Quest To Find The Most Popular Bionicle Set: The Verdict

Toa Malachives

Hello BZPower and welcome to the verdict of The Quest For The Most Popular Bionicle Set! Were I will be giving out "awards" based one the polls, if you have any ideas for a "prize" one of them should get let me know:

Example

Most times in the top 3: Takanuva

Here are the 3rd, 2nd and 1st places.

3rd: Brutaka with 11 votes

2nd: Lhikan & Kikianlo with 15 votes

1st: Tahu Mata with 17 votes

So there you have it! It has been found, the most popular bionicle set (according to BZPower) is Tahu Mata!!!!!!

These are as of 12:13pm NZL time.

Edited by Toa Malachives
  • Upvote 3

I always thought that Axonn was one of the cooler sets. Him and Brutaka are both super cool, but I don't know. Lhikan is definitely deserving 2nd place if you ask me. It's a limited edition/exclusive, it's got a rahi (though it doesn't have functions  >:( ), and it's got the ever amazing Lhikan mask and swords!

But yeah, I would definitely think either Axonn, Takanuva (2003), or Tahu Nuva, would be in the top 3 and Tahu Mata wouldn't be in there at all...Then again, I didn't vote in time...  :confused:

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

A fork. 

XD

Actually, I think it's supposed to be some sort of claw-hand with only two fingers.

I always replaced Tahu's claws with system flame pieces like the Fire Slizer, and he was much better for it.

That said... Takanuva and Lhikan are both pretty legit sets.

What exactly is Tahu Mata's left hand supposed to be?

It was a misguided attempt to give the Toa a hand.

I actually liked the attempt. They gave us hands with something that resembled fingers, something the sets were sorely lacking in through the majority of the line's run.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

For Tahu Mata winning this set of polls, I will give him my first post of 2015! B-)

But anyways, I'm glad that he won. Sets in the later years may have had more complex builds, but Tahu Mata is still a really cool set IMO. 

(The fact that he was one of my first sets I ever got may have some influence on me when it comes to him winning this. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Tahu is definitely the most iconic set in Bionicle history, and not only that - he is a solid build with plenty of play features and a fantastic colour scheme + mask design. Well deserved. :)

-NotS

I guess elbows and knees aren't play features, then. 

bZpOwEr

Tahu is definitely the most iconic set in Bionicle history, and not only that - he is a solid build with plenty of play features and a fantastic colour scheme + mask design. Well deserved. :)

-NotS

To quote Meatloaf: Two out of Three ain't bad. Iconic? Yes. Colour scheme and Mask? Yes. Solid build and play features? The only thing he could do was wave his sword. He was barely posable, and the Mask barely counts as a play feature. He deserves the 1st place on the two true things you said though.

What about a 'Detested' award; those that got the fewest votes? Or a Top of the Elements, where the most popular elemental sets show up?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Once a fellow Bionicle fan told me in all seriousness that the Toa Mata's free hands were guns.

Back in the day, before I got into the story at all, I assumed Lewa Mata had machine guns built into his left hand. Tahu was my sister's set and I'm not sure if I considered his left hand to have built-in guns or not. There weren't any holes for the bullets to come out, after all.

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Tahu Mata sucks. End of story.

How, how could anyone say that...

Maybe with words. ^_-

He was tiny, had no complexity, had no elbows or knees, had a gear function that made him impossible to pose, had a boring mask, and couldn't move his legs in the upward direction very well.

I'm not the guy that authored that post, but I've seen a lot of similar reasoning for this argument, so I'm assuming this counts for him, too. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Tahu Mata is an iconic set, but it's not the best set in terms of building experience and playability, because both of those things greatly increased in subsequent years.

This right here sums up my feelings toward the set. If Sumiki doesn't mind, I'm just gonna ditto this. :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica