Another Endless Ocean

In this new Gen, does anyone think we'll get another planet with an endless Ocean like G1 Aqua Magna, or do you think there will be more landmasses?

I for one personally hope there will be more than just one island in this Gen.

• Upvote 4

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

But... the giant robot...

Think of the giant robots, you soulless internet people!

IMHO, though, more landmasses might be nice, but I always liked the GSR.

The GSR was in G1 when many characters were nanotech, the characters in this verse don't look like they are nanotech. Well Protectors don't anyways.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

The GSR was in G1 when many characters were nanotech, the characters in this verse don't look like they are nanotech. Well Protectors don't anyways.

I don't see how any of the original characters looked like nanotech, much less how the newer characters for the reboot would look less like it than their predecessors. Given that it was an enormous storyline reveal that the characters were actually nanotech, I think it's safe to say that the sets were not designed to look like that at all.

~B~

• Upvote 1

I like to think that there is at least a couple others islands in the ocean that Okoto is in. Or maybe even a continent as well. That way, we have the possibility of exploring new lands later on in the story. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hmmm. I hope we don't necessarily get another Endless Ocean. There should be other landmasses surrounding Okoto, just to keep us fans from creating a second massive robot theory.

I mean, come on! Two measly islands among a literal planet of water is a bit suspicious.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I certainly hope not, though I suspect we won't get confirmation either way for quite a few years yet. Since the giant robot twist has already been done, I doubt they'll go for the same twist again. It would be too predictable.

That said, a continent would be pretty awesome. We could even have a whole story year (or half of one) based on the sea, with characters using boats and larger ships to go on a voyage to another landmass! Pirate-based villains! Giant sea monsters! The more I think about it, the more awesome it could be...

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

• Upvote 4

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

"Oh, what do we do with a drunken Toa?

What do we do with a drunken Toa?

What do we do with a drunken Toa-

Early in the morning?"

Argh! It's ye Captain Tahu, sailing the high seas and... wait. He's a fire elemental, isn't he. Sailing would limit his powers, wouldn't it?

DARN DARN DARNY DARN!!!

• Upvote 3

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Argh! It's ye Captain Tahu, sailing the high seas and... wait. He's a fire elemental, isn't he. Sailing would limit his powers, wouldn't it?

His ship wouldn't need any cannons.

As long as it has Greg Farshtey along, we're all good. :P

Nah, if there is any sea exploring to be done, take Lewa for the sails, Gali for the water, and leave Pohatu at home. Water =/= his thing. 

• Upvote 2

More land please! I saw this picture of the Mata-Nui island surrounded by a ton of other mysterious islands, and it drives me crazy what interesting and cool stuff could be explored with them. Okoto is sure to get a little boring after a while if things don't get spiced up...

Tell that to Jaller Mahri. :P

• Upvote 1

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I certainly hope that there is no endless ocean, and I'd assume that the currently planned three years will only take place on Okoto. If however, those three years become five to seven, then I'm all in for a little island hopping, but I personally don't think that there will be an endless ocean this time.

I like the theory that Okoto is somewhere off the coast of the Spherus Magna mainland, but perhaps that's just me...

Okoto looks like it formed from tectonic activity (from its volcano) so it could even be in the middle of the moon-sized circle of ocean where Aqua Magna rejoined the planet. It would be a cool reference for older fans if it happens to be in the same place as Mata Nui was, just now the Endless Ocean does have an end.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I like the theory that Okoto is somewhere off the coast of the Spherus Magna mainland, but perhaps that's just me...

Okoto looks like it formed from tectonic activity (from its volcano) so it could even be in the middle of the moon-sized circle of ocean where Aqua Magna rejoined the planet. It would be a cool reference for older fans if it happens to be in the same place as Mata Nui was, just now the Endless Ocean does have an end.

I would love this, especially if they revealed it a while down the line. Make it be the equivalent of the big "U R NOT TEH 1ST TOA!!11" reveal we got at the end of '03, or the GSR reveal at the end of '08, for maximum points.

I'm sure they'll change islands after the proposed 3 year plan (if BIONICLE continues further). I'm sure LEGO realizes that staying on one location for too long will end up going stale (which is why we had so many location changes in the first gen story).

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Well, who knows if this island has deep undergrounds like in Mata Nui 01-03. That's be cool. The Toa Mata/Nuva have 3 years with one island, and there was plenty to do/where to go to

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I hope we get to go more locations, I want Okoto to develop but we also shouldn't stay there forever. I'd like to visit other planets, too.

Yup, he just needs the Mast of Life.

