Which Kanohi (Mask) do you think is the most overpowered?

Depends on what you mean by "overpowered."

The Mohtrek allows the user to summon multiple past versions of themselves. For a Makuta to do that, it would mean that you now have multiple versions of a single telepathic being, all of which can use different powers at the same time. 

The Olmak allows the user to walk between space at will, with virtually no limitation.

The Avsa lets the user suck the energy, life force, and/or light out of a being and feed on it. The Mask of Scavenging does something similar, only it turns the absorbed energy into strength and power for the user to wield later on.

And that's not even considering the three Legendary masks. One with the power to bend Time, another to command every aspect of Life, and one that can either teach you how to build anything, or will create whatever your heart desires if you give it the instructions.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Was it ever confirmed that the Mask of Possibilities could make percentages go to 100%? That doesn't quite make sense to me; if that were the case, the likelihood of a Toa that wore such a mask being killed is drastically reduced, and everyone knows that Mask of Possibilities wearers can be killed.

If somehow it can go up to 100%, then I'd throw my hat (well, one of them) into that ring.

I don't consider the Legendary masks to be overpowered just because they have a much more privileged status in the hierarchy of Kanohi in the MU. They're not overpowered for their status in their universe, so I give them a pass. Likewise, the Olmak—since only two were known to exist—is a quasi-Legendary mask in my mind.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The Mask of Ultimate Power. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I second this, lol.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I vote Mask of Ultimate Power.

Actually, since we have no idea what that mask even does, I'll vote for the Mask of Creation from Gen 1. Because even though the Mask of Possibilities, Mohtrek, and Olmak are all very powerful, the Mask of Creation can MAKE those masks, as well as anything else you can imagine. Like a giant exo-suit or spaceship, for example.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I say the Mohtrek. It's so powerful, and also so very, very confusing. For example, if you ingested a lethal poison, what happens if you summon yourself up from the point at which you swallowed it, and give yourself the antidote? The thing might as well be called the Great Mask of Paradoxes. Or you could take the time to briefly wear every Kanohi Mask, then in battle if you need one, summon up yourself wearing whatever mask would help.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hard to say, they all have their uses. That being said the Ignika is quite strong, comparatively to the more limited Vahi.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Most of the masks seem pretty balanced considering they tend to have their draw backs (except the legendary masks, which are meant to be over powered). Besides, it's important to remember that masks require focus and energy and can't be used a hundred percent of the time, or for a long time. Although some of the makuta masks do seem a little over powered.

Edited by Banana Gunz

The Copper Mask of Victory.

Nah... most Bionicle mask powers do a great job of defining their downsides to balance them out (and some don't really state it outright but give us plenty of reason to read into them). I don't really buy the premise that any of them are overpowered.

Except...

Uh...

Mohtrek. Yeah. It kinda is. If only because it breaks Greg's rule about time travel. :shrugs:

But I also think it was kinda intentional in that case, and also just an excuse to have an intentional allusion to Star Trek, which wildly broke boundaries of time travel all the time. It has Trek in the name too, so yeah. :P

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Tossing out the Ignika, Vahi, Mask of Creation, etc...

...I'd have to say the Olmek.

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Along from the Olmak and Mohtrek, I'd also say the Tryna and Faxon. The Tryna can just keep reanimating dead bodies no matter how many times they've been "killed" and the Faxon can allow the user to avoid death as long as they weren't struck with an instantly killing blow.

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Uhh, Ignika! It's so powerful it doesn't even need someone to wear it, it can wear itself. It can grant the power to kill with a touch or to give life to anything it likes. The only problem is that it's sentient and it also has mata nui in there now, so it's a bit cramped.
I can just imagine some poor toa trying to wear it.

Hey toa, you should probably just talk it out with that scorpion.

Not the right time Mata nui!

Why is he doing this?

He's trying to find some maze or something.

So he can hide in it and wait for some hero to retrieve him when he is needed?

No, because there's some guys who ended the world inside and he wants to talk to them.

Why doesn't he just make a guardian to find the maze for him?

You're not letting him because he beat you at kohlii earlier.

He cheated!

Guys NOW IS NOT THE TIME.

What did he say?

Great, now I'm dead again.

*sigh* Respawn in 3...2...1

• Upvote 2

If the above post has offended you in any way, please send me a PM. It won't help, as I won't respond, but you may feel better afterwards, and keep your frustration to yourself instead of saying something stupid.

