really care, though if I had a choice I'd go with Mukau.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I don't really "have" this Rahi in my headcanon at all. :P But if I did, efficient is better... even if silly.

Then again, "cow" is even more efficient.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Definitely Mukau. Unless you're saying it out loud, I think it looks less silly than "Mata Nui Cow".

I think that's silly. We already have Axxon, don't we? :P

Aside from the obvious pun with that one, I remember my parents constantly saying "Axxon, ax-off" shortly after I got him. XD

edit: now that I've gotten on this topic, I'm thinking of building all of the combiner-set rahi tomorrow...

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 3
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

But 'cow' just doesn't fit in Bionicle. You have Kane-Ra, Gukko, Tarakava, Muaka, Ussal, Mahi, and... cows. I guess later years got closer with things like 'catapult scorpion' and the like, but alongside other 2001 Rahi, cow just feels kinda anticlimactic.

I don't think cows are ever climactic, no matter what you call them. :P Hence why I'd rather not have them around at all. :shrugs:

But your first point misses that many Rahi aren't given Matoran-language names and even the ones that do are also often called by the closest real-world counterpart. Ussal crab, etc.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But 'cow' just doesn't fit in Bionicle. You have Kane-Ra, Gukko, Tarakava, Muaka, Ussal, Mahi, and... cows. I guess later years got closer with things like 'catapult scorpion' and the like, but alongside other 2001 Rahi, cow just feels kinda anticlimactic.

I don't think cows are ever climactic, no matter what you call them. :P Hence why I'd rather not have them around at all. :shrugs:

But your first point misses that many Rahi aren't given Matoran-language names and even the ones that do are also often called by the closest real-world counterpart. Ussal crab, etc.

Mukau cow would be slightly frustrating to say.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I voted "Mata Nui Cow" just because there was someone named "Morris the Mata Nui Cow" on BS01, and without that name that person's name would not have existed. 

"Morris the Mukau" just doesn't sound as cool. 

I wonder if he's reading this thread and is feeling very sad and offended that almost nobody likes his name. :P

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 3

I've been seeing the name 'Mata Nui Cow' pop up a couple times in the forums, and I was wondering what it was. Now I know. :P

Anyways, even though Mata Nui Cow is kind of a cool name, my vote went to Mukau.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Moo Cow forever.

Plus yeah, if there's a Mata Nui Cow, what about the Metru Nui Cow, the Voya Nui Cow, the Karda Nui Cow, the Steltian Cow, the Zakazian Cow, etc...?

• Upvote 1

Mukau cow would be slightly frustrating to say.

Well, a Mukau-cow already has a Kaukau... :P  :P  :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Mukau should become it's name again because it's a little odd to have a Rahi being called Mata Nui Cow. Or should I say Spherus Magna Cow now...    becuase it lived on Spherus Magna now...        

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I ignored the retcon and I always called it Mukau anyway. So, i vote Mukau.

TAKE THAT LEGO! :evilmad:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I don't think cows are ever climactic, no matter what you call them. :P

I beg to differ.

Mukau because why not? They thought it was too silly? Half the islander's names were silly. C'mon, Jaa? I love Jaa. Wonderful name!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Jaa have the greatest name in the world, he should had been president of bionicle :P

Also I would love to see him in G2, anyways ya there was more silly name then just Mukau in bionicle and I don't get how Mukau is any different from the other silly names.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I agree Mukau is better, but I'm not following the logic that says "Jaa" is similar? Mukau is a pun on "Moo, cow". How is Jaa comparable to that? It's just a different style from English words.

Tiribomba... kinda yeah. Though that's more "cool" than "silly." :P Cool silly. Mukau... eh not really. I see why they did that, problem is their replacement makes zero sense. (Why would you name a cow after the Great Spirit, exactly?)

The real solution for Mukau is much simpler:

Embrace da silly!!!!1!! :lol:

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 3

Mukau because why not? They thought it was too silly? Half the islander's names were silly. C'mon, Jaa? I love Jaa. Wonderful name!

The second MNOLG has some poor names. I mean, 'Ally'? 

I also find 'Nixie' a bit too real name-sounding.

It did give the Matoran some personality, rather than being that mob of Kakama-wearing generic ones in the background. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

The second MNOLG has some poor names. I mean, 'Ally'? 

I also find 'Nixie' a bit too real name-sounding.

It did give the Matoran some personality, rather than being that mob of Kakama-wearing generic ones in the background. 

As opposed to the Pakari-wearing generic ones.