Returning Characters In Bionicle 2015

JallerXHahli

I don't care what anyone says, but I have a feeling that Takanuva might make a comeback. I was at the NYCC Bionicle panel too, and I heard what they said, but if that were all true, then why are we getting hints of the Vahi returning? We'll all have to wait and see....

I wasn't there, but from all the talk about the Vahi, I agree that the 7th toa concept will probably rise again. Maybe not Takanuva per say, but perhaps a character like him?

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I don't care what anyone says, but I have a feeling that Takanuva might make a comeback. I was at the NYCC Bionicle panel too, and I heard what they said, but if that were all true, then why are we getting hints of the Vahi returning? We'll all have to wait and see....

I wasn't there, but from all the talk about the Vahi, I agree that the 7th toa concept will probably rise again. Maybe not Takanuva per say, but perhaps a character like him?

I have the same feeling too. But we have yet to see 'Light & Darkness' as elements in G2, so the 7th Toa might have be an already existing element.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Please not Vezon.

I 100% agree with this. Unless it is a rebooted version of him and he has a good reason to be in the story. Then I might be willing to give him another chance in the new story.

Can't he just open a portal, walk through and say hi, then leave? :P

Just introduce him as the insane, interdimensional wizard from another universe. That'll go over well! :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Please not Vezon.

I 100% agree with this. Unless it is a rebooted version of him and he has a good reason to be in the story. Then I might be willing to give him another chance in the new story.

Just introduce him as the insane, interdimensional wizard from another universe. That'll go over well! :)

Did you say 'Planeswalker'? 'Cause I read that as 'Planeswalker. :D

Im gonna have to say it will be Takanuva, Toa of Time, instead of light, since Makuta is no longer shadow.

Im gonna have to say it will be Takanuva, Toa of Time, instead of light, since Makuta is no longer shadow.

WRONG!!! Takanuva, MASTER of Time!!

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Maybe we'll get a new villain who is shadow based and then we'll have another light v dark? Nah...I think they'll wanna do a toa of something-other-than-light so they don't be too predictable if they go for the 7th toa.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

The Ancient City that the Lord of Skull Spiders is protecting sounds like it might be similar (potentially an ancestral home of the Protectors before they left and established their own tribes across Okoto). But it's not a full island or anything like that.

But how come we don't see a city-like structure on the Okoto map?

What do you mean? The main location looks like Machu Picchu.

They were talking about the overhead map, which has no real indication of city-like settlements. Of course, we really don't even know how BIG Okoto is—it's possible that you wouldn't be able to clearly see cities on an overhead map any more easily than you could on a map of North America or Europe.

I'm pretty sure that not only is the Ancient City not underground, it was elevated: 

16199914711_d765b248e2_z.jpg

15581975503_b51c46d9ae_z.jpg

16014451330_62c5c7fafe_z.jpg

These screenshots from the Legend video sure look like a city to me. If it's not the Ancient city, than what is it?

15581966153_c16af16bce_z.jpg

Also, this image + "all lived in harmony" indicate that all of the tribes lived together in the Ancient city. The masks being scattered may have led to the Protectors abandoning the city and being scattered too, or having to go all over the island to protect the masks. 

• Upvote 1

WRONG!!! Takanuva, MASTER of Time!!

Actually it is TAKANUVA!!!! MASTAAH OFFF TIIIIIME!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The only character that I really want to see show up in Gen. 2 is Takanuva. He doesn't necessarily have to show up as Takua first; I'd be plenty happy if "Takanuva, Master of Light" was just a Toa that appeared. Perhaps he travels back in time to Okoto and is from the future or something else that makes him unique, I don't really know. I just want to see Takanuva again.

I don't really care if anyone else returns for Gen. 2.

Please not Vezon.

Speaking of jumping through dimensions and Takanuva... if you read the blog, Takanuva explains that he went through multiple universes and dimensions until he got to Karda Nui... maybe he'll pop in and say 'hi'? XD

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Please not Vezon.