Along from the Olmak and Mohtrek, I'd also say the Tryna and Faxon. The Tryna can just keep reanimating dead bodies no matter how many times they've been "killed" and the Faxon can allow the user to avoid death as long as they weren't struck with an instantly killing blow.

Um, are you sure about that?

The mask you might be thinking of is the Calix, which allows the user to perform death-defying feats of physical awesomeness, for lack of a better description. However, it does not let you 'avoid death.' The way you've described it, then I'm sorry, but the mask does not exist.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Um, are you sure about that?

The mask you might be thinking of is the Calix, which allows the user to perform death-defying feats of physical awesomeness, for lack of a better description. However, it does not let you 'avoid death.' The way you've described it, then I'm sorry, but the mask does not exist.

I get the feeling that they're describing Reidak's power of adaption, where he will recover, stronger than ever and can't be hurt in that way again... unless you kill him outright he's invincible. But sadly there isn't a mask like that... other than that I have no idea what mask that could possibly be similar to...

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Ignoring the ones already mentioned, the Kakama Nuva is pretty absurd. Not only does it grant ridiculous speed faster than the eye can see to even the slowest Toa, Gali used it to phase through a wall in Tales of the Masks. 

The Komau also deserves mention because it's mind control. There are so many instances where it's a story-breaking power. 

• Upvote 1

The Komau also deserves mention because it's mind control. There are so many instances where it's a story-breaking power. 

That's a really good point. Remember LoMN? One "Get Nidhiki" from Onewa, and suddenly the Dark Hunters that plagued them all movie are out of the picture. It IS surprising it never got used more often. Even the Noble form could control that giant Nui-Rama thing in the MNOG (did that ever get an official name? Typing "Giant Nui-Rama Thing" into BS01 didn't show any results :P)

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

It's a Nui-Kopen (http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Nui-Kopen).

The Komau does have the restriction that it can't make the controlled do anything they consider immoral, but then, if it's used by a Toa on a villain that doesn't mean much. It is pretty OP, but I'd rather have a Mohtrek. If you took the time to put on a Komau, then a Mohtrek, you could summon up yourself with the Komau when you need it.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I say the Ignika. It is so overpowered that (most of the time) it kills the person using it to gain even more power.

I rest my case.

Er, that's one of its major downsides/weaknesses. Only if it didn't need any sacrifices to have that level of power would this be evidence of being overpowered. :P

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Excluding Legendary Kanohi Masks, I also have to go with the Mohtrek. Being able to summon yourself from the past for battles can make a very difficult enemy to beat. 

But if you kill one, you kill them all. There is a drawback.

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Felnas, the Mask of Disruption. It can (through contact) cause anyone's powers go haywire, and that has been showed to have some very fatal consequences. Sure it has a limit (you have to be close enough to touch and by then you could get hit yourself) but one touch and it's potentially all over. 

Formerly Iron_Man5

Excluding Legendary Kanohi Masks, I also have to go with the Mohtrek. Being able to summon yourself from the past for battles can make a very difficult enemy to beat. 

But if you kill one, you kill them all. There is a drawback.

That's true, but there's also a drawback to the drawback: if you kill one of the past copies and change history, where does that leave you? Your world might be a lot better off... or you could go careening into a horrible alternate timeline. The Sound of Thunder and all that.

And in the context of the BIONICLE story: Toa don't kill, and probably don't maim, so inflicting permanent damage isn't really an option for them -- making the Kanohi Mohtrek that much more frightening.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm starting to think the Mask of Creation is probably the most OP, 'cause you can basically create any mask possible with it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

hmm...

I would say the Mask of Probability, since it has the power to alter probability. Ex. If you have a 0% chance of winning a battle, you could change that to a 100% chance and win.

Anyone else got any masks they think are overpowered?

Mask of Possibilities makes stuff more likely or less likely to happen, yet I think it only concerns random events, and can't be used to "persuade" people to lose or die. It probably doesn't reach 100% either.

Mask of teleportation you can teleport whenever someone attacks you and creation too

Although disengaging from combat to ambush again is very useful, any sort of stealth attack would make this power useless (in combat), since you don't know when to escape.

The Mask of Creation relies on having the materials at hand, so you couldn't create everything.

The Mohtrek allows the user to summon multiple past versions of themselves. For a Makuta to do that, it would mean that you now have multiple versions of a single telepathic being, all of which can use different powers at the same time. 