• Upvote 2

I'm fine with water now. Yayz! Now I go sailing too. Just... keep it well lit.

Sorry, 'Hatu, as someone who's lived near the sea, I can tell you it's pitch black at night on the open ocean.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't see how any of the original characters looked like nanotech, much less how the newer characters for the reboot would look less like it than their predecessors. Given that it was an enormous storyline reveal that the characters were actually nanotech, I think it's safe to say that the sets were not designed to look like that at all.

~B~

Bohrok sure looked Nanotech to me... If youd count them as "original characters"

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Folks, "nanotech" was a metaphor. They were only "nano" compared to the giant (who was a metaphor of a human with cancer in terms of where the inspiration for it came from) -- and since we didn't know there was a giant back then, no, they didn't look nano. :P (And because of that, what "nanotech to a giant robot" looks like is... a normal human. Did they look normal human sized? Yes, but that's hardly any major accomplishment. :lol:)

I suppose you might have made the connection to a small degree from their being LEGO sets, so we're used to seeing them as smaller than us, though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It could be that BIONICLE sets are to scale. If the Toa Mata are at average Toa height, how tall does that make the GSR?

Uh, the robot is 40 million feet tall, regardless of Toa size. In story, the Mata are the exact same height as the Inika.All Toa are roughly 7 feet tall. What does that have to do with the GSR?

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

It could be that BIONICLE sets are to scale. If the Toa Mata are at average Toa height, how tall does that make the GSR?

Uh, the robot is 40 million feet tall, regardless of Toa size. In story, the Mata are the exact same height as the Inika.All Toa are roughly 7 feet tall. What does that have to do with the GSR?

I mean, if the Toa Mata are scaled down, how big would the GSR be on the same scale?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I mean, if the Toa Mata are scaled down, how big would the GSR be on the same scale?

Ah. That. Well, in the future, please try to be specific when you talk about things. Makes it a lot easier for your audience if we can actually understand you. :)

To answer your question, it would be a little over 238,095 feet tall.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Folks, "nanotech" was a metaphor. They were only "nano" compared to the giant (who was a metaphor of a human with cancer in terms of where the inspiration for it came from) -- and since we didn't know there was a giant back then, no, they didn't look nano. :P (And because of that, what "nanotech to a giant robot" looks like is... a normal human. Did they look normal human sized? Yes, but that's hardly any major accomplishment. :lol:)

I suppose you might have made the connection to a small degree from their being LEGO sets, so we're used to seeing them as smaller than us, though.

Weren't they supposed to be nanotech for the GSR? Considering how big it was in comparrison they qualify as nanotech. Somehow they got sentience, Velika?

Anyways hopefully another island with a Master of Electricity, Wood, Metal, Darkness and Light comes up. :)

Considering how big it was in comparrison they qualify as nanotech.

Yes, but as I said, nobody knew know there was such a big thing to compare them to at the time, in the story, in 2001, so those saying "they looked like nanotech even then" are obviously relying on hindsight. You can't invoke this comparison to defend that claim, by definition. (Not sure if you were, or if you were just confused as to what was being discussed, but there ya go.)

Somehow they got sentience, Velika?

This is off-topic, but yes. However, it's sapience. (Full sapience.) See here.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Considering how big it was in comparrison they qualify as nanotech.

Yes, but as I said, nobody knew know there was such a big thing to compare them to at the time, in the story, in 2001, so those saying "they looked like nanotech even then" are obviously relying on hindsight. You can't invoke this comparison to defend that claim, by definition. (Not sure if you were, or if you were just confused as to what was being discussed, but there ya go.)

Somehow they got sentience, Velika?

This is off-topic, but yes. However, it's sapience. (Full sapience.) See here.

However, was it planned that Mata Nui was a giant robot from 2001 or was it a later development?

In any case as I said hopefully we get another/more island or continents. Although a full exploration of Okoto should be in order first.

It was planned from the beginning that Mata Nui was a giant robot. Actually, Aqua Magna was supposed to have more islands representing other body parts (I believe the hands and chest had islands too, the hands having islands with tall spires being the fingers) but those got cut from the plot.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The Bohrok (or Bugs, as they were called then) were supposed to cone from Three Finger Island, one of the planned islands.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I hope we get to go more locations, I want Okoto to develop but we also shouldn't stay there forever. I'd like to visit other planets, too.

The Bionicle Bootleg Mata Nui set that mistranslated 'Mast Of Life"

cringe

The Bionicle Bootleg Mata Nui set that mistranslated 'Mast Of Life"

I was referencing it. xD