Speaking of jumping through dimensions and Takanuva... if you read the blog, Takanuva explains that he went through multiple universes and dimensions until he got to Karda Nui... maybe he'll pop in and say 'hi'? XD

Could he bring me a burrito?

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Please not Vezon.

Imagine this: Two portals open up. Vezon comes out of one, Takanuva the other. They just stare at each other. Vezon says "Going my way?" Takanuva shrugs and hops through Vezon's portal and ends up in the Kingdom or somewhere.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I want to see a "Metru Nui" (or whatever it's called in the new series) flashback, but only for one year.

Maybe not a flashback, but I would kind of like to see a new Island on the planet with Okoto on it. Actually...I'd like to see something on a full continent for once!

Aren't continents technically islands?

Please not Vezon.

Imagine this: Two portals open up. Vezon comes out of one, Takanuva the other. They just stare at each other. Vezon says "Going my way?" Takanuva shrugs and hops through Vezon's portal and ends up in the Kingdom or somewhere.

This... actually sounds cool. Imagine, next wave, we get a big crossover, Worlds Collide sort of thing. Old Toa vs New Masters, Makuta vs Makuta, Mata Nui vs Ekimu.

Mostly, I want to see a new Mask of Life.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I want to see a "Metru Nui" (or whatever it's called in the new series) flashback, but only for one year.

Maybe not a flashback, but I would kind of like to see a new Island on the planet with Okoto on it. Actually...I'd like to see something on a full continent for once!

yes and no...Islands (like the ones we've been getting in bionicle anyway, are smallish and can usually be walked around by the characters. A full continent would likely bring vehicles into the mix as well as longer journeys and more cities and regions than an island divided into 6 areas.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see a "Metru Nui" (or whatever it's called in the new series) flashback, but only for one year.

Continents are islands in the same way oceans are lakes. It's a matter of scale. Take Lake Malawi; large enough that you can't see the edges from the middle, but it's not an ocean. So yes, if we're strictly defining 'island' as 'land surrounded by water', than Africa/Europe/Asia and the Americas are the biggest and second biggest islands on the planet respectively.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't understand why they wouldn't bring back people like Jaller and Takua, or even Mata-Nui, wouldn't those characters appeal to old and new Bionicle fans? I'm a little dissapointed that the toa mata is all we're getting of g1.

Bionicle for 2015.

I don't understand why they wouldn't bring back people like Jaller and Takua, or even Mata-Nui, wouldn't those characters appeal to old and new Bionicle fans? I'm a little dissapointed that the toa mata is all we're getting of g1.

The main reason is that the three you listed are characters, while the Toa Mata can exist solely as archetypes. The Toa Mata, from the very beginning, were defined by their personalities—the hot-headed Tahu, the icy Kopaka, etc.—and those personalities stayed relatively the same over the course of the series. Takua and Jaller, on the other hand, were defined largely by the things they did. They changed as characters, both physically (becoming Toa) and in terms of their personalities. Mata Nui also changed—but more importantly, he was the subject of the entire original Bionicle theme.

Repeating the events of the original story would be a recipe for disaster, because the original story was driven largely by mysteries, and we know the answers to all of those mysteries now. But without repeating those events, any depiction of those characters would not be true to them—it'd essentially be creating brand-new characters and just giving them old names to exploit fans' nostalgia. Takua appearing would basically make his transformation into the Toa of Light inevitable—to introduce him and NOT have him ascend to that role would be a cheap trick, not a clever twist (compare the widely-panned role reversal of Kirk and Spock in Star Trek: Into Darkness). Mata Nui's appearance would lead fans to expect the same "big story engine" of the original story to be revealed in time, and subverting those expectations would be divisive and would fly in the face of the original Bionicle's most complex and interesting themes. In general, it'd be a no-win scenario.

I'm sure there are plenty of aspects of the original theme that could still make a return. A Toa of Light is a strong concept, so long as they don't come about through events that are already available to mass audiences on DVD (and, barring that origin, a new name would probably be in order so as to establish their independence from the classic character). Classes of villains like Rahkshi or Bohrok could also be introduced if the appropriate care was taken to keep them from feeling repetitive. Even actual characters could come back, so long as those characters were peripheral to the original story rather than being the main subject of it (Krakua is a good example of this, being minor enough to allow plenty of room for interpretation). But there's really no easy way to handle major Bionicle protagonists returning appropriately.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The main reason is that the three you listed are characters, while the Toa Mata can exist solely as archetypes. The Toa Mata, from the very beginning, were defined by their personalities—the hot-headed Tahu, the icy Kopaka, etc.—and those personalities stayed relatively the same over the course of the series. Takua and Jaller, on the other hand, were defined largely by the things they did. They changed as characters, both physically (becoming Toa) and in terms of their personalities. Mata Nui also changed—but more importantly, he was the subject of the entire original Bionicle theme.

Repeating the events of the original story would be a recipe for disaster, because the original story was driven largely by mysteries, and we know the answers to all of those mysteries now. But without repeating those events, any depiction of those characters would not be true to them—it'd essentially be creating brand-new characters and just giving them old names to exploit fans' nostalgia. Takua appearing would basically make his transformation into the Toa of Light inevitable—to introduce him and NOT have him ascend to that role would be a cheap trick, not a clever twist (compare the widely-panned role reversal of Kirk and Spock in Star Trek: Into Darkness). Mata Nui's appearance would lead fans to expect the same "big story engine" of the original story to be revealed in time, and subverting those expectations would be divisive and would fly in the face of the original Bionicle's most complex and interesting themes. In general, it'd be a no-win scenario.

I'm sure there are plenty of aspects of the original theme that could still make a return. A Toa of Light is a strong concept, so long as they don't come about through events that are already available to mass audiences on DVD (and, barring that origin, a new name would probably be in order so as to establish their independence from the classic character). Classes of villains like Rahkshi or Bohrok could also be introduced if the appropriate care was taken to keep them from feeling repetitive. Even actual characters could come back, so long as those characters were peripheral to the original story rather than being the main subject of it (Krakua is a good example of this, being minor enough to allow plenty of room for interpretation). But there's really no easy way to handle major Bionicle protagonists returning appropriately.

Why do you have to make sense and crush all my hopes? :(

Bionicle for 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know if anybody mentioned this but for every episode on bionicle.com, there's a hidden framing of a Kanohi Vahi that the animators leave for old Bionicle fans to find. I doubt that they're going to bring the Vahi back, but I just thought that was a cool easter egg and something to think about. If I had to choose some character from the Mataverse to appear in the Okotoverse, I would probably choose the Elemental Lords (more than one character, I know) just because I remember reading "Legends of Bara Magna" and looking at the illustrations for the Elemental Lords and thinking, "Wow, if Bionicle hadn't ended, we would have gotten sets that look like these." 

• Upvote 1

justin_verceles

I have this, like, suspicion that G2, as a reboot, will sort of re-tell the story of Bionicle in some form.  Like, it'll be new and different and clearly a separate story, but there'll be parallels, maybe obvious, maybe not, with the major G1 stuff.  Like, the arrival of the Toa, the quest for the masks, the battle against corrupt wildlife, and then a confrontation with evil... and then next year, we'll get some powerful creatures single-mindedly bent on destruction that the Toa will have to defeat, powering themselves up in the process... and then in year three we'd get shadowy, malevolent monsters serving an ancient evil who attack the Toa directly... that sort of thing.  I think, like, a re-telling of the original Bionicle story, casting it in a new light so to speak, would be a really neat idea.

I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with lots of G1 characters making a direct appearance, though-- do we need a Takua or Jaller to talk about the arrival of a seventh hero to help the Toa battle a resurgent ancient evil?  Would Vezon or even Brutaka be necessary for a hypothetical plot line in which the Toa travel to a desolate land to overcome guardians and find an object of power?  I don't think so, and I think if we do see a re-telling of some sort begin to emerge, it will be interesting primarily in how it differentiates itself from the original story.

That said, I was always a huge Nuparu fan and if a villager popped up on Okoto and started constructing Boxors or Vahki I would be his number one supporter.

• Upvote 1

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.