The Olmak allows the user to walk between space at will, with virtually no limitation.

The Avsa lets the user suck the energy, life force, and/or light out of a being and feed on it. The Mask of Scavenging does something similar, only it turns the absorbed energy into strength and power for the user to wield later on.

And that's not even considering the three Legendary masks. One with the power to bend Time, another to command every aspect of Life, and one that can either teach you how to build anything, or will create whatever your heart desires if you give it the instructions.

The Mohtrek gives you random injuries from the future though, which maybe isn't worth it...

The Olmak is VERY useful, but unless you painstakingly make an army of shadow takanuva, it's not unstoppable.

The Avsa is useless against a being with no light energy.

The Vahi would be amazingly overpowered, if it weren't so difficult to control.

The Ignika curses people and messes stuff up for it's own entertainment, so using it would not be too good.

The Mask of Ultimate Power. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If ultimate power is being in a coma, sure.

Telekinesis. 

Fortunately, Toa have moral scruples. 

The Mask of Tossing Stuff with your Mind? Just use any sort of stealth/speed power to out maneuvre them.

The Tryna requires constant concentration to keep the corpses animated, so any distractions hinder its usage.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Felnas, the Mask of Disruption. It can (through contact) cause anyone's powers go haywire, and that has been showed to have some very fatal consequences. Sure it has a limit (you have to be close enough to touch and by then you could get hit yourself) but one touch and it's potentially all over. 

*Uses Felnas on Kaukau

Gali can now breath underwater infinitely?

The Felnas depends too much on what you use it on, what if you have no powers?

That's a really good point. Remember LoMN? One "Get Nidhiki" from Onewa, and suddenly the Dark Hunters that plagued them all movie are out of the picture. It IS surprising it never got used more often. Even the Noble form could control that giant Nui-Rama thing in the MNOG (did that ever get an official name? Typing "Giant Nui-Rama Thing" into BS01 didn't show any results :P)

Komau is useless against robots.

Ignoring the ones already mentioned, the Kakama Nuva is pretty absurd. Not only does it grant ridiculous speed faster than the eye can see to even the slowest Toa, Gali used it to phase through a wall in Tales of the Masks. 

The Kakama basically offers intangibility as well, allowing the user to evade any physical object, as long as they expect it. The counters for this are the Felnas, any non-physical attack, or something unexpected.

Umm.... so the most over powered mask probably is... uhhh.... the Huna or Volitak, since stealth and ambushing seem to be pretty useful in a universe full of weird and wonderful powers. Of course, they have their weaknesses, but you'd have to prepare to detect them efficiently.

Edited by Mailli

*Uses Felnas on Kaukau

Well firstly, it has been stated that Gali can use her Kaukau Nuva to force people to have to breathe water (making them unable to breathe air therefore suffocating them) and so the Felnas could easily do that as well.

Also, the Kaukau isn't the only power Gali has. When Gorast touches her victim, the power that always went wild was the power that was 1. currently active (Icarax was just about to teleport) or 2. the most prominent power they had (Pohatu and his stone power, or Krika and his density control). My case still stands, it's a very potent mask to have.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

*Uses Felnas on Kaukau

Well firstly, it has been stated that Gali can use her Kaukau Nuva to force people to have to breathe water (making them unable to breathe air therefore suffocating them) and so the Felnas could easily do that as well.

Also, the Kaukau isn't the only power Gali has. When Gorast touches her victim, the power that always went wild was the power that was 1. currently active (Icarax was just about to teleport) or 2. the most prominent power they had (Pohatu and his stone power, or Krika and his density control). My case still stands, it's a very potent mask to have.

Fair point, I forgot it affected all powers, not just masks.

It still wouldn't work on a powerless being unfortunately.

Very true. But only MU beings can use mask powers and the majority of them are powered in other ways (Toa, Makuta, etc) and if they're fighting a powerless being they'd have a distinct advantage no matter what. So, either they're fighting a powered being and can use the mask to disrupt their powers, or are fighting a powerless being and then can use their other abilities to take them down. It's a win-win situation. ;)

Formerly Iron_Man5

*Uses Felnas on Kaukau

It actually seems more logical that the Felnas only works on powers inherent to a being, not mask powers. This would be consistent with the limitation that the Mask of Emulation can copy inherent powers, but not Kanohi powers. It makes sense, if you think about it: the mask works on the being's power, not the power of a bauble they happen to be wearing.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison