Impulse Building

Doctor Makuta

What's the strangest place you've built a LEGO set when you weren't able to wait till you got into your lair?

I did a Hero Factory set at a train station while waiting for a train. As for these new BIONICLE well hopefully they stay packaged when bought till I at least get them inside somewhere. :P

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

I've built a lot of smaller sets in cars over the years, as my dad would always have baseball caps in the back seat that I could use to hold the pieces. Titan-sized sets could also be built in a car using the opened boxes to hold the pieces.

~B~

I've built a lot of smaller sets in cars over the years, as my dad would always have baseball caps in the back seat that I could use to hold the pieces. Titan-sized sets could also be built in a car using the opened boxes to hold the pieces.~B~

I have similar memories of building in the backseat of my parents cars. I know I built a couple of Toa and some smaller city vehicles. I also used to bring a bag of random pieces to build small MOCs. Oh those were the days!

The only set I remember building outside of my room was the very first Lego set I ever got. I built it with my Dad in our living room. I was young at the time and needed his help to build it because it was a big set. 

Aside from that, I've always built my sets by myself in my room.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Backseat of a car when I was little; the only other odd place  I remember building one was an Agori (Berix, I think?) while waiting for the train at the train station.

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Strangest place I've built a set would be inside a car inside the bag (I didn't want to open it yet I wanted to build it, so I did. It turned out I did make at least two mistakes). This was back in 2013, I think? One of the smaller sets of the year.

Edited by KITTENS FOR FISTS

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Nothing too unusual unless you count an ottoman being a weird place to build a set. :P I remember what set it was too. LEGO Star Wars Slave I (2006 version). Biggest set I ever built. I built it on an ottoman in my living room and I didn't even have dinner. Mom said I had to have something, so she gave me a hot dog so I didn't have to step away from the set. Ah, good times.

Other than that, I almost never build in my room. I don't have a proper desk to use, and that's a turn off when I'm trying to work on something. You'll usually find me building my sets at a table or desk of sorts.

mindeth the cobwebs

I built a polybag set - Ewar's Acro Fighter - at a public library. 

Otherwise, not really a fan of that. I use a pillowcase on my desk. The cloth provides additional friction which prevents the pieces from falling on the floor. If I have to stop mid-build, I can pick up the cloth and move it somewhere else without having to gather up the parts. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think most of my Gen 1 Bionicle sets were built in the passenger seat of the car.

In fact, I built the Atlantis Neptune Carrier in the car. Can't believe I didn't lose any parts.

I distinctly remember building Kopaka Phantoka and Hewkii Mahri in the car, but the largest Bionicle set I built in the car was Icarax. Good times.

IetTsFQ.png