Onua's Alternate Form

Toa Alvarno

Anyone noticed that Onua has an alternate form in Mask of Creation that has a tail and more armor? What do you guys think about it? There doesn't seem to be a set version of it at the moment, since it's a slight variation from the "power-up" mode. Do you think there is any storyline significance to it? Or maybe the fact that he's the only character in the game with this alternate form?

Are there any pictures for those of us who haven't played the game?

Anyways, it sounds like it could be hinting towards a future upgrade to Onua and the others, which jugding by your description sounds like a cross between the Nuva and the Hordika. It may also just be something the developers added in, in which case it probably doesn't have any meaning and is just an easter egg.

I think it is intended to represent the devs' interpretation of the Protector-Toa combiners. People have mentioned seeing Kopaka's and Tahu's combiners if I recall correctly; I too have only seen Onua, though.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I haven't seen any of them. At what point do these forms appear as I've completed the game and seen none of them...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Onua's alternate form is unlocked automatically on the iOS version and Kopaka's is unlocked automatically on the Android version, from what I've heard. I believe these are going to be combi models similar to the Tahu combi model recently released on the LEGO Club website. Chances are we'll see building instructions for them released online before the year is out.

• Upvote 5

I took a few screenshots of Kopaka's upgraded form

Pretty sure that red piece on his back is a glitch, though

It is. Before my game started crashing, I had Kopaka's alt. form and it had white armor on the back.

That picture makes me want the new armor in red though :s

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

Hopefully it's a sign that we'll get Toa Hordika-esque Toa later on in the future.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yeah because the Hordika were great :s I still don't understand how you get this form. I'm on android and my Kopaka never looks like this!

That alternate Kopaka looks really cool, especially with the wings. :) Hopefully that is the combined model for Kopaka and the Protector of Ice, because I have both of them and wouldn't mind building this if/when instructions are released for it.

Also, does anyone know if Lewa and Pohatu have alternate forms on the game as well? I know that may be a silly question, but I was wondering if anyone had unlocked alternate models for them if they do exist.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I will try to post a screenshot of Onua's alternate form when I get home tonight. Does anyone know the proper way to post images on BZP? Do I need to upload to a host or just upload directly? I can't remember the rules from last time.

Either way is fine. To upload to BZP you have to use the Gallery - it's best to consult the New Member Compendium and/or the Pictures topic if you can't get the hang of it. 

Ah I see. I did wonder why that button didn't seem to work... Given that the tutorial is essentially, 'click stuff and things happen' it's no surprise people don't know!

Onua's alternate form is unlocked automatically on the iOS version and Kopaka's is unlocked automatically on the Android version, from what I've heard. I believe these are going to be combi models similar to the Tahu combi model recently released on the LEGO Club website. Chances are we'll see building instructions for them released online before the year is out.

So that explains why there was another form of Kopaka in the android version.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

• 3 weeks later...

Since the game has collectible armour peices for customisation, my guess is that we'll be able to unlock the other toa's forms after we collect all of their peices. I dont know if this is true or not yet

Considering no one's managed that so far, I'm a bit skeptical that that's the unlock method. I think it's more likely that the other upgraded forms will be added in further updates to the app throughout the year.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Someone has actually, though I forget who... I think it was possibly NotS or TLH but both could be wrong! I'm up to 91 parts now but have been too busy with other stuff to waste time on the other 98 lately! I actually just checked the game as well as it was updated a few days ago but I didn't log into it since. No new forms or pieces since then so was probably just a bugfix...

Someone has actually, though I forget who... I think it was possibly NotS or TLH but both could be wrong! I'm up to 91 parts now but have been too busy with other stuff to waste time on the other 98 lately! I actually just checked the game as well as it was updated a few days ago but I didn't log into it since. No new forms or pieces since then so was probably just a bugfix...

How could you forget that it was me?  I've got all 189 and I can confirm that no other alternate Toa models are available other than Onua for me.

- :t::l::h:

How could you forget that it was me?  I've got all 189 and I can confirm that no other alternate Toa models are available other than Onua for me.

- :t: :l: :h:

I thought it was you but then I realised you probably had better things to do with your time so I suceond-guessed myself :D

• 1 month later...

Well I've been spending the evening sifting through the assets in Unity. I have good news, and bad. The good news is that Onua and Kopaka's alts are both in the PC version, (they appear to be using more Protector parts on their models than seem to render in game. >.>) I also found Tahu's alt, and though from what I can see, it is indeed the Club exclusive combiner, either my assets are very incomplete, or so is the model.

That brings me to the BAD news. As far as the other three Toa are concerned, the game doesn't actually contain the alts at all. The models for the combiners are actually completely different assets within the game. Where the normal Toa just start with a folder tree labeled after their name, the combiners are categorized under (TOA NAME)_Exclusive, which simply do not exist for Lewa, Gali and Pohatu.

I imagine at some point the game will be updated with those models, but for the moment, I think it's pretty safe to give up hope of unlocking them ourselves. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but for the most part, this mystery is now solved.

EDIT: Screenshots. Again, pretty sure my asset bundles are somehow incomplete, but this is the best I have at the moment.

ezaHhOK.png

BRs4W6P.png

fa7TCuP.png

Edited by Vahkiti Master of Time
  • Upvote 7

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

I've collected all of the pieces in the game on the android version. I used a simple glitch of setting the game 1 day ahead of the current day and so on. Took me a good 3 hours of patience to send a toa to lose inmediately in the survival maps and redo it over and over but i did it.

I can confirm that reaching the final piece does not award any special congratulations text, any reward nor any alternate models although all of the toa have a combiner button and kopaka is the only combiner still unlocked.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

Anyone else see the sunken dragon hunting Kopaka?

Perhaps the ice elemental from Lomn has come back for revenge, after all these years...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Anyone else see the sunken dragon hunting Kopaka?

Perhaps the ice elemental from Lomn has come back for revenge, after all these years...

Where did you guys see that?

I assume they meant the half textured platform in my above post. :P

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

Aw man, so we may not get a Pohatu, Gali, or Lewa combo? That kind of sucks. :( 

-NotS

Well considering the nature of the game, LEGO could always decide to push an update, but judging by the fact that the PC version removes the alt swap buttons entirely, I'm guessing they've just given up.

• Upvote 1

BZP2024.jpg

• 3 months later...

5 months later and still no updates to the app...guess Lego really has forgotten to make alternates for the rest of the Toa...what a shame.

Please check the date of the last post before posting; if it's been over 60 days, you'll revive the topic.

Revived topic closed - but if new info is indeed found at some point, a new topic can be created at any time!

• Upvote 1