How many 14k haus are there?

lessovikk4

I can give you the email address of a guy who has one, though he won't sell cheaply :P He wants $16000 for it :D

There are around 30 gold Haus believed to be in existence. some belong to Lego employees, though most were given away to lucky individuals. The last one was given out in 2006 I believe.

-bike

Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, $16k for a KANOHI MASK? I get that it's gold, but... seriously? That's way too much.

It's barley worth 6k.

A person on Ebay wants 30k for the Platinum Avokii, and it's worth 10k (That's only 'cause it's a collectible.)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Okay, $16k for a KANOHI MASK? I get that it's gold, but... seriously? That's way too much.

It's barley worth 6k.

A person on Ebay wants 30k for the Platinum Avokii, and it's worth 10k (That's only 'cause it's a collectible.)

On eBay currently? Mask collector owns the platinum Avohkii. It was on eBay for $29,000 before MC bought it for half that, is that what you're referring to?

-Letagi

It's barley worth 6k.

On eBay currently? Mask collector owns the platinum Avohkii. It was on eBay for $29,000 before MC bought it for half that, is that what you're referring to?

-Letagi

Sure.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Mc

Phillip

16000$ guy

?

?

That's what I got so far, and the platinum avohkii went for 15k, the eBay auction was taken down I believe when mc contacted the seller and convinced him to sell it to him. The seller mentioned he had higher bidders. Correct me if I'm wrong mc

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

Mc

Phillip

16000$ guy

?

?

That's what I got so far, and the platinum avohkii went for 15k, the eBay auction was taken down I believe when mc contacted the seller and convinced him to sell it to him. The seller mentioned he had higher bidders. Correct me if I'm wrong mc

Just because there are only a few owners we know of, doesn't mean there aren't more. It is believed that there are around 30 Gold Haus in existence.

hTeXGIU.png

I'm aware of a replica you can order of a 14k gold Hau on shapeways, although i'm afraid it's not that cheap and well not official meaning it doesn't have the product code that are on the Mata masks but if you really want one that's how.

-Tahukan

Edited by Tahukan Of Bara Magna

:voyanui:

I'm aware of a replica you can order of a 14k gold Hau on shapeways, although i'm afraid it's not that cheap and well not official. but if you really want one that's how.

-Tahukan

Yeah, it's only around 1k. You can pass it off as as a legit 14k Hau that they gave out on Ebay for $6,000+ and make a large profit margin.

Edited by BZPower.com

Thank you, I saw that and a fake sskk. I am going for authenticity but I admire your ideas for profit :)

No problem.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Actually gold goes for 50$ per gram so if calculated the cubic cm of the mask with water displacement and factored grams to cubic cm you would see if that mask was worth buying, melting, and re selling. I will do some math and get back to you.

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

Based on this https://www.shapeways.com/product/5WJNQCHSC/hau?li=search-results-2&optionId=43159972  it'll run ya' about 2,000$ for 14k gold.

So if you can sell a 14k gold Hau on Ebay for around 7,000$ (that's a rough estimate and maximum price anyone should pay for it, since there was only 30 made) you'd make enough net gain to repeat the sneaky process of getting duplicate 14k Hau's from Shapeway's at least a few times before anyone catches on.

Btw, I don't recommend anyone attempting this not because it's illegal, but because you can get sued by the buyer(s) for selling a replica of the original; an extremely rare Hau, that they thought they were getting.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Lol, the best part is, anyone who knows what the legit SGH looks like, they'll know that it is a fake right away.

MC

• Upvote 1

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

MC is right, the real SGH looks different from any of those. The one made of rose gold is the best approximation. The SGH also had two holes drilled in the sides with a chain running through them and came in a velvet case. I suppose all that could be faked, but does anyone on here really have questionable enough morals to go through with that?

-Letagi

Edit: Oh, and there's no way you could do it more than once. What are the chances of one person selling two SGHs one after the other? Zero, since nobody owns more than one.

Seriously, nobody would fall for any of this. The only people who would spend several thousand dollars on an SGH are the same people who would be able to tell a fake at a glance.

Edited by Letagi

MC is right, the real SGH looks different from any of those. The one made of rose gold is the best approximation. The SGH also had two holes drilled in the sides with a chain running through them and came in a velvet case. I suppose all that could be faked, but does anyone on here really have questionable enough morals to go through with that?

-Letagi

Edit: Oh, and there's no way you could do it more than once. What are the chances of one person selling two SGHs one after the other? Zero, since nobody owns more than one.

Seriously, nobody would fall for any of this. The only people who would spend several thousand dollars on an SGH are the same people who would be able to tell a fake at a glance.

Cool!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I wouldn't be sneaky like that anyway, but if it is truly 2000$ in gold and I buy it for 1000$ than I gain 1000$ toward actually acquiring one! Thank you btw mc is right, there are ways of telling its fake such as the holes in the head and writing on the interior

I wouldn't be sneaky like that anyway, but if it is truly 2000$ in gold and I buy it for 1000$ than I gain 1000$ toward actually acquiring one! Thank you btw mc is right, there are ways of telling its fake such as the holes in the head and writing on the interior

Be careful what you do.

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Be careful what you do.
Can you please elaborate on that? Careful of what? I'm talking about weight in gold, nothing else, no reselling the mask, just raw gold. Btw it's worth apx. 3000$ Edited by lessovikk4

I don't see how a fake SGH could be sold for any less than the value of the gold. The gold has to be bought in order to make the mask. No one would sell them for less than what they cost to make.

-Letagi

I think they probally are just stupid, but you do raise a good point. It may be that they had excess gold and rounded the price based on the fraction they thought it was but the point is they are selling for less than value but you do raise a good point it might not be 14k or even gold, thank you

• 5 years later...

I have one of the 14K Gold Kanohi Hau Mask and am looking to sell it. I won it in a contest when I was a child and it's just been sitting in a safe since then. I would really like to get it into the hands of a collector who will appreciate it.

2 hours ago, MJH said:

I have one of the 14K Gold Kanohi Hau Mask and am looking to sell it. I won it in a contest when I was a child and it's just been sitting in a safe since then. I would really like to get it into the hands of a collector who will appreciate it.

I might be interested in that. I'd PM you, but it looks like there's something up with the userpages right now. PM me an asking price if you can.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!