Bionicle: Mask of Creation Game (iOS)

GSR

Maybe I missed this, but a new Bionicle game for iOS was just released on the New Zealand app store:

17gisnp.jpg0gly8jT.jpg

Most likely it'll go up worldwide as the clock ticks over to January 1st.  I don't have an iPhone, so I can't give it a whirl, but anyone who does, care to offer impressions/thoughts?

(Credit to CrunchbiteNuva for the heads-up on his blog.)

• Upvote 3

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

You can download the game on Google devices as well.

Looks like that's planned, but I don't see it on Google Play just yet - anyone have a link?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

It is available in the US App Store, I am downloading it now.

Edit: I've been playing it for about ten minutes now, and it's okay. I think of it as a video game version of the Toas' gear function: you run around slamming Skull Spiders 'til you get bored. If you go in expecting MNOG, then you will be sorely disappointed. If you want to see Pohatu dash about smashing hundreds of skulls, then download it! The graphics are not great, but I like them for the most part. The Skull Spiders look nice, and have good animations that resemble the sets. And the Toa, while blurry, look as close to the sets as I had hoped.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

There are certain disadvantages for not getting any new handhelds devices besides a 3DS for over five plus years. This is one of them. :P

Anyways, I haven't seen a lot of footage on this yet. I probably won't have time to until tomorrow. But going by what I have seen, I think it could be a fun game to play. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I like the animations for each character that are shown for when you complete a level, aswell as the music and special abilities. From what I've seen however, the gameplay looks repetitive and I don't see myself playing this for more than an hour, so I may or may not try it.

It is nice to see a new Bionicle game though. :)

I got the game yesterday and played through the entire thing in about one hour and thirty minutes. It was fun for some time at the start, and I enjoyed it even after unlocking all of the endless levels. The only thing I would change about it would be the music for the areas of Okoto. They could have used an exclusive soundtrack for each elemental region, but instead used the same song for all of them. Also, the app crashed at least two times when I would go back to the main menu screen.

I like the game, and even more because it is Bionicle!

It won't work on my phone! Any ideas?

Take a phone from a sibling or friend and try it?  :P Nah, what kind of phone do you have? The game runs kinda slow on my iPhone 4 so maybe it's made for the newer Apple products?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I downloaded it on android last night. Whenever I try to open the app, it just shows a loading screen that never loads

I got it downloaded last night and I have played through Onua, Lewa and Kopakas' campaigns. It's some good mindless fun. I really like the environments and it is a very good looking game for an app. The more I play it, the more I really want a new Bionicle video game. Most likely that won't happen until next year at least.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

There are certain disadvantages for not getting any new handhelds devices besides a 3DS for over five plus years. This is one of them. :P

Anyways, I haven't seen a lot of footage on this yet. I probably won't have time to until tomorrow. But going by what I have seen, I think it could be a fun game to play. 

In regards to this game, you're not missing out on much. I'd rather just replay Bionicle Heroes on the DS. (Probably my favorite Bionicle video game to be honest) I'd like to see Lego remake and port the flash games to Google play.

Edited by Xarok

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

There needs to be more discussion on this, 

as far as we know, the Kopaka alternate form is unlocked on android devices and Onuas alternate form (with a tail) is unlocked on iOS.

The only official instructions we have on the alternate forms is Tahu from the Lego Club magazine, but some have attempted the Kopaka combiner.

• Upvote 3

Give me bonkles or give me death

as far as we know, the Kopaka alternate form is unlocked on android devices and Onuas alternate form (with a tail) is unlocked on iOS.

The only official instructions we have on the alternate forms is Tahu from the Lego Club magazine, but some have attempted the Kopaka combiner.

So when do you think we will get to see the other alternate builds?

Makes sense why I didn't unlock Onua's alternate form! Thanks for the clarification. Kopaka's was super cool.

Also I don't think they were combiners. Didn't look like it used many of the Protector pieces (especially when Tahu's clearly does).

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Makes sense why I didn't unlock Onua's alternate form! Thanks for the clarification. Kopaka's was super cool.

Also I don't think they were combiners. Didn't look like it used many of the Protector pieces (especially when Tahu's clearly does).

-NotS

I have to disagree with you there.  Take a close look at the image:

16457_10152925670859004_7849824950520423

Then take a close look at the Kopaka and Protector of Ice sets:

kopaka.png

Lego-bionicle-protector-of-ice-108943.JP

When you look at them, you can see that there are several of the Protector of Ice's pieces used on Kopaka's alternate form and some of Kopaka's pieces have been shifted around.  For example, you can see that Kopaka's gold shoulder armor has been moved to his forarms and wrists in the alternate model.  Then you can see that the Protector of Ice's hands have been moved to Kopaka's upper-arms and those holding his swords, using them as wings.  Kopaka's thich white thigh armor has been moved down to his calves and the gold armor from his upper arms has been moved down to his thighs.  It looks like some of the Protector's leg armor has been moved to Kopaka's hips.  It's not quite as obvious that it's a combiner as Tahu's is since he doesn't have the stud launcher or the Protector's saw/shield, but when you take a close look, I think it's definitely a combiner.

- :t::l::h:

• Upvote 1

The same can also be said for the alternate Onua:

10898161_828906890481860_333007092846515

Compare the pieces on him to the pieces shown below w/ Onua & the Protector of Earth

ProtectorofEarth2.jpg464px-Set_Onua_Master_of_Earth.JPG

Alternate Onua has the Protector's chest/shoulder armor on his lower legs.  His gold armor that is normally on his legs is now on the side of his thighs.  His shoulder armor (or second set of claws) is now on his left hand and the Protector's spiked shoulder armor is now on Onua's left shoulder and next to his head (not sure what the significance of that is).  There's a few more things to point out, but the one that stands out the most to me is the Protector's trans-purple weapon is now attached to the back of Onua's hammer.  I'm not sure what pieces the tail is made of since I can't see it in this picture, but I think we can safely assume that all of the Toa's alternate forms are true combiners of the Master and Protector sets for each element.

- :t::l::h:

• Upvote 1